This idea has been in my head for some time now, but I really don’t want to write it, because, honestly, I lack the skills and I’d love to read it.
Severus adopts Harry after a series of events (of your choice), they develop a loving father-son relationship. At some point, the Potters return turning everything upside down.
Severus adopts Harry:
- Harry must be/have been adopted by Severus. It could be during his childhood with the Dursley's (1-10 y/o), or sometime during his time at Hogwarts (Years 1 to 3).
- There has to be a strong parent-child bond between the both.
- Blood adoption is not a requirement, but it is accepted.
- Abuse from the Dursley’s: Accepted. If used, it must be that it is the reason for Severus to adopt Harry
- Gryffindor OR Slytherin Harry.
- No Ron/Hermione bashing, they have to become as attached as they were in canon. Harry has to befriend Draco during his childhood or Hogwarts.
- Relationships: Aside from these, it doesn’t matter. (Het or Slash, that’s up to you)
- Harry/Ginny FORBIDEN
- Harry/Cho Chang FORBIDEN
- Seeker star Harry
- Severus must be protective of Harry and a loving father figure.
- Relationships: Het or Slash. No restrictions.
The Potters’ return:
Dumbledore: mild bashing. He fights Severus over Harry’s guardianship because of the bloodwards. When the Potters come back he has to insist on Harry living with his birth parents
- Lily, James or both come back to the Wizarding World. They may come back from the dead, but it’s not what I specifically want. They could have left Britain thinking Harry dead, because they went into hiding, or for any other reason that you find suitable.
- The Potters may have more children, but only one or two more.
- Severus becomes insecure thinking that maybe Harry will prefer his parents over him.
- If the Potters went into hiding leaving Harry behind, he has to resent them, not forever, but he has to prefer Snape over them. Same happens with Sirius and Remus.
- James being jealous of Harry and Snape’s father-son relationship.
- In regards to Sirius and Remus: Do as you wish with them (*cough*Iwould’tmindsomeWolfStar*cough). I’d like to see them on good terms with Severus and Harry, maybe even teaching Harry how to be a prankster extraordinaire