Round One Voting!
Congratulations to all our contestants participating in the TriWizard Writing Challenge so far! Round Two has just completed. Those still wishing to submit works for Round One and Two may still do so, they will simply get fewer points and not be eligible for any voting that has already been concluded.
- Each submitted story is worth 5 points.
- Each story that was submitted on time will receive a further 1 point.
- Every story nominated by a reader in a comment for that round will receive 1 additional point.
- The top stories of each round will be placed in a poll to vote on for first, second, and third place of that round. First place will receive 3 points, second place 2 points, and third place 1 point.
Here are the nominations for Round One, points will be in parenthesis:
That means Hopeless Wanderer, MagnificentAndStrange, and JAWorley will have their stories featured in a poll to decide 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for Round One. Please vote within the next two weeks!
Here are the works submitted for Round Two. In the comments below, please list up to three of your favorite stories of this listing (yes you may vote for yourself):
Just a reminder that Round Three's deadline for full points is December 25!
It must be a Christmas or winter themed story. There is no word or chapter limit, but it must be a newly
published and preferably completed work. You may cross post this new work to other sites. If needed, you may choose from these prompts. Or you can browse the challenges pages for inspiration.
Round Three prompts to pick from:
- wearing armor around Hogwarts
- a snow mustache
- snowy animal (dog, cat, magical creature)
- Christmas stocking
- baby in a manger
- snow globe
- taking a group picture
- the most useless present
- snow angel/man
- a crack in the ice
- snowball fights
- being snowed in
- singing Christmas carols at the top of your lungs
- silly Christmas outfits/costumes
- Elf on the shelf
- Secret Santa
- someone calls Snape “Scrooge”
- Muggle board games
- Harry is bad at wrapping presents
Good luck and to your quills!