Summer Before Sixth Year by Terri
Summary: The summer after the Department of Mysteries battle is a hard one for Harry, plagued by guilt but determined to make himself fit to fulfill the Prophecy. Along the way, he trains hard, and learns to trust and love. The start of a series which will eventually be a Snape mentors Harry tale.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Ginny, Hermione, Remus, Ron, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Sixth Year Series
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 56071 Read: 74365 Published: 30 Nov 2005 Updated: 14 Dec 2005
Magic and Training by Terri
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: Not mine - just borrowing them

Beta'd by the magical irisgirl12000

Harry slept badly that night; his scar ached and his dreams were restless. He woke up Wednesday morning feeling hollow eyed and exhausted. Before he even opened his eyes, Harry turned his attention inward, smoothing the walls in his mind, filling it with happy thoughts of his friends. He made his way slowly through the pathways and corridors, checking to make sure all were sealed and secure. Assured that everything was in place, Harry opened his eyes, startled to find Albus Dumbledore’s nose a bare inch from his own.

“Good morning, Harry, how does your head feel?” Dumbledore straightened up and sat on the edge of the bed, handing Harry his glasses.

Harry rubbed his scar. “It still prickles, Professor, like it is on the verge of hurting worse, or something is going to happen.”

“And you said that it has felt this way before?”

Harry nodded. “Yes, it has felt like this at times since Voldemort’s return, especially after Occlumency lessons with Professor Snape.”

Albus Dumbledore looked thoughtful, and seemed to be studying the lightening bolt shaped scar on Harry’s forehead as if it might give him a clue at to why it was acting peculiar. “When you had this before, do you remember if it was when you were dreaming of the Department of Mysteries, Harry?”

“I dunno…maybe.” Harry tried to think. “Yes, I think it was when I was having those dreams a lot last spring.”

“Perhaps it is a sign that Lord Voldemort is plotting again, Harry. You have learned to protect yourself too well for him to plant images in your dreams, so this maybe how he is testing you. Whatever it is, I believe we will need to be watchful.”

After breakfast, Harry joined the others in the third floor classroom, where they were working on shielding charms and the incantation to bind an opponent. They took turns shielding and binding each other, with a lot of mistakes and much laughter. Harry’s head still ached, so he sat down to watch the others after he had mastered the charms. A feeling of unease had settled over him, and he stared out the window at the overcast sky without really seeing it.

Harry hung back as the others left the classroom for the Great Hall, the sense of unease strengthening. Remus noticed and walked back to him.

“Alright there, Harry?” He frowned in concern.

“No…Remus, where is Professor Dumbledore? I think I know something…” Harry’s voice trailed off as his scar gave a painful twinge.

Remus gripped his arm. “I’m not sure, Harry, but I can find him, why?”

“I just…can someone go check on Fred and George Weasley at their shop, I just have a bad feeling…I’m not sure I can really explain it…” Harry rubbed at his scar absently, feeling a bit foolish.

Lupin looked at him intently, clearly taking what Harry was saying seriously. “Of course, I’ll attend to it immediately. Are you alright to go on downstairs?”

“Yeah, I’m okay.” Harry gave his guardian a half smile. Remus nodded and turned up the marble staircase towards Dumbledore’s office.

Harry didn’t mention anything to the others as they had lunch, although Hermione seemed to be eyeing him sharply. After they were done, Ginny went up to write her mum a letter; Harry, Ron and Hermione decided to take a stroll outside.

“You going to tell us what’s going on, Harry?” Hermione asked conversationally.

Harry grinned at her. “How’d you know something was up?”

“You look terrible, and you have been rubbing your scar all morning. Where did Remus go?”

“Well, it’s probably nothing,” Harry shot a look at Ron. “But I asked Remus to send someone to check on Fred and George.” Ron paled. “Not for any special reason, Ron, I just had a bad feeling.”

“Your bad feeling is good enough for me, mate.” Ron said quietly. “Guess we’ll just have to wait for Remus to come let us know what’s going on.”

They walked in silence for a while, down the grassy slope towards the lake. The gray skies were reflected in the dark waters of the lake. They were skipping rocks across the water’s surface when searing pain erupted in Harry’s head. Ron was able to catch him before he hit the rocks and the water along the shoreline. Hermione ran over and grabbed his other arm and they got him back to the grass.

Harry concentrated on the smooth walls and tried to summon Phoenix song in his head, which had helped him minimize the pain before. His stomach churned with the intensity of the pain, which felt like his head was splitting open. Belatedly, he thought about the watch and got a finger on it pressed. Instantly, the trilling notes of Phoenix song filled his mind, and the pain eased. Sitting up slowly, Harry, his eyes still closed against the pain, felt a grin split his pale face.

“Harry?” Albus Dumbledore put his hand on Harry’s head.

“Fred and George okay, Professor?” Harry asked as the calming effect his Headmaster always had settled on him.

“Alas, there was nothing left to be done when Tonks, Kingsley, and Remus arrived.” Dumbledore’s fingers rested on Harry’s forehead, as if gauging the level of pain. “Do not underestimate the abilities of our young jokesters. They had 2 Death Eaters stunned and bound by the time the others arrived. It seems the Death Eaters were hoping to put the twins under the Imperius Curse, and they failed.”

“But why, Professor?” Hermione asked

Dumbledore helped Harry to his feet, and steadied him. “Lord Voldemort’s treachery can only be guessed at, but I believe that he is seeking someone close to Harry.” He gazed at them over the top of his half-moon glasses. “You must be very careful, all of you. Stay together and under no circumstances are you to go off by yourself.”

Ron, Harry and Hermione looked at each other and then at the Headmaster. “Yes, sir.”

The rest of the afternoon was supposed to be spent in the third floor classroom practicing Occlumency. Ron, Harry, and Hermione had told Ginny what had happened after lunch, and Remus Lupin walked back in shortly after they had started, his eyes twinkling. He told them in a laughing voice about the trip to Diagon Alley, and how Fred and George had taken care of the Death Eaters. Remus shook his head, laughing.

“Those brothers of yours are pretty special, Ron. Had they applied themselves to school in the same way, they would have been brilliant!”

They had just settled in to practice when Professor Dumbledore entered. He had a quiet discussion with Remus before he faced the teenagers. Ginny, Ron and Hermione needed to learn to throw off the Imperius Curse, given the events of the morning. Harry, Ron and Hermione had experienced this before, in Defense Against the Dark Arts class with the “fake” Mad-Eye Moody their fourth year. Harry had also had the curse put on him by Lord Voldemort, in the graveyard the night of his rebirth. Harry had managed to fight the curse both times.

Sending Ron and Ginny outside to practice their Occlumency in the hallway, Hermione stayed in the classroom.

“Harry, I would like you to sit over by the window, go ahead and relax.” Remus directed, as he stood at the other end of the room with Hermione. Dumbledore remained beside the door. Remus took out his wand and Harry heard him mutter “Imperio” quietly. Hermione swayed slightly. Remus leaned over her and whispered something in her ear.

Harry watched the activity with one eye open, a yawn splitting his face. He watched Hermione take several hesitant steps towards him, before she faltered and shook her head hard. Remus spoke again, his tone more forceful. Hermione took several more steps in Harry’s direction, before stopping again. She stopped again, shook her head once, forcefully.

“No…NO! I WON’T!” Hermione came out of the curse and blinked several times.

“Very good, Hermione, very good!” Remus clapped his hands and Professor Dumbledore beamed. “Excellent! Let’s try it again.”

Harry shot Hermione a grin and still smiling, closed his eyes and prepared to practice Occlumency. He smoothed the walls in his mind and filled his mind with happy thoughts of flying his Firebolt. His concentration was so absolute that he neither saw nor heard Hermione throw off the Imperious Curse twice in rapid succession.

“What…” Harry started when someone smack the top of his head. His eyes flew open to find Ron standing over him, shaking his head. Rubbing the top of his head, Harry eyed Ron’s sheepish face and caught sight of Remus’ grin.

“What was that for?” Harry grumbled.

“Sorry, Harry! I was trying really hard!” Ron said in a rush. “Guess I need to work on it again, Remus.” Ron walked back towards Lupin.

Harry blinked and looked around the room. Professor Dumbledore and Hermione had left, and Remus was talking to Ron in a quiet voice. He had no idea how long they had been there, but the shadows in the classroom had lengthened.

“What’s going on, Remus?’ Harry asked.

His guardian looked up and smiled. “Hermione and Ginny did very well throwing off the Imperius Curse, and Ron was just having a go at it now. Relax, Harry, so that Ron can try again.”

Harry settled back and closed his eyes, not sure he liked being the object in this particular test. He heard the murmur of voices before his restless night caught up with him and he fell asleep. Fred and George laughed at him in his dreams, tightly bound and hooded Death Eaters on the floor in front of them. The bound figures twisted and wriggled on the floor, and then they merged into a great writhing snake. Red, slitted eyes flashed at him as the snake slithered closer, trying to find a way in, to penetrate the smooth walls.

The dream evolved into a nightmare, everything darkening as pain exploded in his head. The snake was hissing angrily, accusingly, as it tried to find a way through the smooth walls in his mind. Despite the terrible pain, Harry wanted to laugh; he’d come a long way from the worthless mind that Voldemort had been able to manipulate a few months ago. He fought against the blinding pain and used all his strength to summon the feelings of love he felt for his friends. He thought of Sirius and his parents, and the love he felt for them surged through him.

The snake struggled harder, trying to force its way in, pushing at his defenses. Harry’s head felt as if it was exploding from within, but he fought for what seemed like hours. No, Harry screamed silently at it, you won’t win, you can’t win. I know the Prophecy, and I know that you will not win, he jeered at the snake. His brain on fire, Harry focused all his being on the ones he loved and the knowledge that he was loved, and fell blissfully into the swirling darkness.

Awareness returned slowly, Harry felt the throbbing of his scar first, and then the usual churning of his stomach. He kept his eyes closed and concentrated on breathing slowly and steadily through his nose, willing his stomach to settle. He knew before he opened his eyes that he was not alone, feeling the presence of both his headmaster and godfather.

As if sensing he was awake, the cool fingers laid themselves across the sore and burning scar. “Harry?” Albus Dumbledore’s voice was soft and concerned.

Harry slowly opened his eyes, the world around him softly out of focus. Remus handed him his glasses silently. Putting them one, Harry could see that he was in a bed in the hospital wing. Harry struggled to sit up. “What happened?”

“You will need to tell us, Harry.” Dumbledore said quietly. “No one has ever seen you do something like this.”

Harry could see Ron and Hermione at the end of the bed, Remus was standing to his left as Dumbledore sat beside him, his hand still on Harry’s head. Harry looked up at Remus questioningly.

“Ron was working on throwing off the Imperius Curse when you went rigid and started shaking, like you were having a fit. We weren’t able to wake you up. When Professor Dumbledore returned to the lesson and found us, he decided to bring you here.”

Harry looked around at the pale, concerned faces. “How long have I been…here?”

“It has been almost an hour since you went to sleep, Harry.” Dumbledore looked him in the eye. “Do you remember what happened?”

“Yeah, I was dreaming and the snake appeared, Professor, and it was trying to get in!” Harry was rubbing at his head again. “I was fighting Voldemort, I think.”

“Harry, I have brought the Pensieve down, do you think you are feeling up to using it?”

Harry nodded slowly and watched Remus hand the ancient stone Pensieve to Dumbledore. Hermione reached over and handed Harry his wand. Concentrating on the dream, his head still throbbing, Harry put his wand to his temple, withdrew a silvery, gossamer strand and dropped it into the stone basin. Using his wand tip, he stirred the liquid and it began to swirl. Professor Dumbledore watched the dream intently, and the others crowded in to peer over his shoulder. Harry lay back on the pillow and closed his eyes; he’d already been through the dream once today. It was odd to hear his own voice as he laid there, he thought, his wand hand absently rubbing his aching scar. It was more than the normal throbbing that he had become accustomed to.

“I believe you are right, Harry, I think Lord Voldemort is obsessed with getting to you before the start of the term. You did an excellent job of fighting him off this afternoon; happily, you managed to best him again.” Professor Dumbledore smiled at Harry. “And completely infuriate him, I imagine, by referring to the Prophecy.”

“But why is V...Voldemort so obsessed with trying to get to Harry before the start of term, Professor? Hermione asked.

“Come Sunday, Hermione, this school will be filled with the many fine witches and wizards that teach here, as well as the all the students. Combined with the ancient protection that Hogwarts enjoys, this would be more than even Voldemort and all his Death Eaters could breech. His only option is to strike prior to the start of term or wait until the holidays.” Dumbledore peer back down into the swirling liquid of the Pensieve. “And we know, Voldemort has little patience for waiting.”

“So, the next few days could be a bit dicey, Professor?” Harry asked quietly.

Dumbledore nodded slowly. “Yes, Harry, I think we need to anticipate Voldemort trying something before Sunday.”

“What can we do, Professor?” Ron asked.

“We will need to be aware of our surroundings and vigilant about what is going on around us.” He looked at each of them in turn, peering intently over the top of his glasses. “No strolling to the lake, keep together, and do not investigate anything out of the ordinary on your own.” He glanced up at Remus. “You took care of the other arrangements, Remus?

“Yes, Professor, they will be here for dinner.”

“Thank you, Remus.” Dumbledore lifted the Pensieve towards Harry. “Harry, retrieve your dream, please, and then we will get ready to go down to dinner.”

Harry did as he was told and swung his legs over the side of the bed, as Dumbledore swept out of the room. “Where’s Ginny?” He asked, noticing her absence for the first time.

“She had gone back up to the dormitory before you…started having your dream.” Hermione said, looking anxiously. “Harry, you need to tell Ginny about the Prophecy; she is the only one of us that doesn’t know. It’s really not fair to her, you know.”

Harry blinked; he had quite forgotten that Ginny didn’t know. “Alright, I guess I just forgot.”

The Great Hall twinkled as floating candles softly lit the room, a spectacular cloud-streaked sunset in reds and oranges as a backdrop. The small circular table that they had been eating at for the past few weeks had been replaced by one of the long house tables set in the middle of the room. Harry saw that they were the first ones there and hesitated for a moment before striding over to the middle of the table. Ron took the seat on one side of him and Hermione the other, just as they did for most meals during the school term.

“How’s your head feeling, Harry?” Hermione asked.

“Better, thanks.” Harry told her, as Ginny rushed into the room with Remus trailing her.

“Harry! Are you all right?” Ginny asked anxiously. “Remus just told me you were up in the hospital wing!”

Feeling his cheeks reddening, Harry shrugged. “Just a bad dream, Ginny, I’m fine.”

Ginny stopped short, her expressive face apprehensive. “Is everyone okay, Harry?”

“Yes, Ginny, everyone is fine! Come sit down.” Harry waved her into the seat across from him, Remus sitting down next to Ginny. “It was just one of those snake nightmares, Ginny. You know, just makes my head feel like it is going to explode!”

Just then, a group of people walked into the Great Hall, lead by Professor Dumbledore. Harry was surprised but pleased to see members of the Order of the Phoenix, including Bill Weasley, Alastor Moody, Tonks, and Kingsley Shacklebolt. As they exchanged greetings, the teachers began to filter in, McGonagall, Flitwick, Sprout, and Snape, with Madam Pomfrey. Everyone took a seat, from the center outward, with Dumbledore on Ginny’s other side and placing Snape at the far end of the table, which made Harry happy. Hagrid brought up the rear and settled at the opposite end of the table.

Albus Dumbledore rose and spread his arms. “Welcome, welcome. I am so pleased to see guests around our table.” Sitting down, he gestured with his wand and food appeared on the table. The murmur of quiet conversation, punctuated with laughter was the only sound after everyone started eating.

Harry found that he had little appetite; his forehead still prickling distracted him. He pushed potatoes around on his plate, his thoughts on how Voldemort might be planning to attack. He knew that whatever happened, it would come swiftly, and the Death Eaters would not hesitate to use any of the Forbidden curses. Harry found his eyes moving from face to face of those around him, knowing that any one of them could be hurt or killed in the defense of him. He knew that Sirius had been right, and that this war, like the first one, would have casualties, but his heart contracted at the thought.

“Harry.” Hermione leaned in close. “You need to eat something, before Remus holds you down, and I force feed you!”

Harry looked across at his godfather suddenly, and took in the stern expression on his face. An apologetic smile flitted across Harry’s lips, and he began to eat the well-mixed potatoes. Trying to eat enough to satisfy Remus’ watchful eye, Harry kept his head down and stared unseeingly at the food on his plate. He was torn by the feeling that he was the cause of all the problems they were preparing for, and the oppressive Prophecy that said he was the only one who could do anything about the really big problem that they were facing: Voldemort. He sighed, no wonder his head hurt most of the time!

“Harry.” Albus Dumbledore’s soft voice brought his head up. The bright blue eyes were concerned. “You are rather quiet, does your head still ache?”

Harry tried to smile but failed dismally. “No, not anymore than usual, Professor, it’s just…”

“Things weighing a little heavy tonight, Harry?” Remus said softly, leaning across the table.

“Yeah.” Said Harry, grateful for Remus’ perception. “I don’t how I am supposed to feel, part of me wants to run and hide, but another part of me wants to just get on with it. But getting on with it means that other people are going to hurt, and…killed.”

Understanding flooded into Dumbledore’s eyes, and a look passed between him and Remus Lupin. “The best we can do, Harry, is be prepared for whatever comes, and do our best when it occurs. You are not the cause of this conflict, Harry, but the one who has been destined to rescue us from it. In most of your encounters with Voldemort in the past, you have been isolated and alone, but in the future, you will have us to help you.”

Harry looked down at his plate again, a wave of sadness rolling over him. Sirius had given his life to save Harry and his friends.

“Harry, look at me.” Remus’ quiet voice commanded, and he looked up to meet the expressive gray eyes, which flashed at him now. “I neither plan to die in this conflict, nor plan to let you die, or anyone else. We all know what is at stake here, though, and have made to choice to be here. You have not. Your path was chosen for you before you were born, and you alone have had no choice in the matter. Harry, you must not feel that you are putting me or Ron or Hermione or anyone else in jeopardy, we have made the decision to be right here, right now. Moreover, we all realize that, in you, we have the means of conquering the most evil wizard of our age. You have proven yourself time after time, with the Sorcerer’s Stone, in the Chamber of Secrets, with the Dementors by the lake, the Department of Mysteries, and alone in that graveyard that night last June. You have stood tall and proud, loyal and true to the end, and you have prevailed over everything that Voldemort has thrown at you! I just want you to know that I am damn proud to be here, with you, Harry.”

The room had gone silent, and as Harry gave his godfather a grateful smile, Dumbledore stood and began to clap. Harry felt his cheeks redden as everyone around him stood; he tried to wave everyone down, but gave up as Ron began to pound him good-naturedly on the back. As the noise abated and people sat down again, Dumbledore remained standing.

“Good evening. Everyone here tonight is a member of the Order of the Phoenix and therefore very aware of what has transpired in the recent weeks.” He looked up and down the table, stopping to address the four Heads of Houses. “I believe that Voldemort will make an attempt to get at Harry between now and the start of term. In order to ensure his safety, and ultimately, the safety of all the students at Hogwarts, we have added protections to the castle that should prevent any breech of its walls. The grounds are less secure, of course, and the Forbidden Forest is unprotected. With this in mind, I would ask that Professor Sprout not attend the greenhouses alone, nor anyone go beyond the walls of the castle alone.”

Dumbledore’s eyes swept the table again, before pinning Harry with a gaze. ”Harry has assured me that he will not go off on his own, and will stay inside the castle. Bill Weasley and Tonks will be staying in the Gryffindor dormitories, and the young people will continue with their lessons. Thank you all for coming.”

Dumbledore sat down and gave Harry a small smile. Harry smiled back, feeling better. Their eyes met and Harry was sure that his Headmaster could see clear down to the depths of his soul.

“Come on, Harry, let’s go up to the Common room.” Hermione said, standing.

Ron, Ginny, and Harry followed her from the room after exchanging goodnights with the others present. A fire crackled merrily in the fireplace when they arrived, and the four settled into their favorite chairs in front of it. They sat in silence for several long minutes, before Harry cleared his throat.

“Ginny, I have to apologize to you.” He started hesitantly. Ginny looked at him questioningly, but Harry held up his hand. “I had completely forgotten that you did not know about the Prophecy.”

Ginny looked him. “The Prophecy smashed that night in the Department of Mysteries, Harry.”

“Yes, but it was just one of the records, Dumbledore had another.” Harry told her. Looking at Ron and Hermione for support, he relayed the Prophecy, word for word, to Ginny, whose face grew paler as his spoke. “So, you see, everything has been preordained.”

“Blood hell, Harry.” Ginny breathed. “That’s really depressing!”

Harry stared at her for a moment and burst out laughing. “Yeah, you got that right!”

Everyone laughed and the conversation dissolved to a more lighthearted level. By unspoken agreement, no one mentioned the anticipated attack. Ron got out the Wizard Chess board and challenged Harry to a game. Harry, chatting happily with the girls, showed off by moving his pieces around the board with a wave of his fingers. Ron tried to do the same but merely managed to knock a couple pawns over.

Bill and Tonks came in a while later, carrying an armful of butterbeers and sweets. A second chessboard appeared and another game started. Tonks squealed when she caught Harry’s unique way of moving pieces and both she and Bill tried to do the same. At some point, Remus and Kingsley joined them, and another round of chess started. Ron was so distracted by Harry making things fly around the room and zoom toward his head, that he almost let Harry win.

“All right you lot, enough!” Remus laughed just before midnight. “Time for bed, come on.”

“You sound just like mum,” Bill grumbled at him good-naturedly. “You’d think I was still sixteen!”

They went up to the dorms after exchanging goodnights, and scrambled into bed. Harry felt worn out, but his mind was still dwelling on the events of that afternoon. As he lay there, deliberately clearing his mind, he had a sudden memory of what his life was like just over 5 years ago, in his cupboard under the stairs. Rolling over, Harry wondered idly what would have happened if Hagrid had failed to find him that July 31st when he turned 11; wondered what his life would be like today if he had not come to Hogwarts. Would Voldemort have gotten the Sorcerer’s Stone? Would the 16-year-old Tom Riddle have killed Ginny in the Chamber? Would he have ever met Sirius? He certainly would not have known anything about his parents, and Voldemort could have shown up one day anyway, and Harry would have been totally defenseless.

Even with the painful grief he carried in his heart, Harry knew that he could never regret his life, or the burden he had been given to carry. Determinedly, he cleared his mind and sealed the walls into place, drifting off.

The stone pit was as cold as ever, the ancient archway with its tattered black veil fluttering in a nonexistent breeze, and a barely audible whisper of voices.

“Sirius?”

“Hello Harry.” Sirius’ Black’s husky voice was warm with pleasure. “How are you doing?

“I don’t know, Sirius, it has been a strange day.” Harry ran through what had happened the night before in Dumbledore’s office and on Diagon Alley this morning. He finished with the events of the afternoon. “So, it looks like Voldemort is going to give one last go at getting to me before the term starts. Half the Order is here tonight, and I am sure there are more on guard duty outside.”

“But that is not what is really bothering you, Harry, is it?” Asked Sirius in a gentle voice.

“No, guess I can’t help feeling like it is my fault everyone is in danger. Again.”

“I suppose you have already gotten the pretty speech from Remus?”

Harry smiled in spite of himself. “Yes, and my brain recognizes that everything he says is true, but my heart hurts, Sirius! Everyone who has ever loved me has been killed, or could be killed. Sometimes, I just wonder if I should have ever come to Hogwarts.”

A barking laugh sounded from Sirius. “Harry, there is no way you could NOT have come to Hogwarts. Dumbledore knew that you were the only hope for the entire wizarding world, he would have found a way.” Sirius paused, and in a quieter voice continued. “When I was sent to Azkaban, and finally understood that Crouch was not going to give me a trial, I was devastated. I spent a lot of time over the next 11 years, Harry, imagining what my, and your, life would have been like if I had not been so hell bent on avenging your parents’ deaths. If I had only gone with Hagrid when I met him at the house in Godric’s Hollow, having just dug you out of the debris, I could have told Dumbledore about Wormtail. I used to get lost in fantasies of what we could have been doing when you were 3, or 5, or 10. It was part of what kept me alive in that hole, Harry, but no matter how much I wanted it, I could not change what had happened. And neither can you.”

The longing in Sirius’ voice touched Harry deeply. “Yeah, I’ve had those fantasies, too. I know you are right, Sirius. It’s just that sometimes everything just feels like a heavy weight sitting on my chest.”

“Keep it in your mind that this is your job, Harry, to get rid of Voldemort. Just like training to be an Auror, you need to train to and learn everything you can that will help you to kill Voldemort. Your magical abilities will astound you when you have learned to use them to their fullest, and you will find that you have exceptional powers. Besides that, Harry,” Sirius’ voice held a smile. “You are my godson, so you can not be less than bloody brilliant!”

Harry laughed, some of the weight lifting off his chest, as he drifted off into sleep.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1061