Sixth Year by Terri
Summary: This story follows the events of Summer before Sixth Year. No HBP but canon through OoTP - Snape mentors Harry as he trains to learn what he needs to fulfill the Prophecy.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, Sirius, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: Sixth Year Series
Chapters: 22 Completed: Yes Word count: 67275 Read: 92490 Published: 14 Dec 2005 Updated: 01 Jul 2006
Halloween by Terri
Author's Notes:
Discalimer: Not mine - just borrowing them!!

Saturday morning dawned clear and sunny, just a light breeze blowing across the pitch as Harry and Ron walked toward the Quidditch field, broomsticks over their shoulders. The team was to meet them in an hour and tryouts were to begin shortly after that. Harry and Ron mounted their brooms and kicked off hard. It felt wonderful to Harry, flying high, the wind whipping through his hair, and the sheer exhilaration made his laugh out loud.

Madame Pomfrey’s potion had knocked him out last night before dinner was even over, and Harry had slept for almost twelve uninterrupted hours. He felt rested and refreshed, the dull throb in his head gone. Although the nurse had told him he must come by the hospital wing every evening for a quick check and potion, until she was sure that he’d recovered from the effects of the curse. Harry didn’t want to go through another week of the nightmares.

The morning flew by as the team and the hopeful new members played Quidditch. Ginny was a wicked flyer and did indeed gain the position of chaser by a unanimous decision of the other team members. Natalie MacDonald, a surprisingly strong third year took the other chaser position. By early afternoon, Harry was surprised to look down into the stands and see them half full of students and staff watching as the team wrapped up their practice. Ron flew up beside him as Harry signaled to the rest of the team to land.

“My stomach says six hours of practice is enough for the first time, mate.”

Harry grinned at him and raced him to the ground.

The rest of the weekend was spent working on homework and Quidditch strategy in the common room. Hermione supervised both, as well as making sure that Remus drank his Wolfsbane Potion every day. Tuesday was the full moon, and Harry was determined to make sure everything went all right, with Remus spending the night curled up in his room as a wolf.

Harry approached the Potions classroom with apprehension Monday morning, flanked by Ron and Hermione. He had not seen Snape since the incident Friday, and was not sure what to expect. They seated themselves at their usual seats in the back of the room, and sat silently. Harry flinched as the Potions Master swept in, slamming the door behind him. Striding to his desk, Snape immediately began to lecture the class on healing potions, without so much as a look at Harry, who slowly let out the breath he wasn’t aware he was holding.

The full moon passed peacefully that Tuesday night and Harry checked that Remus was sleeping peacefully in his chambers before going to classes Wednesday morning. He was sleeping better and Madame Pomfrey allowed him to start sleeping without her potion by that Friday. The weather started to get cooler and Hogarts settled into the new term.

Hermione’s birthday on the nineteenth of September brought a celebration after dinner that night in the Gryffindor common room, with sweets and a cake. She had opened presents that morning at breakfast and had been thrilled with the book on the study of Arithmancy that Harry had gotten for her, and went pink with pleasure over the delicate locket that Ron had given her. Harry had to hide a smile in his napkin, as she leaned over to kiss Ron on the check, who went as red as his hair. Ginny laughed so hard at the look on Ron’s face that Harry had to hold her on the seat.

September flew into October with lessons, homework, and Quidditch practice three times a week. The second week of classes, all the returning members of the DA were invited to the Room of Requirement, everyone including, much to Harry’s surprise, Cho Chang showed up. They settled on alternating classes every Tuesday or Thursday nights to accommodate Quidditch practices. Remus attended most of the DA sessions, mainly to assist and offer suggestions, making it clear that he was only there in a supporting role. Harry’s chest swelled with pride when he found out that every sixth year in the DA had earned an O on their Defense Against the Dark Arts O.W.L. the prior June.

The first game of the year would be Gryffindor verse Slytherin, and Harry was determined that they would win. Snape had not said a word to Harry since the incident at the start of term, but Harry had felt those dark eyes follow him across the Great Hall on numerous occasions. Remus and Dumbledore continued to teach Harry advanced magic, training him to fine tune and use his powers. Harry was glad that he had not suffered any major attacks, but had noticed an increase in how often his scar throbbed and ached, to the point that it was not unusually to go days without relief.

Professor Moody’s classes were lively, with frequent visits for the members of the Auror Squad in residence at the Shrieking Shack. The sixth years were refreshed on shielding and charms, with Harry frequently used by Moody to help demonstrate. When it was pointed out to Moody that every student in their class was a member of the DA, they progressed rapidly through defensive spells and charms, and clamored for more. Remus stepped in, and after a lecture on secrecy, Alastor Moody began to teach the class offensive spells and charms that corresponded with their DA practices.

Hermione scanned the Daily Prophet every morning over breakfast for news of Voldemort’s activities, but as October drew to a close, there still was no signs or news. Harry was uneasy, knowing that the frequent prickling in his scar indicated that the Dark Lord was actively plotting. The only thing he could be sure of was that Voldemort was no longer in Hogsmeade, or anywhere close to Hogwarts.

A notice had gone up on the board in the common room announcing the date of the first Hogsmeade weekend of the term, would be the weekend before Halloween. Harry paid little attention to it, as he knew he would not be going. Ron grumbled when reminded that he, Hermione, and Ginny were also restricted from going. Feeling badly. Harry spoke with Remus, and then sent Hedwig to London with a post for Fred and George Weasley.

That Saturday dawned bright and warm for late October. Harry was up early and down at the Quidditch pitch by breakfast. Ron was sleeping in, and he, Hermione, and Ginny were meeting him before lunch. Kicking off from the ground, Harry flew fast around the field, executing several steep dives and rolling moves. On his fifth lap of the pitch, he saw Remus Lupin stood besides the field watching. With a grin, Harry streaked toward his godfather.

“Hi, Remus.”

“Good morning, Harry, where is Ron?’

“Having a lie-in, I think.” Harry told him as he dismounted from his Firebolt, and walked toward Remus.

“I don’t like you down here by yourself, Harry.” Remus said quietly, pinning Harry with a steely gray gaze.

Harry started guiltily. “I am sorry, Remus, I didn’t even think about it. I will make sure someone else is with me next time.”

Remus nodded, and they walked over to the stands and sat down. “You have everything you need for your plans this afternoon, Harry?”

“Yeah, thanks for all your help, Remus. Fred and George came through with a package of sweets and Dobby is helping me set up the room, including some lunch.”

Remus slung an arm around Harry’s shoulder, giving him a one-armed hug. “What are you doing for Halloween, Harry?” He asked quietly.

Harry looked at his godfather quizzically. ‘Just going to the feast like always, why?” He searched the light gray eyes, puzzled, as he saw deep sorrow simmering in their depths.

“I had just thought this year you might not want to go.” Remus continued to watch him carefully.

“What do you mean, Remus? Why wouldn’t I want to go to the feast?”

A light of understanding filled the gray eyes and Remus looked away quickly. Harry watched him, thinking hard, trying to figure out why this Halloween might have special meaning to him. “Remus?”

His godfather sighed, and the gray eyes that met the emerald green were soft with sorrow and guilt. “I never considered that you didn’t know, Harry, and I am so sorry to be the one to tell you. Your parents were murdered on Halloween night. I thought you knew, Harry.”

Harry blinked, the corners of his eyes prickling, their brilliant green depths suddenly over bright. “No, I didn’t know. Hagrid told me how Voldemort killed them, but I never thought to ask when it happened.” He leaned into Lupin, needing the human contact. “I never knew.”

They sat in silence for several minutes. “And this makes it fifteen years, then?” Harry asked, the sounds of his mother’s screams that night playing in his mind.

“Yes, fifteen years, but it seems like yesterday.” Remus said, his arm tightening around Harry’s shoulders. “It was like time stood still that night. Losing Lily and James, Sirius arrested for murdering Wormtail and those muggles, and I didn’t even get to see you, Harry, before you were taken to the Dursleys. I lost everyone that I loved that night.” Remus took a deep breath. “I don’t even really remember much immediately after that, just drifting, like I was just biding my time. Then Albus Dumbledore tracked me down and asked me to come back to Hogwarts three years ago. I knew the timing was right, but wasn’t sure you were here until the incident on the train.”

“Why didn’t you tell me who you were at first?” Harry asked.

Remus smiled at him. “You didn’t recognize my name on the train, and Sirius had just escaped. I wanted to talk to Dumbledore before I said anything to you. Of course, he told me that you had never been told anything about your mum and dad, including their friends or history here at Hogwarts. He cautioned me about saying anything about Sirius as he thought you might be frightened if you knew he seemed to be after you, which it turns out you did anyway. Add to that the problems you had with the Dementors.”

Harry snorted. “The Dementors that caused me to relive my parents death over and over again.”

“Yes, I remember feeling as if I’d been punched in the chest when you told me that, Harry.”

“And then finding out that Sirius was my godfather, but had betrayed…” Harry’s voice trailed off, the thoughts of the false accusation painful to both of them.

Remus tightened his arm again, giving Harry a hug as they sat there in silence for several long minutes.

“You have me now, Remus, we have each other, as well as friends who love us.”

His godfather smiled and nodded, and together they made their way back up to the castle.

Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were sitting in a corner of the common room with first and second years scattered about. Ron jumped up as Harry came in, almost tripping over a first year girl.

“Oy! Watch out midget! Harry!” Ron called across the room.

Harry walked over with a grin, reaching a hand out to Ginny, and pulling her to her feet. He turned and repeated the gesture with Hermione as well. Looping an arm around each, Harry guided them towards the portrait hole. “Come on, Ron.”

He lead them up to the Room of Requirement, and ushered them into a teashop with two tables set up inside, each table with two chairs. A cart stood beside them, with steaming tea and coffee, bottles of butterbeer, flagons of pumpkin juice, and a tray of sandwiches. A smaller cart held a pile of their favorite sweeties.

“I felt bad that you all were missing out on going to Hogsmeade because you were my friends, so. With a little help, I brought a bit of Hogsmeade to you.” Harry told them.

“Oh Harry, what a wonderful surprise!” Hermione hugged him and kissed his cheek. Turning she grabbed Ron’s hand and led him over to the table next to the tray of sandwiches.

“This is wonderful, Harry, and very thoughtful of you.” Ginny told him softly, reaching up and kissing him gently.

“You snogging Harry before lunch, Ginny?” Ron’s voice floated over to them. “Food first, kissing after!”

Ginny giggled and Harry laughed as they joined a red-faced Ron and Hermione. Dragging the chairs over, they all sat at one table and ate their lunch together, talking and laughing. The teenagers relaxed like they had not been able to do since before Harry’s battle with Voldemort, since summer vacation.

Hermione tactfully maneuvered Ron to the second table with their chairs, his back toward Harry and Ginny. Harry smiled into Ginny’s lively brown eyes and reached across the table to take Ginny’s hand. He was amazed at how easy and natural it seemed to be. Snapping his fingers, Harry summoned several Chocolate Frogs, and then had to let go of Ginny’s hand in order to catch them.

Ginny giggled as Harry handed her a frog, kissing her as she leaned across the table. Harry grinned as he recaptured her hand, not feeling the need to talk. He resisted the temptation to glance over at the next table where his best friends were, as he heard Hermione giggle softly. A warm feeling of contentment filled Harry, and for once, he felt at ease with the world.

They spent Sunday morning concentrating on homework, and then an afternoon Quidditch practice. Hermione had become the unofficial team manager, organizing practices, documenting new techniques, and generally keeping Ron and Harry on tract.

The conversation with Remus kept repeating in Harry’s mind, and after dinner he excused himself and headed to the library. It felt strange to Harry, as he scanned the shelves, to have to look up and read about your parents’ deaths. He stood there looking at titles, not knowing where to start, feeling a little lost.

A hand touched his arm. “Harry?” Hermione stood beside him. “Can I help you find what you need?”

Harry looked at her quizzically.

She smiled at him. “I just took Remus his Wolfsbane, and he told me what happened yesterday. I was coming to find a book to bring you, that might answer some of your questions.”

“Thanks, Hermione, I didn’t know where to start.” Harry said gratefully.

Hermione took down several thick books and Harry carried them to a table. The account of what happened to his parents was brief, relaying only that Voldemort had appeared at the house in Godric’s Hollow on Halloween evening of 1981, killed his dad and then his mum, before trying to kill him and disappearing. Harry knew from Hagrid that the house had been destroyed and he had rescued the baby Harry from the rubble.

“Not much here, is there?” Harry muttered.

“There were no other witnesses, except you, Harry. Most of what is here is just what they think happened.” Hermione whispered back, Madame Pince eyeing them from her desk.

“Yeah. Here, let’s get out of here.” Harry handed her some of the books, which they returned to the shelves.

Walking out, Harry led the way back to Gryffindor Tower, but headed towards Remus’ chambers instead of the common room. His godfather answered their knock at once and ushered them into the small sitting room with 2 armchairs placed in front of the merrily burning fire. Harry took the closest chair with Hermione perching on the arm, while Remus settled himself in the chair closest his bedroom.

“Alright, Harry?”

“Frustrated, but yeah, I’m okay.”

Lupin smiled at him. “Harry, you are going about this the wring way.”

“What do you mean?”

“Remember what we talked about yesterday morning? Close your eyes, Harry, and think. Add what you know with what you heard when the Dementors came near you, and think of some of those nightmares you’ve had where you see the flash of green light.” Remus leaned toward him. “Remember that you are the only eye witness to what happened that night.”

Harry leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes. Hermione rested her hand on his shoulder in silent support.

“Sirius said that he went that night to check on Wormtail, but he was gone, which made Sirius uneasy. So, Wormtail had already gone to tell Voldemort where we were. My dad saw him first and told my mum to take me and get away, and then Voldemort killed him. Voldemort caught my mum and he told her to step aside, that she didn’t need to die. She refused to, kept telling him no, and he killed her. Then Voldemort hit me with the killing curse, but it bounced off me leaving my scar, and back to him, I didn’t see what happened to Voldemort after that. Hagrid arrived sometime after that to find the house destroyed, my parents’ dead, and me alive. Sirius arrived on his flying motorcycle and wanted to take me, but Hagrid told him the Dumbledore said I had to live with my relatives. Sirius gave him the flying motorcycle to bring me to the Dursleys.”

There was silence for a moment and Hermione shifted restlessly. Harry opened his eyes.

“And I know that Sirius took care of …making arrangements for your mum and dad, tried to find me, but the utmost thing on his mind was to track down Wormtail, as he was the only one that knew Peter was the secret-keeper. You know what happened after that.” Remus told them softly.

“Where were you that night, Remus?”

Remus ran his hand through his hair. “In London, on a mission for the Order. I didn’t know about what happened until late that night.” He rubbed his hands over his face. “By the time I got to Godric’s Hollow, Sirius was gone, and all I could do was sit and look at what was left of your house.”

Harry could hear the pain in the older man’s voice, and looked up to see the tears shining in Hermione’s eyes. Remus leaned forward, resting his arms on his knees, suddenly looking years older. He stared into the fire, watching the dancing flames.

“We both lost the only families that we had that night, Harry, and went through some rough years.” Remus looked at him, the gray eyes dark with sorrow. “We were able to have Sirius for awhile, when I never expected to see him again. And we have each other now, along with Hermione, Dumbledore, the Weasleys, and our friends.”

Hermione moved over to the arm of Remus’ chair, and Harry followed, sitting on the other side, his hand resting on his godfather’s shoulder. They sat there in silence for several minutes, before Remus shooed them off to do homework.

The next several days pasted quickly, and on Wednesday afternoon, Harry went up to the Room of Requirement early, having skipped lunch. He settled in to the silk cushions that appeared for his special lessons, as well as the DA meetings and closed his eyes as he prepared to practice Occlumency. Smoothing the walls he had erected in his mind, he sealed it off, and filled his mind with happy, loving thoughts of his parents and Sirius.

“Harry.” The soft husky voice of Sirius Black unfurled in his mind.

Harry once again found himself in the circular stone chamber in the Department of Mysteries, on a raised stone dais set in the center of the middle, the ancient stone archway at one end, its tattered black veil stirring slightly to a non-existent breeze.

“Hello, Sirius.” He sat on the dais next to the archway.

“How are you? And Remus? And everybody else?”

“Harry smiled. “Everyone is just fine, Sirius, although it did take me a week to shake off the effects of that curse Voldemort hit me with, but I am fine now.”

“I’m glad to hear that, Harry. Dumbledore is holding up alright?”

“Yes, he and Remus are still teaching me advanced magical technique two afternoons a week, between my regular classes.”

“Should I ask how you’re doing in Potions?” There was a grin in his godfather’s voice.

Harry sniggered, as he knew Sirius was thinking of Snape hanging upside down in the Gryffindor common room. “We had some words the first week of term.” Harry said carefully.

“Oh, do tell?”

“Well, I had a bit of trouble sleeping that first week, Snape thought I was being arrogant when I was just exhausted, and, um, I sort of screamed at him.” Harry mumbled.

“You screamed at Severus Snape and lived?” Sirius’ voice was disbelieving.

“Yeah, then promptly collapsed at his feet when Voldemort had a temper tantrum. It was humiliating!” Harry grumbled.

Sirius laughed his sharp bark of a laugh, and Harry laugh in sheer delight just hearing it.

“Snape given you any problems since then, Harry?”

“No, he pretty much ignores me, which I don’t mind at all.”

“Good, the greasy git!”

Harry laughed again. “Oh, and Ron seems to have finally noticed Hermione.”

Sirius sniggered. “Have you noticed Ginny yet?”

“Oh, yeah.” Harry said enthusiastically, which caused Sirius to laugh again.

Harry sat on the cold stone, the smile fading from his face.

“What’s wrong, Harry?” Sirius asked quietly.

“Today is Halloween, Sirius.” Harry said simply, and Sirius was silent. “Remus was talking about it the other day, and he didn’t realize that I didn’t know…”

“Oh Harry, I am sorry! I forgot how little you were told.”

“I know, that was what Remus said too, and its okay, Sirius, I never thought to ask either.”

“Well, I don’t think that Lilly and James would want you to still be mourning them fifteen years later, Harry.” Sirius said softly.

“Do you think they would like me, now I mean, um, the way I am…”

“Harry, your parents would be very proud of you, proud of what you have done, and never doubt that they have always loved you!” Sirius was firm. “And you are to go and have a good time at the feast, alright.”

“Yes, Sirius.” Harry smiled.

“And give Remus a hug for me, will you, as it sounds like he might need one.” Sirius’ voice faded.

Opening his eyes, Harry found both Remus and Professor Dumbledore standing over him. Smiling he stood and gave Remus a swift hug. “From Sirius, he thought you might need one today.”

Remus returned the hug with a smile and Harry turned to find Dumbledore watching him with that piercing gaze.

“We were talking about it being Halloween, Professor, about what happened fifteen years ago.” Harry met the light blue eyes, sadness lurking in his emerald depths.

“Remus mentioned your conversation to me, Harry, and it made me realize how little you know of your own heritage, and for that I am sorry.” Dumbledore put his hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“Some day, I would like to visit Godric’s Hollow, sir.” Harry told him.

“You will, Harry, you will.” Dumbledore told him. “In the meantime, I expect you at the feast tonight, as I am sure your parents would have wanted.”

“Sirius said the same thing, and we will both be there.” Harry said as he met the eyes of his godfather.

Harry met Ron, Hermione, and Ginny in the Gryffindor common room after classes. Ginny and Hermione both gave him hugs.

“Alright, mate?” Ron asked as he took possession of Hermione’s hand.

“Yeah, I’m okay.” Harry replied as he took hold of Ginny’s hand.

“Then let’s go.” Ron led the way down to the Great Hall.

The Great Hall was aglow with floating candles and thousands of lit carved candles of every size, resting on every available surface. Live bats flitted about the room, some walls black with them. The enchanted ceiling showed thousands of diamond like stars sparkling in the cold moonless sky. Orange steamers hung behind the staff table, danced up and down of their own volition. Every ghost in the castle seemed to be there, gliding soundlessly over the tables.

Sliding in to their usual seats at the Gryffindor table, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny looked with pleasure at the decorations. Excited conversations could be heard all around them, but Harry was content to sit quietly, Ginny’s hand locked firmly in his. Hagrid clapped a hand on Harry’s shoulder and would have knocked him flat if Ginny hadn’t held on to him. Remus walked by behind him, with a subdued smile. Professor McGonagall stopped behind Harry with a hand on his shoulder, and leaned over him.

“Alright, Harry?” She asked, her eyes bright.

Harry was reminded again that he wasn’t the only person who had loved his parents, and smiled at her. “Yes, thanks, Professor.”

McGonagall patted his shoulder and walked toward the staff table. Following her movement, Harry saw that Professor Dumbledore had just come in too. Everyone was there now, and as the Headmaster sat down, every manner of delicious food appeared. Roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes, runner beans, squash, breads, and flagons of milk and pumpkin juice.

For a long time, the only sounds were those of forks and knifes hitting the golden plates, and the rattle of serving dishes. As dinner was finished, great puddings of every kind appeared, along with pumpkin pasties and pumpkin pies. Harry ate as mush as he could stomach, and felt himself under the scrutiny of several pairs of eyes, the closest pair belonging to Hermione. Pushing his plate away, Harry ignored her stern gaze, and was content to watch Ron attack a treacle tart.

A throb of pain shot through the lightening bolt scar and a shiver of apprehension ran down Harry’s spine. He shot a look at the top table, but Remus was in conversation with the Headmaster. Another searing jolt brought Harry to his feet, and he did not fancy giving the entire student body a demonstration of what his scar could do to him. Ginny stood with him, and Harry grabbed her hand. Leaning towards his friends, Harry mouthed, “scar” at Hermione and headed towards the door with Ginny at his side.

As they stepped into the Entrance Hall, Harry stopped as the pain seared stronger through his head. Rubbing his forehead with the heel of his hand, he ran with Ginny up the marble staircase. The pain continued to increase, and by the time they had made it to the first floor landing, Harry found himself leaning on Ginny. Trusting her to lead him in the right direction, Harry focused on sealing his mind. They heard the great oak entry door open, and looking back, Harry could see Kingsley Shacklebolt hurry across the floor towards the Great Hall.

As Kingsley disappeared inside, Remus sprinted up the stairs. “Harry!”

A lightening bolt of pain split his head as Remus grabbed him, and everything went black. High-pitched cold maniacal laughter echoed through his mind, punctuated by flashed of green light and the shape of a skull with a snake for a tongue. The mad laughter continued as Harry felt himself shaken hard.

“Harry! Stop!”

Harry tried to focus on Remus’ voice, the insane laughter dying as he realized it was coming from him. Sickened by the realization, his stomach heaved, and he turned his head, trying to turn away. He could feel himself held protectively, an arm firmly around his chest, and Harry rubbed viciously at his forehead with the heels of both hands.

“It’s alright, Harry, calm down. We’re in the hospital wing, and no one else is here.”

The calm, steady voice of his godfather washed over him, and Harry took several deep breaths. His head still pounded, his scar continued to sear white-hot, his stomach churning.

“Harry!” The terror in Hermione’s voice caught at him as he heard running footsteps. “Remus, is he all right?”

Long cool fingers nudged Harry’s hands away from his forehead, laying across his scar and soothing the fire. Harry forced his eyes open and met the concerned blue eyes peering at him over the top of gold-rimmed half-moon spectacles.

“Dark Mark…they shot the Dark Mark…up over where my parents died, and in London…”

“Also, over Hogsmeade, Harry.” Dumbledore told him grimly. “Kingsley just told me.”

“But why?” Harry asked, taking in the pale, shaken faces of his friends, leaning back into Remus’ supporting embrace.

“A warning, I believe, to both the wizarding and the muggle worlds.” Dumbledore told them quietly. “It is also Voldemort way of putting fear into people, because he has always thrived on that power emotion. This is the start of his new plan, the start of the campaign of fear.”

“What are we going to do, Professor?” Ron asked, an arm looped each around his sister and Hermione.

“We are going to do nothing, Ron, as acknowledging this would be an admission of our fear, and we have already proven that Lord Voldemort can not defeat us here. Hogwarts is safe, but we will have to be watchful, as tonight may have been a signal to all loyal follower to begin that campaign of terror.” Albus Dumbledore looked at them all, his face serious. “I know that you will watch out for each other, and you may pass this information on to the members of the DA, but I do not want the other students to know.”

“Yes, sir.” Ron murmured for all of them.

Harry lay awake for a long time that night in his four-poster with the hangings shut, staring into the dark.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1070