Babies Can Teach a Valuable Lesson by preety_lady_serenity
Summary: Harry turns into a baby after an accident in Potions and Snape is assigned to become his guardian. But can Snape take care of a baby? And especially a baby like Harry? Alternative Universe, written before the HBP (posted firstly in ff.net in 01-30-04 )
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic, Child fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 34 Completed: Yes Word count: 122052 Read: 172468 Published: 30 Jan 2006 Updated: 01 Nov 2007
Of Hearts, Words and Dreams by preety_lady_serenity
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer:

Woolfy: I, Woolfy the Werewolf puppet, profoundly refuse to have eaten preety-lady-serenity’s stuffed toy Baba, or chewed her slippers. I must say, however, that she is a naughty writer-wannabe. She uses J. K. Rowling in twisted fanfic involving a Potion Master, a baby and a dog.

Preety-lady-serenity: And where exactly you can read about a dog in my fanfic? Oh my god, what have you done to Baba?

Severus Snape barricaded himself inside his office. He sat on his chair and let out a sigh of disgust. That horrible day was approaching soon. Every year he hoped that when that day came, he would be far away from the school. Yet he was always there. February the Fourteenth was approaching, and he was not happy at all.Snape was a man that could not tolerate nonsense. That muggle holiday was the worst thing that Dumbledore ever allowed to be celebrated inside Hogwarts’ walls. He could not understand why such a brouhaha should ever take place inside a descend school. Yet, students always decorated the place with paper hearts. Some of the professors helped too! Nobody cared what he wanted. He wanted only one thing: Peace and Quiet!

He let a sigh of exhaustion and opened his desk’s drawers. He took a piece of parchment and started scribbling some essay-questions for a higher N.E.W.T test. The seventh year students were going to have a test soon. Suddenly he felt a tag on his right trouser. He ripped his eyes from the parchment and looked down.

“Sevvus, me wants to go walk,” Harry said timidly.

Snape had realized by now that two-year olds seek for a constant environmental change. When Harry lived his childhood with the Dursleys, he would spent some time to Mrs Figg’s backyard. Petunia Dursley had told Mrs Figg that “It would be best if the little monster spent as much time away from her Diddy-darling as possible.” Therefore, during Petunia’s and Dursley’s every-day walk to the park, Harry would spend his time taking care of Mrs Figg’s cats in the backyard. Baby Harry, who seemed to remember that detail, found his restriction inside the castle quite unbearable. He constantly moved around the room he was in, usually following the Potion Master to everywhere he would go. This, of course, annoyed Snape. Greatly.

Snape did whatever he could. On Saturday and Sunday mornings or afternoons, he would take the boy for a walk around the castle’s Grounds. Luckily the Grounds were very big and Harry always found a way to satisfy his need to walk, jump, crawl, run and explore. During school-days however, Snape was facing a problem. As a professor, it was in Snape’s duties to have office hours during the afternoons. Therefore, it was not easy for him to abandon his office and take baby Harry for a walk. There was always the case that a student would come.

Harry looked at his guardian with pleading eyes. Snape mumbled something under his breath and then he stood up and took Harry’s little hand. He opened the door and then looked at Harry.

“Harry, I cannot take you for a walk now, but you can do something else.” Snape looked Harry into the eyes and then pointed with his index at the end of the long corridor. “See the end of the corridor Harry? You can go there by yourself and come back.”

“Me go all awon?” Harry said in amazement.

“Yes, you are a big boy. If you need some help you can call me, or ask someone to bring you back here. But, you can go only at the end of the corridor. Do not turn at any corner.”

“Ok Sevvus,” Harry said happily and started walking away from him.

Snape turned around and for the first time he realized that someone had decorated his office’s door with a pink paper heart.

When I catch the brat who did this…” he thought and ripped the heart from his door, before retreating behind his desk.

)-)-)

Hermione Granger had her patrol on Hogwarts’ eastern wings. She stared the hearts that decorated the paper walls for the upcoming Valentine’s Day on Sunday and then sighed. This seemed to be the most boring patrol she ever had. Nothing ever happened in Hogwarts’ eastern wings. Though Hermione always did her duties without questions, she could not understand the reason of patrolling the corridor where the professor’s offices were. After all, who would misbehave in front of a professor anyway?

“’Aloou Mimoni!”

The childish squeal startled her for a second. Hermione looked down and saw Harry’s big green eyes staring at her happily.

“Oh hello Harry,” Hermione said smiling to the boy. “What are you doing here all alone?”

“Me goes walk. Awone.”

“Really? Where is Snape?”

“Sevvus is his wid woom . He says me big boy now,” Harry exclaimed proudly and then pointed at Snape’s office-door.

“Is that so? Well done Harry!”

Harry beamed and turned around. He looked at the paper-heart decorations and then stared at Hermione in puzzlement.

“Mimone, why the castle is full of hawts?” Harry said in puzzlement. “Me asks Sevvus but he goes vouzou-vouzou.”

“Vouzou-vouzou?” Hermione asked raising an eyebrow in question.

“Yes vouzou-vouzou,” Harry said and started imitating a very grumpy Snape that walked and muttered under his breath.

Hermione let a chuckle and then covered her mouth as she tried to suppress her giggles. Oh, Snape went vouzou-vouzou alright! He was the only professor in the entire school to look at the hearts as if they were the insides of a Hippogriff.

“In two days, people celebrate Valentine’s Day. It is a day that you give the ones you love a present to state your love for them and…”

“Aw you go to giv a pwesent to Wuon?” Harry interrupted her.

Hermione blushed crimson red and pretended she had not heard the question. “As I was saying, the hearts symbolize love. You know, the heart means love.”

“Mimone aw you go to giv a pwesent to Wuon?” Harry demanded once again.

)-)-)

Severus Snape entered his chamber feeling exhausted. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry had achieved a new record. Twenty-two love-potions were constructed for the given Valentine’s Day. Twenty-two love-potions were drunk that morning. All twenty-two love-potions were not brewed correctly. Twenty-two couples had ended in the Hospital Wing. Result: Severus Snape had one exhausting Sunday.

The first call came from Madam Pomfrey at ten o’ clock in the morning and disturbed his calm sleep. Snape could not help but think that this year the teenagers had started too early. He dressed up, left baby Harry at McGonagall and then rushed to the Hospital Wing. He was busy asking a pair of students that had ended up with feathered tails, when two other pairs of students were hurried in the Hospital Wing. Snape had spent his entire day questioning students, as he attempted to discover which of the three hundred love-potions they had brewed, which ingredients did they use, and the reason the potion’s brewing resulted to a havoc.

He growled slightly. The worse case of bad love-potion brewing came from a Slytherin couple. The couple had drunk the potion and was possessed by a fit of lust so strong that they attacked everything that was moving. They were carried to the Hospital Wing after they had been stopped by a Petrificus Totalus spell. Unfortunately, for Snape, he had to lift the spell in order to speak to them. He had no time to utter a word, yet, for both the boy and the girl attacked him. In a reflex movement he took out his wand and tied them in a binding spell, before they would both rip his robes apart. He then sat down as the couple quivered and Madam Pomfrey shook her head in disbelief.

Snape sat on a high-chair and rest his head. He closed his eyes and let out a couple of deep breaths. He felt his headache subduing slightly and counted to twenty before opening his eyes. He let another grumble and moved towards Minerva’s McGonagall’s chamber. He had a baby to receive.

)-)-)

As soon as he entered the room he saw the small little boy that his was assigned to guard running towards him. Baby Harry stopped in front of the Potion Master and smiled faintly.

“Hello Harry. Were you a good boy?” Snape asked simply lowering his eyes to see the boy.

“He was the most well-mannered little boy I have ever took care of Severus,” McGonagall said, making baby Harry beam in pride. “Wait a moment,” she said and moved to the bathroom to bring Harry’s potty.

“Abus came!” baby Harry said in excitement. “And we payd fami - y!” Harry motioned to Snape to bend and when Snape did so, he whispered into his ear. “Me said Abus give Minnie a kiss. And Abus kiss!”

Snape felt his mouth stretching, involuntarily, to a grin as he imagined McGonagall’s resistance to the whole idea, the Headmaster’s twinkling eyes and then the peck on the cheek. He covered his mouth with his hand as a silent laughter escaped from his mouth.

“Why are you two laughing?” Minerva McGonagall inquired, seeing the amusement in Snape’s eyes.

“Oh it is nothing important. I was just informed about today’s activities,” Snape answered cheekily.

Two red blotches appeared for a few seconds on McGonagall’s cheeks. She then grinned evilly at the black-robed man. She opened the door to let the boy and the man to go.

“Oh by the way Severus,” she said with a mischievous tone, “next time we agreed to allow you to be our baby.”

She closed the door, not allowing Snape to answer back.

“Sevvus,” the toddler said shyly, when they entered the chamber, while he kept his miniature hands behind his back, “Mimone say today is day of love. So, me made this for you.”

Harry brought his hand forward and gave him a folded piece of paper. Snape took it carefully and unfolded it. A sloppy childish picture of a pink heart was drawn in it. Baby Harry stared at his guardian, who kept his eyes transfixed on the piece of paper.

FLASHBACK

A long-necked woman with blond hair stared at the picture he had presented her and silently torn it to pieces, before throwing it into the waste basket.

END OF FLASHBACK

Baby Harry started shivering slightly, while his guardian kept looking at the picture.

“I think it is a very nice picture Harry,” Snape said faintly, “Than-”

Snape had no time to thank the boy, for Harry moved forward and hugged him burying his head inside his robes.

On, no, not another hug” a voice whispered inside Snape’s head.

)-)-)

Baby Harry reached the age of twenty-six month old at the middle of March, without the aid of the ‘Growth Potion’. The reason was that Madam Pomfrey refused to let Harry grown if he was not properly potty-trained. Snape, who had tried every possible mean to help Harry over the past two months, was very pleased when Harry started going on his own.

As it was assigned, Madam Pomfrey was going to allow Harry to grow to a twenty-eight month old at Friday afternoon. Snape, however, had a worry shriveling inside his head. He wondered whether Harry was supposed to talk in such an ungrammatical manner. He decided at the end that it was abnormal and ordered himself to do something about it at first chance.

The opportunity came during their lunch on Thursday. Harry was eating quietly when suddenly the spoon slipped from his hands and fell to the floor. Harry looked down at his golden little spoon and then at the new golden spoon that appeared near Snape. He turned his attention to his guardian.

“Sevvus, me wants othew one spoon”

Snape looked at baby Harry seriously and taking a deep breath and corrected.

“You mean, you want the other spoon, Harry”

Soon, Snape would find out that this answer was going to lead to one long conversation.

“Yes, me want othew one spoon.” Harry said.

“No, no, no, the correct phrase is ‘I want the other spoon’. Can you say it Harry?”

“Sevvus, me wants othew one spoon!” Harry exclaimed feeling extremely irritated by the conversation. The only thing he wanted was to eat.

“Harry, please listen…”

“AAAARRRRGGGGHHHAAAA!”

Harry had started screaming and kicking in frustration, while the entire school, faculty included, kept staring at the conversation with much anticipation and interest.

“Harry calm down,” Snape said. While he tried to sooth the toddler, he kept thinking on how to proceed. When Harry finally stopped screaming, Snape opened his mouth once again.

“Harry, say . . . Other”

“Othew”

“Good, now say . . . Spoon”

“Spoon”

“Other . . . Spoon”

“Othew . . . Spoon. Me wants othew one spoon please.”

Harry’s last statement filled the air with faint giggles. Sighing in defeat, Snape gave Harry the golden spoon. The little boy squealed happily and put the spoon into his food.

)-)-)

“Yummy joos” Harry said happily as Madam Pomfrey gave him a little cup of juice into which she had added some drops of ‘aging potion’

The boy started sucking his juice happily, while he was sitting on Snape’s lap. Snape watched as the boy was covered with a shiny aura. Harry’s body started growing, his eyes got deep green and for a second his scar glowed on his forehead. The boy blinked for a moment and rubbed his scar with the back of his hand, muttering something that Snape thought it meant ‘stingy’.

“Sevvus, me sleepy” Harry said and let his head rest on Snape’s shoulder.

)-)-)

Peter Pettigrew opened the wooden door that screeched. Pettigrew felt his neck’s hair rising, while he blinked his eyes. The room was dark and smelled as if it no fresh air had entered inside for days. A scarred hand touched his right shoulder, making him flinch and sprint slightly away from it. Peter Pettigrew paced towards the lit fireplace, the only source of heat and light inside the abandoned manor. Behind him followed a man. He was walking with his head proudly high, as his mask seemed in perfect condition.

A man sat in front of the fireplace. His red eyes narrowed when he saw the man that followed Wormtail. The nostrils in his small, snake-like nose twitched in satisfaction, when Wormtail brought the man to him, bowed and left the room immediately.

“My Lord,” he said falling into his knees and touching Voldemort’s feet with his fingers, “I have managed to return at last. I am ready. . . ”

“. . . to give your life for me,” lord Voldemort hissed, in satisfaction, as his mouth curled into a hideous smirk.

The man lowered his head so that it would touch his hand, never leaving his fingers away from his lord’s feet.

“I am glad to have you back, my loyal servant,” the red-eyed man and removed the man’s mask.

)-)-)

Many thousands of miles away, a small boy woke up with a startling yelp. He looked around with his big green eyes and looked at the figure of the man that was sleeping to the bed near him. With much effort he climbed down his new bed and moving as quickly as he could, he entered his guardian’s bed, covered himself with the warm blankets and curled himself near the man, who kept sleeping.

The End.
End Notes:
Ok, I have finally finished. Did you like it or not? All reviews are welcome and as you know I love critique if it is justified, so don’t be afraid to say if you do not like something.VOCABULARY

Sevvus, me wants to go walk,”: Sevvus I want to go for a walk.

Me go all awon?”: I can go all alone?

“’Aloou Mimoni!”: Hello Hermione!

Sevvus is his wid woom . He says me big boy now,”: Sevvus is in his read room (office). He says that I am a big boy now.

Mimone, why the castle is full of hawts?”: Hermione, why is the castle full of hearts?

Me asks Sevvus but he goes vouzou-vouzou.”: I asked Sevvus but he went vouzou-vouzou

Aw you go to giv a pwesent to Wuon?”: Are you going to give a present to Ron?

Abus came!”: Albus came

And we payd fami - y!”: And we played family.

Me said Abus give Minnie a kiss. And Abus kiss!”: I said to Albus to give Minnie a kiss. And Albus kissed.

Mimone say today is day of love. So, me made this for you.”: Hermione said today is the day of love. So, I made this for you.

Yummy joos”: Yummy juice

Sevvus, me sleepy”: Sevvus I am sleepy!



This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1087