Babies Can Teach a Valuable Lesson by preety_lady_serenity
Summary: Harry turns into a baby after an accident in Potions and Snape is assigned to become his guardian. But can Snape take care of a baby? And especially a baby like Harry? Alternative Universe, written before the HBP (posted firstly in ff.net in 01-30-04 )
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic, Child fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 34 Completed: Yes Word count: 122052 Read: 172466 Published: 30 Jan 2006 Updated: 01 Nov 2007
Changes by preety_lady_serenity
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer

Woolfy: I have to admit that your fanfic is pretty good, even though you are using J. K. Rowling’s character instead of your own.

Preety-lady-serenity (in shock): Wow, do you really think so?

Woolfy (whispering): Well, not really. I am just trying to raise my popularity level. (skips away happily)

Snape marched down the castle’s corridors towards the Hospital Wing. On his hands he carried a box full of Potion Vials. He had assigned the sixth-year’s students to brew a N.E.W.T’s level potion that had been assigned two years ago in the given exam. He stopped in front of the wooden door, and being unable to release his hands from the burden he held, he kicked the door thrice. The door creaked open seconds later, causing the man to snort in despair.In front of him stood Albus Dumbledore, discoverer of the twelve uses of dragon blood. His eyes held a merry twinkle that would scare a goblin and, probably, cause it to die from a heart-attack. Snape shuddered. If Madam Pomfrey had asked Dumbledore to join on Harry’s next potion dose, then he suspected he was going to hear something that would make him regret of his agreement to become Potter’s guardian.

“Severus, do sit down,” Madam Pomfrey said in her matter-of-fact tone and pointed at one of the empty beds.

The black-robed man sat on the bed, while he stared at the Headmaster and the Healer apprehensively. He could feel it in his bones that something was not right, and he could tell in certainty that this ‘something’ had a lot to do with a green-eyed toddler.

“So Poppy, can I know the reason for this little gathering?” Snape asked in annoyance.

“Certainly,” Madam Pomfrey replied in her business-like tone and swished her wand.

On the wall behind her a huge piece of parchment unfolded. On it many diagrams and figures were drawn. Both Snape and Dumbledore eyed the Healer waiting an explanation of what they were seeing. Taking a deep breath Madam Pomfrey pointed her wand at the charts.

“After the potion doses are given to Mr. Potter, I always spent some time with him into which I record of how much weight and height he has gained. In this parchment I have a projected composite field diagram of Harry’s expected physiological growth from the age of twenty-four months to the age of seventeen years old.”

Her words halted. Snape was looking at her silently, an eyebrow raised in question and uncertainty, while Dumbledore had a dead-pan expression written all over his face.

“Poppy, is there a possibility we can have a translation of what you have just said; in simple and understandable English?” Snape said smirking at her.

“Ha ha, very funny Severus,” Madam Pomfrey in an irritated tone and pointed her wand on the parchment. “In the parchment I have drawn many charts that show how Harry would look in his future ages. The ages are constructed from the age of 24 months old to the age of seventeen years old.”

“This is important because. . . ” Snape voiced.

“At the same I have recorded Harry’s behavior as well. Now, Harry’s psychological readings are in conjunction with those that are projected in the mental capacities of a three-year old.”

A long silence ensued. Madam Pomfrey threw her hands up into the air and granted the Headmaster and Snape with an icy glare.

“Oh for Merlin’s name, Harry acts and looks like a normal three-year old. Buy a dictionary, will you?” she huffed.

“The point is. . . ” Snape said impatiently.

“Since Harry is looking, and acting, like a typical three-year, I guess I can try and raise the amount of potion dose he receives. For this week I will allow baby Harry to grow up to a three-and-a-half year old. I will pay special attention onto how he acts. If, it is proven that he acts exactly like a three-year old, I will allow him to grow up to seven months each week. As you can remember Severus, when Harry will reach the age of seven, I will be able to give him the final potion dose that will allow him to become sixteen again. I can assure you that this will take place before the beginning of the summer holidays.”

Snape remained silent, while his left eyebrow remained arched and turned to face Dumbledore. He pursed his lips for a couple of seconds, before turning to Madam Pomfrey, who had opened her mouth once again.

“As Harry is going to get older by six months this time, this instructs for some changes to be made. First of all. . .”

Snape let out a smirk of satisfaction. He loved proving, even to himself, that he was right in his assumptions. His smirk, however, was erased immediately. At that particular moment it was not in his interest for him to be right.

“. . .the location of your chambers will be currently changed…”

“My chambers?” Snape blurted immediately as he forced his self to focus on the conversation.

“Yes Severus, your chambers,” Madam Pomfrey said simply, “Harry is going to turn to a three-and-a-half year old boy. At this age he must have a bedroom of his own, since it will help him build self-confidence and understand the meaning of privacy and personal space. I can only ask you to start preparing yourself, and the lad, for moving to a new chamber in a few days from now. I was having a conversation with the Headmaster before you arrival on your new chambers.”

“I understand that everything had been already arranged then?” the man asked, feeling slightly irritated. He felt annoyed with the Healer’s and the Headmaster’s tendency to take decisions in his expense. He let an irritated sigh. “And may I ask about the location and appearance of my new chambers?” he asked wearily.

“Your new chamber is located at the eastern wing, as it was your previous chamber. It consists of two rooms that are connected with a common door. I have made sure that there will be enough room for your potion-ingredients’ cabinets, your desk, library and your small living room. Bathroom and bed are obviously included,” Dumbledore said slowly and, in Snape’s surprise, almost official manner. Yet, to Snape’s dismay, Dumbledore gave him a smile and an infuriating twinkle, before continuing. “I have also made sure there is an extra small room for your. . .”

Dumbledore smiled and made with his fingers the invisible shape of a square, implying the door that was near Snape’s desk.

“Since you mentioned it Headmaster,” Snape said scornfully, while he tried to prevent himself from blushing, “I do not want any house-elf. . .”

“. . . Opening, touching or even breathing near that door,” Dumbledore concluded for the Potion Master while he kept looking him with the same infuriating, affectionate smile that he granted Potter every time he would see him.

-)-)-)

Severus Snape looked up from his ‘Daily Prophet’ and tossed it aside. He felt unable to concentrate. Of course this was all Potter’s fault. And the Headmaster’s as well. He eyed the, still, three-year old Harry Potter that was playing quietly. He could not believe that the Headmaster had forbidden Madam Pomfrey to give baby Harry his potion dose. According to Dumbledore’s words, Snape had to convince baby Harry to start Occlumency lessons before the boy would turn three-and-a-half.

“There is the possibility; that as the lessons are postponed, it becomes easier for Harry to refuse. The more you delay something, the more you learn to live without it.”

Snape contemplated on the old wizard’s words. A small part inside him admitted that the old wizard was perfectly correct in his words. Yet he could not help but feel irritated with the Headmaster’s decision. For in order to convince Harry to start Occlumency lessons once again, he had to go through the only thing he dreaded the most. The man cringed at the thought. In a way he was surprised with himself as well. For the only thing he dreaded the most was expressing emotions.

Severus Snape was not a man that could easily express himself on how he felt. In most occasions he managed to stir conversations away from subjects that would force him to show any sign of emotions. And when this seemed too difficult to be accomplished, he always found an excuse to leave the room. Up to now the only way for Snape to show emotion was of him to be overtaken by anger. He had realized that the year before, when in a fit of rage he threw a jar containing pickled ingredients at Potter.

Ah Potter, a little thorn in his sides, he always managed to be. He eyed the boy once again and let out an exasperated sigh, before moving and sitting near him. Baby Harry seized playing with Bibi and stared at his guardian timidly.

“Harry we need to talk about Occlumency lessons,” Snape finally opened his mouth. Yet when the word ‘occlumency’ was articulated baby Harry clutched his guardian’s hand.

“No it uwts! It uwts!” he cried out and shook his head over and over again.

Baby Harry felt Snape’s strong hand on his shoulder and stopped shouting at once. He immediately remembered his uncle’s reaction when he had once caught him shouting, after Dudley threatened to hit him. He clutched his ears with his hands waiting for a hand to give him a blow on the head and then clutch around one of his ears in a violent attempt to rip it from his head.

“Harry, shush!” Snape said slightly, while he rubbed his palm on the boy’s shoulders. “I know that Occlumnecy lessons have caused you pain, here,” the man touched the boy’s scar, “and here,” he continued by touching Harry’s chest. “I have to admit that,” - the man gulped and shuddered with himself, - “I was mistaken. Now, I can give you something to eliminate the pain in your scar, but I cannot prevent your heart from aching.”

Baby Harry stared at Snape for a couple of moments. The man seemed to be looking at the wall as if expecting many colorful flowers to erupt from it at any second. Without turning his attention from the wall the black-robed man, opened his mouth once again.

“Harry, it is essential for you to learn Occlumency now. When you are older you will see the usefulness to it.”

Argh, why am I having this conversation right now? Why on earth am I not shouting ‘You are doing it because I said so? It will be surely more effective,” a voice inside asked impatiently.

“I want you to learn Occlumency in order for you to be safe – because in a way I wish you to be – ahem – you know. . .”

Snape halted and motioned his hand in a circular manner. Baby Harry remained silent.

“. . . Oh you know – phew – safe. I am ready to do anything if it will make you accept start Occlumency lessons once again.”

Snape had no time to conclude. His eyes caught the boy’s gaze. Harry had an expression of pure delight, and cunningness. He finally asked, “You do anyting Sevvus?”

-)-)-)

“Sevvus youw no twying!” baby Harry protested and gazed at the Potion Master, a hint of annoyance spread across his features.

One of these days, I must really learn to consider twice before opening my mouth.”

Snape’s eyes narrowed into slits as he looked at baby Harry with an expression that clearly stated ‘I-Must-Be-Crazy-For-Doing-This’. The green eyed toddler stared back and motioned with his hand, as he has seen his guardian doing a lot of times, a gesture that mirrored the man’s wish for someone to continue. Snape let out a deep sigh.

“Goo,” he, finally, said blankly.

Snape could only see the animosity of the entire situation he was currently experiencing. There sat him, Severus Snape, on the floor of his chamber, having a bib tied around his neck. Baby Harry, the-toddler-who-was-destined-to-drive-him-insane had bargained the beginning of Occumency lessons for a game of ‘family’ as he has named it. Now, the green-eyed toddler stood opposite him and frowned with his guardian’s inability to adapt at his new role as the baby.

“Come ow Sevvus, twy!” Baby Harry whined once again, coming near him, “An smiw,” Harry exclaimed.

Smile? I d –“

Snape had no time to contemplate on the thought, as baby Harry shoved a pacifier inside his mouth. It was at that moment that Snape knew the answer to his mother’s unanswered question, not that he would ever be able to answer her that is. Mrs. Snape always wondered why her son never liked pacifiers as a child. Snape knew the answer the moment that pacifier was shoved in his mouth. It made him feel nauseous. He immediately spat the rubber item out of his mouth, much to baby Harry’s dismay. Seeing the boy’s disappointment, Snape decided to pretend for awhile.

“Daddy I no likes this!” the man whined, pointing at the pacifier.

Baby Harry’s eyes lit as he saw the man’s attempt to play. He approached the man and rubbed his back with his miniature palm. Snape sniffed.

“You cwyd befoouw. You no calm. Is youw nappy wet?”

Snape frantically moved his head in negativity, shuddering with the idea of what the result may was if his answer was positive. Baby Harry stared back at him skeptically.

“Hmmm . . . Aw you miam-miam?” he questioned.

Miam-mian was the ‘baby word’ Harry had created for hunger and Snape could do nothing but nod positively. Baby Harry smiled and turned towards his magical toy-trunk. That toy-trunk had the ability to magically produce some basic toys according to the child’s preferences and it was bought by professor Dumbledore himself, for the boy. Little did Snape know that this trunk was going to cause him a lot of trouble.

Baby Harry, at that moment, opened his toy-trunk and took out the plastic bowl and spoon that popped instantly. He turned to Snape, who was looking at him quizzically.

“Me go prepare foo. You play wit youw toys,” baby Harry said seriously as he pretended to pour something into the plastic bowl. Snape took Gilleon the dragon in his hand and stared at it, before he would press his index against its soft fabric.

Ten minutes, and a bowl of imaginary food, later baby Harry wiped Snape’s mouth and moved to his toy trunk. Suddenly he stopped and turned around and gazed his guardian with a gleeful expression that made the raven-haired man tremble.

“Sevvus, youw giwl now!” the toddler exclaimed enthusiastically.

Severus Snape’s eyes bulged, as his left eyebrow arched in puzzlement. He looked at his chest for a moment and then at baby Harry as if the toddler had sprout an extra head.

“I am a what?” he blurted out.

“Youw a giwl! My dowter, Vinnna!”

Vinna?”

Severus Snape was about to clutch the bib and rip it away from his neck. He was about to shout that he was not going to tolerate such a nonsense as him pretending to be a girl. Yet he had no time to do such a thing, for baby Harry gazed him with a look that clearly stated ‘But-You-Have-Promised’. He sighed as baby Harry let out a triumphant squeal and opened his toy-trunk. Seconds later Snape realized that Harry Potter was going to dare mess with the only thing no one should ever mess when it came to a Slytherin. Reality was that no one messed with a Slytherin’s hair.

Twenty minutes, and many locks of hair later, baby Harry gazed Snape with an expression of that clearly meant he was pleased and asked Snape to stand up and close his eyes. Harry led his guardian to the nearest mirror, while Snape shuddered to think of what his eyes were going to meet when he would open his eyes.

“Ok Vinna, open youw eyes.”

Snape opened his eyes slowly and was granted with an image that represented him but it was not him at all. His eyes bulged and his mouth hanged open to a silent ‘O’, as he examined his image. His hair was caught to thirty separate pigtails, each one tied with a rubber band of a different colour. Snape blinked twice, while baby Harry exclaimed happily.

“Vinna, youw so be-o-tiflu!”

Baby Harry hugged Snape tightly and then stopped. He touched his tummy with his right hand.

“Sevvus, I am hungry!”

“Uh ha,” a noise escaped from the depths of Snape’s throat, who was unable to rip his eyes away from the bathroom’s mirror.

“Ok, me go pwepawe Bibi fow lunkh. Aw you comin?”

“Uh ha,” the noise said once again. Baby Harry left the bathroom. Snape blinked out from his trance. To his surprise his image was still staring back at him with eyes bulged and mouth hung open.

“What is up with you?” Snape asked feeling highly irritated as he ripped the rubber-bands from his hair and rubbed his scalp, since his action caused his pain.

His mirror-image blinked and stared back at Snape, who was still fighting to let his hair loose from the bands.

“For the first time since I was created, I am speechless,” the mirror finally mumbled, and for the first time that day Snape had the urge to laugh.

-)-)-)

Baby Harry stared at his guardian, who was browsing through the cupboard with the potion ingredients. He took out a jar that was filled with something that reminded of the toddler of not properly set jelly. Snape opened the jar and the aroma of freshly-cut mint filled the room. Snape took two spoonfuls from the jar and put them in a bowl. He proceeded by opening a small square box and took a tea-spoon of something that reminded Harry of miniscule marble-like orbs, and if Harry was in his teenage-self he would have recognized them as water-beetle’s eyes. Smashing the water-beetle’s eyes, Snape added the powder into the jelly-like substance and mixed it clockwise three time and then seven times anti-clockwise. Feeling satisfied, he took the bowl and sat near baby Harry.

Baby Harry looked at the bowl’s content and grimaced in disgust. He, sincerely, hoped that Sevvus was not going to force him to eat that mush, for it looked no attractive at all.

“Ok Harry; it is time for Occlumency. This,” he said and presented the bowl, “is something that will prevent your scar from hurting.”

Having said so, he took some paste from the bowl and applied it on Harry’s forehead. A chilling sensation spread inside baby Harry’s scar.

“Cold!” Harry exclaimed.

“Yes, it will help the pain in your scar numb, while we are having our Occlumency lesson,” the man stated, hoping that the mixture was going to work long enough for them to make some progress. He then turned his attention to the pensieve he had borrowed from the Headmaster, collected some of his memories inside it; and placed it on the top shelf of his library. He sat near baby Harry, who had closed his eyes and was trying hard to relax.

“Sevvus me scawed,” baby Harry mumbled trying not to whine, “I no like what I see in Occ-u-mency.”

“Harry, I know it is difficult but I really want you to try. When you see those images, I want you to try not to pay attention to them.” Snape said seriously, “but I rather want you to try and find me in the background. Like when we play ‘Find the Niffler’. You do remember that game, don’t you Harry?”

Baby Harry knew that game well. His guardian had presented him with a book that contained pictures. In every one of these pictures a Niffler was hidden, and they both spent time trying to find it. The boy nodded.

“When you see me, repel me. Relax now. Leglimiens.”

FLASHBACK

A booming thunder echoed inside the cupboard under the stairs. The boy stood up and covered his ears in fear. Silence filled the room, but it was replaced by Dudley’s screams soon enough. He heard the shuffle of feet and then Aunt Petunia’s soothing voice. Harry covered himself, up to the head, with his blanket and let a squeal as another thunder filled his cupboard. Whimpering he stood up and took his blanket with him and climbed the stairs as quickly as his little feet would permit him to do. He stood in front of his uncle’s and aunt’s bedroom, and plucking up the courage he knocked their door. The door creaked open and Aunt Petunia’s face appeared. She looked down at him and narrowed her eyes.

“What do you want?” she demanded, crossly.

“Me scawed fwom boom-booms. Can sleep on the floow, in the woom wit you?”

“Sleep with us?” Petunia Dursley sneered and eyed the boy mockingly, “What makes you believe that I would let you sleep in here? What if you have another accident like the one last night?”

The toddler lowered his head in embarrassment as he remembered his little ‘accident’. Dudley’s scream was heard once again as a rumble boomed so hard that shook the house’s walls. Petunia, immediately, turned around and closed the door leaving the other toddler alone. Baby Harry let out a sniffle and dragged the blanket downstairs.

END OF FLASHBACK

Snape watched Potter’s memory carefully and he was about to search for another one, when he felt a slight hit on his shoulder. Another hit and then nothing. Snape wondered whether baby Harry was actually trying to repel him from seeing more. Suddenly he felt himself dragged outside the memory as a suffocating pain spread down his stomach.

He found himself into his own body, clutching his abdomen. Baby Harry was lying on the floor near him, breathing heavily. He whimpered and shook his head dizzily, before breathing out.

“Sevvus I saw you.”

Severus Snape could not help but feel amazed. Potter has not only managed to find him, through that dreadful memory, but he had also attempted to repel him. The boy, of course, in the end had hit him with his body, but Snape had felt those small hits on the shoulders. Those hits were not physical but mental. And Severus Snape could not help but feel proud for the boy.

WAIT A MINUTE!” Snape protested as he realized of what he was thinking, “Why am I feeling proud for Potter? I do not care about him. I think. No, no, I do not care about him, it is certain. Yes, it is definite. So, why am I feeling proud for him? Nonsense! I do not feel proud. I am pleased. Yes that’s it! I am pleased because the boy will be given his Aging Potion dose.”

Snape fell into a self-debate, before he could control himself.

-)-)-)

Snape could never know on how Potter was going to react to them moving to new chambers. He had expected to hear baby Harry’s disagreement on the idea of a new room, but he could never suspect that he was going to face one great outburst. The Potion Master of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry announced the toddler that they were going to be transported to another chamber in three days. Baby Harry, now three-and-a-half-years-old, shrugged his shoulders and asked whether he could see their new room. Snape, who could not see any wrong to such a request, led the boy to the empty from furniture chambers.

The boy stepped inside the big room and looked around. He moved into the bathroom that was identical to the one in Snape’s chamber and then turned to his guardian.

“Sevvus, arw we going to sleep on floorw?” he asked curiously, pointing out at the lack of furniture.

“No,” Snape smirked and looked at the boy. He, then, pointed at the room showing where his library, mahogany desk, bed, wardrobe and his cupboard with the potion’s ingredients were going to be placed.

“Finally, a small coffee-table with two armchairs will be placed there,” he pointed at one of the room’s corners, “There we will be having our tea.”

Baby Harry nodded and then noticed the two doors on his left. He pointed at the one at the far end of the wall.

“Is this wherwa yourw mummy will tay?”

Snape mumbled an uncomfortable ‘yes-my-mother-certainly’ as quickly as he could, while he placed his hand in front of his mouth, as if he was covering an imaginary cough. In reality, he felt highly uncomfortable to know that Potter was aware of his mother’s hidden portrait.

“Two doorw. What forw?” baby Harry asked pointing at the extra door.

Snape opened the door to reveal an empty room. Yet, where his new room’s tapestry was dark green with silver square patterns, this room’s was light blue decorated with small golden snitches that flattered their wings every once and awhile.

“Harry, you are a big boy right? You can use the toilet, you have your bath in the grown-up’s bathtub and you eat, most, of your food by yourself. So, I thought that you must have something that only big boys have. Your own room.”

The man watched as baby Harry’s facial expression changed from indifference to horror. His eyes looked back in disbelief; and to Snape’s utter shock, he run towards him, sat on his knees and clutched his guardian’s legs in a begging position.

“No Sevvus no, I dono wan rwoom. Please, please no rwoom!” Harry exclaimed rapidly, screeching like a mouse.

Snape stared at the hysterical boy, while he was trapped in a leg-locked position that prevented him to move.

“No new rwoom . . .”

“Boy –“

“Me prwo-ou-mise be good boy. . .”

“Harry – “

“I be quiet . . .”

“Harry – “

“No make noise. . .”

“Potter be quiet!” Snape hissed, in a slightly dangerous manner, making the toddler stop immediately and shoot his head to look at the man.

Snape sighed.

“Can you please release me from your grasp, Harry?” he asked calmly and the boy released him immediately, as if he and touched hot iron. Snape sat down. “Harry, what could be possibly wrong with a new room?”

“I – no – sniff – wan – new –rwoom,” baby Harry sniffed over and over again, “bekioz – bekioz – “

Harry shivered as if he had a fever.

“Bekioz – YOU FORWOOGET ABOUT ME!” he finally cried out and covered his face as he was overcame by a wail.

Forget him?”

“Aunt Verwnon - and - Aunt Petunia fowooget me when gave me rwoom. They no let me out - of - it durwin storwms, they put me thewa all time and when - people - arw coming, they no let me out,” Harry hiccoughed through his sobs. “Please Sevvus, no rwoom. Me tay wit you and prwo-ou-mise no make bad noise.”

The man looked at the distressed child, which sobbed and hiccupped as he spoke. Snape felt once again the unnecessary need to throttle someone and wondered about this. Yet, he dismissed the thought quickly and caught baby Harry into his arms. He felt the boy’s new weight more difficult to carry. In a few weeks he would no be able to pick up the boy at all. That thought made his stomach sting for a couple of seconds.

What is wrong with you today Severus?” he contemplated in annoyance, before he would turn his attention to the toddler.

“Harry your cousin has a room of his own does he not?” he asked, thinking how ironical it was to use the boy’s family as an example.

Harry nodded in agreement.

“Does that mean that your aunt forgets him in his room?”

“No, Aunt Petunia likes Dudley,” Harry said softly and sniffed.

“Well. . . I . . . no . . . ahem . . . I promise you not to forget you. In fact, I am going to leave that door open in the night, so that you can come inside the room when you need me.”

“Even durwin boom-booms?”

“Yes, I guess so,” the man replied shrugging his shoulders in indifference.

-)-)-)

The following two days kept Snape busy. He spent his afternoon packing his potion ingredients, scales, measurers, vials and cauldron in boxes. He preferred dealing with his personal ingredients on his own, rather than letting the house-elves move them to his new chamber. Most of his possessions, including the portrait, had been moved already by him and the house-elves were busy decorating the boy’s and his’ chambers. There was no carpet in the room anymore. His shoes echoed in the naked floor. That evening they were going to be moved to their new chamber.

“Sevvus, you wan help?” baby Harry asked, “Bibi and I help.”

Snape eyed the boy from behind a tower of boxes. Admitting it to himself he needed some help. At the small coffee-table there were many unbreakable Potion Vials full of rose-water that could harm no one even in the case of an accident.

“I could use some help,” he finally answered, “Can you see the four blue vials on the coffee-table? Bring them to me please. One at a time.”

Baby Harry went at the coffee-table and lifted the much-bigger-for-his-hands potion vial. He had barely moved two steps towards his guardian when the vial slipped from his hands and fell onto the naked floor. The toddler watched in horror as the vial landed on the floor with thump and opened. The rose-water spilled on the floor and the faint fragrance of the rose spread into the air.

FLASHBACK

“INCOMPETENT LITTLE BRAT!” a woman shrieked and he was hit by the big wooden spoon she was holding. He covered himself as another blow landed on his shoulder.

“I am sorwy!” he said, trying hard not to whine and cause her wrath.

“Your ‘sorry’ will not bring my fresh cream back! Go to your room quickly. No tea!” she screeched as he stood up as quickly as he could and hurried to his room.

END OF FLASHBACK

Baby Harry stared from the pool of rose-water to the black-robed man and back. The man had already ‘emerged’ from the chaos of boxes and hurried to him. He immediately clutched his head waiting for the man to hit him. He deserved to be hit for destroying Sevvus’ things; at the time he was so busy to put them away. The blow never came, nevertheless, and he could do nothing to look at the man. He had kneeled on the floor and was staring at the spilled rose-water.

“Se-Sevvus, I am rwe-rweally sorwy!” he stuttered, but the man did not spoke. He remained silent, staring at the rose-water pool.

“At least you manage to spill rose-water nicely,” he said slowly letting a puffing sigh and smirked. “Oh well, no reason crying over spilled potion. Since the damage is done, you can play with the liquid if you want to,” he continued and placed his finger on the pool of liquid and created a circle with the string of it.

The boy placed his finger in the liquid and in a couple of moments he was playing with pleasure, while Snape had retreated back to his boxes. When he finished with his playing, Snape had finished and came near him.

“Every time a mess is created, it can be fixed. I have with me some napkins, a sponge and a towel. You can choose any material of them; and we can clean the mess together.”

Baby Harry chose the towel and minutes later the floor was clean and dry. Snape looked at baby Harry, who seemed relieved that the problem had been solved.

“You know Harry, the reason the vial slipped is the outcome of you having two small hands while the vial is too big. Let us take the boxes in our new chamber and then we will go outside. There, we will find a way for you to hold the vial without it slipping.”

-)-)-)

Snape entered the new chambers, with a very happy Harry Potter following him. The boy had learnt that if he held the vial firmly from its neck, it will not slip from his hands. Snape’s new room was in perfect order, as well as Harry’s. The boy ate quickly, wore his pajamas and was placed in his bed with Bibi. After the bed-time story was finished, Snape knew it was time for him to leave.

“Ok Harry, this is all for today. I will go out and leave the door open for you, ok?”

Harry nodded and let out a loud yawn. Snape was about to blow out the candle, when baby Harry lifted his hands, hugged his guardian and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“What was that for?” Snape asked touching his left cheek.

“Goodnight kiss,” Harry said yawning and Snape blew out the candle and stood up.

“Sevvus, you no kiss me back goodnight?”

“Well . . . umm . . .” Snape mumbled.

OH DARTS!”

-)-)-)

o-o-o

The seven year old boy wondered why his father would want his mother’s spirit dead along with her body. He started in horror as the canvases were getting fewer and fewer. Three. . . Two. . . One. . .

Quirinus Snape stopped to look at the last canvas. The woman’s beetle-black eyes enlarged with fear. Her usually pale cheeks were flush-red and her long raven-black hair was messed up. The seven-year old boy looked at his mother’s state and thought that she was beautiful. His father grinned for a moment and with a swift movement he threw the last canvas into the fire.

“NO MUMMY!” small Severus Snape shouted aloud and burst into the room. He eyed at his father, a mixture of horror and hatred in his teary look, and it happened. A wave of a power beyond imagination overtook him and he released a wave of uncontrolled magic so strong that it caused Quirinus Snape to smack on the wall behind him. The boy lost his balance and sat on the floor panting.

Quirinus Snape shook his head to abolish the dizziness and gazed at his offspring. Finally he let out a sneer that made the boy to shudder in fear.

o-o-o

Severus Snape shot out of his sleep abruptly and sat up immediately. He placed his hands on his knees that were now, almost, touching his torso. He brought his right hand on his forehead and then to his mouth. He gulped twice and turned to gaze at the window that was, now, near his bed. First night at his new chambers and he was not enjoying it at all.

The End.
End Notes:

Another chapter done! Review please!

Vocabulary

No it uwts! It uwts!” – No it hurts! It hurts

You do anyting Sevvus?” – You will do anything Sevvus?

Sevvus youw no twying!” – Sevvus, you are not trying.

Come ow Sevvus, twy!” – Come on Sevvus, try!

An smiw,” – And smile.

You cwyd befoouw. You no calm. Is youw nappy wet?” – You have cried before. You are not calm. Is your nappy wet?

Me go prepare foo. You play wit youw toys,” - I will prepare food. You play with your toys.

Sevvus, youw giwl now!” – Sevvus you are a girl now.

Vinna, youw so be-o-tiflu!” – Vinna you are so beautiful

Ok, me go pwepawe Bibi fow lunkh. Aw you comin?” – Ok, I will go to prepare Bibi for lunch. Are you coming?

Me scawed fwom boom-booms. Can sleep on the floow, in the woom wit you?” - I am scared from boom-booms. Can I sleep on the floor, in the room with you?

Sevvus, arw we going to sleep on floorw?” – Sevvus, are we going to sleep on the floor?

Is this wherwa yourw mummy will tay?” – Is this where your mummy will be staying?

Two doorw. What forw?” – There are two doors. What for?

No Sevvus no, I dono wan rwoom. Please, please no rwoom!” – No Sevvus no, I don’t want a room. Please, please no room.

Bekioz – because

YOU FORWOOGET ABOUT ME! – You will forget about me.



This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1087