Babies Can Teach a Valuable Lesson by preety_lady_serenity
Summary: Harry turns into a baby after an accident in Potions and Snape is assigned to become his guardian. But can Snape take care of a baby? And especially a baby like Harry? Alternative Universe, written before the HBP (posted firstly in ff.net in 01-30-04 )
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic, Child fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 34 Completed: Yes Word count: 122052 Read: 172474 Published: 30 Jan 2006 Updated: 01 Nov 2007
Feverish by preety_lady_serenity
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: Woolfy: The characters belong to J. K. Rowling and whoever believed that they belonged to writer-wannabe should reconsider it. Thank you!

Hello all, I am back. It is a long time since I updated. Summer seemed like a roller-coaster ride to me. This is my final year in college, I am finishing my BA so I had to research for Universities and it took me a month or so. I spent two weeks on August on my little apartment at the beach that has no phone, so computer was out of the question and I wrote this chapter on paper there. I re-write it on computer and send it to my beta, Dreamlikecheese. Unfortunately she is moving out and she hasn’t managed to edit it, nor did she give any signs of being alive yet. I decided to give her three weeks but alas no conduct yet. So I decided to post. It’s my birthday on Monday consider it as my gift to you.

So I need two favours. One if you spot any kinds of grammatical errors in the chapter, do point them out in your review. If you feel you do not understand something do ask me out in your reviews. And please do leave your mails if you are not able to log in since I do not reply via the chapters anymore

o-o-o for dreams.

Severus Snape, age seven, looked at the scene in front of him. He was overwhelmed by horror and shock. His father stood still to the ground, his cheeks and forehead painted by the blood that had rushed to his features after that frenzied outburst. He was breathing out heavily, wildly, like a dragon ready to attack. Opposite him, his target. Severus looked at his mother. She was so majestic. Her eyes shone, her cheeks were red, her hair was tangled from her meaningless attempts to escape. She was beautiful, riotously beautiful! Severus watched as his parents stared at each other quietly, panting but not making a single move. It was as if time had frozen inside the Snape manor. And then his father grinned and threw the last canvas into the fire.

“NO, MUMMY!” young Severus shouted and burst into the room.

He glared at the man, not without horror, but the hatred he felt was amazing. His chest was burning hot and this fire spread inside him, uncurled, circled him, covered him and he looked at the man. Severus felt like he was suffocating. And then, it was as if a train rushed out of him, making his veins and temples throb so uncontrollably he thought he would break into a thousand pieces.

The man looked at him in amazement. Severus saw him lift up, as if made out of paper and smack on the wall. The boy felt his legs wobbly and fell on the floor, gasping for fresh air. He gazed at his father, who shook his head. Quirinus gazed back at his offspring and let out a sneer so horrible that the boy shuddered.

Severus found his feet immediately and ran to his own room as fast as he could. He closed the door and opened his drawers. He searched frantically, tossing things on the floor until he found the locket. It was a small, oval one that held a portrait of his mother. She had given it to him the year before but he found it too girly to wear, therefore he had hid it in one of his drawers. He opened it but the picture was white, the woman was not there anymore. He started to cry non-stop. She was not coming back, not anymore. He cried himself to sleep.

Severus woke up in the middle of the night called by a female voice. He rubbed his eyes groggily and looked at the small oval locket in his hands.

“Hush my child, my precious boy, or your father shall hear us and I will be doomed!” came from the empty picture.

“Mum…” he stated groggily.

“Darling, listen to mummy. Another picture of mine exists. It will come to your possession when the time comes.”

Little Severus fell back on his pillow and slept deeply. When the morning came, he convinced himself it was all a dream and hid the pendant gravely in the depth of his boxer’s drawers.

o-o-o

It was two days after that fateful evening when his mother had left his life forever. Severus sought consolation to the one toy he adored and trusted, Zouzou. So far he had no encounter with his father, not even during lunch or dinner and he was happy about it. Yet, that evening Severus Snape’s life was going to take a serious turn.

Quirinus Snape entered his son’s bedroom having conducted his Master about his son’s magical abilities. He had constructed a plan to get him to their side. And it was all going to start with a single step, the transformation of the boy’s current state of living. He took the stuffed toy from the boy’s hands.

“You are too old to play with toys.”

“Zouzou is my friend,” Severus stated meekly, not knowing what to do.

“A friend?” the man snickered, “Live people are friends, and not any of them can be. Only worthy people can be your friends. This,” he said looking at the toy, “is useless.”

To little Severus' horror Zouzou exploded into shreds. He looked at the man in shock as his toys, some Muggle and other wizard, were shredded and broken to pieces by his father’s wand. And suddenly, he found his legs and made them move. He hurried to his drawer, opened it and took the violin into his hands.

“Not this!” he warned, wondering how he had found the courage and how he was ever supposed to defend the musical instrument from the grown wizard.

Father and son stared at each other. The first one secretly impressed. He had set the gyres in motion. He finally lowered his wand.

“Fine, but you will have a wizard tutor for its playing. Now rise and come with me. It is time for your real education to begin. You will no longer deal with muggle trivialities.”

Severus looked at the man. He understood that courage helped him that moment. Yet, his fear was to return.

“I expect the maximum of your efforts when with me boy. Or you shall know my displeasure,” his father said coldly and stepped out of the room, waiting for the boy to follow him.

o-o-o

“We are leaving tomorrow boy,” Quirinus Snape announced during dinner and took a sip from his soup.

Young Severus looked at his father and stirred the contents of his bowl with his spoon.

“Yes sir,” he answered back meekly, not certain on what he was supposed to say.

Quirinus gulped down his soup.

“You will not ask for our destination?”

The young boy remained silent.

“Two good friends of mine, Abraxas Malfoy, and his wife Adeline, has invited us to their manor for the summer. I believe they have a son around your age.”

The raven-haired boy remained silent. His father had stated their destination and he was clearly not asking for his opinion on the trip. He nodded.

“Try to be civil,” the man stated softly and wiped his mouth with a napkin. He tinged a little bell and the bowls disappeared, being replaced with two plates of beef stew and rice.

o-o-o

The carriage slowed down and Severus Snape met the most beautiful scene. A little road led to a huge house that was surrounded by a vast area of green grass. The carriage stopped and father and son dismounted to meet their hosts.

"Severus went near his father, who was standing in front of a tall man with a heavy, neat, blond moustache, short hair, and two icy-cold blue eyes."

“Abraxas, my son Severus,” his father presented him to the blond man and Severus offered him his hand.

Abraxas took it and squeezed it hard.

“Hello Severus. May I present my wife, Adeline,” he said.

Severus looked at the handsome young woman with the grey eyes, took her hand, bowed and kissed it.

“Very well-mannered,” she pinpointed looking at Quirinus.

“…And my son, Lucius.”

Severus looked at the boy. He was slightly taller, pale, with his mother’s eyes and his father’s blond hair. He looked at Snape and offered his hand. Snape felt the boy squeeze his hand and resulted to try and squeeze back harder. Lucius seemed perplexed for a second before trying to squeeze harder. Severus smirked and did his best to squeeze more. Suddenly they let go of their hands as the three grown-ups entered the house.

“Hello, I am Lucius,” the boy said,” and I believe you have a big nose.”

“I am Severus,” he answered back not losing his nerve, “and I believe your ears are as big as plates.”

Lucius stopped to contemplate. Snape smirked. And then, Lucius smiled broadly and genuinely.

“No one has ever replied back to me. They all blush and cry like babies,” he smiled.

Severus smiled softly. The boy surely seemed clever.

“I will lead you to our rooms,” Lucius said and let him inside the house.

o-o-o

The cold breeze touched the eleven year old boy’s neck making him shiver. Severus looked at Hogwarts Express and all the students that entered it. He felt the wand on his right pocket and for a second he felt a soothing feeling spreading in his stomach. He felt a hand on his shoulder.

“Hi mate,” Lucius greeted, “let us go and find a compartment before all the good ones are taken and we have to sit with the muggleborns.”

Snape complied and they mounted on the train. They walked to the corridor that was asphyxiating from the large amount of people. Suddenly a burning sensation spread on his left foot as someone stepped on it.

“Ouch, watch it!” he glared, turning around to meet a pair of brown eyes hidden behind a pair of round spectacles.

“I am sorry,” a slightly taller boy said with a snicker and got out of sight as he moved with the crowd.

Snape huffed and continued making his way through the crowd. Suddenly Lucius’ hand pushed him into a compartment.

“Rosier, Lestrange, good to see you!” Lucius exclaimed, making evident that he knew the two boys. “This is my friend, Severus Snape.”

Rosier nodded but Lestrange, who was a year older as it was evident from his green Slytherin badge, raised his eyes with interest.

“Snape? What is Quirinus Snape to you?” he enquired in interest, examining Severus’ small figure.

“He is my father,” Severus replied softly, sitting down, next to Lucius.

“My father speaks highly of him at home,” Lestrange said enigmatically and smiled at Severus, “I am Rodolphus by the way.”

Severus nodded, wondering inside what his father could be doing to be known among these families. He smiled back nervously. That moment the compartment door opened. A girl peeped inside. She was around Severus’ age with short brown hair, brown eyes and dressed with a pair of jean trousers and a long colourful t-shirt. Rodolphus placed his legs across his seat.

“Sorry, we’ve got no room,” he sneered imperially and the girl’s face dropped. She stared at them for a second and left.

“Mudbloods,” Rodolphus snorted and then chuckled, “Let them sit with their unworthy lot.”

Severus did not speak. Lucius just chuckled.

“So, how about a game of Exploding Snap?” the older boy asked warmly and took out a package of cards from his robes.

Three games of Exploding Snape and some pumpkin pastries later, Severus had the need to stand up as he felt his legs getting more and more numb by the second. He excused himself from the company and strolled down to the end of the carriage. He opened the door and stopped to the small outside area, only to find out that another boy was there. It was the same boy that had stepped on his foot and apologised with a sneer. Severus chose to ignore him.

“’Lo, I am James, James Potter,” the boy introduced after a minute of silence, not looking at the other boy.

Severus nodded with his head.

“I am Severus Snape,” he mumbled indifferently.

“Snape?” the boy asked, “Well Snape, I think you should revise your choice of friends.”

Snape turned to see the boy, thinking that he could not get more irritating. It was his manners that clearly shouted ‘look-at-me-I-know-everything’ that made him seem more and more distasteful.

“I mean their families engage themselves with the Dark Arts. That is what my father says. Not to mention that they are biased against muggleborns.”

“I think it is rich to talk of bias when it is clear that you are prejudiced only by the mere mention of their names,” Severus answered back, his voice dripping with irony, “I thank you for your advice but I believe I can make my own choices,” he concluded and turned to his heels, leaving the boy glaring at him.

o-o-o

Severus Snape, age fourteen, entered his bedroom at Slytherin’s Dormitories feeling not only exhausted but also in pain. Potter and Black had caught him ‘alone’ in the Grounds. He sat on his bed and closed the curtains around his four-poster bed. Five minutes had barely passed when the curtains were pushed aside and someone sat on his bed.

“Severus…”

“It took you some time,” Severus scoffed icily, “Thanks Lucius, for everything.”

“I am sorry Severus but…” Lucius Malfoy started in slight guilt but was immediately interrupted by the raven-haired teenager.

“Do you know how it feels to see your friend, the one that you believe him to be your best friend, pretend not to notice that you are in trouble?” he asked coldly and swished his wand. “Accio Healing Balm.”

A small jar that was half-empty zoomed to Severus’ direction. He opened it, wincing in the process, and started applying it on his arms. He took out his shirt and Lucius saw that the knut-size welts spread from the boy’s hands to his shoulders and down his back. Silence filled the room. Snape applied the soothing balm in his shoulders and tried to spread it down his back unsuccessfully. He winced as he tried harder and harder to reach down his own back when Lucius, who stared at him glumly, reached to take the jar from his friend’s hands. Severus protested but Lucius managed to take the jar from his hands and started applying the balm on the boy’s back.

“That is the only way I will be able to help you, Severus” the blond boy stated softly, rubbing the balm down the boy’s back, “I cannot assist you in your other troubles anymore. You are in the Slytherins’ Black List.”

Severus winced from physical and mental pain. He gritted his teeth.

“And why is that?” he asked behind his teeth.

“I think it is obvious,” Lucius said softly. “You refused to call ‘them’” – in the word ‘them’ he hissed as if he was talking of something foul – “mudbloods, but most of all, you helped that girl last week.”

“Merlin’s Spectacles Lucius! I just mumbled to her not to put that unicorn’s hairs in her cauldron! She had taken five and she was supposed to add three of them. If she had added them, she could have been seriously injured!” Severus said in shock. He remained silent for some seconds and then asked, “Do you think it was a wrong judgement?”

Lucius remained silent but Severus felt the boy’s hand stop on his back for a second and then he started again more intensively.

“You do not think me as erroneous, but you won’t aid me again. Why?”

Lucius remained thinking from some seconds.

“Rodolphus…He... His family will be… when I get a job…”

Severus did not need to know more. The Lestranges were powerful; and could influence many of the Ministry’s officials. And though the Ministry would never admit it in the open, the Malfoy’s reputation, in addition with the Lestranges’ influence ensured a secure position for the young blond Malfoy son. Therefore Lucius preferred to be in good terms with the Lestranges even if that meant he would give his oldest friend a cold shoulder. That did not make Severus feel better at all.

He turned around angrily and grasped the jar from the blond boy’s hands.

“No need to say more Malfoy,” he spat out coldly, “I will make sure I will never trouble you again, nor I will place you in an uncomfortable position,” he concluded caustically.

“Severus, if you just…” Lucius mumbled in uncertainty.

“I got the point,” Severus hissed, “Now if you will excuse me, I need some sleep,” he exclaimed and opened the curtains for Lucius to leave.

Lucius exhaled in defeat, stood up and got outside the dormitory. Severus gulped, trying unsuccessfully to sooth the lump in his throat, and tossed the closed jar of Healing Balm away. He closed the curtain angrily, almost ripping them down. He lay down, feeling the soft pillow under his head.

“You are pathetic,” he growled and placed the sheets over his head.

o-o-o

It was morning at Hogwarts. Snape walked slowly towards the Slytherin table and before he could scan the room for an empty seat, he heard the voice of a certain sixth-year Slytherin.

“Oy Snape! Here!” Rodolphus Lestrange cried out.

He looked up and saw Lucius smiling as he showed him the seat he had saved for him. Severus Snape had been enjoying the last week of school. After the incident between him, Potter and Black at the lake; the Slytherins had weirdly changed their attitude towards him.

FLASHBACK

“Who wants to see me taking Snivelly’s pants off?” James Potter snickered mockingly.

Severus tangled upside down, wanting to sob from embarrassment, wanting to crawl to the nearest hole and die. He tried, in vain, to keep his robes from hanging loose over his head. And suddenly, with his upside down vision he saw James Potter, from whose wand he was held, thrust sideways and falling down, on top of Black. Severus fell with a last hurtful ‘thump’ that made his head zoom. He rubbed his eyes and his vision met a sight unbelievable.

Lucius Malfoy, Wilkes, Rosier and Lestrange were all pointing their wands on Potter and Black. And for a second Severus thought they would hex the two boys, but Lestrange turned to his heels to face the crowd that had started to form around them in interest.

“Go away, there is nothing more to see,” he shooed them away, dissolving the crowd.

He looked at Potter and Black, who were now sitting on the ground, all the Slytherins’ wands pointed at them. Pettigrew had scattered away when the Slytherins had interrupted Black and Potter. Lupin looked up from his book, rose from the ground slowly and moved to the Slytherins’ direction trying to sooth the environment. He walked to Lestrange, who was a prefect as well, but before he could speak, Lestrange spoke.

“I believe your friends have seen how it feels to be outnumbered by too many wands. This time, as a Prefect, I will not allow my friends to attack. That would be inappropriate, wouldn’t it?” he asked coldly, “But be assured, next time I will also pretend not looking at them.”

Lupin’s cheeks were painted red. Lucius helped Severus to his feet and the Slytherins lowered their wands, formed a circle between the blond and his friend and they all marched together to the Slytherin Common Room.

END OF FLASHBACK

From that afternoon, the Slytherins seemed to have created a protective coil around him, not allowing certain Gryffindors around him. Severus, after a very long time, felt happy.

“Okay let’s hurry up and eat. We must rush to the train,” Lucius started.

“Or all the good seats will be taken and we will have to sit with the muggleborns,” Severus laughed.

They hurried to their dormitory and carried their trunks to the carriages. Severus put his trunk into the train and was about to help Lucius with his.

“Lucius – Lucius – Hey mate!” he said to the boy and turned to see what his friend was gazing so dumbly. He saw a group of girl and in the middle, a girl with long beautiful gold hair. “I see Miss Black has grasped your attention,” he smirked.

Lucius coughed and put the trunk into the compartment with a non-truthful glare.

o-o-o

They arrived at Kings Cross near nightfall. Severus dismounted from the train and waited for Lucius to get his own trunk. They both goodbyed their friends and looked around, trying to spot Lucius’ parents. Yet, Severus was about to have one of the biggest surprises of his life.

With Lucius’ parents, his own father awaited. His father had never stepped a foot into the Platform Nine and Three-Quarters or King Cross. He hated ‘the smell of muggles’ as he would say. Therefore it was Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy that escorted him to their house, from where he would be flooed to his own house. Yet, that evening his father was there.

To Severus’ greater surprise, his father passed his hand around his shoulder into a brief hug and patted the shoulder affectionately. Quirinus goodbyed the Malfoys and turned to his son.

“Hold my hand son,” he said offering his hand. Severus took his hand and they apparated home.

To Severus’ greatest surprise, his father turned to him the moment they apparated outside the manor with a smile. The teenager was puzzled.

“Son, Mr. Malfoy had informed me about how you called that girl a mudblood as she deserved. Lucius has written to him about that incident. Now I am not very good with words son, so listen carefully. I am very pleased with you,” he concluded with a smile and, much to the boy’s bewilderment, he gave him two affectionate slaps on the cheeks.

By bedtime Severus had sorted everything out. This word, ‘mudblood’, was not as bad as it seemed to be. Not only had it given him the Slytherins’ acceptance, but his own father’s as well. If that was how he was expected to act, then he would comply.

o-o-o

“Severus, Severus,” a worried male voice he knew well woke him up.

The sixteen year old teenager tried to open his heavy eye-lids. His back and leg throbbed painfully and he wondered for a second where he was until he realised his surroundings. He was at Hogwarts’ Hospital Wing and then he remembered the previous evening’s events. He, Potter, Lupin. Lupin was a werewolf! He jerked backwards, at the hand that touched him, covering his face with his hand.

“Severus, don’t worry son. It is I, your father,” the deep voice said soothingly.

He froze still as the cool hand of his father patted his forehead and head affectionately. No, it could not be! His father was never affectionate and he never cared of anyone.

“Father?” he asked groggily, “I…”

“I know, son, I know. I am so sorry,” the man soothed him; “I came the moment I read that owl’s letter. Oh Severus, I was so worried.”

Severus thought his heart would burst. His father was worried about him? That man of rock-hard heart was worried and left his business just to see him?

“What were you thinking?” the man scolded, “Don’t you ever take such a foolish action ever again, you hear me?”

“Father,” Severus interrupted groggily, “You shouldn’t have come. What about your businesses?” he asked, secretly enjoying the attention.

“There is not business of mine that can replace you Severus. I know after you mother died – I have never showed affection. I just… Weill I don’t know how to express my worries to you son. … Nothing, nothing is more important to me than you. I want you to know that.”

Severus felt the need to rub his left eye but controlled himself. He almost wanted to laugh with his father’s ranting.

“And when I though you with that werewolf…”

“Father, please stop,” Severus interrupted.

“No, no,” the man protested, “I realised how neglectful I was and I really hope one day you will forgive me son.”

Snape remained silent. Then he spoke.

“We could try father. What happened to the Gryffindors? Are they expelled?” he asked wanting to hear the Headmaster’s judgement.

“No.”

“What? But father, they played a prank that could have killed me! They should be expelled! I could have died!” he said hotly.

“Severus,” Quirinus said trying to calm down his son, “I believe the werewolf boy had no involvement in this. I believe he had no consciousness on what was happening.”

“No father! He…” Severus protested with a high-pitched voice, but to his surprise Quirinus said softly.

“I want to ask you to trust my judgement on that. It is better if this is kept a secret of the boy’s safety, okay?”

Severus pouted for a second and then asked coldly.

“And Potter and Black? Why aren’t they expelled? Black intended me to go out that night, father!”

“I know he did son and I assure you I was severe when talking with Dumbledore. But, he says that since Potter has saved you, there is no harm done. So, they got detention for the remaining of the school year.”

“No!” Severus shouted, “THEIR PRANK COULD HAVE KILLED ME! IT IS SO UNFAIR! IT IS SO UNFAIR!” he screamed and was muffled by a sob. “It is so unfair. If a Ravenclaw…” he started but he held his tongue. No, it could not be.

“What son? What if a Ravenclaw? I know what you are thinking Severus. The same thing I was thinking when I was your age. If a Ravenclaw was in the same position, the punishment would have been stricter. Isn’t that what you thought?” his father asked softly.

Severus stayed silent. Finally, he nodded in agreement.

“It has always been like that Severus. I tried to change it, I still do! The ministry in order to appear just to those ‘mudbloods’ it unjust us, and then blames us for their treatment,” Quirinus said in pain, “ I want to change things, but sometimes in order to make an omelette you need to break some eggs, if you understand what I mean.”

Severus understood his father perfectly. He remained silent for some minutes and when he, finally, spoke his voice was determined.

“I want you to allow me to help you father.

o-o-o

Snape walked into the dark manor in exhaustion. Four years had passed since that afternoon in the Hospital Wing, when his father had visited him. He was now, one of the Dark Lord’s followers, helping his father to succeed in their cause. Severus Snape had changed over the last four years. His features had become harsh; his hair hanged loose and dumb making him look like a dead man. His eyes were hollow. As a boy, he tried to hide emotions, but him irises would reflect his outmost feelings. Now they seemed empty, dark, like two endless pits. When one would see them, he would shudder without a second thought. Severus had also learnt how to become one with the shadows, he could sit at a position for hours and it seemed no one would pay attention to him after awhile. It was as if would become one with the chair he would sit on.

He had spent his day with one of the Dark Lord’s missions and he also heard Lucius’ worries. He heard the blond man rumble without uttering a single word. Yes, he had become an excellent listener. The young Mrs Malfoy had gave birth to the Malfoy heir, a small boy that looked like his father. Lucius was proving to be the kind of father that would spoil his child, non-stop, a father that cared deeply for his son’s welfare. And Lucius had also started to worry on whether he would remain alive to see his boy grow up. Snape listened, did not talk and let Lucius depart with the comfort that he had at least shared his worries with someone. How could he, Snape, have helped anyway?

He walked soundlessly into the house, wondering if his father was awake or whether he had fallen asleep. He walked towards the library, where his father usually waited for him. Yet, he stopped dead when he heard his father mentioning his name.

“Severus was not an easy case my friend, I can tell you that. Yes, he had possibilities but his mother was soft-hearted. So when she died, I destroyed all her portraits. Then all I had to do - ah I was astonished to see all that power coming out of him – was to set the gyres in motion. I destroyed his bedroom’s content and he defied me. And when a child defies the authority in his house, he can sure defy all kinds of authorities when he will grow up. Then I formed a new environment and I got in conduct with you. So Lucius and Severus met.”

Severus heard Abraxas Malfoy’s voice.

“Well, he gave to my son some spirit. Lucius always followed everything we said, he believed it was his duty to do so. But when the time came, Severus taught him all about spirit, even without being aware of it. By rushing to his aid, Lucius proved in his background that he indeed followed orders but he was no one’s lapdog.”

“Yes, and Severus had started taking positions because of Lucius’ aid. But I had to find a way to make him follow the Cause,” Quirinus spoke, “Severus is like his mother, hard-headed like a mule. He would not act if he felt that the Cause was not of his morals. And then, well that fool Dumbledore made a mistake. When Severus was confronted by that Gryffindor boy that turned to a werewolf, I rushed to the Hospital Wing to visit him. I told Severus all those idiotic sensitive stuff a parent is expected to say, things he did not expect to hear from my lips. I lured him to me. And then I broke the news that those Gryffindors would not get expelled. Dumbledore sent Severus to me by doing what he always did, by favouring the Gryffindors over a Slytherin student.”

“I must admit, I would ask the werewolf boy to be thrown out of Hogwarts if such was the case with my son,” Abraxas spoke and took a sip from his wine.

“Fools that wear their heart proudly on their sleeve would do so, Abraxas. I wanted to convince my son, not to get in bad terms with the werewolves that are, may I remind you, our Master’s supporters,” Quirinus smirked.

Severus felt sick in the stomach as he was hearing the conversation between the two men. A wave of nausea hit his throat, a sour taste spread in his mouth and he rushed to the nearest bathroom where he emptied his stomach’s contents. He sat on the floor panting from exhaustion, wishing he could cry and scream but he had not managed such an action for so long, he was sure he had forgot how to perform that. He walked into his bedroom and found the violin case. He cast a silencing charm on the room and started to play. Three hours later he had come to a decision.

o-o-o

Severus Snape felt trapped. He was trapped in his own dreams, having to watch his life all over again. All the dreadful mistakes appeared to him.

“IT IS NOT FAIR!” he shouted to the images, “MY LIFE WAS ARRANGED BY THAT MAN SINCE I WAS SEVEN.! HOW COULD HAVE I KNOW!” he shouted and suddenly, he started sobbing in desperation.

“It is not fair,” he stated to himself, “I wish to die.”

He heard a laugh of achievement and ridicule echo around him and suddenly he stood up in determination.

“No, I will not permit myself to die. I will not be defeated,” he gritted his teeth and to his surprise he received an answer.

“Don’t be ridiculous Severus,” Quirinus Snape spoke, “Do you believe that you will be able to redeem yourself? This is who you will always be. A Death Eater! It doesn’t matter how hard you try.”

“Or do you believe that you will manage to escape my wrath for having an alliance with Dumbledore?” two red eyes questioned, “No, please do die and spare yourself from the agony you will receive from my followers if you remain alive.”

“I will make sure you die a painful death,” Jackomo said, “I am all of his faithful followers. We will make you regret your betrayal.”

Snape looked at the red eyes, his father and Jackomo, all surrounding him. He moved forward, trying to break their coil but the figures followed him. He was trapped, he wanted to run away. And then he took a deep breadth and moved forward, the three of them restrained him and he pushed forward fighting, hitting harder and harder. He took a deep breadth, he felt like suffocating in their coil. And then, he saw a dot of light and he reached out to touch it. When his fingers grasped it, it became bigger, stronger and stronger.

o-o-o

Severus opened his eyes, flickering his eye-lids as he was annoyed by the strong morning sun. Then the horrible smell of the Hospital Wing hit his nostrils. He was at Hogwarts.

The End.
End Notes:

Okay end of chapter! I hope you like it. Please review.

Author Notes (Please read after you finish)

1. I know most of you are now thinking, ‘Eh ok, what’s the meaning of this chapter’. The chapter do has a purpose, except from satisfying my need. I planned it since the beginning of it as my Snape has many things to explain and tell but when I was trying to think of him telling them in action, he does not seem the talkative type. This chapter is my mean for you to know that. If the explanation still confuses you, I ask you to wait for next chapter, which is by the way the last chapter, to understand what I mean.

2. I am aware that Lucius is 6 years older that Snape, according to OotP. I did not know that during the time I planned the fanfic and, I am shy to admit, learnt it after finihing the chapter. Nevertheless, I couldn’t find another way to write this chapter down, and believe me I tried but all my ideas lead to a dead end. So again, I hide behind my AU shield. Sorry.



This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1087