Muggleville by Jan_AQ
Past Featured StorySummary: With a strange potion, new location and the odd Muggle Studies Professor along for the ride, Harry's in for an interesting summer, but why is Snape here? Dumbledore had better pray he gets all three back in one piece! Humor, Angst, No Mary Sues, No Romance, no real plot.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Original Character
Snape Flavour: Snape is Kind, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Child fic, Deaged!Harry, Deaging, Injured!Harry
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 32 Completed: No Word count: 163476 Read: 499484 Published: 15 Jan 2005 Updated: 17 Jul 2016
Not Another Plane Ride by Jan_AQ
Author's Notes:

So far: Harry was stuck, Dumbledore meddled, Hoppity agreed unknowingly, Snape was coerced, and now this odd family unit of three is on it's way to America to play Muggle for the summer.

Last chapter: Degaed Harry acted cute, Snape acted snarky, Hoppity bought Harry a plush dragon, and Snape poked around the Agent's mind to discover true intentions.

Yet to come: Two more chapters of settling in and shopping... thirty chapters of 'Occlumency' lessons, childhood problems, new friends, potions experiments, 'soccer' games, bullies, questions raised about Harry's last guardians and their treatment of him, Muggle snacks and toys, Doctor visits, parent/teacher conferences, a close call with bad guys, and a week back at Hogwarts during which... well you'll just have to wait and see. :)

By the time she returned, Harry was already out and waiting. His collar was slightly damp, letting her know that he at least attempted to wash his face. She was slightly surprised and pleased that he hadn't just gone in her bag and taken the dragon out by himself. That meant that he was a surprisingly well mannered little boy. She quickly picked up the white shopping bag and pulled the plush dragon out for him. She had said that he could have it as soon as he washed his hands and she would never go back on her word.

"Here you go, Harry!"

She was rewarded with a smile as the boy took in from her. "I can keep it?"

"Of course you can!" Hadn't she already said that she bought it for him?

Hoppity was startled when she heard Snape give off a disgruntled grunt nearby. She had forgotten that the sour man was around while she was enjoying Harry's happy expression.

"If you are done lavishing him with gifts and bribing the miscreant, I believe that it is time to go."

Harry gave off another adorable look, this time an annoyed one at Snape. True to form, the man ignored it.

"Yes, it's about time to go." The Agent said. "We're going to Gate B-12. We'll have to take the underground one more time." And with that, she briskly set off, leading them over to the down escalators and back to the train loading area.

As Hoppity pulled Harry along, the tired out boy struggled to keep up with the fast pace. They lagged a small distance behind the others and had to run the last few steps into the train so as not get left behind.

Snape sneered. "Having problems keeping up, Potter? Perhaps you should have left the dragon behind." Harry held his new plushy closer as he reached out for a metal pole. The train started up smoothly.

"Or you could always carry him." The Agent blandly stated.

Snape looked revolted at the mere idea. Harry looked horrified. He nearly lost his balance as the train turned a corner.

Hoppity felt compelled to break the distressed silence, but Snape beat her to it.

His disgusted expression changed into one of contempt. "Ah. Well even if either of us were so inclined, he is clearly too big to be carried. It would be cumbersome and only slow us down."

The Agent looked at him out of the corner of her eye and lifted an eyebrow derisively. "Ahmm." She said in her usual uncaring tone.

Hoppity looked down at Harry. He might be a little too big for her to carry comfortably, but Snape could manage it. She decided not to push it. The train stopped and they got off at "Loading Area B".

"Harry, let me carry that dragon for you. It will be easier to keep up that way." The little boy reluctantly handed her the plushy and she paced it back into its bag. They then chased after the retreating Agent and Snape. She felt like they were playing some odd game of Catch up with them. It was a blessedly short walk after that to Gate B-12.

The Agent said that they were already checked in, so Hoppity lead Harry to some empty seats facing the windows to wait. The Agent and Snape opted to sit nearer to the check in desk. She handed him the dragon again and he studied it. He noticed the tag on one ear and opened it. "What does this say?"

Hoppity leaned over to read it. "It says, 'Hello, my name is Rufus'. But I suppose that you can name him whatever you want. Or give him a nickname, like Roofy even."

The boy sounded it out. "Roofy." He turned to her, smiling. "I like it."

"Then Roofy it is!" She suddenly remembered something. "Oh, and watch this!" She reached over the curious boy's arm and firmly closed the dragon's snout, eliciting a roar.

Harry gave a half snort, half giggle, quite delighted. "It's funny that this one roars with his mouth closed." He said and closed the snout himself, making the dragon roar again. There was a smile on his face.

"Well that's Muggles for you." Hoppity said fondly. It felt wonderful to see Harry so delighted and know that it was because of something she did. She decided that she was going to try and get him to smile that way as many times as she could without spoiling him in the process.

They sat there for awhile watching the airplanes roll past. Soon, the boarding announcement was heard over the intercom.

"I suppose that's us." They wandered over to where Snape and the Agent were sitting.

"We should wait until most of the plane is seated." The agent said. She motioned to the empty seats next to her, and they sat down, Harry in between the Agent and Hoppity. He was still clinging on to his new dragon. She was so glad that she bought it for him now. They sat there watching the other passengers disappearing into the exit. When the crowd thinned out, Agent D stood up. "Let's go."

They got in line and the Agent was the one this time to give the flight attendant their tickets. They walked down a short ramp that only turned once or twice before approaching the entrance of the plane. This time, only two stewardesses and one steward were waiting to greet them. "Welcome to American Airlines." Hoppity smiled at them as they walked past.

The plane itself was a lot smaller than the one they had been on earlier. There were three seats on the left side and two seats on the right side. It also only had two sections, Hoppity could clearly see the back of the plane. The seats were a bluish-grey with multicolored stripes down the center. When the Agent motioned at two of their seats, Hoppity let Harry have the window seat this time and sat next to him. The Agent and Snape settled behind them. She had just tightened her safety belt when a woman with three children and lots of bags noisily bustled up the aisle and stopped in the empty seats across from them. The youngest was a toddler in the woman's arms, Hoppity thought that it was a girl, the oldest was a girl maybe 8 or 9 years old and the middle child was a boy who looked to be only slightly older than Harry.

"Now sit down, you two and behave! No fighting or I'll never take you anywhere with me again." Hoppity supposed that the woman was their mother. The girl immediately slipped in the window seat.

"I wanted the window seat!" The boy yelled.

The mother's voice was immediately heard to play go-between. "Stop that, right now! Your sister got there first. You can have it next time."

The boy pouted and bounced into the middle seat, trying to disturb the girl next to him as much as possible. The aisle seat remained empty. The aggravated mother moved to the row behind them which already had a passenger in it and sat down with the baby on the end seat.

The boy bounced up and down. "Is the propeller at the front of the airplane just a big fan to keep the pilot cool? Because if you were to make it stop, wouldn't the pilot start sweating?" The boy gave off a laugh and the girl gave him an irritated look.

"No one thinks your jokes are funny, Dennis."

The boy sat up. "Well you're wrong 'cause I'm someone and I think they're funny." He then pretended to laugh obnoxiously. "Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha."

The mother tried to place the toddler in the seat next to her but the child wouldn't let go of her. She finally managed to place it in a seat and it started to wail. Hoppity could feel a headache coming on. She could just imagine Snape's reaction... perhaps a muscle on his forehead was bulging. Haha. She managed to restrain the compulsion to turn around and see by looking at Harry instead. She was a little surprised that he was watching the little boy intently.

Just then the safety belt light flashed on and the blowing air sounds got noticeably louder. Flight attendants walked down the aisles and closed the over head compartments.

"Harry have you put your safety belt on yet?"

She looked down to see the little boy tightening it. "Just now." He said and turned to look out the window. She almost laughed she noticed his feet swinging again. It was still dark outside, so it was rather difficult to make out anything, especially with the inside lights reflecting off the plastic window.

Dennis' voice rang out again, "Hey, what does Geronimo say when he jumps out of the plane?" By his laughter and his sister's "Be Quiet!", Hoppity assumed that he had just told another joke. She had no idea why it would be funny. Maybe Geronimo was some sort of mute character and couldn't speak.

There was a crackle as the intercom turned on. "This is the Captain speaking. We'll be leaving as soon as we get clearance so just sit tight."

The two children across from her next engaged in some odd argument about whether Dennis was touching his sister.

"Don't touch me."

"I'm not touching you. You're imagining it."

"You're touching me!"

"No I'm not."

A pause, then "You're touching me again! Mom, tell him to stop touching me!"

The mother recited as if bored. "Dennis, stop touching your sister."

"But I wasn't touching her!"

The mother got up and somehow managed to coax her son to sit in the aisle seat, since it appeared that it would remain empty during the flight.

Hoppity did her best to not appear as if she was watching the family. She was starting to get worried that Harry would start acting like the children were. No, maybe it was just American children or this family in particular. She looked down at Harry, he was looking out the window and clutching his new dragon in his arms, his feet kicking out randomly. He was very quiet and well behaved in comparison. Maybe she was just lucky. Or fortunate. She doubted that Snape would tolerate badly behaved children. Oh, she hoped that the man would be able to control himself and not berate the noisy family next to them. The poor children would probably start to cry... and then the mother would get angry... she resolved then and there that if Snape began to do any such thing that she would have no choice but to jump in and save them.

The plane started to slightly roll backwards and flight attendants moved to the middle of the aisle. A woman's voice came over the speakers, "Welcome to American Airlines. Please fasten your safety belts by placing the flat part in the buckle until it clicks. In cases of emergency, everyone is to stay seated with their seatbelts on. If the overhead compartments above the seats open, take the yellow masks and place them securely over the face..." The standing flight attendants showed how to buckle a safety belt and how to place the masks on with similar objects. They then pointed to all the nearest exits while the woman's voice narrated their motions. After they demonstrated the correct way to hold on to a floating pillow, the flight attendants walked down the aisle and checked everyone's safety belts.

When a steward reached Dennis' row, he was met with a little resistance.

"Why do I have to wear this thing if plane crashes kill everyone on the plane anyway?"

The flight attendant had a look of bewilderment on his face before answering. "This plane is not going to crash. Safety belts are just a precaution."

Behind her, Hoppity could hear Snape angrily muttering to the Agent about never getting on another Muggle death trap ever again.

Dennis looked as if he was going to argue some more.

"If you don't wear it then you won't be allowed to stay on the airplane."

The girl leaned over to her brother and grinned evilly. "What if a door opens during the flight? You don't want to be sucked out of the plane, do you?"

His eyes opened wide, Dennis quickly put on his seatbelt and tightened it.

"That's a good kid." The steward patted him on the head. "That would never happen by the way. And if it did, someone would probably grab you by the leg before you blew out."

The flight attendant moved on. Hoppity heard Snape behind her again, this time muttering about obliviating the whole experience as soon as he could. She looked down to see how Harry was doing. He had an odd look on his face.

"Don't worry, Harry. The man said that it would never happen. And if it ever did, you could always levitate yourself to the ground."

The little boy nodded, looking a little relieved. He turned back to watching out the window as the plane slowly rolled along.

The take off was just like the last flight, if a little louder. When Harry started to rub his ears this time, she was prepared.

"Harry, I bought some jelly beans. Would you like to try some?" She asked, taking the package out of the white shop bag from beneath her seat.

He had a small smile. "Sure."

She opened the bag and held it out. He took a small handful and she was astounded when he picked up yellow brown speckled one and popped it into his mouth. Hoppity didn't know any pleasant flavours with that colouration. He's a lot braver than I thought he was. Either that or he has strange tastes. She waited for the disgusted look that was sure to follow.

Harry turned to her and shocked her by smiling. "That was banana." He leaned over and motioned her closer. Whispering conspiratorially into her ear he said, "Muggle jelly beans all taste good."

She looked down at his largely amused eyes. "They do?" Feeling very brave, she picked out an ugly brown one and promptly ate it. Mmm... At Harry's questioning gaze she answered "Carmel, I think."

They sat there for a few minutes just trying jelly beans. They mostly tasted fruitish, but didn't taste nearly as good as Bertie Bott's. She supposed that it was a tradeoff for skipping all the bad flavours.

Harry ate a white and yellow one and made a face.

"I thought you said that they all tasted good."

"Yeah, but this one tastes like bad butter."

She barely stifled her laugh. "Better bad butter than baby snot. That's what I would have guessed it was if these were Bott's."

Harry made another face but nodded. He picked out one last red bean ("Cinnamon.") before settling away from the bag. Hoppity took this to mean that he didn't want any more. Putting the beans away, she noticed that the boy across the aisle was now playing on what looked like some odd flat toy in his hands, and had some sort of candy sticking out of his mouth. Odd beeping sounds were coming from the toy. She could still hear the baby behind them whimpering.

Dennis made a disgusted moan and flung himself back into his seat. "He killed me again!" The little boy twisted in his seat to peer back at his mother. "Hey, do you think that they'll let me go up front and watch the pilot?"

"I don't know. Ask a flight attendant."

Dennis undid his safety belt, then stood up in his seat to press the orange call sign above his head. A minute later, the same steward as before came down the aisle.

"Do you need anything?"

"Umm… do you think that I can watch the pilot?"

"Let me go up and ask, okay?"

Dennis nodded with a grin and the flight attendant disappeared up the aisle.

"Hey, I want to go up too!" His sister said.

The mother stood up and leaned over the back of their seats. "You'll have to ask, and if they let you don't push or touch anything unless they say you can, okay?"

There was a chorus of low "Yeah's" and the mother sat back down. Several minutes later, the flight attendant returned.

"Okay. He says you can come up."

The girl perked up. "Can I come to?"

"Sure."

Hoppity looked down at Harry. Once again, he was watching the scene enraptured.

"Would you like to go too Harry?"

He appeared a little startled to be asked. The flight attendant must have heard her question because as he turned to let the other children out into the aisle, he looked at Harry. "Would you like to come along?" He asked and then glanced at Hoppity as if seeking permission. She smiled and he glanced back at Harry.

"I don't want to be sucked out a door."

The flight attendant gave out a harsh snort of a laugh. "Ha!" He held on to the seat for balance and tried to compose himself. "Oh, I'm sorry." He said, wiping his eyes. "You won't get sucked out a door."

"Yeah." Dennis spoke up nearby, jumping up and down. "My sister was just being stupid before." He was promptly hit by said sister. "Ow."

Harry looked embarrassed at his earlier statement. He slipped off his safety belt and stood up. "Okay, let's go!"

Hoppity sat up and pulled her knees in so that Harry could get past. "Have fun!"

The three children excitedly ran up the aisle followed by the flight attendant. The last thing heard was another joke from Dennis, "Would you ever need an ejector seat on a helicopter? How would it work?" and an unexpected answer from Harry, "I reckon that it just throws them through the sides or the bottom…"

The baby finally settled down and the passengers left enjoyed a long moment of quiet. There were murmured comments like "Finally" and "About time" through out the section.

Hoppity leaned back in her seat and rested.

The children came back a blessedly long time later, Dennis's high voice heralded their return.

"I'm going to be a pilot when I grow up. Or one of those walkie talkie guys. Or maybe even be a test pilot and just test out all the buttons all day."

"That's dumb." His sister said. "I'd make a better pilot than you anyway. You'd probably crash the plane."

"No I wouldn't."

The children came into view, the older girl in front, then Dennis, trailed by a head shorter Harry. The flight attendant followed them up. "Okay kids. Settle down now, here are your seats."

The girl ignored the steward, slid into their row and continued their argument. "Yes you would, you're always crashing in Fighter Pilot." As if on cue to a fight, the baby started crying again.

"No that was you! Hey, Harry come sit next to me!"

"Erm, are we allowed to switch seats like that?"

"Of course we are!"

Harry quickly glanced at Hoppity and she tried to put the most encouraging face on that she could muster while in the presence of a wailing toddler.

"Well okay." The little boy slipped in the row and sat next to Dennis.

"If someone held a fancy dress party on an airplane, would they call it a flight of fancy?" Harry just smiled as Dennis choked up in laughter. "Hey Harry, do you have a Game Station Module?"

"A what?"

"One of these?" Dennis reached into a bag under his seat and pulled out the game he had been playing earlier.

"Uh, no. Sorry."

"That's okay." He turned to address his sister. "Lydia, give me yours so I can play against Harry."

"No way!"

"Gimme it! It's not like your using it!"

"No!"

Suddenly, Hoppity felt a movement behind her. She could hear the Agent quietly speaking. "The plane trip is almost over. Please just sit down Sir." Hoppity craned her neck to see Snape stepping over the Agent and ignoring the low pleads. Her worst fear that Snape had run out of patience had just occurred. He stopped in the aisle and towered over the mother. His tone was irate and highly annoyed.

"Kindly quiet your children or I will find a more permanent solution." Amazingly, his harsh voice was heard over the wailing toddler and the fighting children.

Hoppity undid her safety belt and turned around in her seat. Oh no, oh no! What should she do? If anyone did magic then they would have to obliviate the entire plane and she wasn't any good at obliviating spells! Plus, someone would notice their use of magic! Oh no, oh no...

"Is that a threat?!" The mother stood up and matched Snape's glare. The children immediately quieted down, but the toddler only screamed harder.

Ah! I should have done something sooner! But really, what could she have done?

By this time, all the children, including Harry, had turned around and were peering behind their seat back cushions. The flight attendant ran back down the aisle to play interference.

"Is something wrong here? Sir?"

"This woman cannot keep her infantile brats quiet. Her children are proliferating irritants and have been the entire flight!" Snape spat out.

"Sir, I can find you another seat if you wish." The steward interceded bravely.

Snape narrowed his eyes at the mother, before curtly turning to the flight attendant. "Very well."

"Ah, right this way." The steward was visibly relieved that Snape had given in so easily, but was obviously still nervous as the glowering man stalked after him up the aisle. The tension in the area noticeably relaxed as soon as Snape left the area.

The mother made several rude remarks as soon as Snape was out of hearing range.

The rest of the ride was much more peaceful. The children had quieted down immensely and played congenially with silent toys. Even the toddler had calmed down, crying again only when the plane started to land.

When the plane finally stopped on the ground and the safety belts turned off, Harry waved goodbye to Dennis and his sister and joined Hoppity and Agent D in the crowd moving up the aisle. The noisy family seemed content to wait until the plane nearly emptied because they stayed in their seats. Either that or they wanted to avoid Snape. Hoppity wished that she could do the same.

Snape had apparently forgotten his case in his haste to escape the 'brats' and Agent D now carried it with both hands. They found Snape waiting in a row near the front of the plane. The seats here were twice as big as the ones that they had been designated. Snape seemed to be in a much more agreeable mood until he caught sight of Harry. His face turned into a grimace when he noticed the little boy.

"What took you so long?" He growled out at them, and took his case from the Agent.

"There was no way we could have got here faster than we did." Hoppity admonished.

"No matter. We shall exit now." Snape cut in line and joined the mass shuffling out of the exit. As soon as they reached the ramp, he strode ahead, passing several people. Hoppity hurried to catch up, pulling Harry along.

She felt bad for dodging past slower people but managed to get off semi polite 'Excuse us' and 'I'm sorry's'.

When they finally got into the open area, the Agent took the lead and guided them more sedately through the small airport. They walked through several sections, corridors and down an escalator before finally ending up in a very large hall. The Agent led them to a side desk where a sign overhead read 'Car Rentals' and stopped at the empty desk to wait.

Snape was snide. "What business could we possibly need here?"

"Your destination is some ways away." The Agent said as monotonous as usual.

"I thought that that was the reason for a second flight!" Snape had an incredulous look on his face which Hoppity found quite funny. She would have laughed except she feared his retribution later. Since she didn't know if this Agent was Wizard or Muggle, or even knew that they were Wizards, she decided to help explain before things got sticky.

"Severus, airplanes are only for long distances. Automobiles are used for everything else."

Snape pointed an accusing finger at Hoppity. "I suppose that this is your grandfather's idea of fun. Are we to test every single Muggle transportation device now?"

"Please, he's my great Uncle. And no. I'm sure that he's not doing this at your expense. Automobiles are the only way to travel locally."

The Agent blandly commented. "You could always walk the twenty or so miles."

"Please no!" Harry bawled out desperately. Hoppity secretly shared his sentiments. She would not be able to walk another one mile, let alone twenty after this long day.

A middle aged portly woman approached them from the other side of the desk. "Hello, welcome to our car rentals. How may I help you?"

The agent wordlessly handed over some papers and ID, which the woman looked over briefly. "We've been expecting you. Okay, I'll be right back." She took the items and disappeared behind a back door.

Snape fumed silently. Harry sagged tiredly against a pole. The Agent looked as she always did- bland and Hoppity was just ready to get settled in the place where they were going to stay. They waited for a few minutes for the Rental woman to come back. When she did, it was with several forms and a set of keys. The Agent took the forms and started to fill them out with a pen that seemingly came out of nowhere.

"Jimmy's bringing your specified car over now, it should be waiting outside that door when you go out. It's a black Sedan."

The Agent finished with the forms and passed them back. "Thank you."

"Thank you for choosing our car rental. Enjoy your trip!" The chipper woman answered brightly back. Hoppity could hear Snape grinding his teeth next to her. She was quite tired of those similar phrases too.

Agent D took the car keys and led them out through the doors and to the awaiting black car. It was of a medium small size and when the young driver saw them approach, he got out of the car and held the door open. The car looked funny somehow.

Hoppity was several feet away behind their group and pulling a half asleep Harry along. She was tempted to just pick him up, he was small enough to carry for ten feet, so she did.

He was quite startled when she bent down and scooped him up. "Wha-"

"Shh." He was heavy but not overly so if carried in the right way. She stomped over and dropped him at the back door, before opening it. "Hop on in Harry." The Agent had already settled in and Snape was just starting to slip through the front door on the other side. As Hoppity slid into the car right after Harry, she finally figured out why the car looked so strange. The steering wheel was on the wrong side!

She closed the door behind her and the Agent pulled away from the side.

"Seatbelts, please." She said blandly. There were a few moments of confusion while they tried to figure out how the belts worked and where each buckle went. Hoppity tried two different buckles before figuring out which one was the right one, and which way the buckle faced. The Agent fiddled with something in front and cool air started to come front the vents.

"What are you doing?" Snape asked.

"Turning on the air conditioning. If it bothers you then close the vents on your side."

Snape did no such thing but studied the control panel buttons intently and watched the Agent drive. Hoppity looked outside the car window. The roads that they traveled were very wide with plenty of room for even the largest of automobiles to navigate comfortably.

"We have managed to find a furnished home for you to stay in." The Agent said. "It has three bedrooms, 3 and a half baths and all the other necessary rooms including a den beneath the house. Should you need anything, credit cards will be allotted to you for purchases. The limit should be adequate as long as you don't decide to buy a luxury boat or a new car. A vehicle is available for your transportation."

Hoppity glanced over at Harry. He had fallen fast asleep. All for the better, she supposed.

The Agent continued, "Ma'am, a secretary job for you has been set up at the Little Ridge Elementary school."

"What's that?"

"A public school for children aged 5 to 11." Hoppity did not miss Snape's almost hopeful expression.

"Public school? Isn't that a bit young?"

"We were informed that the child was six years old."

"Yes he is, but I thought that Harry was going to live at the house."

The Agent gave her a funny look through the front mirror. "He is." Snape's scowled then resumed studying the Agent's driving.

"But you just said that he was going to a public school."

The Agent took a moment of silence. "Public schools are the usual local schools that all children are able to go to. Children start in the morning, have lunch there, leave the school in the early afternoon and go home to eat and sleep. The schools are funded by taxes."

"Oh. You mean state school."

"If that is what you would better understand it by, then yes." Hoppity nodded. "Now as I was saying before, a secretary job has been acquired for you to be near the child during school hours. You both start Monday. You should try to come up with shared anecdotes to tell the neighbors. Are there any questions?"

"How will we find our way around?"

"A map will be provided with the major places highlighted. Are there any other questions?" She was met with silence. "Good. We should arrive in about 20 minutes."

The rest of the car ride was spent quietly. The Agent finally entered a suburban town and wandered through streets full of medium sized houses oddly in all different shapes and sizes. All of the homes had large patches on grass in front of them as a sort of front garden and some had concrete pavement lined next to the road. It was odd that the pavement allowed room for a strip of grass in between it and the road.

"Here we are." The Agent said as she pulled up in the driveway of a red brick house with a large rectangular shaped silver automobile in front. The driveway was on the right side of the house. A couple of bricked steps lead up to the front door and low bushes were planted along the front of the house under a wide front window. A large brass number next to the front door read 402, another odd occurrence as Hoppity had never seen a house number above 100 before.

Hoppity took a deep breath and unbuckled her seatbelt. This was the place that she would be calling home until the Hogwarts' school year started.

To be continued...
End Notes:

Job Mistakes

I apologize if anyone is a pilot, steward, stewardess, frequent flyer, works at an airport, is a special agent or actually works in the Department of International Wizarding Relations in America, is a waiter or waitress, a professional home designer or architect and notices all my obvious mistakes and inconsistencies.

A/N: I know that Hoppitty can carry Harry for short distances. to test it, I picked up a white bucket full of 45 lbs worth of flour and walked 20 ft out and then 20 ft back and placed it down. Now, children are actually easier to carry than large buckets because their weight is spread out and they also can hold on. :) Also, in this chapter Harry is really tired and probably feeling poorly so he is acting quite young and trusting. He can read and do such things by himself but it gives him a headache so he might not wish to all the time.



This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=11