Harry Potter and the Ferratilis Potion by Arualcopia
Past Featured StorySummary: At the Dursleys the summer after Sirius' death, Voldemort sends werewolves to attack Harry. Taken to Grimmauld Place by his rescuer, Severus Snape, Harry devises a disastrous plan to rescue Sirius from the veil, resulting in his being transfigured into a baby. Snape is the only one who can brew the potion to restore him, and is the only one to realize that Harry still retains his 16 year-old-mind. Over the summer and the first two potions which restore him to age eleven, Harry begins to feel that Snape is the only one who understands and can protect him. Is he right or has his deaging muddled his thinking? AU story for 6th year.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Neville, Original Character, Other, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Baby fic, Child fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 26 Completed: No Word count: 156772 Read: 173696 Published: 15 May 2006 Updated: 14 Nov 2007
Department of Mysteries by Arualcopia

Back in drawing room Harry started pulling the remaining books off the shelf. "The is stupid," he said, "I don't see anything on the veil."

"Of course you wouldn't," he answered himself back. "I'm sure Dumbledore and Snape have hidden them from you!"

Angry, Harry stormed out of the room. He crossed the hall into the nearest bedroom. He looked under the bed, pulled all the blankets off and cut open the pillows. He searched through all of the closets pulling out any and all contents. Finding nothing he moved on to the next room. He moved on the next room, and tore through it in a similar fashion. And then he continued to the next room and then the next. He made sure to leave nothing uncovered.

On the second floor Harry discovered a door that was warded shut. Smiling to himself Harry was excited to break his way in.

"Alohomora" he shouted waving his wand. Nothing happened- the door wouldn't budge. He threw his body against the door and still it wouldn't open. "Open up," he cried out, leaning against the door he slid to the ground. He knew the answer was behind this door, he had to find a way in. "Why won't you open," tears started washing down his cheeks.

But suddenly he got and idea. He stood up and laughed with the tears still streaming down his cheeks. Sprinting down to the entrance hall he grabbed the umbrella stand and ran back up to the room. Swinging it like an ax Harry pummeled the door with all his strength. At first the blows made little more than a dent, but over time bits of wood started to splinter. Harry didn't give in to the pain forming in his arms; he just beat away at the door until he created a hole big enough to slip through.

Tossing the umbrella stand aside Harry maneuvered his way into the room. His robe caught and caused a large rip. But Harry didn't pay any attention; he had gotten into the room.

It was apart to Harry that he had found Snape's room. A potion was brewing next to a large table covered in random potion ingredients and several open books. The rest of the room was spotless. The bed was made and only a large trunk sat at the foot of it. First Harry looked through the items on the table, smashing bottles and spilling things everywhere. He thumbed through the books, but found nothing. Next he tried to open Snape's trunk, but it too was warded, he didn't think he would ever be able to get in it. Giving up he tore apart Snape's bed and then searched through the bathroom.

"There's nothing here!" he shouted angrily. He fell backwards onto Snape's bed. "What am I going to do? Sirius is going to be so angry." Memories of the dream flashed back into his mind. He pictured Sirius' sneering face as he stepped out of the veil.

Gasping he bolted upright. "You've know all along!" he declared.

Climbing through the door again he scratched himself this time, but paid no attention to the pain. He had one thought in his mind, he had to get to the Department of Mysteries.

Running to his room rummaged through his trunk until he found the invisibility cloak and his broom. Harry opened the window and flung the invisibility cloak over his shoulders. The window wasn't quite big enough for him to climb out easily, so first held the broom out the window. Then he flung his body out and as he fell to the ground he had to maneuver the broom under him. A short distance from the ground he was properly mounted and pulled his broom towards the sky. Up in amongst the clouds he adjusted the cloak so as to cover his body and the broom entirely.

After a while he realized he had to figure out what direction to fly. Looking down to the streets below, he shifted his body to the right. It didn't take long to reach the Ministry of Magic Headquarters.

He landed softly in the grass away from pedestrians. It was the middle of the day now and Harry found it hard to weave his way the people. Reaching the battered old telephone booth he walked in and shut the door. Harry set his broom aside and dialed six two four four two.

"Welcome to the Ministry of Magic. Please state your name and business," a man's voice asked politely.

"Neville Longbottom and I'm lost," that was the best lie Harry could think off.

"Thank you," replied the man's voice calmly. "Please take the badge and attach it to the front of your robe." Harry scooped up his badge from the coin return. It read, 'Neville Longbottom, Floo Network Authority.' Harry stuck it to his inner robe, but remained hidden inside his invisibility cloak. He felt the booth descended quickly and smoothed to a halt at the atrium.

"The Ministry of Magic wishes you a pleasant afternoon," said the man's voice as Harry exited the lift.

Harry was surprised to see how different the Atrium looked during the day. Many wizards rushed about. Wizards flooed in on the left and then departed on the right. They were so quick, Harry now understood why there were separate sides for coming and going.

Reaching the golden gates, Harry contemplated waiting in line to have his wand registered. But then he figured under his invisibility cloak he could just sneak past security. Harry recognized the security guard on duty by his badly shaven face and peacock blue robes. But Eric Munch looked thoroughly distracted out due to the high amount of people present. To be safe, he passed under the gates at exactly the same time as a rather large man dressed in red robes.

"Mr. Latus, please could you step over here," Eric Munch asked politely. As two more security wizards appeared out of nowhere. Harry paused momentarily as he watched the fat man being led to an antechamber, he felt a bit sorry for the man. But then Harry turned and continued to the lift. Several other wizards climbed in with him so he had to make himself as skinny as possible in the back corner. He waited till the others all got to their destinations and once alone he pressed the button for level nine.

Stepping out of the lift Harry remembered exactly how to get to the veil. He didn't see any guards, but then remembered one might be hiding under an invisibility cloak like he was. So he walked quietly over to the nearest corner and waited for any hint of the guard. Harry was about to give up and continue on to the veil, but the lift doors opened up and two guards stepped out.

"Jo, have you seen anyone?" asked a tall skinny man. He didn't look much older than Harry did. The shorter guard looked a little bit older, but his eyes darted around the room as if expecting a death eater to leap out an attack him.

"No, I haven't seen anyone," replied Jo from somewhere across the room. She sounded more confident than the others did.

"But I thought that someone got off here," the tall man spoke quickly, as if afraid he would get reprimanded. "I-"

"Hush," Jo commanded, "He's under an invisibility cloak, try to find him."

Both men looked absolutely terrified, but they stretched out their arms and felt the air. Meanwhile Jo remained concealed as well, obviously she was waited for Harry to be discovered so that she could attack. Harry felt sorry for the other men, in a way they were just bait.

"What do we do when we find him?" muttered the shorter man.

The taller man brushed a hand across Harry's robe and grasped the light fabric.

"Arrest him," answered Jo before Harry was revealed.

"Stupefy," Harry yelled as he pointed his wand in the direction of the woman's voice. A red bolt of light was hurled across the room. He knew he hit his target because he heard a body thud and some feet appeared out of nowhere.

"He's just a boy," said the shorter man as the other pulled off Harry's invisibility cloak.

Harry turned his wand towards the short man and said, "Petrificus totalus." The man's body became rigid and fell backwards.

"Expelliarmus," shouted the taller man. Harry felt his wand leap out of his hand. But he didn't need his wand. He lunged at the man and knocked him over. Running to the plan black door at then end of the corridor he slipped into the room before the man could curse him.

He was back in the familiar the dark circular room filled with a dozen other doors. The room became black save the blue flames along the walls. He closed his eyes as the room spun around. He knew it was no point to watch he could pick out the correct door later, he knew it. But this time, the spinning room made his feet unbalanced and he fell to the floor.

He stood up quickly, he knew the guard would be following behind. But when he got up, he didn't know which direction he was facing. He had no way to tell which direction was forward and which was back. "Oh crap, what do I do now?" Harry moaned.

"Oh just try a few doors," he answered, "you'll know the right way when you see it."

Harry walked over and pushed the cool door open with his left hand while holding his wand ready in his right. Although Harry knew he hadn't seen this hall the last time he was here, he recognized it instantly. A long corridor stretched before him, with identical white doors. A part of Harry knew that this was the wrong way, it wasn't they way he'd gone before. But the other part egged him on, it was just like his dream and in his dream he got Sirius back.

A door across the circular room opened "Wait boy, you don't-" the man shouted, but Harry ignored him and stepped out into the hallway.

When Harry closed the door he found himself completely out of sorts. The door behind him now extended into a long hallway and in the other direction Harry could see no end. Scared, he tried to open a few of the doors, but they all lead into another identical hallway.

"You've done this before," he reminded himself.

"Right," he said. "The door is at the end of the hall, I will find it eventually." Harry turned and started sprinting down the hall. He didn't know how long he was running; but he was breathing hard now. Surely it didn't take this long before; he was beginning to think he'd never see the end. But as he did, he ran straight into the wall falling backwards on his butt. "It's exactly the same," Harry exclaimed, adjusting his glasses as he stood. He reached out to twist the doorknob, but was surprised to see that the door didn't have a sign reading 'mysterious veil.' He didn't see a sign at all; in fact he wasn't sure he was even looking at a door.

He tried to pull his hand away from it. But something had latched onto his wrist. He attempted to twist away, but as he did more things lashed out at him until he was pinned to the wall. Harry let his legs relax below him, but his body didn't fall. He felt his life begin to suck out of him, much like with the dementors, but this was worse, much worse. Even though his mind was filled will fear and desperation, he heard a dark cackling laughter escape his lips.

xxxxx

Harry didn’t know how long he was there. He felt his body slip down the wall. All of his energy was drained from his body, making him seem smaller somehow. Fighting to keep his eyes open he watched footsteps approach him. A woman in long deep blue robes walked towards him. She had her wand raised and was saying some series of enchantments, but Harry couldn't make out the words.

"The Aurum Duco Pendant," she exclaimed. "I wonder…" but her voice trailed off. After securing a glove on her hand she slipped the pendant off of Harry's head.

No! he though, and tried to grab it from her. As it was lifted over his head Harry felt a heavy weight lift from his mind.

Jo didn't pay any attention to him. She sat the pendant down on the ground a few feet away and enchanted some spell. A thin clear pouch surrounded the pendant, picking it up, Jo handed the pouch over to the short man. "Brevis, gather up all of his belongings."

"Yes ma'am," he answered.

Jo turned back to Harry and started wrapping his cloak around his shoulders. Why is my cloak so big? he thought. She made the cloak so tight that he couldn't move his arms or legs. But he found that he didn't really mind it, he felt more secure that way. She scooped him up and started carrying him out of the room. He was surprised to see all the clocks. Suddenly he realized where he was, but then thought, how did I get into the time room?

Handing Harry over to the tall man, Jo said, "Will, take baby Neville to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Tell them he just tried breaking into the Department of Mysteries. Brevis will be there shortly to turn in all his belongings."

Harry's heart sank; he was now beginning to realize the gravity of the situation. He didn't know why, but for some reason his whole body fit easily into the Will's arms. And now he was being carted off to the Aurors for trespassing. But that was actually the least of his worries. He remembered Snape now, falling to his knees- what had become of Snape?

"Don't you think the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes would be better?" Will suggested.

"There's nothing they can do for him," Jo plainly explained.

xxxxx

Will carried Harry all the way to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. There he handed Harry over to some clerk that reminded him of Aunt Marge. She wore pastel robes covered in a floral pattern. Her face was covered in a thick layer of makeup. After Will filled out some forms, he left. The witch put Harry down next to some other files and boxes like he was a random confiscated item. He didn't know what to do, so he just sat there wrapped up in his robe.

Baby Neville, he remembered. Surely by now they figured out he was Harry, with the scar after all. But then he pondered the 'baby' comment. What did they mean baby, he knew he was smaller, but a baby.

Later Brevis came by to drop off Harry's things. The witch put down the box of belongs next to Harry. Harry recognized his wand sticking out of the box. He wanted to get it, so he started wiggling. The robe swaddled him tightly, but as he moved it became loose. First his right hand broke free, wiggling some more he got his left hand free and then he freed his feet. He tried to stand up, but his shirt was too long and he tripped over it. He struggled to crawl forward; the wand was so close. But he was hopelessly tangled in his shirt.

"I'm here for the baby," commanded a voice that made Harry freeze. Harry looked up towards the man and saw Snape's face glaring back. He looked beyond livid, murderous in fact.

"First he needs to be processed and then of course a formal investigation will follow," the woman drawled on. That sounded good to Harry, whatever kept Snape at bay. He felt fine right where he was.

"Look," Snape said, "He's a student of mine-"

"So where's Neville?" squealed an approaching woman. Judging by the green robes, fox fur scarf, the hat with a stuffed vulture and the tacky red handbag, Harry knew exactly who the woman was, Neville's gran. "I let him go to Diagon Alley on his own and he goes and gets himself lost."

"I'm sorry ma'am," the witch behind the desk explained, "Neville is going to have to stay here until he's processed and the ministry has decided what do to with him."

Snape tried to speak, but Augusta Longbottom cut him off, "He most certainly is not. Neville is a minor under my care, therefore he is coming with me." The clerk looked as though she didn't know what to say. Harry could see why Neville was afraid of crossing his grandmother. Just then Augusta caught a glance at Harry, "What, who is that," she stammered.

"Your grandson," the witch piped in, "He broke into the Department of Mysteries and turned himself into a baby."

"But that looks nothing like Neville," she said.

"It's not Neville," Snape explained.

"Really," said the witch in a snotty voice. "Then why does he have a name badge that reads Neville Longbottom?"

"Perhaps the child lied," Snape said, glaring at the witch as if she were nothing more than a hindrance.

"Would- whatever happened to him- would it cause Neville to look different?" asked Augusta ignoring Snape completely.

"Well it made him a baby," the witch suggested.

Snape rolled his eyes and gritting his teeth, he said, "That is not Neville Longbottom." He looked ready to leap over the counter, snatch Harry up and run away.

"Well then, who is he?" the witch shot back.

"A student of mine," Snape said, but he looked like he was failing to come up with a random name.

"Can I be of assistance?" asked Kingsley Shacklebolt, Harry knew the man instantly. Kingsley glanced at Harry momentarily, but Harry couldn't tell if the man recognized him.

"Yes sir," the witch spoke quickly. "They say that they want to take the baby, but he's a suspect. He just broke in to the Department of Mystery, attacking a couple guards in the process." She stopped speaking in order to gasp in a breath, but before she could continue, Kingsley held up his hand to silence her.

"I've read the briefing," he clarified.

"I just want my grandson back," Augusta interjected.

"That's not Neville Longbottom," Snape replied.

"Then who is it?" the witch argued back.

"Ronald Weasley," Snape said.

"Oh ye-"

"That's enough," Kingsley said to the witch as he picked up Harry. "I will take care to see that Ronald is brought back to his father. Arthur Weasley will be able to supply the boy when he's needed." He sat Harry down on the counter while he signed some release papers. Harry clung to his arm in case Snape found it convenient to snatch him away. He knew Snape was going to kill him, the professor looked angrier than Harry had ever seen before.

"Harry," a voice behind Snape gasped. Arthur Weasley had walked up behind the group.

"That's not Harry," Snape snapped.

"Right…" Arthur said looking at Snape for some sort of silent explanation. He looked at Augusta and then back at Snape. "That's um, Neville… Neville Longbottom."

"See, he doesn't even recognize his own son," blurted out the witch.

"Oh right," Arthur said, scooping up Harry and holding him on his hip. "Didn't recognize you son. But of course," Arthur began rustling the hair on Harry's head, "you're hair didn't turn red till you were a bit older. So Ron, he must of made a mistake again, in his potion lesson… You see Severus has been tutoring my son, in potions. Ron's had a hard time with potions. Really good of you Severus; to tutor him and Harry over the summer. See that's why I got confused at first- "A look from Snape told Arthur to shut up.

"You're free to go Arthur," Kingsley said as he put down the quill. "Severus can explain the situation while I get everything settled in the office. Here you can have his personal affects as well."

"But that's evidence," the clerk whined.

Snape carried Harry's box while Arthur carried him. They both walked away to the lifts.

Once they were alone, Arthur asked, "Can you tell me what's going on?"

"Not here," Snape answered.

"Would you like to take… er, my son back to his lesson," Arthur was trying to pass Harry over to Snape, but Harry clung tightly. "I'm sure you have an antidote."

"No I don't have an antidote," Snape replied coolly.

"But you can make one?" Arthur asked.

"I don't know," Snape replied.

Whether he realized it or not, Arthur had started patting Harry on the back. It was amazingly calming and Harry found it hard to stay awake. They reached the Atrium and walked quietly over to the floo.

xxxxx

When Harry woke up he was a little disoriented. Looking around he realized he was lying on a cushy pad on the table in the basement of Number Twelve Grimmauld Place. It looked like Order members were gathering for a meeting, but hadn't begun yet.

Harry started to shiver, he felt really cold. Someone lifted him up by then ankles. What were they doing? he thought. He looked up and saw Molly Weasley standing over him. She let his feet go and was securing something around his waist.

"There you go dear, a self cleaning diaper," Molly chimed, "really one of the best advances in wizardry." She continued to say more, but Harry had heard enough. Horrified he struggled to get free; he had been naked in the middle of the room. Molly was too strong for him though, and was now putting some little outfit on him. "Calm down dear, you'll be done in no time."

'Let me go!' he tried to shout. But all that came out of his mouth was some garbled baby noises. Molly shoved Harry into a pastel blue body suit complete with little booties and then set him on the floor. He crawled away quickly and hid under the table.

"Poor baby," he heard Molly say. "He's afraid of me, doesn't know who I am."

"Where's Harry," he heard Dumbledore ask as he stepped out of the floo.

"Under the table," Arthur informed.

Harry saw Dumbledore stoop to look under the table. He reached out to pick up the baby, but Harry backed away. Escaping Dumbledore's reach, Harry felt pleased with himself until Arthur picked him up from behind. He was about to throw a fuss, but realized he was dangerously close to Snape. Arthur walked Harry over to Mrs. Weasley and tried to hand Harry back.

"No," he said, finding a word that he could speak.

"Oh look, he likes you Arthur," Molly said patting Harry on the head.

Arthur sat down at the table opposite Snape. Dumbledore sat to his right and Molly to his left. Kingsley Shacklebolt, Professor McGonagall, and the woman Harry recognized as Jo ended their discussion and sat down as well.

Dumbledore spoke first, "How did this happen." He was looking towards Snape for an explanation, as if Snape were a boy.

Snape looked furious, but spoke in a controlled manner. "Potter attacked me, threw old cauldrons at me till one shattered. The potion was quite toxic and effected me quickly. Had I not managed to crawl over to my bag and retrieve the potion, Harry would be a murderer." Everyone stared at Harry; he was so ashamed that he buried his head under Arthur's arm.

"I'm sure Harry didn't intend to murder you, he-," Dumbledore replied.

Snape cut Dumbledore off, "Potter went crazy with anger and even started talking to himself." Snape's face grew red with anger; he was on the verge of losing his composure. "Something is wrong with him. You can't push it aside and label this as 'the poor boy's grieving.' I won't stand for it."

Dumbledore smiled, as if attempting to cool Snape's anger. But before he could speak, a quiet voice across the room interrupted him.

"If I may sir," Jo said politely. "The boy was wearing the Aurum Duco Pendant."

"What?" Snape snapped.

"It's in the box of his belongings there," she pointed to the box in the center of the table. Harry had been so busy listening to the adults that he hadn't noticed it. After mention of the pendant he started squirming restlessly. Arthur helped him up so he could stand in his lap.

Snape burrowed through the box until he pulled out Harry's pendant. Studying it, his face turned from anger to a bit less angry.

"What's the Aurum Duco Pendant?" Molly asked.

Snape spoke calmly, "it's an ancient dark artifact. It causes insanity to whoever wears it. Exaggerating their emotions, it causes them to hear and see things that aren't really there."

"So that's why Harry attacked you?" Molly asked.

"Yes, Potter doesn't like me," Snape explained. He gave Dumbledore a look that said, 'I told you I was the wrong one to be watching Harry,' but instead he continued explaining, "that feeling was built up until he was able to kill."

Harry was now sitting on the table; slowly he managed to inch his way on until Arthur gave up restraining him.

"That also explains why he broke into the Department of Mysteries," Dumbledore said sounding relieved. "His hoped to rescue Sirius…" Dumbledore was still speaking, but Harry couldn't hear him. He was watching the pendant, which now sat unprotected on the table in front of Snape. He didn't know why, but he wanted to get it back. Quietly he crawled across the table and reached out his hand to take it back. But before he could it was snatched away.

"What is wrong with you Potter?" Snape yelled. The man looked so scary now, looming over him. "You were stupid enough to put on a random dark artifact, I'll believe that. But why would you take it back now, when you know what it does." The look on Snape's face was so harsh that Harry felt his lower lip begin to quiver. "It's not bad enough that you've tried to kill someone and then managed to transfigure yourself into a baby. What would you like to do next?" That was enough, Harry couldn't help it, he started to cry.

"Oh stop Severus," Molly interrupted, "Can't you see you're making him cry?" Snape looked a little bit embarrassed and stopped talking.

Arthur reached across the tabled and picked Harry back up. Harry hid his face against Arthur's chest. He really didn't want anyone to see him cry. He calmed down quickly, but remained sniffling while the others continued to talk.

"I don't understand," McGonagall said. "How did Harry turn himself into a baby?"

"Well I found him in the time room," Jo answered. "From the look of the room, he had been running around in it for awhile."

Everyone looked confused, like they wanted to ask just what Harry was up to. Embarrassed Harry wanted to explain himself. The Department of Mystery didn't look normal to him; all he saw was the hall. He figured that was due to the pendant's effect, causing him to 'see things that aren't really there.' But he couldn't talk, not in a way the adults understood, all that came out of his mouth were random sounds.

Ignoring Harry's attempt at speaking Jo continued, "At some point he knocked over the bell jar and broke it. He let out the, the- well I really don't know what they call it. It was some kind of blue cloud." Kingsley looked over to Jo as if to remind her to stay on topic. "Anyway, I managed to repair the jar and secure the thing inside. But by that time Harry had completely transfigured into a baby."

"How did Harry manage to break his way into the Department of Ministry anyway?" Professor McGonagall asked.

Harry tried to ask 'hey what does that mean.' But it too came out garbled.

"I was stuck with incompetent interns. I half expected one of them to pee their pants," Jo said bitterly. " They couldn't keep their mouth shut and asked me questions till Harry was able to pick out where I was. Besides, Harry has defeated you-know-who how many times now? I really don't find it that appalling." Harry was beginning to like Jo more and more.

"The interns, did they recognize Harry?" Dumbledore asked.

"No, he was too fast," Jo answered. "All they know is some crazed teenager broke in."

"What about others at the ministry," Dumbledore asked looking over at Kingsley.

"The clerk was left thoroughly convinced that the baby was Neville Longbottom," Kingsley answered. "Even after the boy showed up lost a little while later. Augusta Longbottom left, clearly annoyed with her grandson and the whole situation. But I doubt she'll linger on the identity of the baby."

"So no one will suspect Harry. But what about Ron?" Arthur asked, clearly concerned with his son's record.

"Officially all charges have been dropped and the break in at the Department of Mysteries never occurred," Kingsley clarified.

"But what about the interns," Arthur pointed out. "Won't they remember the incident."

"They've both resigned their positions," Kingsley replied.

"Yeah interns don't last there very long," Jo added. "They're all afraid that Death Eaters will return."

Kingsley continued, "all that remains will be rumors. But as far as the Ministry is concerned, nothing has happened unless it has been clearly documented."

"But what if some of the rumors get out to the public," McGonagall asked.

"That is a possibility," Kingsley replied. "But if any rumors spread around about someone turning into a baby, they'll all lead to either Ron or Neville. And people will be able to see that they're fine and well."

Harry didn't understand why they were all relieved, he was used to getting bad publicity. Perhaps Molly didn't want any rumors to spread that tarnished Ron's reputation.

As if sensing Harry's confusion Dumbledore clarified, "No one outside of this room will be told about Harry's condition. We don't want Voldemort to find out about Harry's vulnerability."

Harry had forgotten about Voldemort. He knew the Dark Wizard wanted nothing more than to torture and kill him. But he never really worried about it much. At the moment though, he was feeling particularly helpless and started shaking in fear.

"Is there a way to change him back," Molly asked. Finally someone had asked the question Harry was dying to hear.

But no one answered, not even Dumbledore. Harry looked from one adult to the next, willing them to come up with some ground breaking idea. Glancing at Snape, Harry saw an expression he'd never seen on the man. Was it concern? Suddenly Harry realized that under the stress of the situation he had been sucking on his thumb. He pulled it out of his mouth quickly and tried to look casual.

Finally Snape spoke, "We can try the Age Accelerator Potion. But that would take years to get Harry back to sixteen."

"Well that's something," Molly said attempting to sound optimistic.

"Is there nothing else Severus?" asked McGonagall. "With all your experience you must have come across something."

"There is a possibility," Snape said, but made no attempt to hide his doubts. "In my studies I have come across a theory, but it was sketchy at best. And I would need to do extensive research. Although, in the end I don't know if it will work."

"Well that settles it," Dumbledore exclaimed. "Severus will work on the potion. We'll be able to get Harry back to his sixteen-year-old self before we know it. And in the meantime, Molly can stay here and take care of the baby."

Harry didn't think anything was settled. Dumbledore had a way of being way too hopeful. Harry wasn't ready to get all excited about some random theory. And he definitely wasn't looking forward to being coddled by Molly Weasley. He wanted to slip under the table and die.

Overly excited, Molly leapt out of her chair and rushed over to Harry. "I'm sure you're hungry little Harry. Do you want to eat some nummy nums?"

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1151