A New Perspective by Moongrl
Summary: Harry has been acting strangely since the end of his fifth year. What happens when two of the most unlikely people do something about it? Currently been revamped!
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst
Media Type: None
Tags: Baby fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 50400 Read: 75538 Published: 08 Jun 2006 Updated: 06 Jan 2008
Chapter 1 by Moongrl

“Ron I am sick of you always complaining when I mention that we should start on our homework! I am only trying to help you, you know. The sooner you do it then the more time you have to, oh I don’t know, play quidditch or chess!” Hermione was finally fed up with all the complaining. She was only trying to help. Turning back to her own work, she decided to ignore Ron for now.“Really Hermione, I have plenty of time to finish it before it is due. That and no matter what I do Professor Snape is going to fail me anyways, so really it doesn’t matter!” Ron tried to argue back but gave up when he realized Hermione wasn’t listening to him anymore. He slouched back into his seat defeated and started working on his potions essay.

When Harry came down, he found his two best friends in front of the fire working on their homework. He silently sat down beside them and stared into the flames. He was so lost in thought that he never noticed the worried looks that his friends sent him. As of late, meaning since the end of last year, Harry had been very subdued and rarely talked to anyone. He never answered the teacher’s questions, spoke to his friends, and even ignored the headmaster. Nothing seemed to work; even Draco Malfoy couldn’t get him to talk. They all had their speculations as to why of course; mainly they all believe it was because of the happenings of last year, with his godfather’s death and all. However, they were only half-right. While Harry was still mourning the loss of his beloved godfather, there was still a other half to it all, one that he prayed everyday that they would never find out.

Only one other person in the school really believed his silence to be more than his mourning, and that would be Professor Severus Snape. Though he hates Potter, he was able to see the signs of much more. Severus was a quiet but harsh man, only showing kindness to his slytherins and sparing none for the gryffindors especially Harry Potter. Though he was known for the amount of malice, he shows he silently watched Potter everyday since he entered Hogwarts. Multiple times he approached the headmaster with his concerns of Potters silence and his thoughts on what was up with the teen. He had told Albus countless times that he believed that something happened at Potters home. Albus would reassure him every time that Potter was safe at his relatives home and that nothing could harm him while he was there.

Severus Snape was not a stupid man. He knew the signs when he saw them, after all he worked with the slytherins many of which come from homes just like the one that he speculated Potter coming from. When he first came to this conclusion, he was stunned, considering he had always thought Potter to be a spoilt brat. When he came to this revelation he asked his godson to help watch over him for any signs. If no one was going to help Potter then he would have to do so himself, even though he was loath to do so. When Draco came back with the news that he was unable to get a response out of Potter he became worried. Potter had never failed in the past to rise up to any of Draco's baits. Today I will confront Mr. Potter.

Harry was brought from his musings when he felt a light touch on his arm making him jump and flinch back. He turned with wild eyes to the person who touched him. Upon seeing Hermione’s friendly face, he settled back a little bit but still ready to flee. “Harry, we have class soon we should get going.” Harry nodded lightly and went to fetch his books.

Upon returning, he followed his friends to the transfigurations classroom and took his seat next to Ron. Professor McGonagall entered the classroom moments later and started the class. “Today we will be working on turning grass into pillows, this comes in handy if you are ever stuck in the wilderness or are just in need of one. Now we will take some noted today and then actually begin the wand movements…” Harry paid very close attention to what his teacher was saying, he didn’t want to mess up so early on in the year.

When transfiguration was over, he was ushered to his next class, potions. The walked into the room and the first thing they noticed was that the tables were set up so only two people could sit at one of them. They noticed also that the rest of the class was standing off to the sides of the room, slytherins on one side and the gryffindors on the other. Confused he followed Ron and Hermione over to the ‘Gryffindor wall.” He stood a little bit away from the rest of his classmates, he didn’t like being around so many people.

Across the room, Draco Malfoy stood with the rest of the Slytherins, staring at one Harry Potter. He had promised his Godfather that he would watch him and he had been. Admittedly, he was worried about the boy-who-lived as well. They may not have been friends but that didn’t mean he didn’t want to be. Draco noticed the rest of his classmates confusion as to what was going on and smirked; he knew exactly what was going on having been filled in by his godfather the other day. He was brought out of his musings when a black robed figure came into the room.

“Alright now everyone listen up, when I call your name you are to sit where I point and no complaining!” Professor Snape swept to the front of the room to a table in front of his desk. “Parkinson and Weasley. Thomas and Zabini. Patil and Goyle. Next row, Longbottom and Milstrode, Crabbe and Goyle, next row! Potter and Malfoy…” and so on until the whole class was seated. Not all the people were seated with the opposite house but a majority were. Harry sat with a straight back and seemed very tense if one was watching close enough, which Severus and Draco were. “Now we are going to start a very complicated potion one which will take a lot of concentration so I don’t want any of you Dunderheads to slack off! What we are making is a De aging potion, we will make enough to only de age the person to a certain age, which I will give you a piece of paper on what ingredients you will be using which will decide how young the tester will become. When you get your parchment you get straight to work!” Snape went around the room handing out pieces of parchment to every table and then stalked back up to his desk. No one wasted any time and got straight to work.

“Alright Potter I will do the ingredients and you can stir them in.” Draco went to the back cupboard with his parchment and gathered the correct ingredients. He felt extra indentations through the parchment and turned it over. There on the back was extra writing in his godfathers scrawl, Draco I am relying on your abilities and Mr. Longbottoms lack thereof for our idea to work, please do not let me down.

Draco looked up to his godfather and saw that he was looking back. He gave a small nod and went back to their table with the ingredients. He noticed that Potter had started the fire beneath the cauldron and nodded with satisfaction. He started to crush the ingredients and handed the correct amount over to Potter to put in the cauldron. “Alright now Potter you have to stir counterclockwise twelve times you got that?” He was hoping for a response but all he got was a small flinch. Sighing he leaned back in his chair and watched Longbottom and Milstrode in front of him. Smirking he noted that they had done their potion wrong.

Draco turned back to their own cauldron and noticed that Harry had completed the stirring and was bottling the potion up. “Why Potter I never knew you could actually brew something correctly, I am impressed.” He actually hadn’t meant it as a barb, he was actually praising the other boy, but it seems that the other didn’t take it that way and just flinched in response. I do believe that Uncle Sev is right about him. I do hope this all works out well. With only fifteen minutes left, Professor Snape stood up.

“Alright you all should be finished by now and have bottled up your potions. When I call on you I want you to drink your potion, then I will ask you your age and you and your partner will have to write twelve foot essay on what it felt like and or what went wrong.” He noted with satisfaction that Longbottom and Milstrode were hurrying to finish their potion. “Mr. Weasley you first.” Ron swallowed hard, lifted the vial to his lips, and drank it all in one gulp. He felt a shiver go through his body but it stopped as soon as it started. “How old are you?”

Ron was confused he was the same age as he was when he first drank the potion, “sixteen sir.” He paled when the professor waved his wand over him. “However improbable it may seem you have done the potion correctly, you have only digressed in age two months, which you will gain back within the hour.” He went on through the class doing the same thing with a few others, most of them Gryffindors. The youngest that one had turned so far was a year younger, which he said will wear off within the next day.

Moving to the next table he noted Potters distress, he knew what was coming. “Mr. Potter I do believe you are next.” He noted that Potter only nodded slightly and tipped the vial into his mouth. He watched in satisfaction as Harry shrunk a little bit. “How old are you?” He watched Potters scared eyes flicker from himself to Draco. “Fourteen sir.” Snape nodded lightly, while smirking on the inside, “You shall return to your proper age within two days time Mr. Potter.” At that very moment that he was moving away there was a loud explosion from the table in front of Draco and Harry. Draco, expecting the explosion ducked under the table fast enough to not be hit with any of the potion. Harry, who wasn’t so lucky was drenched with the potion, and had swallowed much of it.

The next thing any one knew there was a loud shriek through the room and everyone watched Harry since he was the one making the noise. They all watched fascinated as Harry Potter the once sixteen year old laid on the floor shrinking. Draco looked at his godfather with a worried face, was he supposed to be in so much pain? His godfather only nodded while moving towards Harry. He looked down upon the pile of robes that once held Harry Potter. Digging through the robes, he found what he was looking for. He pulled out a two-year-old boy who was silently crying. Quickly Snape wrapped him up in his now too big robes. “Longbottom bottle up the rest of your potion and then get out all of you!” He yelled, although he looked Draco in the eyes signaling him to stay behind.

Weasley and Granger looked as though they might protest but quickly left the dungeons when he glared at them. When the room was cleared, Severus sat back into his chair with Potter leaning against his chest still sobbing. Draco pulled up a chair next to him and examined the now de aged Gryffindor. “How old is he Uncle Sev?”

“I do believe he is in the early months of two Draco.” He said quietly stroking the little ones back trying to calm him. In a few minutes, the little boy had stopped crying but was now laying rigid in the embrace of Severus Snape. The child looked up at him with fear in his emerald orbs startling the professor and student. “What in the world have those relatives done to you Harry, that would make you fear me at such a young age?” He whispered it silently to himself but Draco noticed it.

“Maybe Uncle Sev we should get him dressed in something. I mean it is awfully cold down here.” Silently Severus nodded at his godson and exited the classroom heading for his private chambers. He whispered the password and allowed his godson in before him. He headed straight to the bathroom where upon opening the door one would see everything you needed to care for a baby.

“Did you know he was going to be this young Uncle Sev?” Draco asked astonished when he saw all the baby toiletries in the bathroom. Severus simply nodded while laying the small boy on the changing table in the corner. He asked Severus to go into his room and to retrieve a pair of pajamas that he had set for the boy that was in the closet. With that set, Severus set to the task of putting a nappy on the small child. Upon unwrapping the cloak from around the child, he had to hold back a gasp at what he saw.

The boy was simple littered with small bruises and cuts. He silently vowed to himself that he would take care of them when he was dressed. He applied a large amount of rash lotion on the boys bottom when he found a large rash there. Fuming he put the nappy on the boy, smiling to him when he was finished. “Do not worry Harry I will not harm you and neither will Draco.” The little boy only looked at him but thankfully, some of the fear in the child’s eyes went away.

Draco came back into the room with a pair of green footy pajamas in his hands. He handed them to his Uncle Sev and watched with a smile as he gently placed them on his once rival. When Severus was finished, he lifted the child into his arms and turned around. “Harry this is Draco, he wont hurt you either ok.” The child nodded and buried his head into Severus’ shoulder. Smiling he led the way to the living room and took a eat on his couch, Draco sitting next to him. “I am sure the Headmaster will summon me soon Draco so I want you to watch him for a little while. I am going to try to get the Headmaster to let me care for Harry, when I will be able to go shopping for the items I will need. Until that time there is a cot that I transfigured in my bedroom, see if you can get him to nap.” Draco nodded.

Minutes later, there was a fire call to Severus from the Headmaster. “Ah Severus there you are my boy. I have heard the strangest news, which I see by which you are holding, seems to be true. If you would please come up to my office and bring Mr. Potter with you?”

Severus scowled at Dumbledore, “I will come to your office Albus but there is no need to bring Mr. Potter with me, Draco will watch him just fine.” Without leaving Albus anytime to argue, he gently handed Harry over to Draco and swept out of the room.

Draco sat on the couch with an overly tensed child. He had never had anything to do with small children before, being the only child and all. Though seeing how tense Harry was he tried to clam him down by gently rubbing his back and humming quietly. It seemed to work since Harry was slowly relaxing against his shoulder. After a few minutes, Draco looked down at the child that was left in his care and found him to be asleep.

Carefully he stood up and carried the child into his Uncle Sev’s chambers where he found a small cot in the corner. He gently set the child into the cot and covered him up with the blanket. He stood staring down at his once rival and noticed the changes he saw. There were multiple bruises on the boys arms and face and he imagined there were more where he could not see. He would try to remember to remind Severus to heal them. He moved back out to the living room, retrieved one of the books from the bookshelf, and settled back to read until either the child woke up or his uncle returned.

Severus stormed up to the Headmasters office. He was extremely angry with the Headmaster for not heeding his warnings of the boys home life. Even at the age of two, the boy had multiple bruises. And he was only two for merlins sake! He snarled the password at the gargoyle and didn’t even wait for the staircase to take him to the headmasters office. Without knocking, Severus barged his way into the office and in front of the Headmaster.

“Ah Severus thank you for coming. Please take a seat. Would you like a lemon drop or tea perhaps?” The headmaster had that confounded twinkle in his eyes again and he glared in response.

“Albus do not waste my time. Currently I have a toddler in my chambers that is in need of my attention much more than you are I am sure. Now to get to business, no I will not allow you to take Harry out of my care, I will not harm him and neither will Draco. Nor do I know when the potions effects will wear off because of the fact that I do not know what Longbottom did to his potion.” Finished Severus leaned back into his chair with a satisfied smirk on his face. Albus Dumbledore no longer had that twinkle in his eyes and was no longer eating that blasted candy he liked so much.

“Severus while I am not sure why you would like to care for Mr. Potter I must implore upon you the dangers of keeping him young. There are many people in this school who would take advantage of the position Mr. Potter is in and harm him. Also you have your position as a spy; Voldemort would expect you to turn him over to him as soon as he became aware of this knowledge.” Albus said sternly. “Now I would like you to hand Mr. Potter over to my care where I can at least send him to his relatives until he will once again be his sixteen year old self and be able to return to the school.”

Severus had never been so angry in his entire life. “Albus I will not hand Mr. Potter over to your care since your care is sending him back to an abusive house hold. He will get no care there Albus. He is an abused child, one that you are too caught up in his title to see. He is a child Albus, whether he were his sixteen-year-old self or two! A child one you expect far too much out of and I will no longer stand by and watch you do the same thing to him that you did to me. As for Voldemort I am already being questioned about my loyalties and am expecting any day now to be found out and killed. I would rather have the chance to live headmaster than leave my godson and now Mr. Potter. These two children need me even if you don’t see it.” Severus gave a tired sigh and continued, “Albus come down to my chambers, I will show you what Harry goes through, he has marks on him now even as a two year old.” Without waiting for a response, he swept out of the office, dimly aware that the headmaster was following.

Severus tiredly said the password and led the headmaster into his chambers. Looking expectantly at the couch he only found his godson asleep on the couch. He walked over to him and place a light blanket on his figure and swept stray hairs away from his face. Hoping he was correct, Severus went into his room and over to the cot. Happy that Draco managed to the the child to nap he motioned the headmaster over towards him.

“Severus is this Mr. Potter? He looks so small, are you sure he is two?” The headmaster leaned over the edge of the cot for a closer look, noting the small bruises on the boys arms and face.

“Yes Albus he is two though extremely malnourished. I do not wish to wake him so I hope you can see enough by what is on his arms and face?” Severus turned towards the headmaster and noted the sad look in his blue eyes, no twinkle in sight. Albus turned swiftly and led the way out of the room. When they entered the living room, Severus noted that Draco had woken up and was watching them curiously from the couch.

“Is everything alright Uncle Sev?” Severus turned towards the headmaster silently asking him the same question before responding to Draco’s.

The headmaster was lost in his thoughts. How could I have over looked something such as this? I was supposed to keep Harry safe and I have failed him. Now Severus Snape actually wants to take care of Harry. This is all highly confusing and not the way I pictured any of this. The headmaster turned towards Severus, “I do believe that it would be prudent to leave Mr. Potter in your care and for you to retire from your second job Severus. I am so sorry that any of this had to happen my boy. So sorry.” The headmaster looked extremely remorseful for all that had happened to the two boys that he had sworn to protect. He turned his attention to Draco next. “Mr. Malfoy you are excused from classes for the rest of the day and I hope you will help Severus here with caring for Harry?” Draco nodded in response. “Good. I will bid you all a good day and see you both back in classes tomorrow, however Severus if you need a few more days to prepare you are more than welcome to take them. Good day gentlemen.” With that, Dumbledore left.

Severus turned to Draco, “So Draco how long has Harry been asleep for?” Draco turned to look at the clock on the fireplaces mantle.

“It has been about an hour I think though I don’t really know for sure because I fell asleep.” Draco blushed bringing a smirk to Severus’ face. “Hey I was tired you know!” Draco tried to defend himself though it only earned him a chuckle from the older man.

“Alright, alright. I think tomorrow I will head out to Hogsmeade and get some real supplies for Harry. Perhaps I will ask the headmaster if he will allow you to miss one more day of classes to join me, for I fear I will need some help with everything. Would you be willing to join me tomorrow and of course with Harry?”

“Of course Uncle Sev!” Draco smiled up at him and then proceeded to return to the book he had started before he had fallen asleep.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1162