A New Perspective by Moongrl
Summary: Harry has been acting strangely since the end of his fifth year. What happens when two of the most unlikely people do something about it? Currently been revamped!
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst
Media Type: None
Tags: Baby fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 50400 Read: 75534 Published: 08 Jun 2006 Updated: 06 Jan 2008
Chapter 6 by Moongrl

Jason Hafen nearly ran out of the building, dodging students and clutching the screaming child in his arms. He didn't feel it wise to stick around so hurriedly ran through the main doors and across the grounds; taking no care to the toddler in his arms. He got through the wards and apparated in an alley next to the ministry building. Stepping into the phone booth he punched in his numbers for easy access and was lowered down. The child in his arms was becoming increasingly harder to hold onto. Maybe he did work for child services in the wizarding world, but he absolutely abhorred children. He only got the job because of his father, who is good friends with the minister himself.

Walking through the corridors and up the elevator he briskly walked into his office depositing the child none to gently into a hard chair. He sat in his own plump chair with a sigh waiting for the minister to contact him as he said he would. He looked to the child, who was now calming down, and gave him a glare. Thanks to that brat he now had a headache.

Harry looked around the bare office with tears in his eyes. This was not where he was before, and that man was definitely not his daddy. “Daddy? Daddy!”

“Shut up boy, your 'daddy' isn't here.” Jason leaned back placing his right hand over his eyes.

More tears pouring down his face Harry tried again, “Dwaco? Dwaco!” He moved his head around to look about the office but didn't spot his second favorite person; second only to Severus his daddy. He began to cry again only louder this time. He did not know where he was, he did not know this man in front of him but he did know that he wanted his daddy and Draco!

Jason watched the kid work himself into a tantrum and finally became fed up. “All right you infernal brat be quiet now or you wont ever see your daddy again!” Well he found that this was definitely not the way to go. Even though this boy was but a toddler, he understood what “ never going to see you daddy again” meant, who knew? He cast a silencing spell on the child and placed bonds around him to keep him in place. He didn't want to go losing the kid now.

Thankfully the minister chose that moment to fire call him.

“Ah Jason, did you get Potter?” Fudge chuckled to himself.

“Yes minister the kid is here with me now. What would you like me to do with him?”

“Whatever you will Jason. Just keep him out of others grasp.”

“But minister I cannot watch after this child!”

“Do whatever you want Jason, just do not let Dumbledore get anywhere near the kid.” With that Fudge ended the firecall so he could have a glass of victory wine.

Jason looked at the hysterical kid in his office. Making a quick decision he unbound the kid and picked him up under his arms, trying to ignore the stench that came from the child. Moving through the hall unnoticed he opened a door to an unused room, currently only holding old files. He found a large box and placed it on the floor. Looking at the kid laying suspended from his left arm he gave a sigh and placed the kid in the box.

“This will hold you kid. You stay quiet. You can't leave this room or this box so I wouldn't try if I were you.” Jason knew the toddler couldn't understand it all but placed the spell on the box and room to keep the kid in and others out, then briskly left the room.

--- ----- ------- ---------- ---------- -----------

“Albus set up that court date right now! I will not leave Harry in their care, you know they will only use them for Fudge's own purposes! Harry cannot defend himself in this state!” Severus was currently pacing his rooms while Dumbledore sat on his couch. Draco was sitting on the floor amonst the toys that he and Harry were playing with before he was forcefully taken.

“Severus you need to calm down first and foremost. Nothing good can come from you getting worked up.” Dumbledore pulled out his packet of lemon drops that he always carried with him. “Lemon drop?”

Severus ignored the old mans question. “Calm down? CALM DOWN? You want me to clam down when Harry is currently somewhere in the ministry doing who knows what? I will not calm down until he is back in these rooms playing with Draco and myself with his toys! He is currently a toddler, barely that, and he was hauled out of here like he was a criminal! They had no rights to taking him only one crazed minister who wants nothing more than fame and his words on what he wants! I will not say this again Albus I want that court date made now or I will take things into my own hands!” If one can picture a horse foaming at the mouth after a long run, then they had the perfect picture of Severus Snape at that moment.

Flinching at the words from the younger man, Albus stood up and nodded. “Yes all right Severus I will go right now. Try and relax for now, I will contact you when I have some news. I will try to get a visitation to Harry as well so as to at least check up on the lad.” Dumbledore left the rooms, knowing there were no more words to be said.

Draco watched Severus pace throughout the rooms upset. “Sev, we will get Harry back, right?”

“Oh do not fear about that Draco, we will get him back, one way or another. There is no doubt of that.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

Darkness, dark gray, dark blue, or even black but the only term he knew was dark. His vision was blurred by his tears making the small like from a window at the very top of the wall, which was no bigger than a small book, seem non existent. Memories started pouring into his conscious mind, none that the small child could decipher let alone understand. Images of being in a small dark room, not unlike that he was in now, crying out for someone, who he did not know.

Besides his cries there was no sound. None within the room nor outside of the door that he could not see. This child held much fear but there were some that he feared the most; the dark, silence, and being alone, all of which he was now faced with.

He tried to wiggle into a better position but the place he was did not allow movement. He was uncomfortable in more than one way and wanted the comfort that only a select few could give. He did not know why that man took him away; his thoughts would break off there as is usual to the two year old mind. His cries grew louder in confusion slowly getting quieter within an hour, his mind growing weaker in fear and incomprehension. He became quiet in sound and mind regressing to the once was.

If someone were to look into the room they would never know that a toddler was in the room; which is exactly what Jason Hafen thought at first when he came back into the room the next day. If he didn't know that he himself had placed the child in the room with the charms he would have thought that the child had somehow managed to escape. He quickly walked to the small box and peered inside. Satisfied the kid was still inside, he dumped the small piece of bread he brought with him near the kids head and rushed out of the room not turning back or having second thoughts on the condition of the kid; especially those dull green eyes with dried tears down his cheeks.

Jason returned to his office to find a small stack of papers in his “in” folder labeled Court. Sighing he sat down to read it to find out which of the brats the ministry is currently housing this court date would be about.

A court date has been set for one Harry James Potter in the matter

of his care. This file has been set by Albus Dumbledore for Severus Snape.

This court has found their findings of the matter sufficient and a

court date is in need to be set. Please check in on the child and report

back to the courts that you understand the proceedings of the court.

Jason's brow furrowed as he hurried out of his office and up to visit the minister. This was not supposed to happen, at least not yet. He sped, well more like walked really fast as it would be undignified to speed, through the halls knocking some people over in his haste. Taking the lift to the top floor he stopped at the secretaries desk.

“I need to speak to the minister, it's important.” Moments later he was told to go in with the witch yelling behind him that he could only be in there for a few minutes. Jason through the door open and slammed it behind him.

Before the minister could say anything he thrust the paper under the ministers nose. “Sir, we have a problem.” He watched the minister read over the parchment, saw the man turn different shades of red, and also saw the mans fists start to form with one clenching around his wand.

“What is this nonsense? I put in specific orders that nothing of the sort was allowed to pass through about this child. I went there personally!” The minister was foaming at the mouth, enunciating each word enough that spit flew from his mouth. The minister abruptly stood up and started pacing. “Jason, is there anyway to stop this court date from happening? Or at least put it off until I want it to happen?”

Jason shook his head slowly, “I am sorry minister, but once these parchments go through there is no stopping the process. By law anything that has to do with a child is taken care of as soon as possible when the paperwork is submitted. I apologize minister I do not think we can do anything about this. What are you going to do sir?” Silently Jason mulled over why the minister wouldn't know that information himself considering he was the minister of magic.

“I don't know Jason, not yet but I will figure something out. Harry Potter must not go back with Dumbledore and Snape, he just mustn't.”

“Worry not Severus, even though the minister seemed to have mentioned something to the courts I was able to get the paperwork through and there is a court date to be set, word is just waiting from the minister on the state of Harry.”

“That, Albus, is what I am worried about. What if the minister waits a long while to “check in” on Harry, he could easily prolong the court date!” Severus Snape was currently pacing back and forth through his rooms making sure to be quite and conscious of the boy, Draco, sleeping on the couch. The boy had been a mess when he found out the full extent of what had happened and what was going on. Snape had sat with him reassuring him that they would get Harry back, not only for Draco's benefit but also for himself.

“ Not to worry, my boy, not to worry. If the minister takes longer than the required week to respond, a member of the courts will impose and insist on seeing the child their self. This will go through and Harry will be back in your care. Now all we must do is wait.”

- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - – – - - - - - - - - - - -

This is ridiculous. There was no way that he could sit there any longer while that man had control over Harry. No way was he going to just sit here and let everyone else do something about it while he sits there doing absolutely nothing. Getting up he stormed across the room yanking the portrait open. He was almost out the door before he was interrupted.

“Where are you going my boy?” Damn, the headmaster caught him. Putting on a smirk he turned to face the nosy old man.

“Headmaster,” a little nod of the head for respect, “I was merely going for a walk. I cannot sit in these rooms any longer without fresh air.” Without waiting for a reply, he turned and went out the portrait. Unfortunately he didn’t hear the spell being cast in his direction.

“I am sorry child. I cannot allow to go running into the ministry. You certainly have been in Severus’ company, it reflects in your similar behavior.” The headmaster cast a floating charm and pulled Draco into Severus’ bedroom. There already on the bed in a full body bind was one Severus Snape, Hogwarts Potions Master and Ex-Death Eater, glaring in the headmaster’s direction. “Only a few hours ago I found Severus attempting the same as you child. I am truly sorry for this.” He floated Draco onto the bed next to the older man and proceeded to place him in a full body bind before removing the stunner.

“Albus,” Severus growled, “This is not necessary, I was merely going for a stroll.”

“Ah, so Draco said as well. However, I find, I cannot trust either of you during this emotional time. I know you both care deeply for Harry and only wish for his safety, but you must allow the courts to proceed. We will win; I promise you that, we just have to.” The old man left the room, leaving two people in body binds behind him. “Perhaps I will bring you some lemon drops later. Yes I think you would both enjoy that.”

Setting himself down on the couch in the main room the old man gave a heavy sigh. I don’t know what either of those two young men will do if we don’t win. I fear the wizarding world will see much anguish should that come about. I pray to Merlin that we win.

- - - - -- - -- - - - -- -- - -- -

“I cannot believe I am stuck on this bed. How does that old man know everything?” Draco was lying on the bed completely bored already, so he complained.

Severus chuckled lightly at his behavior. “Draco you have only been here for a mere fifteen minutes and you are already complaining. Myself, I have been here for hours already. That nosy old man will not get away with this though. We will have our payback, though when this is all over.” Severus fell quiet. Both he and the boy next to him became lost in thought.

Eventually though Draco went back to his complaining and trying to wiggle his way out of the bind though both men knew it was useless. Only during this time did Severus realize something. “Draco I apologize. I have forgotten that you yourself are a young man not yet a full adult. I have piled you with a responsibility too big for you to carry. Take that not as an insult for you have carried it well, but it was not my place to put it on you.”

“Forget about it Sev. I cared about Harry longer than I have let on in the past. I brought some of his problems to you thus involving myself.” Draco couldn’t believe Sev sometimes. Him, a child! That was absurd.

He knew he pushed a button with Draco by the tone of the boys voice, but he vowed to himself when this was all over, he would try to give Draco a little bit of his lost childhood as well; not to the extent that they are giving Harry, but a chance to lay back and enjoy what there is in life.

- - -- - -- - - - - -- - - - -- - -- - - - -- - - -- -

He did not like the dark and this was all that was going through his still underdeveloped mind. Dark bad, bad, bad. He was a bad boy. Must stay in bad dark room because he was a bad boy. He didn’t move, due to fear. He didn’t make a sound, due to fear. He didn’t grab at the piece of bread that someone had dropped in the box with him, due to fear. Fear was a powerful motivator to not do anything and that was something this young boy understood all too well. So he laid there, not doing anything but breathing and the occasional blink, though his tears betrayed him for he couldn’t stop those.

--- -- -- -- - -- -- -- -- --- -- -- -- -- -- -

Time was not on the ministers’ side. He needed to move and quickly, he could not let the Potter brat be put back into that damn headmasters care. He rummaged through old files on one Severus Snape. Ah, yes these will work nicely. The file name “Severus Snape; Trial 243 Death Eater” was printed in bold black ink. “This will be perfect for what I need.” The minister cackled to himself. That boy would stay in his care, he would further his career, and he would gain the fame that he deserved. He was the minister of magic and he deserved it for all that he had done for the wizarding world. He was just lucky that he was able to get the boy to begin with, that, he thought, was thanks to him being an ex slytherin himself. I can still be sneaky, Albus Dumbledore, and just you watch me win this trial.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1162