A New Perspective by Moongrl
Summary: Harry has been acting strangely since the end of his fifth year. What happens when two of the most unlikely people do something about it? Currently been revamped!
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst
Media Type: None
Tags: Baby fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 50400 Read: 75538 Published: 08 Jun 2006 Updated: 06 Jan 2008
Chapter 9 by Moongrl

Draco sat huddled underneath the courts panel, he honestly didn’t know what he should be thinking or feeling. He was seventeen years old for Merlin’s’ sake and here he was huddle like a small child underneath some counter! He should be out there helping his Uncle Sev and the Headmaster fight! He poked his head out from its protective covering to see how everyone was faring.

Three members of the Wizengamot were battling 4 different people in the black robes; they seemed to be doing all right. He took a brief glance towards where he saw the other Wizengamot members and saw that some of them did not fare so well. The man who had questioned Severus was on the ground being surrounded by his other colleagues protectively. He finally spotted where Mr. Crumpet was and spotted Ms. Jenkins and Harry behind him. Alarmed he nearly got up from his spot but saw Sev approach him and who appeared to be Fudge and Hafen. Instantly he saw Sev fire a spell and watched Fudge duck to dodge it. The next thing he knew he saw Ms. Jenkins running over to his spot.

Draco ducked back down, ready to retrieve Harry from the woman’s arms thinking that she would go back out and help with the fight. He saw her feet appear and raised his arms to take Harry. Ms. Jenkins didn’t hand him over but crouched down on the floor with him and plopped Harry onto the floor. Astounded by her actions, Draco scooped Harry into his arms, trying to calm him down and stop his crying enough to not alert anyone of their whereabouts.

Glancing at Ms. Jenkins, Draco became annoyed. “Are you not going back out there to help them?”

She just sat there with her arms around her legs, wand no where in sight. Draco scowled, here was a fully grown witch, a witch who was supposed to be someone that a person Draco’s age should follow by example from, cowering under a desk unwilling to go back out into the battle.

Scowling Draco was ready to give Harry back to her and go join the battle himself that was until he felt Harry shivering in his arms. He glanced down and the bawling toddler and clutched him tighter to his chest. How could he have possibly thought about leaving Harry with this woman again? Resigned that neither her nor the women were going to go help he curled into a small ball, curled around Harry protectively, and pushed himself as close as possible to the counters wall. He continuously rubbed Harry’s back whispering soft reassurances into his ears, though it was all for naught, he still tried to comfort Harry as much as possible. He also kept an eye on Jenkins to make sure she didn’t do anything stupid.

--- - - --- - --- - -- -- -- -- - - -- -- --- -- --- -- - --- -- - - -- - - - -- - -

Harry was scared. He clutched his Daddy’s robes tightly to himself covering his eyes. There were big men all around him and the lady and he didn’t like them at all. He felt the air around him buzz slightly, which was the indication that a spell just went by him (though he doesn’t know that), and he started crying; he wanted his daddy!

After a moment he heard his daddy’s soft whisper but didn’t know what he said. Harry reached an arm out to him hoping to be taken into his protective arms only to be disappointed when the lady he was with started running away from his daddy. Even more distressed Harry could only cry harder.

He felt himself be placed on the ground, none to kindly, but only for a moment for he was swept up into another pair of arms. He glanced up between his tears and saw that it was Draco. He clutched tightly to him and continued crying. If he couldn’t be with his Daddy at least he was with Draco. Clutching Draco’s robes and his Daddy’s robes between small fists, he buried his head into Draco’s chest, trying to block out the sounds in the room.

-- -- -- -- -- -- - - -- - - - - - -- - - -- - -- - -- ---- --- -- - -- - - - - - - --- -

He was mad, no wait angry, scratch that he was enraged and murderous and any other word that can be thought up along those lines. Severus pointed his wand directly between the eyes of the so called Minster of Magic with non wavering hands. He would not let either of these two men get away with what they had done, nor with what they would have done in the future. Even if these two men were not accompanied by a dozen or so death eaters, he had no doubt that he would have made sure that they faced the end of his wand, if for no other reason than their transgressions against Harry.

He saw Crumpet direct his wand between Hafen’s eyes, gaze unwavering. Things were about to change drastically, and very soon. With no time for either man to raise their own wands both Severus and Crumpet yelled out two curses. Severus was surprised when he heard Crumpet yell the blood boiling curse, not even Severus was that harsh yet, he yelled a simple cutting hex, which is mild in comparison to your blood boiling still cause quite a lot of pain and would incapacitate anyone.

Severus gave a satisfied smirk when Fudge fell to the floor screaming and clutching his arms to his chest hoping to protect himself from the many lacerations that were beginning to cover his body; however he stopped moving as Crumpet placed a stunner on both him and Hafen. With a frown Severus turned to Crumpet.

“Sorry Mr. Snape, I would have hated to have to send you to Azkaban for torture and murder, even if it was only this scum, but you do have a little boy to take care of and a teenager at that.” With a nod both Crumpet and Severus bound the men and then moved on to help everyone else.

Severus , though still upset that he couldn’t do more to the two other men, took his frustrations out on every other Death Eater in the room. He was helping a few of the Wizengamot members when he heard some screams that he would never forget as long as he lived.

-- -- -- -- -- - -- -- -- -- -- - - -- - - -- -- -- -- -- - -- - - - - - - - - - ---- - - - -- - --

Draco was still clutching Harry to his chest, no longer speaking softly into his ear. Instead he was trying to convince Ms. Jenkins to move further back into their protective covering. The last thing they needed was to have her spotted by a Death Eater. Ms. Jenkins was having none of it however, and wouldn’t even respond to him. She didn’t move or speak, just sat there partly covered staring into space.

Draco stopped when he heard loud voices shout curses that he didn’t know and saw the after light from the curses. He was curious to what was yelled and who had yelled them but he stayed diligently covered. He heard some running and saw black boots appear in front of his eyes, which were staring at the ground. Draco quickly shifted Harry in his arms making it so he could train his wand on the intruder. He didn’t have time though. By the time he had the wand pointed a curse was already yelled at him and he covered Harry as best he could. He screamed suddenly and started convulsing.

There was no thought left, and nothing he could do to shield Harry, the curse had hit both of them right where Harry’s hands had clasped him, causing not only Draco but Harry as well to feel the pain of the cruciatus curse. Draco couldn’t help Harry; in fact he didn’t even know Harry was under the effect of the curse as well. All he could hear and feel were his own reactions; his yells and cries and that of his body convulsing.

--- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -

Severus, along with Dumbledore and Crumpet (whom he hadn’t noticed), ran towards where the screams were generated from. There was no hesitation in Severus’ next moves, none of the stop and stare at the horrors before him. His wand was already leveled on the person who had dared to harm what Severus had claimed as his. Three shouts rang out through the room, louder than any others, and three separate spells hit that one figure who caused the pain of two children. Abruptly the cloaked man flew across the room and the two screams were cut short with loud whimpers in their stead.

Dropping his fighting stance, Severus went to Draco and Harry, gathering both boys into his arms. He tried to calm them as best as possible but he knew nothing would help the boys at this time. He pulled the two back underneath the counter still with them in his arms. There was no way he was leaving them on their own again. It was already proven that Jenkins was not capable of protecting them and he would be damned if he left them unprotected again.

He hadn’t even noticed Dumbledore talking to him or Crumpet pulling him away to resume the battle with the others, he had eyes only for those who lay in his arms. Within all the bad luck that seemed to be hitting the threesome a spark of luck came when the battle ended with the “good” guys prevailing over the death eaters.

The court room was in a hush, only the sounds of panting warriors and the moans of those in pain playing in the room.

Dumbledore had ran back to where Severus still remained and helped the younger man up off the floor and took a child from his arms to help him with the load. “Come Severus, let us get these boys back to Hogwarts and helped by Poppy. I do believe everything here is settled and the aurors will handle the rest.” Without waiting for any reply he gently steered Severus, who was cradling Draco to his chest, out the courts doors Harry lying restlessly in his arms.

Their walk to the port keying room was long and tedious, with members of the ministry coming up to them and asking questions. Dumbledore had managed to have them side step all the people but a few came through. He couldn’t stop Severus when he had snapped at one person for being too loud and scowling at them fiercely at the prospect that she may have woken up the two slumbering boys from their restless sleep.

Once at the room, neither man hesitated on grabbing onto the worn boot that would transfer them to the gates of Hogwarts. They felt the pull around their navels and grasped tighter at their loads.

Landing with as much grace as they could muster in their battle worn bodies, they made their way quickly in the old castle and up to the infirmary gently depositing the boys into two different beds next to each other.

It only took mere seconds until the matron was at the boys’ side casting whatever diagnostic spells she knew on them. She did not bother kicking the two men out of the wing; they weren’t sure if it was because she was too busy or if she knew it was futile to keep them away. Either way each stood away from her, allowing her as much room as needed to treat them.

What turned out to be a long while later, the matron stood back with a final swish of her wand producing small bars to appear around Harry’s bed. Turning around she eyes each of the two men. “Now gentleman, these two need their rest, I want no one waking them up. I also want each of them to stay in bed; this means no getting up or walking around. The two are suffering the after effects of Crucio, which sadly has affected many nerves in Harry’s brain due to the fact that he is currently so long. In effect this means that he may, for a while, be slower in development. I am hoping that sine his mind is still technically being formed that the problem will fixed itself, but be warned it may not. No you both may stay, in fact I would prefer at least one of you here at all times as I may not be available all the time. Remember, when they wake up I want neither of them out of bed! They may not like it but it is better for them in the end. Severus this includes Harry, you can sit with him on the bed but he must be lying down. Understood?” She leveled each man with a strong glance before walking away without waiting for an answer.

Staring at her blankly for a moment each man blinked. Looking at each other they shrugged and grabbed a chair ready to settle in for what they assumed would be a long wait.

A solid six hours and twenty-four minutes (Severus had been keeping count in his anxiousness) Draco started to stir. Severus jumped from where he was seated and immediately went to the boy’s side. He restrained the boy when he moved to sit up. “Stay lying down Draco, it won’t hurt as much.” He gently placed a hand on his shoulder keeping the boy to the bed.

“Hurts Sev.”

“I know Draco, just lie still, I will get Pomfrey.” With a look at the headmaster he swiftly made his way to the other end of the ward where the matron was attending to another student.

“Poppy, Draco has awakened and is in pain. Do you have a draught available for him?”

“Of course I do Severus, this is a hospital wing! Go to my cupboard, I am sure you know which one to give him.” She gave him a pointed look.

Ignoring her, he went to the cupboard and grabbed what he knew was a strong pain killer meant to deal with the after effects of the curse. Administering it to Draco, who he helped into a somewhat sitting/leaning position, he saw the immediate effects go into work. Draco’s body relaxed a bit and slouched further into the bed.

He couldn’t help himself, Severus just had to ask. “How are you now Draco?”

There was a long pause before there was a response. He watched Draco take a deep breath and let it out. “Whatever you gave me helped a little though I can still feel some of the pain.” He paused for a moment before his eyes flew open and he made to sit bolt upright. “What happened to Harry?”

Gently pushing the boy back down into the bed he addressed the frantic question. “It seems Draco that you and Harry both were caught in the same curse…Now Draco sit back into that bed right now! Let me finish. Yes, you both were hit, but you got the brunt of it. However because of Harry’s size it is affecting him just as bad as you. You, as you may notice, feel strange. That would be because both you and Harry are dosed up on some powerful potions to help stabilize your nerves.” He put a gentle hand on his shoulder. “You can see Harry Draco; he is to your left, right next to your own bed.”

Draco turned his head, slightly wincing at the movement, and saw the small body of Harry through the bars that he assumed were put around Harry’s bed. “He will be ok Sev?”

“Yes Draco, he will be all right, just as you will be.” Severus watched as Draco leaned back into his pillows and slowly drift back into sleep. “You will be fine again Draco and nothing like this will ever happen again, I promise.” He whispered into Draco’s ear hoping that the boy heard it. He wanted Draco to know that he was watching over him still, no matter how old Draco was getting.

Severus settled back into his seat in between the two beds, ready to keep a steady eye on the boys. He jumped when a hand came down on his shoulder and quickly got up and whipping his wand out. He gave a sheepish grin, well as close to one as he could get at the moment, at the headmaster who was the culprit.

“Calm Severus, it’s just me. You need rest my boy; you yourself battled hard and must be tired.” The headmaster stopped at Severus’ raised hand.

“Yes Albus I know but as you know, there is simply no way that I will be able to rest while these two are still under such strain.” He raised his hand once more, “No Albus, in this matter you know I am right, it would be right impossible for me to sleep now.”

Severus watched as the headmaster turned away to his own seat hearing the small mutterings of the old man that sounded suspiciously like “not if I fed you one of your own sleeping potions.” Raising his eyebrow, Severus scowled. “Try is Albus and you yourself will find yourself speaking bubbles for the next two weeks. I am sure Harry would enjoy that.” The Headmaster wisely closed his mouth.

---- ------ - ---- -- - - - - -- -- - -- - - - - -

It was several hours later, well into the night, when Severus heard a small rustle of comforters. Setting down his book that he had a house elf bring in, he leaned forward looking first at Draco’s bed then at Harry’s seeing who was stirring. To his delight, though much bodily harm to anyone who says that to his face, it was Harry who was awakening. He stood up over Harry’s bed and gently wiped the boy’s baby soft hair off his face, allowing him to watch as Harry opened those green eyes and to see the first signs of tears.

Not wanting him to wake up Draco, Severus sort of slid and sort of climbed, to get over the bars on the bed, into the bed settling Harry into his lap gently. “Hush child, I know it hurts, but everything will be all right now.” Harry didn’t say anything but tried to bury himself further into Severus’ robes however he must have caused himself some sort of pain as Severus heard a sort of whimper come from the boy. He gently caressed the boys back hoping to calm him back into sleep. He was grateful that the child did wake up but now he knew that the child also needed more rest to help heal his small body. Harry would not be able to take some of the potions they were able to give Draco due to his size and age, thus meaning there was more rest needed. They, meaning Pomfrey, Albus and himself, were hoping some of his magic would also aid him in his healing process.

He was brought out of his thoughts by more whimpering from the child. “It is all right now Harry, daddy is right here. Go back to sleep.” Severus grabbed the blanket and wrapped it as best he could around Harry while patting the child’s head in a soothing manner. Gradually Harry’s whimpers quieted down and he fell into a restless sleep with Severus following not long after.

Albus watched from his chair as the pair drifted into sleep. He gave a small smile thinking about the trials that he was sure were to come. It was this way, with the headmaster watching all three occupants that Pomfrey walked in on in the morning.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1162