Change Happens by Shadowdog85
Summary: Harry Potter is bitten by a strange beast in the dark forest towards the end of his six year, now he's turning into something inhuman. Can Professor Snape and others help him find out what he is and if he's a danger to everyone around him. What could this change mean for his fight against Voldemort?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hagrid, Hermione, Lucius, Luna, McGonagall, Arthur, Molly, Neville, Original Character, Other, Petunia, Remus, Ron, Sirius, Tonks, Vernon, Voldemort, Wormtail
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, Supernatural, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 7941 Read: 20143 Published: 09 Jul 2006 Updated: 09 Aug 2006
Harry awakens...Sudden Healing...The Change Begins by Shadowdog85
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all it's characters belong to J.K. Rowling, although I do own the Mastakos and maybe later a few other little characters.Thanks to the following for reviewing: Spiorad...sunsethill...rosiegirl...and amanda.

~~Three days later~~

Harry has been unconscious for six days, and in the afternoon of the 6st day, he opened his eyes and looked around. He remembered slowly everything that had happened and seeing no one, he swung his legs over the side of the bed. Wincing a little at the slight twinges of pain from his right leg, but he still stood weakly and limped into the nearby bathroom. Looking into the mirror, he was shocked at the sight of his face staring pale and wasted out at him. His skin was so pale it was tinged grey and he had huge dark circles under his eyes, not to mention his face had a starved thinness to it, but what really caught his attention was his fringe. His fringe of hair that always covered his scar was no longer raven black like the rest of his hair, but white, not blonde-white either, but pure white.

Shaking his head, Harry went about his business and left the bathroom, only to run into Madam Pomfrey, who was coming out of her office.

"Oh, Harry, your awake and your out of bed! This is great, but get back in bed and stay there! I'll be right back!" She exclaimed excitedly, before rushing towards the hospital wing doors and opening them.

Harry could clearly hear her snatching a student from the hall and telling them to tell the Headmaster to come to the hospital wing as swiftly as he could, and Harry could hear her telling the male student to be quick about it. It took a few moments for Harry to realize that he shouldn't be able to hear anything so clearly from this distance, but he shrugged it off as his imagination.

Madam Pomfrey came back and started fussing around him, she was just about to take a medical scan, when suddenly the hospital wing doors swung open with a bang that sounded like an explosive going off to Harry, who cringed away from the noise quickly. In walked Albus Dumbledore, Snape, Remus and to Harry's utter delight Sirius in his dog form. The headmaster shut and warded the doors with locking and silencing charms, while Sirius turned back into his human form. Harry didn't remember moving, but suddenly he was wrapping his arms around his godfather's waist and crying into his chest.

Standing leaning on his good leg mostly and on his godfather, Harry forgot everything else in the world. His senses taking up by the sound of Sirius' heart beating like thunder in Harry ears, the feel of his heat almost burning Harry's skin, and the Sirius' smell enveloping Harry in all it's strength. It took Harry a minute to come out of it and realize that someone was talking to him and that someone was Madam Pomfrey.

"Mr. Potter, you will come back to this bed right this minute, young man. We have to check you over now."

"But I feel fine." Harry said, surprised that it was true, his leg no longer hurt and he was feeling stronger as every second went by.

"No buts, Potter, just listen to Madam Pomfrey." Snape said from where he stood by Harry's 'bed'.

Harry walked back to his bed reluctantly, but without limping this time around. Harry sat slowly on the bed, feeling uncomfortable with everyone around, something inside him said that he shouldn't let himself be cornered. Either way, he stayed still while Madam Pomfrey scanned him with her wand, but when she told him to drop his trousers, that was where he drew the line. He opened his mouth to argued, but suddenly Snape firmly pushed him onto his back and swiftly though gently tugged Harry's trousers off. Harry was so surprised, he didn't do anything but stare up at his Professor in complete and utter shock, only to look back at Madam Pomfrey when she let a gasp.

She was looking at Harry right leg and Harry looked down to see what she was so upset about, he couldn't understand he shock, there was nothing on his leg but some light scratches. "Madam Pomfrey, I told you I was fine, see I'm just scratched up a little, nothing to worry about."

"Nothing to worry about, Potter do you even remember what happened to you?"Snape barked, receiving a glare from Sirius.

"Yes, I do. But the cat obviously didn't do much damage, even though it felt worse, maybe I was...I don't know...maybe it felt worse because I was shocked."

"The cat, Harry? Do you know what bite you?" Remus asked, walking over to crouch beside Harry's bed, and Harry suddenly wanted to push him away, to get away from him, but he curbed that desire.

"Yes, how could I forget, it was like a cat I'd never seen before."

"Harry if I get my pensieve, will you show us what you saw?" The Headmaster asked, and after Harry nodded, he hurried away.

Only to return about five minutes later with the rare bowl, once he was done showing Harry how to remove a memory, Harry pulled the attack memory out and placed it in the pensieve. When it was inside the adults in the room all leaned towards the bowl and looked in. After a few minutes, they all blinked and looked away, all of them were obviously deep in thought.

"Albus, what was it? I never seen anything like it before." Remus said sitting on the bed beside Harry, who felt the need to hiss at his friend.

"I don't know, we will all have to search for the answer, I will order books that may tell us what we want to know." Albus said, walking around the side of the bed, to stand on the opposite side of Remus, with Harry in the center.

Harry was feeling really weird now, he felt like he wanted to claw everyone around him. He knew this wasn't normal behavior and before he could think about it, he was out of bed and across the room moving away from everyone. He looked up at the surprised faces of the others and when Madam Pomfrey approached Harry couldn't quite stop the cat-like growl that bubbled up his throat. Madam Pomfrey stopped and stay where she was, while the others seemed a bit more worried.

"What's wrong with me? Why am I feeling so weird?" Harry asked, a feeling of panic building up inside and in response, he crouched down wrapped his arms around himself.

"Harry, the cat...we believe was a...a type of lycanthrope." Remus said, approaching slowly and kneeling not to far away.

"What? You mean I'm a...a werecat!?"Harry cried, standing and backing further away from everyone, back towards the hospital wing door, but he didn't notice Snape slink around to stand between him and the door out. "Is there a cure? Can't anything be done!?"

Madam Pomfrey, Remus and the Headmaster shock their heads, and Sirius looked sorrowfully at the ground. Harry shook his head wildly, running his hands through his hair compulsively, before grabbing two handfulls and pulling, moaning and denying the whole situation.

"Harry, don't you hurt yourself!" Sirius ordered coming forward quickly, but that was a mistake, as Harry suddenly turned and tried to bolt for the door.

Tried being the word, as before he got to steps, Snape grabbed him and held him to his chest. "Potter, running won't make this go away, it'll only make it worse!"

"I can't! I don't want this!" Harry screamed, his voice muffled by his professor's chest, and in his panic and confusion he gripped the teacher tightly, feeling like without someone to hold onto him he would fall away to pieces.

Suddenly Harry was jerk away from Snape, even though he tried to hold, and turned around to be smashed against Sirius' chest. He grabbed onto his godfather's body, needing to whole onto something...somebody to keep from shattering apart. Above him, Sirius was glaring at Snape and strangely enough Snape was glaring right back at Sirius. He also looked like he wanted to grab the now werecat Potter out of Sirius' arms. Remus seeing a fight about to breakout between the two quickly intervened. Stepping between the the two adults, Remus placed his hand on Sirius' shoulder.

"Why don't we get Harry back in bed and give him...perhaps a calming draft?"

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." Sirius said picking up the boy and taking him to the bed. "Why the hell is he so light?"

"He hasn't been eating or sleeping well, this past school year." Madam Pomfrey supplied, helping him tuck the still clinging boy into the bed. "He was to stressed from dealing with that Umbridge women and was tormented from nightmares all year long."

"Here you go, Harry drink up, it's a calming draft, for your nerves. Don't worry everything will be alright." Remus said, taking the empty vial from Harry and helping him lay down.

Harry, calm now, felt sleep pull him under and he gladly submitted to it.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1177