Change Happens by Shadowdog85
Summary: Harry Potter is bitten by a strange beast in the dark forest towards the end of his six year, now he's turning into something inhuman. Can Professor Snape and others help him find out what he is and if he's a danger to everyone around him. What could this change mean for his fight against Voldemort?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hagrid, Hermione, Lucius, Luna, McGonagall, Arthur, Molly, Neville, Original Character, Other, Petunia, Remus, Ron, Sirius, Tonks, Vernon, Voldemort, Wormtail
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, Supernatural, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 7941 Read: 20143 Published: 09 Jul 2006 Updated: 09 Aug 2006
Aggression Heightened...And Your Turning Into A Cat! by Shadowdog85
Author's Notes:

I have a picture (though not very good) of the 'werecat' Harry was bitten by and what he looks like now on my website, feel free to check it out.

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all it's characters belong to J.K. Rowling, although I do own the Mastakos and maybe later a few other little characters.

The next day Harry woke up feeling irritable, he felt like growling at everyone, and he didn't feel any better after he remembered the news he had received the day before. He was also feeling restless, hot, thirsty, hungry and in need of a long bath. That was where Headmaster Dumbledore and Professor Snape found him, crouching on the stand next to the bed and licking his arm thoroughly before rubbing it over his head. Harry had heard them come in, he could even hear them approaching five minutes ago, but he ignored them, concentrating instead on getting CLEAN. He continued to ignore them, even as the two adults shared a look between themselves. The only thing that matter to Harry right then was getting the dirt OFF!

"Ah, Harry good to see you up and...about." Albus said, staring at the dark-haired boy, like he'd never seen him before.

When Harry didn't answer, choosing to instead continue 'cleaning' himself, Snape got angry and quickly approached the crouched figure. Harry heard him coming and quickly looked up, hissing at the Professor. Snape stopped and getting annoyed barked out at the young Gryffindor.

"For Merlin's sake, Potter, what are you doing!?"

"Cleaning."

"What?"

"I have to get the dirt off, I have to be clean." Harry replied, showing Snape his arm, which was actually very clean, before going back to licking.

"I see...." Snape said, with an eyebrow raised. "Although I...regret to inform you, that no amount of...cleaning...will help with your hair."

Harry gave Snape a look (anyone who has cats and does or says something stupid near them has seen this look), Snape returned the look with one of his 'death glares' only to become irritable when it has no effect on the 'cat-boy'. Walking around to the other side of the bed, Snape turned slowly to face the boy-who-lived-to-become-a-werecat.

"I must say Potter, that getting bit by that cat has made you more like you father than ever, maybe even more so, I actually don't recall him being quite this arrogant."

Harry, hearing that, forgot his cleaning and lifting his head, snarled at the Professor. When Snape gave him one of his smirks, Harry lost it and from the bed stand where he crouched, he sprang up and over the bed to land beside the shocked Potions Master.

"How dare you call me arrogant when you know next to nothing about me!!"

"Watch your tongue, Potter! Your still in school and I am still your Professor! Do you want all the points taking from your house!?"

"What's it matter to me! Now that I am this! Do you actually think the ministry will allow me to remain in school!?"

"What in Merlin's name are you talking about Potter?!"

"I'm a werecat now! To them that's no better than a rabid animal! Look how they treat Remus!"

"Foolish boy!! Do you think their going to find this out! That we plan to wave this around in everyone's faces!!?"

"How can they not find out!? I feel myself changing even as we argue!"

"Come now, Potter don't...!" Snape trailed off though when he caught sight of Harry's eyes, moving quickly and unexpectedly, Snape gently but firmly grabbed Harry's head in his two hands and turned the boy's head up so he could see better.

As he thought, Harry's green eyes now had cat-like pupils, and with Harry's lips pulled back slightly, Snape saw his teeth were also very cat-like now.

"See? I'm a monster now!" Harry stated, pulling his head out of his Professor's hands, 'I'm a freak now just like the Dursleys always said', Harry thought to himself.

"Harry, your not a monster, and Professor Snape is right, the Ministry will not find out about this. Will think of something, so don't you worry." The Headmaster reassured, walking over to the distressed teen.

"I don't know Headmaster, perhaps Potter is right. Maybe we should...place...him somewhere he won't cause problems?"

"Severus, please, your not helping right now."

"Sorry, Headmaster." Snape said unconvincingly, looking out the nearby window.

The Headmaster shook his head and turned his attention to the upset teen. For a moment Albus just looked at the young man before him. It's true that Harry now had some changes, from his white fringe, strange eyes and his teeth, but all in all he looked the same. Albus looked down at where the boy was scratching his fingernail on his right hand's pointer finger, while Albus looked, the nail came off!! Everyone seemed so shocked at this that no one could even say any thing for a few long moments. Finally Albus turned to Snape, who was looking at the fingernail in a mixture of astonishment and horror.

"Severus, I'm going to need you to do another blood test for Harry, and see just what is going on with his blood now."

"Yes, of course Headmaster." Snape said, pulling out an empty vial, while still looking at the finger with the missing nail.

In the time it took for the Headmaster to request this and for Snape to pull out an empty vial and a small clean knife, Harry had already pulled off the rest of his nails on his right hand.

"Potter would you stop it, if your nails are going to fall off, let them fall off. Don't pull them off, it's disgusting." Snape snapped, approaching the now wary boy, who growled and backed away from the knife. "Come now, Potter, don't be childish, I'm not going to kill you. However much I may want to at times."

The last sentence was spoken in a low voice, obviously Harry was meant to hear, but hear he did and it made him growl, hiss and show his 'fangs' at the approaching Professor. Said Professor, with speed that surprised even himself, quickly grabbed Harry's left hand and Harry responded by trying to 'claw' him with his right hand. This didn't do much, so still struggling, Harry attempted to bite the Professor, who quickly let go of him and stepped away. Once he was released Harry, insane with panic, leapt onto the headboard of the bed and crouched, hissing.

"Oh dear, we're going to need help, I'll call Remus and Sirius up to calm him." The Headmaster said and entered Madam Pomfrey's office to call for back up.

Not a few moments later, Remus and Sirius step out of the office with the Headmaster, who was explaining what was needed. They stopped though at the sight of Harry balanced on the headboard, hissing at Snape.

"Hello Harry, why don't you come down off of there and sit on the bed with us?" Remus asked, slowly approaching and sitting at the bottom of the bed.

Harry looked at his friend and Godfather before looking at Snape, who wasn't approaching with the knife and then glancing at the twinkling Headmaster, who smile gently at him. Deciding that it looked safe Harry climbed down and sat next to Remus with Sirius sitting on the other side of Harry.

Suddenly something inside warned Harry that he should move, but before he could, Remus and Sirius lunged forward and grabbed him. Holding his arms and legs in such a way that Harry couldn't bite nor scratch. Struggling he didn't notice Sirius nod to the Headmaster, who turned and shot a meaningful look at Snape. Snape quickly approached and Harry, who could only see something large and black coming, freaked out.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I won't do it again... I promise, don't hurt me. I'm sorry...I...I'm...I'm sorry!" Harry cried, no longer seeing his Professor, but rather the huge form of his uncle.

Needless to say the others in the room were terrible surprise and distressed by Harry outburst. Particularly Snape, who was used to dealing with abused children from his house, he could easily see the signs of abuse. He could only wonder why he didn't see it before, maybe because he never thought to look before with Potter or perhaps because Potter was a better actor than Snape gave him credit for. That didn't explain why no one else never notice anything before either, where they all just to blind?

"Shh... it's okay, P...Harry, it'll just hurt for a moment, than we'll heal it up and it won't hurt anymore." Snape said soothingly, ignoring the looks he was getting from the other adults in the room.

Quickly Snape took the blood sample and backed away, while Sirius and Remus let go of Harry, who rolled of the bed and onto the floor before sliding up said bed and hiding. When Sirius tried to go under and get him out though, Snape stopped him.

"Don't, you'll make it worse, he'll come out when he's ready."

"How do you know this?" Remus asked, cutting of Sirius when he looked like he was going to argue.

"I've handled abuse children before, when they hide it's not a good idea to try and get them out of their hiding places. They'll come out on their own when they feel it is safe. Now if you don't mind, I have tests to run." Snape replied and lifted for the dungeons, swooping out of the room like a giant bat.

~~Three hours later~~

Snape turned out to be right, much to Sirius' displeasure, about Harry coming out on his own. Not an hour after he left, Harry emerged, sheepishly, from under the bed. He apologized continuously for causing such a scene and only stopped when Sirius threatened to dump a bucket of ice-water on his head. Now they were waiting for Snape to come and tell them of his findings, but they didn't have to wait to long. Three hours after he left he returned and acting as if Harry didn't do anything out of the ordinary, much to Harry gratitude, Snape made his announcement.

"I find myself at a loss on how to explain my findings, so I will start with the basics. Potter, unlike a werewolf, is turning into a cat when it's not a full moon. In my findings though, it seems as if with time he may be able to control this change. Although right now the change is out of his control, the change is unusual in the fact that some time the changes in his blood are extreme and other times it seems like his blood is almost completely human." Snape said to the five (Madam Pomfrey was now there) gathered together in the room.

"Your turning into a cat, Potter." Snape clarified with a sneer when he saw the confused look on both Harry's and Sirius' faces.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1177