Emrys Snape by Gryffinbear
Summary: Abandoned by his aunt the minute she found him on her doorstep, Harry is discovered by none other than Snape!
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Original Character, Remus
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 15557 Read: 24550 Published: 31 Aug 2006 Updated: 15 Mar 2009
Chapter 1 by Gryffinbear

Severus Snape walked out of the Leaky Cauldron into Muggle London. As he walked a couple blocks to where he had parked his SUV that he owned and heard a child’s scream. Shocked he followed the sound of the scream which led him to a dark alley way. Walking a little ways into the alley he followed the sound of the scream which led him to a dark alley way. Walking a little ways into the alley he found the screaming infant laying on the cold cement floor. Severus picked the child up.

“I wonder where your parents are little one.” He said with a gentle voice. Severus ran a scan with his wand over the boy and grimaced at what he found. The boy had a bruised back from being thrown to the ground it seemed and one of his little arms were broken which was why he was screaming so much.

“Shh…shh… little one it’s alright, I’ll get you fixed up and then take you to my home until I can contact your parents.” Severus left the alley walking towards his SUV. He looked down at the baby in his arms who had stopped screaming and would let out a little whimper he was jostled too much. As Severus reached his black SUV. He carefully held the baby with one arm while opening the door with the other. Once he was in the car, he carefully switched the boy into the other arm then shut the door and started the car up. as he was driving he decided to take the boy to St. Catherine’s which was a combined Wizard’s and Muggles hospital. Severus remembered that his friend Damien Yui worked in the Children’s ward there.

Driving into St. Catherine’s, Severus parked the car behind the emergency room entrance. Getting out of the SUV, he carefully carried the now sleeping child into the Emergency room lobby. Walking up to the nurse at the desk.

“Excuse me is Dr. Yui on duty tonight?” he said calmly. The nurse stared at him with a confused look for a few moments before checking on her computer.

“Yes Dr. Yui is on duty in the children’s ward tonight.” She said in a kind voice.

“Can you tell me what floor the ward is on?” Severus asked.

“The children’s ward is on the 5th floor. I will call and tell Dr. Yui that you are coming up, may I please have your name sir?” she asked.

“Thank you, my name is Severus Snape.” He said. The nurse nodded picking up her phone on the desk and dialing the children’s ward. After a minute she put the phone down.

“You may go up now Mr. Snape, Dr. Yui is waiting for you, just go down the hall and the elevator is to your left and take it to the fifth floor. Have a nice night sir.” She said kindly. Severus nodded and walked down the hallway a little ways and found the elevator. Inside he pushed number 5 on the panel looking down at the boy who was sleeping peacefully finally, he brushed a piece of his hair back, and his eyes widened as he saw a lighting bolt shaped scar on the boy’s forehead. Severus almost dropped the child when he realized who exactly he was holding in his arms. He wondered why Harry was not with his last living family, the “Dursley’s” as Albus called them, but it seemed that the Dursley’s were the reason he found little Harry abandoned in a London alley way. Once the elevator reached the fifth floor the doors opened and he stepped out of the elevator. Turning around he was almost tackled to the ground by his friend.

“Careful Damien you don’t want to hurt your newest patient anymore than he already is.” Severus smirked as his friend, Damien laughed.

“Long time no see Sev.” Damien said then looked down at the little bundle in Sev’s arms.

“So what’s that little guy’s name Sev?” he said. Severus thought for a moment.

“Emrys.” He said. Damien raised an eyebrow.

“That’s not his real name is it?” Damien asked confused. Severus sighed.

“No, Emrys is not his real name but I don’t want this nice quiet hospital to be invaded by reporters if you knew his real name.” He said brushing his hand across ‘Emrys’s’ forehead revealing the scar. Damien was shocked.

“Bloody hell!” Damien shouted.

“I see now why you gave him the name Emrys. I kind of feel sorry for the little guy.” He said getting a closer look at the boy.

“Where did you find him, because I doubt Dumbledore would let you just take him from where ever he left him.” Damien said Severus scowled.

“The muggle family Dumbledore left him with an abandoned him in a alley in London near the Leaky Cauldron.” Severus said Damien shook his head and muttered.

“Stupid muggles.” He took out his wand and ran a scan on Emrys, frowning as he finished. Severus scowled at Damien.

“What are you frowning at Damien?” he snapped then lowered his voice when Emrys started to stir in his arms.

“ I was just thinking about why Dumbledore would leave such an important person with muggles like that.” He said.

“Come over to the desk so we can get little Emrys checked in.” Damien said walking over to the desk a little ways away from the elevator. Severus followed him.

“Okay.”

Damien stood in front of the computer.

“Name: Emrys Snape. Birth date?” he turned and looked at Severus. “When was he born?” he asked. Snape stood there thinking trying to remember when Dumbledore had told him the boy was born.

“I think Dumbledore said that he was born on July 31st, 1980.” He said.

“Okay, birth date: July 31st, 1980, Age: 1 years old. Sex: male, Hospital: St. Catherine’s.” Damien said as he enter4ed the information into the computer. Once he was done he picked up the tiny bracelet with all the information and snapped it onto Emry’s right wrist. “There now that he is all checked in we can get him settled into a room and then I can take a closer look at his arm.” He said leading them to a room which had 103 on it.

“This is one of the parent/child rooms, so you and Emrys can stay here tonight because I know you will want to bring him home tomorrow. Unless you are going to give him back to Dumbledore. Which in my opinion is a bad idea.” Damien said. Severus looked up at him.

“No I am not giving Emrys back to Dumbledore. I just have to find a way to adopt him without Dumbledore knowing.” He said. Damien smirked at him.

“Come in and lay him down on the bed for a moment while I examine his arm.” Damien said as he opened the door and walked inside the room. Severus walked into the room behind Damien and laid Emrys down in the middle of the large bed. Damien pulled out his wand again and muttered a bone mending charm. Emrys let out a scream as the charm set the bones in his arm, Severus was over at the bedside instantly running his hand through Emrys’ hair trying to calm the crying child down.

“Shh….shh Emrys it’s alright…it’s all over little one.” Severus whispered. Damien conjured a while plaster cast and slipped it on Emrys’ left arm making him whimper a little. Damien then conjured some green bandage tape and started to wrap it several times around the top of the plaster all the top to the bottom of the cast where Emrys’ litter fingers were sticking out. Cutting the extra tape off Damien stood back and watched Severus calm the child down to the point where he was starting to fall asleep again.

“Severus you can pick him up now and put him into the crib over there.” Damien said pointing to the wooden crib where plastic sides instead of bars. Severus stopped running his hand through Emrys once he was fully asleep and picked him up, he walked over and gently placed him in the crib and draped the small blanket over him.

“You should get some sleep to Sev.” Damien said pushing Severus towards the bed.

“Fine. I’ll go to sleep but you are going to wake me up if Emrys needs anything!” Severus said.

“Sure I will.” Damien said smirking.

“You better!” Severus snapped as he took off his robe and kicked his shoes off. He climbed into the bed pulling the covers over his body and within minutes he was out. Damien walked out of the room after he checked on Emrys once more, deciding that he would come back in the morning to check on them both again.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1201