Emrys Snape by Gryffinbear
Summary: Abandoned by his aunt the minute she found him on her doorstep, Harry is discovered by none other than Snape!
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Original Character, Remus
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 15557 Read: 24543 Published: 31 Aug 2006 Updated: 15 Mar 2009
Chapter 2 by Gryffinbear

Damien walked into Room 103 after he had checked on the other children in the ward to find Emrys standing in his crib looking around the room and Severus still sound asleep in the bed. Damien walked over to Emrys and picked him up out of the crib.

“Well, Good morning Emrys, how did you get up without waking Severus?” he asked the boy. Emrys looked at him his eyes wide.

“Want Sev’us.” He said in a small voice. Damien laughed.

“Okay I’ll give you to Severus.” He said walking over to the bed and set Emrys on Severus’ stomach watching as the boy fell back to sleep happily. A few minutes later Damien started laughing again at the sight waking Severus up. Severus opened his eyes and saw Damien laughing.

“Damien is there some reason you are standing in the room laughing?” Severus asked his voice slurred still from sleep. Damien smirked.

“Shh you’ll wake up Emrys, and he just went back to sleep.” He said trying to keep the laughter out of his voice. Severus blinked then looked down at his stomach and saw Emrys sound asleep. Severus stared at the boy and thought silently to himself, How did he get here? His eyes raised and he met Damien’s gaze a confused expression on his face, Damien smiled at his friend and decided to take pity on him.

“He was standing in his crib looking around when I walked in to check on the two of you, so I picked him, and he declared that he wanted you. In fact his exact words were ‘want Sev’us’, So I brought him over to you and he fell right back asleep the minute he was on your stomach.” Damien said his smile turning into a smirk. Severus glanced down at Emrys and smiled slowly.

“Damien how am I going to adopt Emrys without Dumbledore knowing?” he said still watching Emrys sleep. Damien tilted his head to the side and did some quick thinking.

“You should adopt Emrys through a muggle adoption agency first, then we will find a person who doesn’t blindly, and foolishly I might add, follow Dumbledore and won’t tell Fudge about it.” Damien said Severus sighed shaking his head sadly.

“That will be the hardest part to do.” He said looking down at the sleeping toddler. Emrys stirred a little then slowly opened his eyes and looked directly at Severus.

“Hungry Sev’us.” He said in a sleepy voice. Severus laughed shaking his head.

“Alright Emrys I will get a bottle in a minute.” He said. Emrys scowled at him and shook his head.

“No bottle, want cup.” Emrys snapped. Damien laughed again shaking his head and pointed a finger at Severus.

“He’s already acting just like you Severus.” Damien said still laughing. Severus turned his attention to the man, glaring at him.

“You are not helping so just be quiet!” Severus snapped at him. Emrys giggled still on Severus’ stomach causing Severus to look back down at him smiling again. Damien smiled and shook his head at the two of them.

“Come on now, I’ll show you where the café is so you can feed Emrys and have some breakfast yourself.” He said walking towards the door as Severus sat up slowly his arms wrapping protectively around Emrys as he stood up and followed Damien out of the room. Walking down the hall Severus got a good look around the children’s ward and he understood what had drawn his friend to the place. They stopped finally in front of a pair of bright red doors with “Kids Café” written above them. Emrys turned his head and stared at Severus wondering why they were just standing there, doors were made to be opened. Then he grinned waving his little hand in front of the doors just as Damien reached to open them. The doors swung open on their own and Damien started, turning his head he looked over to Emrys grinning with his small hand outstretched. Damien shook his head and looked up at Severus.

“You’re in trouble now Sev!” Damien said laughing as he walked into the cafe leaving Severus staring at him in confusion.

“What’s wrong now Damien?” he asked then spun around completely when the doors slammed shut suddenly behind him.

“Stop playing around Damien.” Severus snapped.

“Hey! I didn’t do that!” Damien yelled, Severus opened his mouth to yell back when a little hand covered his mouth. Looking down he met emerald green eyes filled with tears.

“I sr’wys I scared you Sev’us.” Emrys said in a teary voice. Severus sighed shaking his head.

“Shh…Emrys, it’s alright…I’m not mad at you. I know you didn’t mean to scare me.” Severus said as he rubbed Emrys’ back to calm him down. Then he smirked leaning down he whispered into the toddler’s ear making Emrys giggle. Damien narrowed his eyes at the smirk and started to back away from the two of them.

“Sev…what did you tell him…” Damien said still backing away.

“Oh nothing…” Severus said smirking. Severus turned and walked to the counter, Emrys waved at Damien then hid his face into Severus’ shoulder. Damien raised his hand to wave back at the boy, but before he was able to he was drenched in ice cold water.

“Ahh!! Severus Snape you’re a dead man! I can’t believe you told Emrys to do that!” Damien snarled as he heard Severus laughing from the other side of the “café”.

“This is not funny Severus, I just got pranked by a one and a half year old.” Damien snapped.

“Oh but I think that all this is very funny and I am going to go back to Hogwarts and tell all of the Professors that Damien Yui got pranked by a little one and a half year old child.” He said smirking as he turned towards the young lady behind the counter. She covered her mouth to hide the giggle that she couldn’t suppress.

“What would you like for breakfast this morning sir?” she asked politely.

“I would like eggs, bacon and some toast with a glass of juice.” Severus said.

“Okay coming right up, and what would the little sir like?” she asked gently. Emrys looked up at her.

“A cup of milk please.” He said in a quiet voice before he hid his face again against Severus. She smiled at him then left to prepare their food. A couple of minutes passed before she came back with a small sippy cup and held it out to Emrys who peeked out to look at her.

“Here you go young sir, one cup of milk.” She looked up at Severus.

“May I ask what his name is sir?” she asked. Severus nodded.

“His name is Emrys.” He said. She pointed her wand at the green sippy cup and whispered a spell and ‘Emrys’ appeared on the front of the cup.

“There you go Emrys.” She said as she handed the cup over to Emrys who took it. She smiled and walked back to finish making the food. A couple more minutes passed before she came back with Severus’ food on a tray.

“Here you go sir.” She said as she handed the tray to Severus.

“Thank you.” He said and walked over to one of the tables, Emrys on one hip and sat down. He looked over and saw Damien still soaking wet from the prank.

“Damien are you going to sit down or are you going to stand there dripping wet all morning?” He asked then started eating his breakfast, Emrys sitting in his lap sipping out of his cup. Damien shook his head and made his way over to sit next to Severus shaking his head again getting Severus and Emrys wet.

“There now we are even.” Damien said with a smirk on his face. Emrys grinned and put his sippy cup on the table and looked at Damien, he waved his hand over himself and Severus and a second later they were completely dry. Damien glared at Severus.

“That is so not fair Severus.” He wined. “Emrys come sit on my lap.” Damien said. Emrys looked at him and shook his head.

“No, you wet.” He said with a smile then he picked up his sippy cup again and when back to drinking.

After breakfast Severus took Emrys back to the room and cleaned him up dressing him in the outfit he had just conjured being careful with his left arm. Damien walked into the room, dressed in now dry clothes.

“Severus do you have every thing that Emrys needs like a crib, and clothes because you can’t just conjure all his clothes. Baby food and every else that a one and a half year old needs?” Damien asked. The only response he got was Severus staring at him.

“I thought as much, so tomorrow morning we will go shopping for baby supplies, and then we will go to that manor of yours that only I know about.” Damien said to a still shocked Severus Snape. Damien laughed walking over to Severus and slapped him on the back.

“Welcome to the world of being a parent Sev, you’re going to love it.” Damien said grinning.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1201