Ashes of the Phoenix by Solitare
Past Featured StorySummary: Sick and tired with the way the Dursleys were treating him, Harry decides he has had enough. Leaving the house he makes his way towards the Leaky Cauldron only to encounter the one person he didnt want to see...
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: No Word count: 79889 Read: 200138 Published: 02 Oct 2006 Updated: 23 Apr 2018
Believing in Insanity by Solitare
Author's Notes:
Well here we go an actual update go me! This is unbeta'd as once more I seem to have lost mine, if and when I get a new one I will replace this version with a beta version. So sorry for any mistakes, and please review...

"You did..."

Harry shot awake breathing heavily his eyes wide and panicked. His breath came in short and shallow gulps. He raised his hands. I killed them? he thought in shock.

"It isn't going to be Voldemort its going to be me that kills everyone..." He said out loud. A moment later the room filled with light and Snape was at his side, he stared down at Harry.

"What nonsense is that?" he demanded growling. Harry shook his head and swallowed.

"Nothing...I...just..." Harry said then he shrugged. "It's nothing just a stupid nightmare." He wants me to kill him, Snape thought as visions of him strangling Harry danced through his head.

"Potter do not try my patience, need I remind you we are in my rooms and I have several potions that can easily force you to tell me." He threatened and smirked at the way the boy stared at him.

"It was nothing...just a nightmare where I destroyed Hogwarts and killed everyone okay?" Harry snapped. He wasn't going to mention the man. Snape would most likely freak and ask to many questions. Snape stared down at him for several moments before he silently left the room. Sighing Harry rubbed his eyes, when was he ever going to get a full night's sleep again? Probably after I kill Voldie, then again I'll just have nightmares of him coming back for the rest of my life. Harry thought grimacing he rolled his shoulders then slumped down on the cot. Snape probably went to another room to sleep, tired of me waking up and making a big deal out of nothing. He closed his eyes with a sigh.

"Potter." Snape's voice said as he heard the man surprisingly walk back into the room.

"Yes sir."

"You have issues." Came the bland reply. Harry smacked his forehead

"Thanks for that oh so helpful information. Like I didn't know that already." He said sarcastically. He yelped as Snape removed his hand from his forehead, a moment later a something cool replaced it.

"So you had a dream and you were the one who killed everyone. Do you know why?" Snape asked in a serious tone of voice. Harry opened his eyes and glared at Snape.

"Because I must've been as crazy and power hungry as lord scaly?" Harry said dryly. Snape smacked his arm.
"I'm serious Harry. Stop and think about it. It was most likely you pulled one of your go off without thinking nor caring about yourself and endangered yourself. You know...like you did this summer with the Dursley's." Snape said frowning at him. Harry rolled his eyes and started to sit up, but Snape casually pressed a hand on his shoulder, with his other he put the clothe of Harry's eyes. "Try and fall back asleep Potter. Staying awake all night long wont make any difference."

"Whatever..." Harry muttered and he heard Snape move away from him. Snape paused by his bed with a smirk, as he took out his wand and aimed it at Harry. What the boy didn't know couldn't hurt him. With a whispered spell Harry was sound asleep again. placing his wand by the bed Snape folded his arms. He knew that Harry was keeping something about the dream to himself, just what and why was another matter altogether. And a matter that would have to wait until morning. He needed to be at his best if he was to battle with the boy in the morning. He extinguished the light and closed his eyes. Potter was worse than a toddler.

"Welcome back Mr. Potter..." the voice hissed in Harry's ear. Harry's eyes snapped open and he moved to sit up but something unseen restrained him.

"I believe we have been going about this the wrong way. You seem to think you stand a chance." Voldemort said his body swirling into view. Harry panicked as the surrounding area morphed back into the familiar graveyard, he was on a stone tablet his hands and ankles bound. He fought against the panic and managed a smile.

"Is that so Tommy-boy?" he asked proud that his voice didn't shake. Voldemort shook his head sadly.

"Harry, Harry...you should have learned by now that it is hopeless to fight me...after all we are the same." He stated and his body vanished a moment later an adult version of Tom Riddle stood beside him. "We both want the power, the power to change fate. I can still bring back all your loved one's Potter. I know how."

Harry strained against the rope and smirked, "If that was true then how come so many of your followers are dead? Why not bring them back, they would be useful shields. Or maybe you just want dear old dad back Tom."

Voldemort's eyes swirled and a moment later Harry was screaming in pain. The Dark Lord released the spell after several minutes and Harry slumped back on the tablet.

"Now then back to what I was saying. We do not have to be enemies Mr. Potter. I could use a right hand, someone who I know has enough power to rule at my side. If you refuse...I will show you what pain really is." He said smirking. Harry stared up panting.

"Good to see you still have a real face, is the other just a glamour or your arse?" Harry said. Voldemort hissed at him.

"You try my patience Mr. Potter!"


"I wasn't aware you had any Tom. See I still have so much to learn." Harry said grinning, he couldn't tell anymore if this was just another vision or if it was actually happening. Voldemort took a calming breath then he smiled, it was odd seeing him as an actual human again.

Voldemort sighed and took out what appeared to be a whip, which had Harry actually raising his eyebrow.

"Using muggle things now are we Tommy?"

"Oh this is a much more...improved version of the primitive whip muggles use...I think you'll enjoy it..." he said smirking as the whip sprang to life leaving his flesh colored fingers. Harry didn't scream as the first stroke hit his chest, he was just shocked. The second lash was more painful and cut deeper. He fought...it's a dream...if only he could...finally he screamed as pain rippled through his body...he could hear Voldemort laughing his head off...just a dream!

"Potter I swear if you do not open your eyes this instant I will tan your hide worse than anything you have ever felt. Blast it boy open your eyes!" Snape's panicked voice filled his ears. Snape? Harry thought as the whip dug deeper Harry screamed more. "Harry for Merlin's sake clear your mind, I know your cabable of it!" Snape's voice called through the haze of pain.

He stopped screaming and concentrated on Snape's voice. "Potter I swear if you don't open your eyes this minute..."

"You'll what give me a detention?" Harry croaked opening his eyes weakly. The site he saw stopped his breath. Snape was pale, paler than he had ever been, his eyes were wide with panic and his hands were coated with blood. Snape's voice caught in his throat as he pressed the clean clothe against his student's chest. Harry blinked.

"I swear Potter you need a full session with a mind healer!" Snape snapped in a shaking voice. Harry blinked up at Snape.

"What's the matter?" he asked. Snape's jaw dropped as he stared down at his charge. Of all the things to come out of Harry Potter's mouth that was the last he expected.

"What's the matter? Potter have you entirely lost your mind? First you show up here again bruised and lacking sleep. Then when your actually asleep the dark lord enters your dream...which if you actually listened to me he wouldn't be able to do. But nooo, you don't even try you can handle everything on your own. And now here you are...bleeding! Bleeding from whatever it is he did to you and you ask what is wrong!" Snape yelled, he didn't even notice the way Harry cringed withdrawing from his touch. "You are supposed to trust me! I'm your bloody guardian for Merlin's sake you should've called for me!"

"I couldn't! if he knew you weren't his anymore it would endanger you! I wont have anyone else die because of me!" Harry screamed back.

"The deaths you've scene are not your fault! How many times must I tell you that! And it is not your job to protect me! It is my job, my duty, and my choice to protect you!" Snape screamed back at him.

"Whether it was my hand that took their lives, or Voldemort's it still lays on my shoulders I didn't protect them good enough. It is not going to happen again!" Harry growled. Snape hissed as he conjured a vial pouring the contents on the already bloody clothe. With hands that shook he peeled back Harry's shirt and pressed the clothe on it. Fire erupted from Harry's chest and his hands gripped Snape's. "Would you stop that!"

"And what let these get infected so you wind up in bed for a month. Now there's an idea, at least if you were to weak to move you wouldn't get into as much trouble. And you would at least sleep!" Snape shouted. Harry hissed as Snape continued rubbing the clothe.

"But no that would be to simple now isn't it! You never behaved in your entire life!" Snape raged. He could barely stand to see the marks on Harry's chest. "If you ever find yourself in that kind of situation you will call for me." He stared down at Harry...there it was again that heavy weight around his chest...as if he actually possecessed what did one call it? Ah yes a heart...Green eyes stared into his, the boy wasn't even wincing now, nor did the eyes hold pain. He shook his head at Snape.

"You know no matter what I want, or anyone else wants its all going to come down to one thing...either I kill him first, or he kills me." Harry said in a flat emotionless tone of voice. Well...that was enough of that, Snape thought sitting up straighter, there was no way he was going to be able to talk to the boy when he was in this mood...and when Snape still had his hands stained with his blood. He stood holding the blood soaked clothe in his hands tightly, a barrier between him and Harry, he wanted badly and surprisingly to take the boy into his hands and hold him, to ensure he was there and alive. Coughing again he turned.

"I am going to get you a dreamless sleep Potter, and you are going to drink it whether or not you desire to." He snapped and walked from the room. He could have conjured it, or gotten a house elf to get it for him but he needed a moment to compose himself. He leaned against the door closing his eyes tightly. He hadn't seen it, hadn't wanted to see just how vulnerable Harry was to the Dark Lord...though he knew the Dark Lord would never be able to possess Harry again, he could cause bodily and mental anguish on Harry himself. Growling at himself he stormed towards his potions closet vanishing the bloody clothe, he would get a new one and tend to the lashes that marred Potter's chest once the boy was in a deep sleep...where no more dreams nor pain could haunt him. His fingers closed around the vial of dreamless sleep and he closed his eyes. Harry had thrashed opened his mouth as if to scream yet no sound had escaped his lips. How many times had he done the same with his muggle relatives? Severus stop it! He scolded himself and stormed from the room back into the room. Harry had pulled his shirt back down and was sitting up. He turned his head and looked Snape straight in the eye.

"Snape...it isn't your fault, I'm sorry." He said. As simple as that Snape felt something inside himself crack. Here was the son of his enemy...a man his former dark master would have loved to get his hands on. The very boy he himself for the past five years treated unfairly and cruelly. And refused to teach just because the boy stumbled across a painful memory, he had given up teaching him and the boy was suffering...and he was...sorry...Snape sneered.

"Sorry Mr. Potter? What in Merlin's name do you have to be sorry about!" He thundered storming over to Harry. It was over this was it. He leaned down and gripped Harry's chin.

"Starting tomorrow Mr. Potter I will begin to teach you Occlumency again and this time...we are not going to stop." He said, the same tone of voice he always used during class. Harry nodded slowly.

"Yes sir." He said automatically. Shaking his head Snape opened the vial and held it to Harry's lips.

"Drink it willingly, or give me the pleasure of pouring it down your throat." Snape said, though without the normal enthusiasm he had. Harry raised a hand and gripped Snape's wrist.

"If I had paid attention when you were trying to teach me then Sirius would..."

"Potter you are not going to finish that statement. Now drink the damn potion!" Snape snarled at Harry ready to pinch the teens nose and pour it down his throat. Harry snatched the potion from Snape's hand and downed it in one gulp.

"Happy now?" he said attitude plain in his voice, he was sore, he was in pain and he didn't want to have anything to do with Snape or his vial potions at the moment. Yet he was stuck with both. He closed his eyes, so he wouldn't have to meet Snape's anymore. He didn't want to deal with the man, he wished he was back in the boys dorm in Gryffindor tower, with Ron mad at him no one would have bothered him...then again he thought as he felt himself slowly begin to drift. Then again no one would've woken him up and who knew if he would've been able to actually survive that vision. Finally his body went limp.

"Idiot..." Snape muttered as he set to the task of cleaning Potter up once again. Foolish, stupid, childish boy! He fumed, all the boy did was think about others and himself none. When was he actually going to give what happened to him some real thought? Snape thought with a shake of his head. He stood having done as much as he could, made his way to the fireplace. Dumbledore would need to know about this, because he fully intended to have Harry in bed for several days...whether or not the teen agreed with the idea....

 

Snape dodged the shoe that was thrown at him. Yes, he observed from as far from Potter's bed as he could. Teenagers could throw worse tantrums than two year olds when they didn't get their own way. He rubbed the ridge of his nose with a sigh.

"Potter we are not getting anywhere when you insist to carry on in such a fashion." He said trying with reason. The teen had woken up late for what should have been his first class. And when he had fumbled around getting dressed yelling on the top of his lungs at Snape for not waking him up in time, Snape had told him where he would be for the next few days. The result of this discovery was Harry's tantrum. Harry threw the other shoe aimed directly at Snape's face. Angrily Snape raised a hand catching the shoe midair.

"That is enough!" he thundered. Harry glared at him, he was sitting on the bed, mainly for two reasons. His knee hurt too much to stand, and two Snape the bastard had actually flung a confinement spell at him when he had tried to run from the room. So now he was stuck in bed, and just because every counter charm he tried didn't work, and that Snape held his wand in his other hand now, didn't mean he had lost...yet...both stared at each other unblinking. Two tempers coated the room with heat.

"I would think that after this summer you would realize that I do not do things unless there is an actual reason for doing them! But obviously I was not only mistaken in that area but as well as the idea for a moment that you were capable of acting your age!" Snape shouted. He had to get the boy behaving before he himself had to go to class. If he didn't show, he knew since Granger was the one who sent Harry to him, would figure out where the boy actually was, which could mean trouble in more ways than one. "I will give you a cookie Potter if you promise to behave." Snape said sighing heavly rubbing his temples. Harry froze in mid-swear to stare at his professor.

"A cookie? What the hell do you take me for a little kid?" Harry said his voice filled with disgust. Snape lowered his hand and glared at Harry.

"You certainly are doing quite the impression of a child." He pointed out, Harry opened his mouth to argue but slowly shut it folding his arms.

"You didn't even ask me." He pouted. Snape rolled his eyes heaven word, why was it again he even cared about this spoiled brat? "And you still haven't told me when your going to let me see my family." Harry added softly. Snape froze his eyes whipping to Harry's surprise coating them.

"You say that...after the night you had?" he said unable to mask his shock.

"What if Voldemort," Snape flinched at the name, "found out wherever it is you are hiding them? What if he sent death eaters to finish the job!" Harry said his eyes pleading. Saint Potter...Snape thought grumbling underneath his breath.

"As I have told you in the past, your Uncle and Aunt, as well as that pathetic worm of a cousin are all safe. Safer it seems than you." He said through his teeth. He wasn't about to tell Harry that he never intended for Harry to even see them again. Not after the stunt his uncle had pulled when Harry risked his life to save them. Nor with the vicious words and threats that coated the house where the Dursley's were currently being hidden. He stared at Harry for another moment before he turned and picked up the book he had thrown on his bed, he had meant to give it to Harry after the two had calmly accepted the fact that Harry was going to be bed ridden. Though it hadn't gone as smoothly as he wanted, Snape mused as he walked over to the bed. He held out the book.

"What's this?" Harry demanded bad temperedly. Heaving yet another sigh Snape grabbed one of Harry's hands and placed the book in it.

"It's a book Mr. Potter, I would think that you would be able to tell that yourself." He said smirking as anger lit Harry's eyes again. Then he turned walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked not that he actually cared.

"To teach Potter. I am not the one who is stuck in bed." He smirked, "And I wouldn't throw that book at me, because as you are stuck there due to your temper tantrum that book other than sleep is the only thing you'll be able to do. As I still have your wand and wont be returning it till at the earliest tomorrow morning." And with that he left the room.

Harry growled in his direction and pondered just for the hell of it throwing the book anyway. But, he restrained himself and set the book aside rearranging the pillows so that he was able to lean on them as well as the wall. Then he picked up the book. There was no title nor writing on the book and when he turned to the first page, he saw Snape's handwriting and a quill fell out into his lap.

Mr. Potter,

This book is going to be much like what a muggle would call a diary only different. I want you to write down any ideas you have, as I know you have many rolling around in that rarely used brain of yours. Be it pranks, or new potions. I want you to simply write without thinking. This is your chance Potter...to even dare I say it, though I know this will come as a shock to you...begin to plan out what ridiculous lessons for that little club you had last year. Though you and I will be having a talk in regards to that...

The point I make Harry is to write it doesn't need to make sense at first...just write...

S.Snape

 

Harry rolled his eyes, Snape needed a brain replacement...

"Mr. Longbottom if you add that ingredient you will end up exploding your cauldron." Snape said in a weary tone. Neville was surprisingly getting better at potions, though Snape suspected he knew why. The boy was constantly looking at a notebook, as if it was his lifeline. Slowly he walked by and recognized the handwriting on the page the boy had opened to...in fact he recognized the notebook as well.

"Mr. Longbottom..." He began and watched as Neville actually squeaked sliding off his chair. Still hasn't grown much of a backbone, Snape thought sadly.

"Yes..si-ir!" He squeaked picking himself off the floor.

"Where did you aquire that notebook?" he asked in a lower voice, he normally wouldn't have been kind enough to do so, but he also didn't want the whole class to know.

"Har-rrry gave it to me sir, the first night we came back sir. He said I'd find it usual as he already memorized everything he wrote down sir." Neville mumbled. Snape raised an eyebrow. Memorized? He walked over and plucked the notebook from the table and flipped to a few pages. Sure enough he saw potions that Potter had shown interest in during the summer. As well as, he mused any potion he might assign in class. Sighing and flipping back to the page he set it back in front of Neville and couldn't believe what he was about to do.

"Five points to Gryffindor Mr. Longbottom for being prepared for class." He said with a visable shudder. He quickly walked away and barked out at another Gryffindor who was messing up the potion. Neville stared in shock and turned to Hermione.

"Did Professor Snape just give me points?" he asked in utter shock. Hermione nodded slowly.

"Yes...he actually did." She said staring at the potions professor...

 

Harry lay silently on the bed, he was huddled over his Potion's book and the book Snape had given him was already well written in. The DA should also concern itself with other things besides defense, he thought as he gnawed on his lip. He was laying on his stomach bracing his weight on his arms slightly as he jotted down another healing potion he intended to teach the DA.

"You gave Longbottom the notebook you spent most of the summer filling." A voice stated.

"Mmhmm..." Harry responded absent mindly.

"To help him improve." The voice persisted.

"Thus the point of giving it to him in the first place." Harry said with a smirk.

"Is that so? And what is it your doing now?"

"Lesson Plans for the DA we need defense against the dark arts but we should concentrate on some healing potions and spells. If we go down we shouldn't rely on a healer being around when you actually need one." Harry said tapping his quill against his potions book.

"So you fully intend to start that little club again?"

"Yup.."

"You do realize anything you do must be cleared with my permission, I won't have a bunch of students flinging curses and such at you." Harry stopped and turned surprised to see Snape leaning in the door way an amused look on his face.

"You aren't going to argue with me about the DA?" he asked.

"With some changes I suppose I could. Does this mean you are done with your temper?" Snape asked. Harry rolled his eyes.

"I can see one day, but more than one, come on school just started can't you please cut me a break?" Harry pleaded. Snape shook his head as he walked into the room.

"No. You don't sleep in your own room, so at least I will know for a few more nights you actually do sleep, and that I can deal with your other injuries as well. I would think you'd prefer to be here than in the hospital wing again."

"You know...you are rapidly becoming an overprotect-"

"If I were you Mr. Potter I would not finish that sentence." Snape growled and Harry snickered as Snape walked to his bed.

"Oh but come on Uncle Severus it's so much fun to drink you the brink of insanity!" Harry said gleefully. Snape stared at him open mouthed.

"Potter! What did you just call me!" He shouted actually paling. Grinning outright now, Harry turned to sit his legs stretched out on the bed in front of him.

"What's the matter, I think it's rather endearing. I mean you are my guardian now right? So I can't just keep calling you Snape, or Professor, and Uncle Severus is cute. Or I could always call you Uncle Sevvy!!!" Harry said trying not to double over in laughter at the flabbergasted look on Snape's face. The man's eyes were practically popping out of his eyes in total shock at Harry.

"No...no and NEVER!" Snape shouted. Harry burst into laughter.

"What ever you say Uncle Sevvy."

"Potter! Do not call me that I mean it!" Snape thundered. Harry grinned mischievously at him.

"Why not!" he asked in mock hurt. Snape raised his hands then lowered them slowly growling as he did so.

"I am not your uncle Potter!" He snarled.

"Oh I know, my uncle is at some random location that you still refuse to tell me, but I'm going to stop bugging you about it." Harry said over cheerful. Snape narrowed his eyes.

"Is that so?" he said stiffly.

"Oh yes, I figure I'll just annoy you till you don't know up from down, left from right, front to back...and then you'll blabber exactly where they are." Harry said in an entirely serious tone of voice. Snape stared at him.

"Is this what you do to the Dark Lord?"

"Oh no...I go much worse with him. Then again, you didn't illegally change your name so I can't have a nice argument with you about that, and you keep forgetting to add the grease when you get up in the morning to your hair." Harry said. Snape let out a strangled sound.

"You know I read that if you bottle up all your emotions and don't let them out in the open-" Harry began but Snape slapped a hand over his mouth.

"Beyond going to see those scum you consider relatives what is it that you want." Snape hissed at him. Then he released Harry's mouth.

"I want to see Hermione, Ginny, Neville, Draco and Luna." Harry said simply smirking.

"Aren't most of those students the ones from your little club last year?"

"Yessss...so do I go on or can I see them?" Harry said his eyes sparkling, "Cause I mean I can point out so many similarities between you and Dumb-"

"Potter shut up!" Snape screeched, "I'll get them! Just stop talking!!"

"Yes Uncle Severus!" Harry piped in as the potion's master practically ran from the room. Harry doubled over in laughter. He blinked and looked at his clothes.

"Accio wand." He tried not really expecting it to work, but his wand flew into his hand. He quickly summoned one of the many outfits Cri and Draco forced him to get and slid out of his uniform. Sliding on the silver dragon tee, he mused, maybe he would actually ask Draco for some help with accessories after all if he was stuck being in fashion, he might as well go all the way. Pulling the black cargo pants on he waited. Half an hour later Snape walked into the room giving Harry an extremely cold look as he took down the wards surrounding the bed. He offered a hand, which Harry gratefully took.

"They are in the living room. I have other classes I need to teach, can I trust you not to get into trouble?" he asked in strained voice. Harry grinned at him.

"Draco's there, how could I possibly get into trouble?" he asked innocently. Snape sent him a dry look.

"With you Potter anything is possible."

"Aw that is just the sweetest thing anyone has ever told me! I heart you to Sevvy!" Harry grinned.

"Do not call me Sevvy, and what the heck does that mean ‘I heart'." Snape said as he led Harry into the living room. Harry waved cheerfully at his friends that were gathered there.

"Hi, thanks for coming, sorry that I had to send grumpy old Uncle Sevvy here, but he doesn't want me getting into trouble by walking around." He said brightly. Snape grabbed his chin.

"You and I are going to have a very long talk later Mr. Potter." Snape snarled and helped Harry to sit inbetween Ginny and Hermione, before he quickly excused himself. Harry beamed at the entire group.

"I have great news!"

"You and Snape are no longer going to fight again?" Hermione asked.

"You decided to run away and join a traveling circus?" Draco questioned with a smirk.

"Right on Draco! I'm going to be a knife thrower, and you can be the partner I throw the knives at!" Harry stated clapping his hands. Ginny laughed.

"You're starting the DA back up." She said softly. Harry turned and kissed her on the cheek.

"Brilliant this one, remind me to tell Ron when he speaks to me again that he's got a brilliant sister!" he declared.

"Harry...I thought you said Professor Donalie was a good teacher?" Neville asked, he was stuck sitting next to Draco as Luna had chosen to stand up and look around the room with the same dreamy smile she always had on her face.

"Cri is. But that doesn't make up for the fact that we have to be prepared, I'd rather over practice and learn everything I can than not know enough. Which brings me to the two changes, it's for the entire school, no matter what age or house." Harry stated.

"That's only one Harry." Luna said tilting her head to the side.

"The other is we are going to all start learning the basic things mediwitches and wizards know. We can't depend on healers we need to be able to help ourselves and each other on whatever battle field that may come. And yes that also requires us to learn certain potions." He added, both Ginny and Neville made faces. Draco smirked.

"So you came up with all this on your own? At random?"

"Yup. Course part of it came when good old Voldie had me tied to a alter and was using a charmed muggle whip to try and get me to join his merry little band." He waved away the gasps and worried faces. "It's life. I did learn something, he's scared, for some reason he has been after me to join him. In the worst way...which means what we did last year really scared him." Harry swallowed the pain he felt over Sirius quickly, he'd deal with it later right now he had to get the school into shape.

"We also need to get the school to actually be united." Ginny spoke up. Draco grinned at her.

"Let it be said there is only one stupid Weasley." He laughed as he said it. Ginny grinned.

"And let it be said not all Slytherins are slimly!" she giggled. Harry grinned at the two of them, then clapped his hands again.

"Right then, I figured since we are basically the main team of the DA. All of us..." he added when Neville opened his mouth to argue he wasn't.

"I know your good at Herbology so see what you can find out there to help with healing properties. Draco and I can concentrate on higher defense spells, and Ginny can figure out some of the lower ones we might have over looked. Luna see if you can causally spread the word see how many people we can get to join up. Hopefully Umbridge didn't scare the students to bad last year for them to stand up on their own. Hermione..."he said turning and she held up a hand.

"I know research healing spells, even though I saw you reading a whole book on them earlier last night," she said smirking as Harry blushed. "but I have a better standing with the Liberian she'll let me into the restricted section, especially as a prefect."

"Great! Now...I'd offer some cake and tea but I have no clue where Snape hid his kitchen." Harry said looking around. Draco snorted and stood to slap Harry on the head.

"We don't need cake, or tea. Now is there anything else in that brain of yours?"

"Hmm...no I think I used all my brain cells for the day. Fall out troops!" Harry said saluting. He earned raised brows from everyone.

"Harry..." Hermione began but he shook his head.

"Seriously that's what I needed to say, I mean if you want to stay and we can plan out the first lesson for our students that's fine by me but you don't have to."

"Like you even have to ask!" Ginny said rolling her eyes. Draco stood and went over to the bag and pulled out parchment and a ink bottle and a quill.

"Alright whose going to write everything we say down."

"Hermione!" Harry, Ginny, Luna and Neville said earning them one annoyed look from the sixth year Gryffindor.

"That's just because you are all to lazy." She huffed and sat on the floor as Draco moved the supplies over to her.

"Alright, I think we should review the spells we went over last year to start with. We are going to have to have different nights for each year." Harry stated.

"Which year do we start with?" Neville asked.

"Ours...and the meeting will be in two nights." Harry said and turned to look at Draco. "Can you get your Slytherin year mates to come?" Draco smirked.

"Oh yes, they don't want to make me mad." He grinned.

"Great this is going to a load of fun!" Harry said back into his cheerful manner, Draco leaned down next to Ginny.

"That boy needs a girlfriend." He said, she blushed and looked away.

"I don't have time Drake, what with lessons to plan, Psychopathic Snake men to dodge, and homework that needs to be done. It'll be a wonder if I have any me time." Harry sighed.

"Cut the theatrics Potter, no one in this room is actually going to feel sorry for you. Even when Snape doesn't let you play qudditch." Draco sneered. Harry grabbed the pillow that was on the couch and threw it at him.

"Oh I am playing this year...one way or another." He smiled evilly and Draco shook his head, Harry Potter...had to be insane.

To be continued...
End Notes:
please please please review!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1215