Ashes of the Phoenix by Solitare
Past Featured StorySummary: Sick and tired with the way the Dursleys were treating him, Harry decides he has had enough. Leaving the house he makes his way towards the Leaky Cauldron only to encounter the one person he didnt want to see...
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: No Word count: 79889 Read: 200162 Published: 02 Oct 2006 Updated: 23 Apr 2018
The Dream by Solitare
Author's Notes:
Here we go unbeta'd but hope you like it please review

Chapter 20: the Dream

 

Harry twisted in his bed, then his eyes opened slowly. The world was blurry and he reached over feeling on the end table for his glasses, slipping them on he froze. He was not in Snape's rooms, nor was he in Gryffindor Tower. He was in the hospital wing. What? Harry asked himself. Frowning he looked around and all blood drained from his face when he saw the figure that lay on the bed next to him, head covered in bandages, more on his arms his hands were completely wrapped and through the shirt there was more around the person's chest. Snape... Harry thought his body beginning to shake.

 

"Mr. Potter?" Professor Dumbledore's voice drifted over to Harry calling him out of the shock, turning Harry frowned at the headmaster.

 

"Professor what happened last thing I remember..." He began only to quiet into silence as the aged Headmaster made his way to Harry.

 

"We can discuss this in my office, get dressed I will wait outside." He said softly. Harry nodded dumbly and once the headmaster was out of sight, he stripped the pajamas he had been wearing and got dressed quickly in his uniform. Grabbing the wand that lay beside his bed he rushed out planning on bombarding Dumbledore with questions but was silenced with a look. Instead he found himself following him like a meek puppy. He felt his body shiver, this wasn't happening! Once they reached Dumbledore's office the headmaster gestured to a chair in front of his desk. Sitting down Harry struggled not to shiver again.

 

"Now...first thing, Severus will be fine Harry, I know the attack was frightening as is his appearance. No one ever thought they would dare to attack that village out side of his manor...there were a few deaths but not many. And before you hurl questions regarding Young Mr. Malfoy. He survived the curse but is in a coma at St. Mungo's the healers say once his body is healed he may regain consciences but they can not guarantee it." Dumbledore explained. Harry blinked in his ears he heard a buzzing but before he could recover Dumbledore pressed on sliding a piece of parchment towards Harry.

 

"I know you and Severus had just only gotten this to be official, but as...Severus will be out of commission for some time I am going to ask something very hard of you. I am asking you to return to the Dursley's for the summer Harry." He said softly. Harry felt his body grow cold as he picked up the piece of parchment he nearly dropped it...it was a certificate of adoption. Snape had adopted him...The world turned black and he felt hands squeezing on his shoulder.

 

"Harry I know all this comes as a shock, and Severus will still be your father he just is unable to take care of you right now I am sure he would understand." Dumbledore said trying to sooth him. Father...Snape adopted him as his son! Harry shivered again.

 

"Sir the attack...what happened it's all...foggy." He said struggling to see again. Dumbledore sighed.

"You and Mr. Malfoy had been shopping...for food I believe you wanted to surprise Severus as he has been stressed lately what with fighting for the adoption and struggling to get the Ministry to keep their hands out of your and his lives. Somehow a group of death Eaters discovered you and began to attack, naturally Severus had protection wards on you and Mr. Malfoy-"

 

"Draco! His name is Draco! If you can call me ‘Harry' then you can call him Draco." Harry all but snarled at the man. Meddling old coot....already messing with his life again. Dumbledore nodded squeezing Harry's shoulder again.

 

"Draco and you managed to dodge some of the hexes but more Death Eaters showed up and you and he began to be hit. He was hit by several powerful hexes which resulted in his current Condition, Severus arrived as well as the Weasley twins I believe , whom had taken Draco back here right away while Severus was trying to get to you. Once he got to you however...Voldemort himself showed up...he took a killing curse that was meant for you. But for some reason he survived when Aurors arrived they said you were holding him and creating a shield that only minor cutting curses were able to penetrate. Which is why you saw Severus covered in bandages. Does that help with your memory?" he asked. Harry nodded dumbly.

 

"Yes can I go sit with-"

 

"We must get you back to your aunt and uncle as quickly as possible." Dumbledore explained helping Harry stand. Harry frowned.

 

"Professor please!" he pressed, shaking his head Dumbledore smiled sadly at him.

 

"Harry my dear boy I really am sorry..." Dumbledore said then the scene froze. Frowning Harry looked around then saw a familiar face transparent walking towards him.

 

"It will happen...no matter what you do it will happen...but how severe will be up to you." He explained. Harry stared at the ghost who had already haunted his dreams.

 

"Who are you?!" He pressed. The man offered him a half smile.

 

"Salazar Slytherin." He said the smile going into a grin when Harry's jaw dropped.

 

"Rememeber young Gryffindor only you know how you can change fate." He said and the world went black.

 

A hand shook Harry's shoulder and he woke with a start, Snape frowned down at him.

 

"You should not be sleeping on the couch if you insist on sleeping in here at least you should go to the room I had the house elves prepare for you." He said in an exasperated voice. Harry stared at him, there was no sign of bandages and the Potion's master was very much infact awake. "Go to bed Mr. Potter." He commanded and headed back to the table where he had papers spread out. Harry sat there staring out into space....a dream...he thought with relief but it was short lived....a dream that would come true...

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1215