Unexpected Choices by LadyRickard
Summary: What happens when young Harry flees from his uncle's house to escape the abuse and neglect?

Simple he runs.... he's found... but of course who finds our little boy, none other than Snape. Will the cold hearted man give in and take the child with him or try to return him to his relatives. Only time will tell.

And wait, what if he does keep Harry, will things be rocky, or will Snape manage to look past the fact this child is the offspring of his most hated class mate, James Potter. With a little time and patience there may be hope for Harry after all.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Baby fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 7641 Read: 50871 Published: 16 Jan 2007 Updated: 20 Feb 2007
Chapter 2: A Stranger's Home by LadyRickard
Author's Notes:

//Disclaimer: Not now nor ever have I or will I own Harry Potter.//

\Warning: None in this chapter.\

Snape appeared in Snapdragon Manor tightly holding the young Harry Potter in his arms. Realizing that he was coddling his most headed classmate’s child he quickly deposited the boy on the floor. "Stay." His voice was cold and uncaring.

Tears still trickled down Harry’s cheeks. He had no clue where he was yet again and he was beginning to dislike this disappearing and reappearing in random places… it was strange. The poor kid dropped down to sit on the cold floor below him. He wanted to cry out and have someone rush to him and hold and cuddle with him… but in all honestly he had no one to call for. With his parents ‘gone’ and never once being able to cry for his aunt or uncle … he had no one left.

" ’Pider…" He whispered, again remembering his only friend.

His bottom lip trembled as Snape walked off to another room. Shouting could be heard… two people. Severus’s voice was the only one Harry could make out, the other he didn’t know. "Helwp…" He muttered, hoping the other voice was friendly.

The thought of running into the other room towards the unfamiliar voice crossed his mind, but Harry was really just too scared. He was in a totally different world from what he was use to.

Just then Snape and an old man walked in. Harry’s eyes widened. He looked like… a grandpa type person. Slowly the boy tried to inch away from the other two men. Dumbledore glanced down, "Ah, Harry, M’boy." He said softly kneeling down. "Harry, I highly doubt you remember me, but my name is Dumbledore… I knew your parents. Don’t worry, I’m not going to hurt you."

The elder man spoke in a soft gentle voice the entire time, but spoke not as if towards a young child, more like towards an old friend. Harry blinked a few times as if trying to take in what had been said. " ’Umble-ore…?" He questioned.

Albus chuckled lightly reaching out to pick up the child. Harry flinched but let him. Once holding the boy he stood back up to face Snape. "Severus…" He began in a solemn tone; "I need you to keep him for a fe- " he was cut off.

"Oh, bloody hell no!" Snape shouted, only to receive a glare from the headmaster. "Harry needs a place to stay, M’boy… I can’t keep him, and he is already here." Albus tried reasoning.

"No." Severus stated crossing his arms over his chest. "I refuse to take care of that child. No, Albus, He can’t stay here. No."

"Severus, let him stay just tonight, I will return tomorrow with Minerva." With that said, Dumbledore set Harry down on the floor and apperated out of the Manor before Snape had time to retaliate.

Harry had gotten comfortable with the strange grandfather like man holding him and now that he was left alone on the floor with the scary dark man his eyes welded up with tears once more. Snape on the other hand was shocked at what had just happened. "Bloody hell…" He grumbled turning to head into the other room.

"No go…" Harry whispered reaching out towards Snape.

Severus paused, but refused to turn and face the boy. This was odd indeed. Neither one had a connection to the other, but for some reason Harry didn’t want the man to leave… he didn’t want to be alone. "Pwease, no go… no weave me…." He said though sobs.

Deciding to ignore the child, Snape continued through the doorway and into the hall, heading towards his lab. Harry simply stared wide-eyed in shock as the man walked off. Now he was all alone in an unknown place. His sniffling suddenly became much louder and dramatic. It was normal for a child to cry, but this was just out done. Harry couldn't make up his mind to if he'd rather be here by himself or back home with his relatives, he was so scared.

Snape sat in his lab, just sitting there lost in his own thoughts. He wanted to return the boy, but was not one to go against Dumbledore’s wishes. How he detested the boy… Finally about thirty minutes later he rose and walked back to where he had left Harry. To his surprise the child was still sitting in the same place crying. ‘Strange…What’s with this kid?’ He questioned himself.

Harry had not noticed Severus enter the room so remained in his little ball with tears streaking down his face. A moment later he managed to accidentally catch site of the Potions Master. "Uh!" He grunted reaching both arms out. It wasn’t that he wanted this man to comfort him… he just wanted held.

Snape did not acknowledge the boy; instead he pulled out his wand. Pointing it at the nearby coffee table he transfigured it into a sturdy wooden crib for Harry. "There." He stated blankly, turning to point his wand towards the child.

Without a word Harry was levitated into the air and deposited in the crib. "Now sleep, boy. You go back to your Aunt and Uncle in the morning."

"Nooo! No, no unco! No unco an’ aun’ ." Harry shouted standing up in the crib, "No!!" Tears were now face in his eyes once more. Snape glared at him, taking a step closer so the boy could see his face. "Quiet! I said Sleep. Now!" He said loudly in a harsh tone.

Little Harry crinkled up his face and plopped down in the bed. Being confined to an area was normal for him, but the crib was so out in the open… he felt vulnerable. " ‘Pider!!" He cried, wanting his only friend back. Oh how he hated being alone.

With that Severus turned and walked off to finished some stuff in his lab and then retire to bed. If he was luck he could return the boy as soon as possible, though he Thereally didn’t expect Dumbledore to return until tomorrow night.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1264