Unexpected Choices by LadyRickard
Summary: What happens when young Harry flees from his uncle's house to escape the abuse and neglect?

Simple he runs.... he's found... but of course who finds our little boy, none other than Snape. Will the cold hearted man give in and take the child with him or try to return him to his relatives. Only time will tell.

And wait, what if he does keep Harry, will things be rocky, or will Snape manage to look past the fact this child is the offspring of his most hated class mate, James Potter. With a little time and patience there may be hope for Harry after all.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Baby fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 7641 Read: 50797 Published: 16 Jan 2007 Updated: 20 Feb 2007
Chapter 3: The Truth by LadyRickard
Author's Notes:

//Disclaimer: Not now nor ever have I or will I own Harry Potter.//

\Warning: Child Abuse Implied.\

Harry had lay in bed and cried most of the night, getting very little sleep. It was probably around six a.m. when Snape finally entered the room. The child was still sleeping at that point but not for long. "Potter! Wake up. I want you ready to go by the time Dumbledore gets here." He said in loud voice, easily startling the boy.

Tears instantly welted up in Harry’s eyes as he sat upright. "Where Mac?" he mumbled aloud. Snape ignored the boy’s babbling and walked towards him. This was the first time he’d really gotten the chance to see the child. It was a terrible site indeed. Harry was in clothes easily two or three sizes to big for him, he was dirty, and there was a random array of scratches and bruises on him.

The Potions Master’s eyes narrowed for a moment. ‘What the…?’ This is not what he had expected the spoiled brat of James Potter to look like. Why did he look like he’d been living on the streets, surely his family had given him everything and more that he could ever dream of. Little did he know it was quite the opposite.

"Where mah ’pider?" Harry asked as Snape approached.

"Boy, what are you carrying on about? What bloody spider?" He asked, being sure to emphasize the correct way to say spider.

"Mac. Mah s’ider" Little Harry tried to explain, "he’s mah fwriend."

"Potter, I haven’t the slightest clue what you are speaking of." With that said Snape leaned in pulling Harry out of the crib, but being sure to hold him as far from him as he could. With both hands under the boy’s arms he proceeded to take the boy to the kitchen keeping him arms length away.

Harry squirmed a little only to receive a very nasty glare, and then he stopped. Once they reached the kitchen he was set roughly down on the floor and Snape moved towards the table. "Come. Sit."

The child still rather confused stayed where he was. Nervously he fidgeted with his hands until he hear Snape’s booming voice once more, "Potter, I told you to sit! Now get over here and sit down at the table."

Harry flinched and then rapidly made his way to a chair. With much effort he finally managed to climb into the tall seat. Once there he sat up on his knees with his hands down in his lap. ‘For a spoiled brat he sure seems to have manners…’ Snape thought to himself.

In no time the house elf had breakfast laid out on the table. Harry sat there silently, unmoving. He really wasn’t sure if he could take anything or not. He may be young but once you are smacked everything to try to take food you quit. Even a two year old can get that burned into their heads after a long period of time. Snape glanced up at the boy to see him just sitting there. "Well, eat already, boy. I don’t have all day. If you don’t eat now, you’ll wait until the next meal." He stated blatantly.

Really not wanting to wait until lunch, Harry reached out and took a biscuit setting it down on his plate. He sat there a moment to make sure it wouldn’t be taken away and then started pulling it apart. Snape sat watching the child for a moment but shook it off and continued eating. By the time breakfast was finish Harry had eaten a biscuit and a piece of bacon, nothing more. His milk was only half drank and he had quickly got up and fled the room once Snape finished eating.

"Stupid, brat." Severus muttered under his breath and he walked off to find where the boy had run off to.

Harry was crawling along the floor sticking close to the wall. " ’pider… ‘piders?" he called out as if he were looking for something.

"Potter, come here."

Harry, startled, looked up to see the Potions Master standing only a few yards from him. "Mmm?" he replied.

"No! You will answer ‘Yes, sir" is that clear?" Snaped asked, well more demanded of the child.

Harry’s bottom lip stuck out a bit as he pouted. ‘Finally, the little spoiled brat is going to throw a fit.’ He thought to himself, glad to finally see Potter truly was a spoiled little brat.

Tears slowly filled the boy’s eyes as he nodded his head, "Y-y-yess, swir." He said in a shaky voice. As if on cue his eyes hit the floor and he stared at his feet waiting for the reprimand to continue.

A little unnerved Snape said nothing. "Ar…are you dunna hit meh?" Harry asked softly squinting his eyes shut just incase the blow came now.

This question surely took the older man off guard. ‘Where on earth did he get that idea?’ Snape questioned himself. "As much as I would like to, Potter, no I am not going to hit you."

Severus crossed his arms over his chest and stood there eyeing the boy up and down. Obviously something was wrong here. This boy is nothing like his father was. Why isn’t he into things and causing mayhem, or chaos? Why isn’t he noisy and annoying, bratty and arrogant? No, this couldn’t be The Harry Potter.. No not James Potters son.

Sadly, Harry continued to stand there and cry. He crying seemed to get a little harder when Snape mentioned wanting to hit him. His body trembled lightly. "Potter, calm down." He said much more softer then normal.

"You need cleaned up, we have visitors coming soon, and then we shall return you home."

"Noo! No home!" Harry shouted stubbornly. He even stomped his foot for added effect.

"Well, well… quiet the attitude there, Mr. Potter." Snape said coarsely, "We shall just have to deal with that now wont we." Without another word Harry was levitated up and over to his crib.

"You can just stay there and calm down then. We shall clean you up later." With that said, Snape turned and headed towards his lab once more. He wanted to do a few things before he had to deal with his unwanted company once more.

To be continued...
End Notes:

Ha, alright it’s bit short yet again, but it’s a good ending place for now and gives me an easy place to pick up on. Enjoy this and hopefully the next chapter will be up just as soon.

*Lady Rickard*



This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1264