Never Normal by Alexis8907
Summary: 10 year old Harry is kidnapped along with his aunt and cousin after Vernon finds money that belonged to powerful people. Snape eventually steps in to save the day. Severus later adopts Harry though a ritual to make Harry his biological son. Harry just wants to be normal but that isn't possible with escaped convict Sirius Black on the loose! Harry's first year at Hogwarts but with a slight twist to it.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Other, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Kidnapped, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: Adventures of Alec Snape
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 46585 Read: 144442 Published: 02 May 2007 Updated: 08 Sep 2007
Quidditch by Alexis8907

“Welcome to the first Quidditch match of the year—Slytherin versus Ravenclaw!!” Lee Jordan announced to the cheering crowd.

“Captains shake hands,” Madam Hooch instructed. Zachary stretched his hand out to meet the hand of Marcus Flint, the Slytherin team’s fifth year captain. Madam Hooch tossed the Quaffle in the air and blew her whistle to let the game begin.

“Ravenclaw is first to get the Quaffle. Bentley passes to Melany as they near the goal. Melany looks like he is about to shoot but drops the Quaffle to Watson who is flying below and she catches. She shoots and scores!! Ravenclaw 10, Slytherin 0!” Lee Jordan broadcasted to the roaring crowd. “Slytherin is now in possession of the Quaffle. Ravenclaw beater Thompson smacks the bludger at the Slytherin who drops the Quaffle to avoid being hit. Bentley catches the Quaffle and shoots but the hoops are saved by the Slytherin keeper. Slytherin is once again in possession….”

Alec circled the field as his eyes frantically searched for the small golden snitch. Slytherin seeker Terence Higgs trailed after Alec for a while. Alec became annoyed and decided to shake him off. He dove down as if he saw the snitch and Higgs wasted no time in following. The ground was getting closer and closer but Alec continued to dive with Higgs right on his tail. Alec pulled up before he got too close to the ground but the Slytherin wasn’t as lucky. Higgs’ broom was older, therefore he wasn’t able not able to pull out of the dive completely. The Slytherin lost his balance and fell onto the Quidditch pitch. The crowd laughed at this sight, especially since he had been outsmarted by a first year. Higgs scowled and climbed back onto his broom and took off, thankfully leaving Alec alone.

Alec continued to search for the winged ball and finally caught sight of the golden flash. It was near the ground so he once again took off in a dive. The Slytherin seeker hesitated, thinking it was another trick, but then he too spotted the snitch. Alec was a lot closer and was the first to reach the golden ball. Alec wrapped his fingers around the struggling snitch and pulled out of the dive, clutching it tightly.

“Ravenclaw wins!! Alec Snape has caught the snitch!” Lee Jordan shouted. Three fourths of the school cheered loudly since the Ravenclaw team has not beaten the Slytherin team in a very long time. The Ravenclaws headed off towards the locker room to change before going back to their dormitory, where a small celebration party was about to begin. The team was ecstatic that they managed to beat the Slytherins and that it was a first year who caught the snitch.

The Ravenclaw party turned out to be bigger than expected but it ended at a reasonable time. Most Ravenclaws congratulated Alec for his performance and some students apologized for automatically thinking the worst of him since his father was Snape.

The following morning, Alec awoke and belatedly realized that it was Halloween. Normally this was an average day but now he knew that his parents died on it years ago. He went about his usual routine, trying not to think about the parents he never knew. Classes seemed to go extremely slowly for the young Ravenclaw who was lost in thought. Even in potions, Alec was not fully concentrating and managed to ruin his potion, but at least he didn’t cause an explosion. His father noticed Alec’s preoccupied behavior and cast a few discreet worried glances his way.

“Mr. Snape, please remain behind.” Severus requested as the bell sounded. Alec reluctantly lingered in the classroom as his friends left with the rest of the class to eat dinner.

Once everyone was gone, Severus spoke again, “What is wrong?”

Alec shrugged but his father gave him a look that meant he better say something. “It’s Halloween today. Well… I guess I have just been thinking about life and what it could have been like it they never died.” Alec replied with emphasis on they, in reference to his real parents.

“I see. Try not to think about how things could have been and enjoy things as they are.” Severus advised. “Why don’t you go eat in the Great Hall? The Halloween feast will be starting soon. I have work to complete before I attend the feast.” Alec nodded and gathered up his belongings before heading out the dungeon door. The corridor was empty and rather quiet since just about everyone was already at the feast.

He was almost out of the dungeons when the hair on the back of his neck stood up. Alec turned around quickly with his wand in his hand and tried to put up a shield to prevent a red curse from hitting him. His shield failed and the curse struck him. He caught sight of a Slytherin robe patch before his vision turned black. Without vision, his other senses kicked into overdrive as he attempted to protect himself from the unknown attacker. Alec used a few basic reversal spells in attempt to remove the blinding curse but it was no use. He turned towards his attacker as he heard the approaching footsteps. Before he could react, another spell hit him. This one silenced him so there was nothing he could do to call for help. His wand was torn from his grasp and he heard it skid across the corridor, too far for him to get to. His attacker pulled him into an abandoned classroom and proceeded to lock the door. Alec gasped when he was suddenly kicked, but no sound came out.

“Stupid little first year.” The mysterious person muttered angrily. “Embarrassed… front… entire school…” Alec only heard portions of the muttered words but he could tell that it was a male and he did not recognize the voice. Alec then felt the person step on the fingers of his right hand in attempt to break them. Alec tried to use his left hand to shove the foot off but he was kicked in the jaw. His mouth snapped shut and he barely managed to avoid biting his tongue. The first year tried to fight back but the person was larger than he was and stronger. Once the attacker was sure Alec’s right fingers were broken, he kicked the boy two more times before he was satisfied. Alec remained on the floor clutching his hand and hoping his father would come looking for him soon.

 

..................................................... 

Severus finished his work before stalking to the Great Hall for the Halloween feast. He arrived and searched for the familiar face of his son and was disappointed to note that Alec was not present. The feast began and Severus kept glancing around in hope of his son walking in late but the young boy never showed up. Severus used a spell that showed Alec’s location when he was wearing his pendant and was surprised to see that Alec was not in his common room skipping out on the meal. The boy appeared to be in an abandoned classroom, which did not make sense. Severus frowned and stood up to exit the Great Hall. He stalked to the classroom quickly and noted that there were wards locking the door from the outside. That fact really made him worry so he pulled out his wand and cast a spell that blasted the door open.

 

......................................................

Alec heard the sound of the door blasting open and heard the rushed footsteps that came up to him and a hand was placed on his shoulder. Alec shed away from the touch but when he heard his father’s voice, he rushed into the man’s arms.

“Alec?” The boy held onto his father tightly. Severus pulled out his wand and sent a message to the headmaster to meet him with Madam Pomfrey. He scooped the boy up and rushed to the Hospital Wing where the Headmaster and healer were already waiting.

Severus placed the boy on the bed and turned to the Headmaster with a furious expression on his face. “The person who did this will have detention with me every night for the rest of the year.”

The Headmaster nodded solemnly. “Do you know what happened?” Severus shook his head negatively. Madam Pomfrey chose that moment to walk over. “How is he?” The headmaster questioned.

“All the fingers in his right hand are broken and he has a few bruises. He will need to take it easy for the next few days. He should be well enough to be released by tomorrow.” Madam Pomfrey explained. Severus went over to sit by Alec’s bed while the Headmaster and healer conversed.

“What happened?” Severus quietly asked his adopted son.

Alec turned towards his father and moved his lips but no words came out. Severus immediately understood and cast a reversal spell that allowed Alec to speak again.

“I can’t see,” Alec whispered as he turned to look towards his father. “I can’t see.” Alec replied, although it was slightly hysterical at this point. Severus pulled out his wand and tried reversal spells but none worked. The potions master finally reversed the spell with a dark, but not illegal, counter-curse.

Alec held onto his father as several tears leaked down his face. Severus held the boy until he fell in an exhausted sleep. Severus turned to the Headmaster and healer who were still present.

“Someone used a blinding and silencing spell on my son.” He growled out. “The blinding spell leads me to believe that it may have been one of my Slytherins. That spell is not commonly found in books, which leads me to assume that it came from a personal library.”

Madam Pomfrey summoned a scroll of parchment from her office and handed it to the head of Slytherin. “I was intending to give this to you earlier today. I am low on these potions and I would appreciate it you could brew them for me.” The healer handed over a list of several commonly used potions.

The potions master took a deep breath, in attempt to calm down. “I shall get started on these as soon as I reach the lab. Alert me immediately if there are any changes in his health.” Madam Pomfrey nodded as Severus swept out of the Hospital Wing and the Headmaster left shortly after.

The young boy had fallen into a restless sleep but it did not last for long when he awoke to someone cursing about a tree. At first, Alec thought he was dreaming because it did not make sense for someone to be upset with a tree, but then it dawned on him that some magical trees hit back. He slowly opened one eye and let out a quiet gasp at the man making his way across the infirmary. The man heard the gasp and pointed his wand at the boy.

“Not a sound,” intruder warned as he approached the young boy. Alec stared into the blue eyes of Sirius Black as the man drew near. The escaped convict seemed to have a few shallow cuts and several bruises that were forming, from what Alec guessed was the tree that the man was cursing about. The convict pulled Alec to his feet and hauled the young boy towards the potions cabinet. With a flick of the wrist and a few well chosen words, the cabinet wards fell and it opened.

“You had better know your potions.” The man muttered. “Which of these is a basic healing potion?” Alec raised a shaky hand and pointed to a light blue colored potion. “You had better be right or else…” He left the threat hanging as he downed the substance. The potion took effect and the cuts began to heal.

“You are Snape’s kid right?” The boy nodded slightly. The convict let out a bark-like laughter. “I never thought Snape would have a kid.” He was about to say more when he heard the door open. He pulled Alec closer and turned towards the opening door.

“Snivellus…” Black called out at the man who entered. Severus stopped his movement and turned sharply towards the speaker with his wand in hand. His first reaction was to curse the person who called him that cursed name but the hex died on his lips when he saw his son.

“Black,” Severus hissed as he partially lowered his wand.

“Not going to curse me?” Black asked mockingly. “Would it be because your son is right here?”

“What do you want?” Severus asked through clenched teeth.

“I didn’t get a trial. I want one.”

“What good would that be?” Severus sneered at the man. “You would still be convicted as a murderer.”

“Did you tell them what I said last time?” Black asked Alec as he gripped the young boy’s shoulder.

“Y-yes,” Alec timidly replied.

“If you would actually listen once in a while Snape, then you’d realize that it wasn’t me! I wasn’t their Secret Keeper! It was Peter!” Black cried out in frustration. Snape just sneered at the man again and tightened the hold on his wand.

“I think I will hold onto your brat until you get me that trial.” Black informed the enraged potions master.

“No. Leave him out of this.” Severus said in a steely tone as he glared at the man holding his son.

“Aw… isn’t that sweet. Snivellus would rather sacrifice himself than his son. I never knew you had a heart.” Black ridiculed. “Get rid of the wand then.”

“Let him go first.” Severus commanded.

“No. He’d take off and alert someone before I make it out of here. Get rid of the wand.” Snape scowled but complied and tossed his wand away and it rolled under a bed. Before Severus could say or do anything, Black stunned him and everything went black.

The convict laughed as Snape fell to the ground and muttered things under his breath about the man. The escapee wrote a note and left it on Alec’s bed before hauling the boy towards his father. He turned the empty potions bottle into a portkey and all three disappeared from the hospital wing.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1314