Never Normal by Alexis8907
Summary: 10 year old Harry is kidnapped along with his aunt and cousin after Vernon finds money that belonged to powerful people. Snape eventually steps in to save the day. Severus later adopts Harry though a ritual to make Harry his biological son. Harry just wants to be normal but that isn't possible with escaped convict Sirius Black on the loose! Harry's first year at Hogwarts but with a slight twist to it.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Other, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Kidnapped, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: Adventures of Alec Snape
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 46585 Read: 144441 Published: 02 May 2007 Updated: 08 Sep 2007
Unlocking Doors by Alexis8907

Harry slowly opened his eyes and surveyed his surroundings. He was in a plain room with nothing other than the bed that he was currently on. He stood up and paused to get over the momentary dizzy spell. Harry walked over to the door in hopes of finding it unlocked by some random chance. He was disappointed because it was in fact locked. Harry knew he had to get out of there, but he wasn’t sure how he would make it out of the room with the door locked. Harry stilled his movements when he heard the door give a slight click. At first, he thought it was a person unlocking his door to come in, but no one entered after a moment of waiting. Harry tried to open the door again and found it unlocked this time.

Harry peeked out of the door and assumed that this was another one of those freaky things that seemed to happen to him. The hallway was empty and slightly dark which meant that it was still night. He heard two voices conversing down one side of the hall and decided that his best chance at escaping was to go in the other direction. Walking as quiet as he could, Harry made his way down to the end of the hall. He was just creeping around the corner when he heard a shout behind him.

“Hey! One of the kids got out!” A dark haired man yelled to his companion in the other room. Harry took off running once he had been spotted. He ran past a few rooms but was unable to run any further when a pair of arms shot out of an open doorway and grabbed him.

“Let me go!” Harry said as he struggled to get away from the man. But the guy just picked up the small black haired boy and slammed him against the wall. Harry was dazed for a moment but began struggling again. He managed to kick the villain right in a very sensitive place which pissed the rogue off.

“You little shit!” The man yelled before slapping Harry on the face. He raised his hand to strike Harry again but it was intercepted by a blond haired man called Alexander, who was the boss of this whole kidnapping. “That will be enough”, said Alex.

Jason, the man holding Harry, let go and Harry scrambled backwards into the corner, as far away as he could get from the men.

“Come here boy.” Alex ordered. Harry stayed where he was and continued staring at the men with wide fearful eyes. Jason grabbed Harry by his hair and pulled him over towards Alex. “How did you get out of your room?” Alex questioned the frightened boy.

“Answer him!” Jason demanded when Harry did not respond. He pulled on Harry’s hair a bit more and caused the boy to let out a quiet whimper of pain.

“I-I don’t know.” Harry stammered out. “The door was locked at first and then it wasn’t locked anymore.” It was as simple as that to him but to these men, it was complicated because that meant that one of them had to have unlocked it. Suddenly there was a loud pounding on the doors and the sounds of pathetic wailing down the hall that was coming from Dudley.

“Let me out of here! I want my mum!” Dudley began demanding. “I’m hungry! Get me some food!” Dudley continued demanding various things from the kidnappers, who were not about to cater to his demands. Shortly after Dudley began his wailing, a shrill voice began yelling. It seemed that everyone was now awake.

“Dudley? Sweetums… Is that you?” Petunia nearly shouted through the door. “I demand to see my son at once!!” She was in no position to demand anything but yet she demanded anyway.

Alexander pulled Harry away from Jason before giving out orders. “Both of you shove that fat boy in the room with his mother so he will shut up.” Jason and Ryan, the dark haired man who noticed Harry creeping down the hall, went over to Dudley’s room while Alex marched Harry towards his Aunt’s room. The man unlocked her door and lightly pushed Harry inside.

“What are you doing here boy?! I don’t want him! I want to see my son!” Petunia continued demanding. She did not seem to know when to stop.

“Will you shut up already?!” Alexander yelled exasperated. “Your son will be here in a second. Just shut up and wait!” Alexander slammed the door, clearly annoyed with her shrilly voice.

When Alex slammed the door, she turned her attention to her nephew. “This is all your fault isn’t it? What have you done to get us in this mess?” As she spoke, she decreased the distance between them until Harry found himself against the wall, with nowhere to go and a very angry aunt in front of him.

“I didn’t do anything!” Harry defended himself. It was no use because as usual, everything was blamed on him.

“You little liar!” She shrieked as she slapped him across the face. “I knew we never should have kept you! We should have taken Marge’s advice and drowned you after you arrived on out doorstep.” She backhanded him and her wedding ring cut into his cheek.

The door opened behind them and Petunia turned away from her nephew to see two men dragging her son into the room. “Dudley!” She exclaimed. Harry slid down the wall and into the corner to watch as Petunia checked over her son to make sure he was okay. Dudley was making the whole situation entirely too dramatic with his whining and sniveling about everything. Harry was jealous over the fact that his aunt cared so much for her own son but could not find time to care at all for her nephew.

The door was once again locked and trapped them all in this room together. Harry continued to sit in the corner while Petunia fussed over Dudley. Eventually Dudley grew annoyed with it and walked away from her. The room was just as plain as the others and there was not much to see. Dudley immediately spotted Harry curled in the corner. He was about to begin taunting his cousin when the door opened again.

“I brought some food and water.” Ryan said simply as he tossed each of them a bag of chips and a bottle. Dudley immediately tore into his bag of chips and Ryan left the room. Harry opened his water bottle and took a few tentative sips. Dudley finished the small bag of chips quickly and spotted Harry’s untouched bag. He went up to Harry and snatched it from him.

“Hey! That’s my food!” Since Harry was punished this morning, he had not been able to eat anything since yesterday and was rather hungry. Harry jumped up in attempt to grab the bag but Dudley shoved him and he fell. There was a slight cracking sound when Harry fell and his left index finger was now slightly bent in the wrong direction. Tears gathered in Harry’s eyes as he struggled not to cry out. Dudley laughed and ended up tripping over his own feet on the way back to the bed. The fat boy began wailing again and Petunia rushed over to him to help him. The sound of Dudley’s loud wailing caused Alexander and Ryan to rush into the room.

“What the hell is going on here?” Alexander demanded when he surveyed the room. Petunia ignored him and went back to fussing over Dudley, who did not even have any tears in his eyes since he was just faking it for attention. Alex went over to the small boy huddled in the corner who was not looking at anyone. He placed his hand on Harry’s shoulder and Harry flinched away from him. “What’s wrong kid?” Alex asked somewhat softly. After all, Alex had a family of his own so he wasn’t completely coldhearted. Harry did not say anything but he just continued to clutch his injured hand tightly.

“Get that boy out of here because all he does is cause problems for my little Dudders!” Petunia shouted as Alex was crouched near Harry. Alex did not reply but he helped Harry stand up before leading him out of the room just before Ryan locked the door again.

“Sit.” Alex said simply and pointed to a chair in the kitchen where the led Harry. Harry sat and Alex pulled an ice pack out of the freezer and handed it to the young boy. “Put this on your finger.” Harry complied and the ice helped just a bit with the pain.

“Thank you.” Harry whispered. This man may have kidnapped him, but he gave Harry an ice pack for his hand and that was something that his relatives have never done for him before. Alex sat there and studied the young boy before him. He was very skinny, unlike his overly large cousin, and appeared to be wearing his cousin’s old clothes since they were many sizes larger than Harry. As he studied Harry, he noticed a small recent cut on his face. He picked up a wash cloth and went over to Harry to wash off the small amount of dry blood. He lifted the cloth up to Harry’s face and the small boy flinched again. He moved slowly to not startle Harry again and lightly washed away the dried blood.

“Where are your parents and why are you living with those horrid people?” Alexander questioned slightly curious. He did not really expect Harry to answer and was surprised when the boy did answer.

“They died when I was one. The Dursleys are the only family I have left.” Harry said quietly before looking up into the hazel eyes of the man sitting before him. At that moment, Harry’s stomach decided to let out a little growl signifying that he was hungry. Harry turned somewhat red and looked away from the blond man.

“Hungry are we?” Alex asked slightly amused and began looking around for some food and he eventually found some leftover pizza in the refrigerator. He gave Harry a piece and ate a piece for himself. Harry took tentative bits from the pizza and barely managed to finish the whole piece since he was used to eating such small meals. Harry yawned as it was now around ten in the evening.

“Come on kid. Let’s get you to your room so you can sleep.” Alexander led Harry to the room and gave him a blanket to keep warm. “Night kid.” Alex said as he closed and locked the door. He learned against the frame and sighed. It was getting hard for him to remember that this was all part of the job and that he shouldn’t get attached to the kid just because he felt bad for him. He double checked the locks on both doors before going to bed himself.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1314