Never Normal by Alexis8907
Summary: 10 year old Harry is kidnapped along with his aunt and cousin after Vernon finds money that belonged to powerful people. Snape eventually steps in to save the day. Severus later adopts Harry though a ritual to make Harry his biological son. Harry just wants to be normal but that isn't possible with escaped convict Sirius Black on the loose! Harry's first year at Hogwarts but with a slight twist to it.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Other, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Kidnapped, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: Adventures of Alec Snape
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 46585 Read: 144442 Published: 02 May 2007 Updated: 08 Sep 2007
Wizards, Witches and Toads by Alexis8907

Time seemed to go extremely slow for the rest of the day. Harry stayed in the room reading the magazine for a while before taking a nap.

“Hey kid. Wake up. It’s time to go now. We’ve got a bit of a drive until we get there.” Harry slowly sat up and Alex handed his glasses. Harry placed them on and everything became much more focused. “Luckily, your aunt and cousin are still out of it. They will probably be up soon but we will be in the car by then. Come on, let’s get you in the van.” Alexander led the small raven-haired boy to out of the house. He allowed Harry to sit on the seats, unlike his aunt and cousin, who were tied up in the back still under the effects of chloroform. Harry placed his seat belt on as Ryan started up the car. Luckily Alex was the one sitting next to him rather than Jason, who was placed up front.

They drove for about two hours with only one stop for food and gas. Petunia and Dudley had woken up but they were gagged so that they were not able to talk or complain, which they would surely be doing by now. It was about a quarter to twelve at night when they arrived on Privet Drive. It would be better to have the exchange at night so that it was less likely for them to be seen. Ryan pulled the van into the garage, which was left open for them as Vernon was instructed earlier on the phone. The garage closed when Ryan hit the button and it was finally time for the exchange.

............................

Vernon had attempted to make himself comfortable but that was very difficult for him with a fully trained wizard sitting calmly on his couch. They both sat in silence for quite a while until Vernon decided to turn on the TV to help alleviate some of the tension in the room. While Vernon watched television, Severus pulled out a book that he happened to have with him and read. The time passed extremely slowly but it was finally nearing midnight. At 11:30, Vernon opened the garage like he was directed to and went back inside.

They heard a car pulling in the garage at approximately 11:45. “I will perform a spell on myself so that you will not see me. I will still be here. Do not tell any of them that I have been here or that I am still here. I will not say nor do anything unless my presence is required. Is that clear Mr. Dursley?” Severus asked in his usual authoritative voice. Vernon merely nodded his head in agreement and watched as Severus pulled out his wand and cast the spell to make him invisible. Just after the spell was performed, the door that led to the garage opened.

............................

Petunia, Dudley, and Harry were led in as Alexander, Ryan and Jason followed shortly after. Vernon was standing a short bit away carrying the briefcase.

“Open the briefcase.” Alexander commanded. Vernon complied and proved that there was in fact a large sum of money in the briefcase that originally belonged to Alex. “Place the briefcase on the table now.” Vernon did as he was told and Alex motioned for Ryan to grab the briefcase.

“It’s all there.” Ryan said shortly after he inspected the briefcase and estimated whether or not the correct amount was in there. Alex nodded his head in acceptance and let Petunia and Dudley rush over towards Vernon. Harry calmly walked away from Alex, obviously not in a hurry to see his uncle.

“Let’s get out of here.” Alexander said as they prepared to leave.

“We can’t just leave them as witnesses!” Jason shouted. He grabbed Harry, who was the closest hostage. “They could call the police and get us arrested!” Jason pulled out a familiar switchblade that he had taken back from Alex earlier that day.

Snape chose that moment to appear and he summoned the knife away from Jason. Everyone in the house, except Vernon, stood shocked at the sight of a man that appeared out of nowhere. Silence descended upon the household after another shock of witnessing the knife flying over to the mysterious man.

“Come over here Mr. Potter.” Snape said in a deadly tone that practically dared anyone to move or do otherwise. Harry hesitated and then started to walk over.  Jason grabbed Harry by the hair before he could walk any further.

“Who the hell are you?!” Jason demanded as he held onto Harry. “What the hell just happened?!” Snape didn’t answer but instead, he just murmured a few words and pointed what appeared to be a stick, at Jason. There was a slight pop sound behind Harry and the hands holding him were now gone. Harry turned around and saw a slimy toad sitting on the kitchen floor.

“Whoa.” Harry said after a moment of continued silence. “How did you do that?”

“Magic.” Severus answered simply.

“Magic is real?” Harry asked eagerly.

“Yes it is real. You didn’t know this already?” Severus asked, slightly confused, but not showing it, to the reason why the savior of the wizarding world did not know magic existed. He turned towards Harry’s relatives, all whom were looking rather pale. Severus raised an eyebrow waiting for an explanation from them.

“W-we were waiting until he was eleven to tell him.” Petunia stuttered fearfully.

A polite cough sounded from near the garage. Everyone turned towards Alex and Ryan, who were watching silently.

“So this -magic- is real? My daughter does these funny things sometimes. Does that mean she is a wizard or something?” Alex asked curiously.

“The correct term would be witch. When she turns eleven, she will receive a letter if she has been accepted into Hogwarts.” Severus said simply.

“So what is going to happen to Jason over there?” Alexander inquired. “Personally, I believe he is an asshole and wouldn’t mind if you left him that way. It’s not like anyone will miss him anyways.” He added.

“Then I shall just leave him as a toad.” Severus said with a slight smirk.

“What is going to happen now?” Alexander asked tremulously. Plans had obviously changed now that Severus entered the picture.

“I will obliviate everyone here of this entire incident except for Mr. Pot--” Severus did not get to finish because Vernon interrupted loudly.

“Now listen here! You will not be doing anymore of that mumbo-jumbo in this house! I will not have you playing foolish magic tricks on us!” Vernon had gone purple in the face again and Harry made sure he was out of his uncle’s reach. Harry was pretty sure his uncle wouldn’t do anything in front of witnesses but there was always a first time for everything.

“There will be no ‘foolish magic tricks’ as you called it. I will be merely removing your memory of this incident.” Before they had a chance to protest again, Severus cast the Memory charm on the Dursleys along with Alexander and Ryan. “You two were out drinking tonight and mistakenly entered the wrong house. You are now leaving to go home.” They nodded in agreement and left still slightly dazed. Severus then turned to the Dursleys, “You heard a disturbance from downstairs and came out to investigate. There was no one here and you were all about to go to bed.” With that said, Severus apparated out of the house and to the gates of Hogwarts. He entered the grounds and began the long walk to the headmaster’s office.

Severus went up the spiraling staircase and was slightly surprised to see the headmaster awake at such a time. Then again, it never seemed like the older man had time to rest with all the various tasks that he had to complete.

“Lemon Drop?” Dumbledore asked even though, as usual, Severus declined. “How did things go?”

“There was a problem but it has been fixed.” Severus flatly replied. Dumbledore had that annoying twinkle in his eye. “I think he should be removed from their care.” The twinkle left Dumbledore’s eyes and he sat up just a bit straighter.

“Why? He is safest from Voldemort living with his relatives.”

“Did you ever consider that he was not safe from his relatives?” Severus questioned the older man sitting in front of him.

“Have you actually seen anything or are you just speculating?” Dumbledore responded after some thought on the matter.

“I have not seen anything but I do believe that they have not taken care of him as well as they should have. He is much skinnier than his overweight cousin, he wears disgusting clothing that is too large and none of the Dursleys seemed to care about his wellbeing.” Severus replied.

“Hmm…” That dammed twinkle came back. “Where could he go then? There is hardly anyone else around to take care of him…” Albus did not need to continue because Severus caught on to what he was implying.

“NO! I do not want to take care of him. I hate children. I would not be a suitable caretaker. You should ask Minerva or find a nice family or just anyone other than myself.” Albus still had that twinkle in his eyes. There was no way out of this for Severus now.

Albus opened his mouth to speak and Severus knew what he was going to say next. ”If you won’t do this for me, then do this for Lily.” Once again the thought of doing something for Lily was the deciding factor.

“Fine.” Severus growled out.

“Excellent! I will have the house elves prepare a room in your quarters for young Mr. Potter. It will be ready by tomorrow so you are able to bring him here. I will also contact Poppy and let her know that you will bring Mr. Potter for a check up.” Dumbledore replied cheerfully.

“Good night Headmaster.” Severus stood up and exited the office. He retired to his room and promptly fell asleep.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1314