A Place for Happiness by mserenity
Summary: Harry is beaten and then rescued by an unlikely savior. But, can he cope with the riveting news that follows? SlytherinHarry, GoodLuciusDraco. Very alternate universe!!!
Categories: Parental Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Lucius, Petunia, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 8503 Read: 56565 Published: 30 Jun 2007 Updated: 01 Jul 2007
Story Notes:
My first ever fanfiction-Please read and review!
Plans for Harry by mserenity

A picturesque scene might be the manner in which some would call it, if strolling by, but for those who knew well enough the family who resided at 4 Privet Drive knew something was amis.

A boy, no older than fifteen sat rather hap-hazardly amongst numerous mounds of weeds, leaves, and plants yet to be planted. Raven hair, wet with sweat, clung to Harry Potter's head as he miserably and failingly tried to push the events of last school term out of his head.

Harry Potter was not a normal boy, but not because he was the legendary 'boy-who-lived' and 'savior of the wizarding world,' or because he was a good-for-nothing freak in another, but rather, because trouble seemed to follow Harry wherever he went.

He had only just two years before, found out that the man who was supposedly responsible for his parent's deaths, and was also his godfather, had broken out of Azkaban prison to find him.

While most of the wizarding world was in an uproar with fright over Sirius Black's escape, Harry and his two best friends had found out, through various circumstances that Sirius was actually quite innocent.

Sirius had pledged to, once he was free, have Harry come and live with him.

This was the highlight of his life! He had never elaborated on his home-life to anyone before because he was supposed to be a savior, an invincible boy among men. Not a fearing boy, beaten and belittled by mere muggles.

Sirius' promise was the exact reason Harry was able to successfully perform a Patronus charm at the age of 13. He had given hope to Harry, that he never thought he would have. He'd finally be able to leave the Dursley's.

But, then, he had to be the arrogant, self-absorbed person his Potion's Professor always said he was and fail, miserably, at occulumency.

This failure wasn't because Harry wasn't capable. It ws simply because he and Snape never got along. It was practically common knowledge.

This failure ultimately led to Sirius' death and Harry's hope for happiness faded to a mere freckle in the universe.

This was where Harry's musings were abruptly cut short as his Uncle Vernon was now standing right in front of him, glaring.

His face was a shade of purple Harry had never seen before. It then occured to him that perhaps Vernon had been calling him for sometime. This was confirmed a moment later, when Vernon began barking madly.

"Boy! First, you wake everyone up in the wee houre of the morning with your inane screaming. Then, you disregard the chores I assigned you. And now! You have the gall to just sit there like an invalid and ignore me for ten minutes?!

"Get inside, now, and make lunch! And, I swear, boy, if you make one more mistake, just one more," poking his meaty finger into Harry's shoulder harshly, "you'll have the beating of a life-time!"

'Heard that one before' Harry thought darkly before standing up.

Vernon grabbed the collar of Harry's overly large shirt and dragged him inside and into the kitchen.

"And wash your hands good, do you hear?" Vernon said, pointing toward the sink. "I don't want any more freakishness than you can help spoiling my Dudders' food." Vernon glared down at Harry as if expecting him to rebute, but nothing came.

Satisfied, Vernon turned to his wife and son, and in a normal, neutral tone of voice explained,

"Petunia, dear, I know this is short-term, but I've had a potential buyer who is rumored to be the brother-in-law to the owner of a neighboring triple company-head, one of which Grunnings could use the support of.

"Now, this could mean I could get Dudley his car earlier than expected as well as that vacation you wanted."

Petunia seemed to simper over the thought. She'd been wanting this vacation for a while now. This, of course, brought to mind the reason for their not being able to go.

Petunia's face suddenly contorted. In a harsh whisper, yet loud enough for all in the room to hear, she said, "But, Vernon! What about..." She frantically pointed at Harry with her eyes and Vernon seemed to understand because he quickly voiced,

"Well, not to worry, dear. That has been arranged as well! I've thought of everything!"

This satisfied Harry's Aunt and soon the three Dursley's wandered over to the table, lost in their own thoughts.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1347