A Place for Happiness by mserenity
Summary: Harry is beaten and then rescued by an unlikely savior. But, can he cope with the riveting news that follows? SlytherinHarry, GoodLuciusDraco. Very alternate universe!!!
Categories: Parental Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Lucius, Petunia, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 8503 Read: 56560 Published: 30 Jun 2007 Updated: 01 Jul 2007
My Savior? by mserenity

Grimmuald Place-Headquarters

Everyone was gathered around the table in the kitchen of headquarters with grim looks on their faces.

"Albus, we have to move headquarters. Remus won't even talk to me about coming to meetings now" a worried Molly Weasley said.

Albus Dumbledore looked around the room in silent speculation.

Finally he spoke, "Yes, Molly, you are right, of course. We shall move it to Hogwarts until we find another suitable place."

Dumbledore paused for a moment before speaking again.

"Well, we must move onto Order business. We cannot dwell where our hearts bleed today, I'm afraid. Let us get this over with so that we may leave this place."

He sought out Severus Snape.

"Do we have any new information, yet, Severus, on why Voldemort (everyone winced) is killing off pureblood families in Russia?"

Snape looked around, as if daring someone not to believe what he had to say, before replying, "Nothing more than he needs an invaluable item. He will not go into specifics about this item, but he, as strange and most unlikely as this sounds, looked... uncomfortable...when Lucius questioned as to what the item was."

A murmur went around the room. Speculation of what the item could be.

Dumbledore seemed to be lost in very deep thought until at last he decided, "Well, that is all for today. I think..." His words were lost as Fawkes and Hedwig appeared out of nowhere.

Everyone looked at the two birds with wonder until Fawkes perched on Snape's shoulder and disappeared just as suddenly as the two birds had come.

Gasps were heard from around the room until Charlie Weasley spoke up.

"That's Hedwig! Harry's owl!"

Hedwig flew over to Dumbledore and perched on his shoulder.

"Although, I've never seen her do anything like that before" Charlie finished with a slightly confused look.

Ass everyone was clearly thinkng Charlie meant her appearing with the phoenix Dumbledore spoke,

"Yes, most owls will not show familiarity with anyone but their master. Most interesting!"

Molly spoke first, "Then, where did Fawkes take Severus? And, why did he have Harry's owl?"

Dumbledore stood abruptly, without answering Molly's question, and made his way to the fireplace.

"Minerva, if you could close tonight's meeting? I have a feeling I am going to get to the bottom of this sooner, ah, rather than later."

And with that he, along with Hedwig, flooed to Hogwarts.

"Can animals floo?" Someone asked.

~~~~

Upon arriving at #4 Privet Drive one would think that everyone in residence had simply turned in for the evening. But, because of the bizzare occurance at headquarters, and being the naturally suspicious Slytherin that he was, Severus Snape decided to inspect Potter's home further.

He disliked Potter's arrogant attitude, but Fawkes did not simply apparate someone somehwere without good cause.

Snape noticed the car gone, but no lights on.

'Strange' he thought. 'Usually when one is out at least one light is left on.'

With a muttered 'alohamora' Snape quitely entered and shut the door behind him. He quickly scanned all of the rooms on the bottom floor before making his way back toward the stairs to check the upper rooms.

He had noticed, with disdain, that there were pictures of what looked remarkably like a baby beluga in a suit stationed at every corner of the house. Yet, there were no pictures of the Potter brat.

'Very strange. I thought Potter was spoiled rotten!'

Snape continued toward the stairs when he got a sudden surge of angry, dark magic.

'Well, that was certainly odd. Seems to be coming from that...cupboard?'

He opened the door and gasped at the aura that consumed the little room.

'Definitely dark magic, and it reeks of Potter. But, how? I only see these accidental self-wards from my Slytherins who have been abused. But...Surely not! Not Potter, the painfully Gryffindor Golden Boy! Albus would be unhinged if even suspected something like this!'

Casting 'lumos' Snape looked around the small room, only to see Potter's trunk sitting on an old matress, and cobwebs all over the walls.

Scowling deeply and suddenly not so firm on his beliefs on Potter, he got the boy's trunk out and shut the door.

He used a 'point-me' spell and followed it's signal up the stairs to a heavily pad-locked door.

'Oh, sweet Merlin! This isn't real! It can't be!'

Feeling entirely too uncomfortable with the sudden memories flooding his mind, Snape unlocked the door, opened it, and peered inside.

Another 'lumos' and Severus Snape found himself speechless at the sight that greeted him.

Harry Potter, son to his only love and life-time nemesis, lay, flat on his back, unconcious and very dirty.

Upon closer inspection Snape found that Harry was not actually dirt, but bloody.

"Dear Merlin! What have they done to you?" he raged.

He heard a moan and tried to speak to the boy. "Po-Harry?"

no answer.

"Harry? Can you hear me?" Leaning down to be closer to Harry's face, Snape tried again. "Harry? It is Severus. Fawkes brought me to you. Do you understand? Just make some kind of noise if you can even hear me."

A grunt. "Prof...Pr...cough...P-Profe..."

"Shh, Harry, you need not speak. I am here to bring you back to Hogwarts" Severus said calmly.

Harry gave a small nod and Severus helped him to stand, supporting him almost fully. He held Harry close and apparated away.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1347