A Place for Happiness by mserenity
Summary: Harry is beaten and then rescued by an unlikely savior. But, can he cope with the riveting news that follows? SlytherinHarry, GoodLuciusDraco. Very alternate universe!!!
Categories: Parental Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Lucius, Petunia, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 8503 Read: 56567 Published: 30 Jun 2007 Updated: 01 Jul 2007
Someone to Trust by mserenity

Harry relaxed, marginally, when Snape laughed, but before he could ask the man what he thought was so funny, Madame Pomphrey, who looked as if she had run all the way from the Hospital Wing, screeched for them both to stop.

"I have never seen another person so...so adamant about escaping the Hospital Wing as you two!" She pointed her finger at both as though reprimanding small children.

Man and boy turned to fully face the mediwitch and, in unison, they responded, "That's not true."

Harry was the first to continue. "I've never tried to 'escape' as you so criminally put it. I feel fine, though, thank you so very much for asking. I had spoken to Professor Snape earlier about a slight dilema I find myself currently in.

"He, though not as qualified as you, I'm sure, does possess some healing knowledge, otherwise, I doubt he'd be a Potions Master" the last thought more to himself than to his audience.

"Anyway, he agreed, after much persuasion on my part, to scan me, where he found no ailments what so ever!And, because of these 'findings' Professor Snape so...generously offered to help me in solving my...ah...dilema."

When he saw the suspicious mediwitch mulling things over in her head he pressed on.

"I'm sure we can just call the Headmaster and he can clear things up, if you want."

With the mention of the Headmaster's name she relented. "No, that will suffice, Mr. Potter.-For now" and she turned and walked back down the hall.

"That old had will never leave me alo-" Harry suddenly remembered who was in his presence and abruptly shut his mouth.

Turning to face what ever trouble he might be in for speaking that way about an elder, he found, to his immense suprise and gratitude, that Snape was smiling, and verbally agreed with his unfinished statement.

Snape turned and began walking toward the dungeon entrance, with Harry following, not knowing what else to do.

He certainly wasn't going back the other way.

It wasn't very long before Snape stopped in front of his chamber door and faced Harry, looking thoughtful.

"You know, had you let that old hat do it's job your life would have been much easier!"

Harry spluttered. "That...I...you...er."

Severus just smirked and opened the door to his quarters. Harry followed him in blindly, still stunned that Snape knew about his sorting.

Upon entering Snape's quarters Harry was slightly amazed. It was completely...normal!

He hadn't actually expected chains and simmering caldrons, but this...this was really homey!

"I trust it is to you liking, Mr. Potter? Perhaps the lack of skulls and dark..." Harry quickly cut the man off.

"No! I know you're human, but McGonagal's chambers aren't even this nicely done!"

Snape smirked. He'd told Minerva once that their rooms loked like they should be the other's, but he never thought anyone else had seen both of their chambers to agree. Well, besides Albus, of course.-What other Gryffindors had ever been in his chamber to be able to see them, anyway?

'One.' he thought. 'A long time ago.'

"Yes, well...thank you...I worked quite hard to get these rooms to my liking. Oh, and Harry..." He waited for the boy to look at him.

"Don't tell anyone! My reputation, after all, was also difficult to perfect!"

To this Harry muttered something that sounded suspiciously like, 'sure, it did,' but Snape chose to ignored it.

After ten strained minutes of silence the Potions Professor spoke up.

"Harry."

But, Harry didn't want to look at his teacher. He'd hoped Snape would just drop it, but his hopes were dashed away, yet again.

Silently Harry turned around, but didn't make eye contact. He knew he couldn't keep the man out of his mind, if he decided to try.

"Harry, you know we must talk about what I have witnessed.-Not with Pomphrey!" He hastily added at the look of pure Slytherin cunning showing on the boy's features.

At the boy's incredulous look Snape smirked.

"You forget that I am the Head of Slytherin House. The most cunning, most suspicious, most mischievious people of all. You cannot lie to me. I wish only to help you."

"Oh, sure, of course you do. You want to help. -Now? Well, I'm very sorry, sir, but I must say that I seriously doubt th-ahhh" Harry suddenly clamped his hand over his forehead, before falling to the ground convulsing.

Shocked, Snape went to over to the boy.

"Potter?"

No answer.

"Potter? Answer me! What just happened?"

The boy still had not answered and was starting to writhe around on the floor. There was blood seeping out of his scar.

"Po-Harry, I'm going to floo Albus, alright? Just..." Severus got up and went over to the fireplace.

He threw a handful of floo powder into the fire and yelled for the Headmaster.

He didn't know what was going on, but hoped Albus would be able to fix it.

As soon as the Headmaster arrived Severus backed out of the way to let the man inspect the Potter child. The ancient wizard practially flew to Harry's side. He pulled the boy's hands aways from his head and replaced them with his own.

He muttered a few long incantations, and then waited patiently before Harry finally calmed some.

Severus walked to the Headmaster and handed him a pain relieving potion to give to the boy. Albus lifted Harry's head a little and poured the potion into his mouth. He waited patiently for Harry to swallow it before asking gently, "Harry? Harry, child, can you tell me what happened? Was it Voldemort?"

Harry nodded, then shook his head, and made to stand.

"Harry, I don't think-" But, Harry wasn't listening. He had to get out of there.

"I have to go. I can't talk to you. No one. No one understands." Harry was frantic. He jumped up and fled the dungeons, completely ignoring Dumbledore's request to stay.

Running as fast as he could he could not get the images out of his head. But, Voldemort was right. He was right and no one could change it.

Everyone that was dying was all Harry's fault. They were being killed because they knew Harry.

Guilt pushed Harry further and further down the halls of the castle. He couldn't get away from the screaming.

He had to stop the pain.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1347