A Place for Happiness by mserenity
Summary: Harry is beaten and then rescued by an unlikely savior. But, can he cope with the riveting news that follows? SlytherinHarry, GoodLuciusDraco. Very alternate universe!!!
Categories: Parental Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Lucius, Petunia, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 8503 Read: 56567 Published: 30 Jun 2007 Updated: 01 Jul 2007
Seeing is Believing by mserenity

The wizened Headmaster sat down heavily at one of the student desks and put his head in his hands.

He had made so many mistakes!

"Albus, shoul..."

"Albus, there's been another attack!" Minerva's voice came through the doorway right before the woman, herself.

The Headmaster stood and walked to Severus. "Severus, find him. Find out what he saw. He has visions of everything Voldemort does. He feels the curses. I have no doubt that he will need a few potions when you find him, as well."

Albus looked worn. Too worn.

Severus nodded and the two men left, each going their separate ways.

~~~

Severus finally caught up with Harry on the second floor where the boy was leaning against the wall, obviously trying to catch his breath.

Severus' voice caught in his throat. Harry's hair had doubled in length and his face was very much paler.

Seeing his professor and the look on his face Harry asked, "What do you want? Stay away!"

Severus had moved closer to the boy, but Harry instantly backed away.

"Leave me alone! You must! Don't you understand? You'll die. Everyone dies. THey all die! They all leave me." Harry was absently scratching his arm, while rambling on despairingly.

"Harry, let me help" Severus whispered.

"NO! You can't! No one can now!" Harry turned and ran down the corridor with tears streaming down his face. He ran as fast as he could, never slowing to his teacher's calls.

Severus pinched the bridge of his nose. 'I cannot deal with this.'

So he did the only thing he could think of. He went in serach for the Headmaster.

Severus walked briskly to the gargoyle and said "tootsie roll" tiredly.

Knocking only once, and not waiting for a reply, Severus pushed the door open and walked in.

"Ah, Severus, have you found young Harry?" Albus questioned.

"Yes, Headmaster, but he has run off, yet again. I cannot fathom the reasons for any of what has happened, nor do I really want to know, but you can now search for your Golden Boy yourself! I need to rest!"

"Certainly, Severus, my boy. But, did he mention a vision, at all? There was, in fact, another attack, but luckily, the Aurors arrived in time, and no one was killed. We think it may have been the younger, inexperienced Death Eaters."

"He said nothing of a vision, but, he is acting strangely. When I found him on the second floor, and I know this is going to sound completely absurd, but his hair-It was twice the length it was in my office! And, I swear it, Albus, he was paler, although I suppose that could be accredited to his 'vision'" Severus rambled.

Albus abruptly cut him off. "His Hair? Interesting...most interesting! His hair is longer now, did you say?" Leaning foward in his seat now, Albus looked at the man before him intently.

"Yes, Albus, but that is completely irrelevant! I fail to see-"

"Yes, you fail to see. I believe that is the main problem, Severus, however..."Instantly Albus looked up-alarmed.

"Albus?"

"Severus, where did you say Harry went when he left you on the second floor?"

"I really have no idea, Albus. Maybe the third floor? I didn't follow-I immediately came to find you. Why?" Severus did not like the tone the Headmaster was using. It was desperate. A tone he never wanted to hear from the man again.

"Severus, find him! Find him now! I'm afraid he's in grave danger! I'll look on the grounds! Hurry, Severus!" With that Albus ran out of his office door and down the spiral stairwell faster than Severus thought the man could move.

Now supremely worried Severus set off in his search for one Harry Sn-Potter.

Severus stopped abruptly. 'Snape? Where the Hell did that come from?'

Shaking his thoughts away, he set off to the third floor corridor. That was where the boy was last headed, he might as well start his serach there.

He had never seen his father-figure so worried. Something was terribly wrong, and he just hoped Harry was safe.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1347