A Place for Happiness by mserenity
Summary: Harry is beaten and then rescued by an unlikely savior. But, can he cope with the riveting news that follows? SlytherinHarry, GoodLuciusDraco. Very alternate universe!!!
Categories: Parental Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Lucius, Petunia, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 8503 Read: 56559 Published: 30 Jun 2007 Updated: 01 Jul 2007
A Trip to The Dursleys by mserenity

Harry was speechless when he walked into the Malfoy library. It was huge! It rivaled Hogwarts' library.

'Probably mostly dark stuff,' Harry thought, though not very upset about it.

Severus took a moment to survery his son. He looked...delighted? At the Malfoy's library, of all things?

'Uh oh. This could lead to disaster if he is anything remotely like I was.' But, Severus would address that issue at a later date.

For now, he would do his best to explain all he knew, which wasn't very much at all.

Severus had many holes in his story, and as everyone sat rather at a loss Harry spoke up timidly.

"M-May I please see a m-mirror?"

Severus nodded and pulled his wand out. He muttered a short spell over his spoon and it promptly turned into a mirror. He handed it to his son, fearing what the boy might think.

Harry's gasp, and the shattering of the mirror that followed, created a stone of sickness form in Severus' stomach.

But, to his immense suprise, Harry suddenly sank to the floor, rambling on about apologies, and began picking up the pieces of the broken mirror.

"I'm s-sorry. I d-didn't mean t-to. I swear. I..."

Severus was baffled over this behavior. The boy tried to act so tough at times, but now he was acting like a beaten dog.

"POTTER!" he yelled, much too loudly, for Harry abandoned his quest and quickly backed up until he was against something hard-A wall?

Harry vaguely saw a large dark shadow coming toward him and he was suddenly stuck in a memory. He did the only thing his mind would allow.

He covered his head with his hands, and waited for impending doom.

"I'm s-sorry, Uncle. I didn't mean to b-break it. I'll c-clean it up" he spoke frantically, cutting his fingers from trying to pick up the glass.

Anger now boiling in his veins, Severus stopped short of reaching Harry. Turning directly, and in just three swift strides he grabbed a handful of floo powder and barked, "Arabella Figg," before disappearing completely.

From a chair across the room, Draco looked from Harry to where his godfather had just stood, to his own father with a total look of confusion written across his face.

"Father?"

Lucius was always a proud man, but what he'd just witnessed made him lose all sense of propriety and the man walked over to his newly found godson carefully.

In a voice Draco thought was only reserved for him his father knelt down and said gently, "Harry? Harry, I know you were somewhere else just now, but, I assure you, you are completely safe now. You are my godson, and I will let no harm come to you. I promise."

Lucius' smooth voice calmed Harry, despite years of learned hatred for the man. He suprised himself by leaning foward slightly, and was even more suprised when he felt large arms envelop him into a firm, secure embrace.

To say Draco was shocked was a gross understatement. His father hugged him when he was younger, but now only on occassion; and it was never like that!

An unbidden feeling of jealousy rose in Draco, though he tried hard to contain it.

~~~

Severus Snape was not a happy man. He was rarely happy on a good day. Not on his own accord, of course, but right now. Right now, he was really not happy.

Vernon and Petunia Dursley were going to regret ever hurting his son, of that he was more than certain.

He'd had a very lonely and deprived childhood as well. His father had beaten him merely because he was a wizard, and killed his own wife for the same reasons.

But, the fact that his own flesh and blood had gone through the same type of childhood severely unsettled him. He wanted revenge.

Revenge on the years of abuse on his son. Revenge on whomever thought that they could do this in the future!

But, Severus also knew better. The thirst for revenge had lead him down the wrong path before. The biggest mistake of his life, really. It had cost him everything.

And he'd be damned if anything or anyone tried to take away what little bit of life he had just gotten back.

He strode purposefully up to the door of #4 Privet Drive and rapted shortly on the door.

After five minutes of listening to the Dursleys trying to get their stories straight, presumably for any 'freaks' that might be outside, the door finally opened.

Severus mentally rolled his eyes. How deaf did they think he was?

"Ah, yes, sir? May I help you?" Senior Dursley asked, with ill-concealed suspicion lacing his words.

Severus smirked.

'This is going to be very entertaining!' Pushing himself through the door, Severus began what was going to be a very interesting night.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1347