A Place for Happiness by mserenity
Summary: Harry is beaten and then rescued by an unlikely savior. But, can he cope with the riveting news that follows? SlytherinHarry, GoodLuciusDraco. Very alternate universe!!!
Categories: Parental Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Lucius, Petunia, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 8503 Read: 56565 Published: 30 Jun 2007 Updated: 01 Jul 2007
Story Notes:
My first ever fanfiction-Please read and review!

1. Plans for Harry by mserenity

2. A Painful Realization by mserenity

3. My Savior? by mserenity

4. Through the Looking Glass by mserenity

5. Someone to Trust by mserenity

6. Seeing is Believing by mserenity

7. Is It Too Late by mserenity

8. Malfoy Manor by mserenity

9. A Trip to The Dursleys by mserenity

10. Questions and Lies by mserenity

11. More Revelations by mserenity

Plans for Harry by mserenity

A picturesque scene might be the manner in which some would call it, if strolling by, but for those who knew well enough the family who resided at 4 Privet Drive knew something was amis.

A boy, no older than fifteen sat rather hap-hazardly amongst numerous mounds of weeds, leaves, and plants yet to be planted. Raven hair, wet with sweat, clung to Harry Potter's head as he miserably and failingly tried to push the events of last school term out of his head.

Harry Potter was not a normal boy, but not because he was the legendary 'boy-who-lived' and 'savior of the wizarding world,' or because he was a good-for-nothing freak in another, but rather, because trouble seemed to follow Harry wherever he went.

He had only just two years before, found out that the man who was supposedly responsible for his parent's deaths, and was also his godfather, had broken out of Azkaban prison to find him.

While most of the wizarding world was in an uproar with fright over Sirius Black's escape, Harry and his two best friends had found out, through various circumstances that Sirius was actually quite innocent.

Sirius had pledged to, once he was free, have Harry come and live with him.

This was the highlight of his life! He had never elaborated on his home-life to anyone before because he was supposed to be a savior, an invincible boy among men. Not a fearing boy, beaten and belittled by mere muggles.

Sirius' promise was the exact reason Harry was able to successfully perform a Patronus charm at the age of 13. He had given hope to Harry, that he never thought he would have. He'd finally be able to leave the Dursley's.

But, then, he had to be the arrogant, self-absorbed person his Potion's Professor always said he was and fail, miserably, at occulumency.

This failure wasn't because Harry wasn't capable. It ws simply because he and Snape never got along. It was practically common knowledge.

This failure ultimately led to Sirius' death and Harry's hope for happiness faded to a mere freckle in the universe.

This was where Harry's musings were abruptly cut short as his Uncle Vernon was now standing right in front of him, glaring.

His face was a shade of purple Harry had never seen before. It then occured to him that perhaps Vernon had been calling him for sometime. This was confirmed a moment later, when Vernon began barking madly.

"Boy! First, you wake everyone up in the wee houre of the morning with your inane screaming. Then, you disregard the chores I assigned you. And now! You have the gall to just sit there like an invalid and ignore me for ten minutes?!

"Get inside, now, and make lunch! And, I swear, boy, if you make one more mistake, just one more," poking his meaty finger into Harry's shoulder harshly, "you'll have the beating of a life-time!"

'Heard that one before' Harry thought darkly before standing up.

Vernon grabbed the collar of Harry's overly large shirt and dragged him inside and into the kitchen.

"And wash your hands good, do you hear?" Vernon said, pointing toward the sink. "I don't want any more freakishness than you can help spoiling my Dudders' food." Vernon glared down at Harry as if expecting him to rebute, but nothing came.

Satisfied, Vernon turned to his wife and son, and in a normal, neutral tone of voice explained,

"Petunia, dear, I know this is short-term, but I've had a potential buyer who is rumored to be the brother-in-law to the owner of a neighboring triple company-head, one of which Grunnings could use the support of.

"Now, this could mean I could get Dudley his car earlier than expected as well as that vacation you wanted."

Petunia seemed to simper over the thought. She'd been wanting this vacation for a while now. This, of course, brought to mind the reason for their not being able to go.

Petunia's face suddenly contorted. In a harsh whisper, yet loud enough for all in the room to hear, she said, "But, Vernon! What about..." She frantically pointed at Harry with her eyes and Vernon seemed to understand because he quickly voiced,

"Well, not to worry, dear. That has been arranged as well! I've thought of everything!"

This satisfied Harry's Aunt and soon the three Dursley's wandered over to the table, lost in their own thoughts.

To be continued...
A Painful Realization by mserenity

Harry had finished the Dursley's lunch and was headed for the bathroom upstairs to begin cleaning it. Upon reaching the door, however, a hand with a vice-grip came around his arm and pulled him into his bedroom.

After being thrown to the floor and hearing the door close with a soft click, Harry slowly turned to face his attacker.

Vernon Dursley was now towering over him and had an odd sort of glint in his eyes. A glint Harry had never before seen on his Uncle's face.

Before he had time to take cover Vernon bent over and dragged Harry to his feet. He turned Harry around and pushed him over toward the bed.

Vernon pulled a long piece of rope from his back pocket and tied Harry's hands to the foot-board, and then shoved him, hard, on the back, making him topple onto the bed.

Fearing the worst Harry closed his eyes and waited.

A loud crack later he found himself being struck with the metal end of a belt. Vernon's powerful blows were ripping through Harry's rags-for-clothes and into his back, shoulders and legs.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, Vernon stopped. He untied Harry and kicked him in the ribs to knock him over on his backside.

"Boy, you'll be staying here while we're gone." Harry's eyes widened as he suddenly had a thought, but his Uncle continued without much pause.

"We will be meeting Tim and his wife and boy at a resturant in the city and then leaving from the airport afterwards. And you will not be mudding up our vacation! We'll be gone a month and you'll be keeping quiet about this, too, boy," pointing towards Harry's back, "or there'll be hell to pay for certain!"

Harry didn't dare speak, as he knew this would only mean more trouble. He just laid there and waited for his Uncle to finally leave.

With one last kick Vernon left Harry alone in his dark room. He heard his door shut and finally allowed himself to succumb to the calling darkness.

~~~ 

Harry awoke, hours later,  to the sound of six small, but very audible clicks. Realization dawned on Harry and he knew that he was being locked in his room.

He heard his relations leaving and finally the car pulling out of the drive. Harry slowly crawled up to his window to make sure he was alone before looking over to Hedwig, who was perched in the corner on top of his dresser.

'Lucky he didn't see her or she would be dead.' Harry thought.

"H-Hedw-wig." He managed. She flew down and nipped affectionately at his hand.

He knew she was an abnormally smart owl, even for a magical pet, and knew she would do what he couldn't say.

She seemed to understand completely. She flew out of the window and out of sight. Harry just hoped that she could find someone before it was too late. 

As he lay there on the floor, his mind was whirling. He was still bleeding from being beaten by the belt, and he was quickly becoming delirious, making the thoughts get worse and worse.

A painful and overwhelming thought entered his mind: No one would come for him. It was his fault Sirius was dead! He was just getting what he deserved!

And he was locked in his room for a month. With no help coming.

'I won't survive that long." Harry thought, just before falling back into the cool retreat of darkness.

To be continued...
My Savior? by mserenity

Grimmuald Place-Headquarters

Everyone was gathered around the table in the kitchen of headquarters with grim looks on their faces.

"Albus, we have to move headquarters. Remus won't even talk to me about coming to meetings now" a worried Molly Weasley said.

Albus Dumbledore looked around the room in silent speculation.

Finally he spoke, "Yes, Molly, you are right, of course. We shall move it to Hogwarts until we find another suitable place."

Dumbledore paused for a moment before speaking again.

"Well, we must move onto Order business. We cannot dwell where our hearts bleed today, I'm afraid. Let us get this over with so that we may leave this place."

He sought out Severus Snape.

"Do we have any new information, yet, Severus, on why Voldemort (everyone winced) is killing off pureblood families in Russia?"

Snape looked around, as if daring someone not to believe what he had to say, before replying, "Nothing more than he needs an invaluable item. He will not go into specifics about this item, but he, as strange and most unlikely as this sounds, looked... uncomfortable...when Lucius questioned as to what the item was."

A murmur went around the room. Speculation of what the item could be.

Dumbledore seemed to be lost in very deep thought until at last he decided, "Well, that is all for today. I think..." His words were lost as Fawkes and Hedwig appeared out of nowhere.

Everyone looked at the two birds with wonder until Fawkes perched on Snape's shoulder and disappeared just as suddenly as the two birds had come.

Gasps were heard from around the room until Charlie Weasley spoke up.

"That's Hedwig! Harry's owl!"

Hedwig flew over to Dumbledore and perched on his shoulder.

"Although, I've never seen her do anything like that before" Charlie finished with a slightly confused look.

Ass everyone was clearly thinkng Charlie meant her appearing with the phoenix Dumbledore spoke,

"Yes, most owls will not show familiarity with anyone but their master. Most interesting!"

Molly spoke first, "Then, where did Fawkes take Severus? And, why did he have Harry's owl?"

Dumbledore stood abruptly, without answering Molly's question, and made his way to the fireplace.

"Minerva, if you could close tonight's meeting? I have a feeling I am going to get to the bottom of this sooner, ah, rather than later."

And with that he, along with Hedwig, flooed to Hogwarts.

"Can animals floo?" Someone asked.

~~~~

Upon arriving at #4 Privet Drive one would think that everyone in residence had simply turned in for the evening. But, because of the bizzare occurance at headquarters, and being the naturally suspicious Slytherin that he was, Severus Snape decided to inspect Potter's home further.

He disliked Potter's arrogant attitude, but Fawkes did not simply apparate someone somehwere without good cause.

Snape noticed the car gone, but no lights on.

'Strange' he thought. 'Usually when one is out at least one light is left on.'

With a muttered 'alohamora' Snape quitely entered and shut the door behind him. He quickly scanned all of the rooms on the bottom floor before making his way back toward the stairs to check the upper rooms.

He had noticed, with disdain, that there were pictures of what looked remarkably like a baby beluga in a suit stationed at every corner of the house. Yet, there were no pictures of the Potter brat.

'Very strange. I thought Potter was spoiled rotten!'

Snape continued toward the stairs when he got a sudden surge of angry, dark magic.

'Well, that was certainly odd. Seems to be coming from that...cupboard?'

He opened the door and gasped at the aura that consumed the little room.

'Definitely dark magic, and it reeks of Potter. But, how? I only see these accidental self-wards from my Slytherins who have been abused. But...Surely not! Not Potter, the painfully Gryffindor Golden Boy! Albus would be unhinged if even suspected something like this!'

Casting 'lumos' Snape looked around the small room, only to see Potter's trunk sitting on an old matress, and cobwebs all over the walls.

Scowling deeply and suddenly not so firm on his beliefs on Potter, he got the boy's trunk out and shut the door.

He used a 'point-me' spell and followed it's signal up the stairs to a heavily pad-locked door.

'Oh, sweet Merlin! This isn't real! It can't be!'

Feeling entirely too uncomfortable with the sudden memories flooding his mind, Snape unlocked the door, opened it, and peered inside.

Another 'lumos' and Severus Snape found himself speechless at the sight that greeted him.

Harry Potter, son to his only love and life-time nemesis, lay, flat on his back, unconcious and very dirty.

Upon closer inspection Snape found that Harry was not actually dirt, but bloody.

"Dear Merlin! What have they done to you?" he raged.

He heard a moan and tried to speak to the boy. "Po-Harry?"

no answer.

"Harry? Can you hear me?" Leaning down to be closer to Harry's face, Snape tried again. "Harry? It is Severus. Fawkes brought me to you. Do you understand? Just make some kind of noise if you can even hear me."

A grunt. "Prof...Pr...cough...P-Profe..."

"Shh, Harry, you need not speak. I am here to bring you back to Hogwarts" Severus said calmly.

Harry gave a small nod and Severus helped him to stand, supporting him almost fully. He held Harry close and apparated away.

To be continued...
Through the Looking Glass by mserenity

When they arrived at the gates of Hogwarts Severus was practically cradling Harry. He walked as quickly as he could up to the main doors. Albus and Poppy were waiting just inside the door.

'I do hope Albus has prepared himself' Severus thought grimly.

"Severus, to the dungeons, dear boy, they are closer" Albus said.

Nodding, he hurried as fast as he could to his chambers, not knowing what he was about to get himself involved in.

As soon as they got inside his chambers Severus laid Harry down on his bed and Poppy ushered him out of the way before setting to work.

She worked as hard as she could for an hour and a half before finally gaining positive results. Enough, anyway, to be able to rest for a while, and find out what, exactly, had happened to the boy-who-lived.

Severus sat, unmoving throughout the whole ordeal. He explained detail-for-detail everything he had seen.

As the Head of Slytherin he'd dealt with many middle-of-the-night hospital visits on account of suicide attempts or unhealthy midnight dueling 'sessions.'

He'd seen plenty of blood before, as well, but this incident had really moved him. For the second time in his entire life he felt completely helpless.

Had Harry been in Slytherin Severus would have seen the signs early on, but because he was a Gryffindor and James Potter's child he blatently ignored whatever possible signs that had been present.

And, now that he thought on it, Harry had shown signs. But everyone was so bent on him and his greatness how could anyone even think that the boy was not alright?

He was good at hiding his secret.

'Almost too good.' Severus thought.

~~~

When Harry woke up it was dark. He was laying down on a really comfortable bed, too.

Memories from the past suddenly swam to the front of his head, causing Harry to feel a burst of fear shoot through his veins.

'Had it been days already, or only hours?' he wondered.

Snape had been at his Uncle's house, that was for certain.

He sat up and looked around. He was in Hogwarts. The Hospital Wing!

'Safe' He thought, as he lay back down.

Then, all of the past weeks caught up with him. He knew they were probably still upset with him. They had sent Snape, of all people, for Merlin's sake!

'Yes, definitely still mad, then. They had no choice but to help me. They couldn't let anything happen to their savior!' he thought disgustedly.

He lay there so caught up in his thoughts that he missed the dark shadow that had crept into the room.

~~~Snape's Point of View

Standing over him Severus looked at Harry. Really looked.

'He seems so...normal. Yet-all alone...I know that feeling all too well.'

Frowning at Harry's obviously unpleasant thoughts Severus moved to bring him back to reality.

Reaching out a hand tentatively he spoke, "Harry...Harry!-POTTER!"

Harry felt nothing but white-hot fear coursing throughout his body. Purely out of habit he immediately began scrambling to get out of the bed and out of sight.

Frowning further Severus made to go over to the distraught boy, but Harry's words efficiently froze him to the spot.

"Please, Uncle. I s-swear I didn't. It wasn't a p-p-poison. I was in p-pain. I'm sorry. Please!" he had curled into a corner waiting for the impending blow.

But blows never came. Instead Harry found himself being picked up, gently, and carried out of the Hospital Wing.

Panicked, Harry began to struggle, but Severus soothed him.

"Harry, it is still Severus. I'm still here. You are at Hogwarts. Do you remember?"

Harry looked up at the man, eyes wide.

"P-Professor Snape?"

He nodded.

"Why are you doing this?"

Feeling more than embarrassed, Harry jumped out of Severus' arms and looked at the dark man.

"I can walk, thank you very much." He said indignantly, crossing his arms over his chest, looking at Severus challengingly; and not doing a bad impersonation of the man himself.

As a response to Harry's outburst, and for the first time in nearly 17 years, Severus Snape laughed.

To be continued...
Someone to Trust by mserenity

Harry relaxed, marginally, when Snape laughed, but before he could ask the man what he thought was so funny, Madame Pomphrey, who looked as if she had run all the way from the Hospital Wing, screeched for them both to stop.

"I have never seen another person so...so adamant about escaping the Hospital Wing as you two!" She pointed her finger at both as though reprimanding small children.

Man and boy turned to fully face the mediwitch and, in unison, they responded, "That's not true."

Harry was the first to continue. "I've never tried to 'escape' as you so criminally put it. I feel fine, though, thank you so very much for asking. I had spoken to Professor Snape earlier about a slight dilema I find myself currently in.

"He, though not as qualified as you, I'm sure, does possess some healing knowledge, otherwise, I doubt he'd be a Potions Master" the last thought more to himself than to his audience.

"Anyway, he agreed, after much persuasion on my part, to scan me, where he found no ailments what so ever!And, because of these 'findings' Professor Snape so...generously offered to help me in solving my...ah...dilema."

When he saw the suspicious mediwitch mulling things over in her head he pressed on.

"I'm sure we can just call the Headmaster and he can clear things up, if you want."

With the mention of the Headmaster's name she relented. "No, that will suffice, Mr. Potter.-For now" and she turned and walked back down the hall.

"That old had will never leave me alo-" Harry suddenly remembered who was in his presence and abruptly shut his mouth.

Turning to face what ever trouble he might be in for speaking that way about an elder, he found, to his immense suprise and gratitude, that Snape was smiling, and verbally agreed with his unfinished statement.

Snape turned and began walking toward the dungeon entrance, with Harry following, not knowing what else to do.

He certainly wasn't going back the other way.

It wasn't very long before Snape stopped in front of his chamber door and faced Harry, looking thoughtful.

"You know, had you let that old hat do it's job your life would have been much easier!"

Harry spluttered. "That...I...you...er."

Severus just smirked and opened the door to his quarters. Harry followed him in blindly, still stunned that Snape knew about his sorting.

Upon entering Snape's quarters Harry was slightly amazed. It was completely...normal!

He hadn't actually expected chains and simmering caldrons, but this...this was really homey!

"I trust it is to you liking, Mr. Potter? Perhaps the lack of skulls and dark..." Harry quickly cut the man off.

"No! I know you're human, but McGonagal's chambers aren't even this nicely done!"

Snape smirked. He'd told Minerva once that their rooms loked like they should be the other's, but he never thought anyone else had seen both of their chambers to agree. Well, besides Albus, of course.-What other Gryffindors had ever been in his chamber to be able to see them, anyway?

'One.' he thought. 'A long time ago.'

"Yes, well...thank you...I worked quite hard to get these rooms to my liking. Oh, and Harry..." He waited for the boy to look at him.

"Don't tell anyone! My reputation, after all, was also difficult to perfect!"

To this Harry muttered something that sounded suspiciously like, 'sure, it did,' but Snape chose to ignored it.

After ten strained minutes of silence the Potions Professor spoke up.

"Harry."

But, Harry didn't want to look at his teacher. He'd hoped Snape would just drop it, but his hopes were dashed away, yet again.

Silently Harry turned around, but didn't make eye contact. He knew he couldn't keep the man out of his mind, if he decided to try.

"Harry, you know we must talk about what I have witnessed.-Not with Pomphrey!" He hastily added at the look of pure Slytherin cunning showing on the boy's features.

At the boy's incredulous look Snape smirked.

"You forget that I am the Head of Slytherin House. The most cunning, most suspicious, most mischievious people of all. You cannot lie to me. I wish only to help you."

"Oh, sure, of course you do. You want to help. -Now? Well, I'm very sorry, sir, but I must say that I seriously doubt th-ahhh" Harry suddenly clamped his hand over his forehead, before falling to the ground convulsing.

Shocked, Snape went to over to the boy.

"Potter?"

No answer.

"Potter? Answer me! What just happened?"

The boy still had not answered and was starting to writhe around on the floor. There was blood seeping out of his scar.

"Po-Harry, I'm going to floo Albus, alright? Just..." Severus got up and went over to the fireplace.

He threw a handful of floo powder into the fire and yelled for the Headmaster.

He didn't know what was going on, but hoped Albus would be able to fix it.

As soon as the Headmaster arrived Severus backed out of the way to let the man inspect the Potter child. The ancient wizard practially flew to Harry's side. He pulled the boy's hands aways from his head and replaced them with his own.

He muttered a few long incantations, and then waited patiently before Harry finally calmed some.

Severus walked to the Headmaster and handed him a pain relieving potion to give to the boy. Albus lifted Harry's head a little and poured the potion into his mouth. He waited patiently for Harry to swallow it before asking gently, "Harry? Harry, child, can you tell me what happened? Was it Voldemort?"

Harry nodded, then shook his head, and made to stand.

"Harry, I don't think-" But, Harry wasn't listening. He had to get out of there.

"I have to go. I can't talk to you. No one. No one understands." Harry was frantic. He jumped up and fled the dungeons, completely ignoring Dumbledore's request to stay.

Running as fast as he could he could not get the images out of his head. But, Voldemort was right. He was right and no one could change it.

Everyone that was dying was all Harry's fault. They were being killed because they knew Harry.

Guilt pushed Harry further and further down the halls of the castle. He couldn't get away from the screaming.

He had to stop the pain.

To be continued...
Seeing is Believing by mserenity

The wizened Headmaster sat down heavily at one of the student desks and put his head in his hands.

He had made so many mistakes!

"Albus, shoul..."

"Albus, there's been another attack!" Minerva's voice came through the doorway right before the woman, herself.

The Headmaster stood and walked to Severus. "Severus, find him. Find out what he saw. He has visions of everything Voldemort does. He feels the curses. I have no doubt that he will need a few potions when you find him, as well."

Albus looked worn. Too worn.

Severus nodded and the two men left, each going their separate ways.

~~~

Severus finally caught up with Harry on the second floor where the boy was leaning against the wall, obviously trying to catch his breath.

Severus' voice caught in his throat. Harry's hair had doubled in length and his face was very much paler.

Seeing his professor and the look on his face Harry asked, "What do you want? Stay away!"

Severus had moved closer to the boy, but Harry instantly backed away.

"Leave me alone! You must! Don't you understand? You'll die. Everyone dies. THey all die! They all leave me." Harry was absently scratching his arm, while rambling on despairingly.

"Harry, let me help" Severus whispered.

"NO! You can't! No one can now!" Harry turned and ran down the corridor with tears streaming down his face. He ran as fast as he could, never slowing to his teacher's calls.

Severus pinched the bridge of his nose. 'I cannot deal with this.'

So he did the only thing he could think of. He went in serach for the Headmaster.

Severus walked briskly to the gargoyle and said "tootsie roll" tiredly.

Knocking only once, and not waiting for a reply, Severus pushed the door open and walked in.

"Ah, Severus, have you found young Harry?" Albus questioned.

"Yes, Headmaster, but he has run off, yet again. I cannot fathom the reasons for any of what has happened, nor do I really want to know, but you can now search for your Golden Boy yourself! I need to rest!"

"Certainly, Severus, my boy. But, did he mention a vision, at all? There was, in fact, another attack, but luckily, the Aurors arrived in time, and no one was killed. We think it may have been the younger, inexperienced Death Eaters."

"He said nothing of a vision, but, he is acting strangely. When I found him on the second floor, and I know this is going to sound completely absurd, but his hair-It was twice the length it was in my office! And, I swear it, Albus, he was paler, although I suppose that could be accredited to his 'vision'" Severus rambled.

Albus abruptly cut him off. "His Hair? Interesting...most interesting! His hair is longer now, did you say?" Leaning foward in his seat now, Albus looked at the man before him intently.

"Yes, Albus, but that is completely irrelevant! I fail to see-"

"Yes, you fail to see. I believe that is the main problem, Severus, however..."Instantly Albus looked up-alarmed.

"Albus?"

"Severus, where did you say Harry went when he left you on the second floor?"

"I really have no idea, Albus. Maybe the third floor? I didn't follow-I immediately came to find you. Why?" Severus did not like the tone the Headmaster was using. It was desperate. A tone he never wanted to hear from the man again.

"Severus, find him! Find him now! I'm afraid he's in grave danger! I'll look on the grounds! Hurry, Severus!" With that Albus ran out of his office door and down the spiral stairwell faster than Severus thought the man could move.

Now supremely worried Severus set off in his search for one Harry Sn-Potter.

Severus stopped abruptly. 'Snape? Where the Hell did that come from?'

Shaking his thoughts away, he set off to the third floor corridor. That was where the boy was last headed, he might as well start his serach there.

He had never seen his father-figure so worried. Something was terribly wrong, and he just hoped Harry was safe.

To be continued...
Is It Too Late by mserenity

Severus had thoroughly searched the third through 7th floors, finding nothing. Albus had searched the lower floors, coming up empty-handed, as well. It had been hours since Potter had gone missing and Severus was afraid.

He had never seen Albus like this.

'Where could he be?-Not Gryffindor Tower-That's too obvious!' Severus had searched everywhere!

'Think Slytherin! Where would I...' It suddenly hit him.

Cursing himself for not thinking of it sooner, he set off down the hall in an all out sprint for the Room of Requirement.

~~~

When he arrived at the spot there was already a door present.

'Odd.'

He walked in and froze.

Harry turned around quickly.

'too quickly.' he thought. "Snnape" he slurred. "Whad'yoou wan?"

Severus inched closer to Harry. "I just want to help, Harry. Albus is frantic. We've been looking all over for you. You've been gone for hours."

"Ya' can't do an'thin' now. 've taken wha'I nee'too. Won' be lonnnow. So-Sorr fo ev'thn ne done. He'll nevvvr f'give mnoow. Th' Darrk Lor' toocare'a thaattt."

Thoroughly confused Severus stepped up to take ahold of Harry's arm, but, Harry's knees buckled sending him right into Severus' arms.

Severus was worried and scared and feeling very at wits-end.

He'd taken time to survey the room upon entering it. Caldrons and shelves of potions books and ingrediants lined the walls. There were various ingrediants laid out around 'Most Potente Potions,' which was open on the nearest table.

Thinking quickly, Severus dug through his many pockets and when he found what he was looking for he shoved it into Harry's mouth and forced him to swallow.

"Noo, Sssevv, sssno usse. cann. tooo lonn."

"NO, Harry! It is Not too late! Stop this insanity, before you curse the entire world into darkness. We need you. I need you. Don't-"

"Donn ca. Donn caa bou mee. noooonne. DarrLo sayss-"

"STOP! The Dark Lord shouldn't say Anything to you, do you understand me!? Nothing! You listen to Me, now, Harry. Please!" Harry was pulling at his arm and having enough, Severus pulled Harry over to the black couch in the middle of the room and laid him down.

Unbuttoning Harry's shirt the Potions Master could only stare.

Harry had cut his arms.

Severus frantically conjured all the necessary supplies and began trying to wash and heal the wounds. They were bleeding profusely. No magic would help this because they were self-inflicted.

He had to get Harry to Pomphrey!

Pulling the barely-concious boy to his feet they started for the door.

When he got outside he saw the Headmaster coming around the corner, looking more ancient than Severus had ever seen him before.

Upon sighting his boys he visibly relaxed. His boys were safe!

"Albus! I can't! He's...I..." Severus was so full of emotion Albus stopped in his tracks.

"No!" He breathed. He then ran to his boys.

"Severus, what has happened?!"

Harry suddenly screamed in pain. Severus knelt down to the floor to inspect the boy again.

There, right before their very eyes, Harry began to change.

It was as if his boyish-Potter features just melted away, revealing a very good likeness to a young Severus Snape.

"It can't be...How could Lily do this? Did she do it? Is this real?"

Overcome with emotion, Severus looked to his mentor for answers.

"My boy, I assure you that I had no part in this. Yet...Let us lay Harry in a proper bed and"

"No! Albus! I'll not leave him!" Not willing to start a pointless fight Albus conceeded.

"Very well, Severus. Take him to your quarters. I'll go to my office and...ah...see what I can find."

The esteemed Headmaster left his boys in search of the truth while Severus took his newly found son into his arms and made his way down to his chambers.

To be continued...
Malfoy Manor by mserenity

When Severus finally got to his chambers he was beyond exhausted. He heaved Harry over to the fireplace where he then grabbed a handful of floo powder and threw it in, shouting "Malfoy Manor," before disappearing in a rush of green flames.

Upon arriving at Malfoy Manor Severus and Harry were greeted almost as soon as they landed by Draco.

"Severus?!" Draco made to embrace his godfather, but stopped short when he caught sight of the rather large 'bundle' in Severus' arms.

"Draco! I need to use your lab! Quickly!" His godfather uttered.

Nodding to his godfather, Severus proceeded to the potions lab, very hastily.

After four hours of intense work Severus threw himself down heavily into a chair and drank the tea Draco had handed him in two large gulps.

"Now that you seem to have time, do you mind explaining who that is" his godson pointed.

'Once a Malfoy, always a Malfoy' Severus thought, mentally rolling his eyes.

"That, Draco, is my son."

Draco's eyes widened. "Your-what?"

"You heard me, Draco" Severus closed his eyes and rubbed his face with exhaustion.

"Yes, but-but-how?" the blonde teen spluttered. "I mean, when-Hell, you know what I mean!" Draco finally managed.

"Well, it seems that his mother didn't see fit to inform me of this glorious piece of information." He then whispered harshly, "she just wanted to protect us all, I suppose."

Draco seemed even more confused by this answer than he was before.

"Urgh." Severus and Draco rushed to the young Snape's side.

Draco smirked. "Don't know how she 'hid' him from you. Or anyone else, for that matter! He looks just like you." At that moment, Harry opened his eyes.

"Except for the ey-Oh-Severus, no! No way! You've got to" he was cut off by a wand to his temple.

Harry slid into a sitting position, keeping his wand trained.

"Potter." Draco inclined his head, seemingly more out of shock and fear than anything else.

"Malfoy." Harry spoke curtly, yet in the same manner Draco had.

"Or should I be saying Snape, now?" Draco smirked.

At Harry's confused look Draco persisted. "Well, I suppose I could get along with you. Your dad is my godfather, afterall."

"What the bloody hell are you on about?!" Harry asked incredulously.

Draco smirked again. This was going to be so much fun.

Severus merely groaned. This did not look good.

"Draco? Draco! I've been calling every..." Malfor Senior trailed off when he caught sight of Severus and a strangely familiar boy holding a wand to his son's head.

Before Lucius could say anything more, however, Severus stepped in.

"Harry..." he said warningly. "Draco and Lucius mean you no harm! They have been on our side since the Dark Lord killed Narcissa. Please!" To Harry only he whispered, "I'll explain later. Please, listen to me."

Harry nodded and moved his wand hesitantly downward. Then Lucius' eyes widened, much the same as his son's had only moments before.

"Harry Potter? NO! Severus! Lily hid this from you? Why-" but Harry cut him off.

"Don't you speak my mother's name! Ever!" Harry hissed vehemently.

Severus spoke up before the two called for an all out wizard's duel. "Harry! Look, there are a lot of issues we need to discuss. Why don't we all move to the library?"

Severus was pleading. And Snapes never plead!

Too curious, Draco, Lucius and Harry all followed Severus into the library to, hopefully, explain what was going on.

To be continued...
End Notes:
This story is already finished. I only have to type it all out. So, have patience, it will all be on here very soon!!!
A Trip to The Dursleys by mserenity

Harry was speechless when he walked into the Malfoy library. It was huge! It rivaled Hogwarts' library.

'Probably mostly dark stuff,' Harry thought, though not very upset about it.

Severus took a moment to survery his son. He looked...delighted? At the Malfoy's library, of all things?

'Uh oh. This could lead to disaster if he is anything remotely like I was.' But, Severus would address that issue at a later date.

For now, he would do his best to explain all he knew, which wasn't very much at all.

Severus had many holes in his story, and as everyone sat rather at a loss Harry spoke up timidly.

"M-May I please see a m-mirror?"

Severus nodded and pulled his wand out. He muttered a short spell over his spoon and it promptly turned into a mirror. He handed it to his son, fearing what the boy might think.

Harry's gasp, and the shattering of the mirror that followed, created a stone of sickness form in Severus' stomach.

But, to his immense suprise, Harry suddenly sank to the floor, rambling on about apologies, and began picking up the pieces of the broken mirror.

"I'm s-sorry. I d-didn't mean t-to. I swear. I..."

Severus was baffled over this behavior. The boy tried to act so tough at times, but now he was acting like a beaten dog.

"POTTER!" he yelled, much too loudly, for Harry abandoned his quest and quickly backed up until he was against something hard-A wall?

Harry vaguely saw a large dark shadow coming toward him and he was suddenly stuck in a memory. He did the only thing his mind would allow.

He covered his head with his hands, and waited for impending doom.

"I'm s-sorry, Uncle. I didn't mean to b-break it. I'll c-clean it up" he spoke frantically, cutting his fingers from trying to pick up the glass.

Anger now boiling in his veins, Severus stopped short of reaching Harry. Turning directly, and in just three swift strides he grabbed a handful of floo powder and barked, "Arabella Figg," before disappearing completely.

From a chair across the room, Draco looked from Harry to where his godfather had just stood, to his own father with a total look of confusion written across his face.

"Father?"

Lucius was always a proud man, but what he'd just witnessed made him lose all sense of propriety and the man walked over to his newly found godson carefully.

In a voice Draco thought was only reserved for him his father knelt down and said gently, "Harry? Harry, I know you were somewhere else just now, but, I assure you, you are completely safe now. You are my godson, and I will let no harm come to you. I promise."

Lucius' smooth voice calmed Harry, despite years of learned hatred for the man. He suprised himself by leaning foward slightly, and was even more suprised when he felt large arms envelop him into a firm, secure embrace.

To say Draco was shocked was a gross understatement. His father hugged him when he was younger, but now only on occassion; and it was never like that!

An unbidden feeling of jealousy rose in Draco, though he tried hard to contain it.

~~~

Severus Snape was not a happy man. He was rarely happy on a good day. Not on his own accord, of course, but right now. Right now, he was really not happy.

Vernon and Petunia Dursley were going to regret ever hurting his son, of that he was more than certain.

He'd had a very lonely and deprived childhood as well. His father had beaten him merely because he was a wizard, and killed his own wife for the same reasons.

But, the fact that his own flesh and blood had gone through the same type of childhood severely unsettled him. He wanted revenge.

Revenge on the years of abuse on his son. Revenge on whomever thought that they could do this in the future!

But, Severus also knew better. The thirst for revenge had lead him down the wrong path before. The biggest mistake of his life, really. It had cost him everything.

And he'd be damned if anything or anyone tried to take away what little bit of life he had just gotten back.

He strode purposefully up to the door of #4 Privet Drive and rapted shortly on the door.

After five minutes of listening to the Dursleys trying to get their stories straight, presumably for any 'freaks' that might be outside, the door finally opened.

Severus mentally rolled his eyes. How deaf did they think he was?

"Ah, yes, sir? May I help you?" Senior Dursley asked, with ill-concealed suspicion lacing his words.

Severus smirked.

'This is going to be very entertaining!' Pushing himself through the door, Severus began what was going to be a very interesting night.

To be continued...
Questions and Lies by mserenity

Last Chapter:

"Ah, yes, sir? May I help you?" Senior Dursley asked, with ill-concealed suspicion lacing his words.

Severus smirked.

'This should be very entertaining!'

Pushing himself through the door, Severus began what was going to be a very interesting night.

~~~

"Yes, sir, I am here on behalf of one Harry James Potter. He was brought into custody roughly two days ago. Just to be sure, you are Mr. Potter's guardian, a Mr. Vernon Dursley, are you not?" Severus said importantly.

Vernon visibly paled at the mention of 'custody' and the title 'guardian.'

Struggling to collect himself Vernon spoke in a clear, but obviously strained tone, "Yes, that is correct," pushing his own defense he added quickly, "but he ran away about three days ago. He'd been caught by his Aunt, my wife, trying to hurt our son Dudley, and I punished him. Nothing but a few chores, of course, but more productive than anything that boy has ever had to do."

He finished with a hint of smugness, which only infuriated Severus more.

"So, he ran away after an apparent, ah, punishment, hm?" Severus paused for effect.

The Dursley's, no doubt, believed Severus to be a poleese man, but in all truth he was merely making a long list of different types of torture, the list getting more and more threatening with each new admission by the large man before him.

After a pregnant pause Severus finally spoke, "Well, Mr. Dursley, Mr. Potter, it seems, has grown fond of lying, as well as being lazy."

"Lying? What in God's gre-"

Severus cut him off with a loud, disbelieving snort. The Dursleys were entirely to sure of themselves.

"Mr. Dursley, I would not be seeking God in this instance, as it seems He will not be able to help you in this case."

Vernon was getting paler, but not quite the deathly pallor Severus was aiming for, so he continued.

"You will need to commit to extensive questioning to disprove your nephew's allegations-"

"Al-Allegations?" Vernon spluttered.

Clearly annoyed Severus continued through the man's shocked tones.

"Yes, allegations. Will you admit, up front, please that you intend to tell the truth about the questions about to be put forth?"

Vernon hastily complied and Severus mentally grinned. The idiotic man had just sworn, in the wizarding world, anyway, that he would not lie.

Severus knew the man would lie at every angle, thus putting him closer to being in a courtroom than he knew!

Severus felt like the cat who had gotten the cream while it was still cool.

He politely asked if Petunia would fetch tea while he went over a few more items with her husband.

When Petunia arrived back with tea things Vernon stood abruptly and ushered his wife back into the kitchen, claiming that she had forgotten biscuits.

'Stupid imbecile!' Severus thought.

He quickly poured a healthy dose of Veritaserum into the Dursley's cups and calmly waited until their return.

~~~

Once in the kitchen Vernon rounded on his wife.

"Petunia, dear, you mustn't say a word about anything, do you hear? You must let me do all of the talking. We must be careful around this man. I don't like the looks of him."

"But, Vernon! What if that-that brat said something we cannot-"

"NO! Do not say anything, under any circumstances!" Vernon said waspishly.

Petunia nodded in agreement and, grabbing the box of biscuits, followed her husband back out into the lounge, as though the conversation had never taken place.

Petunia offered the biscuits, and Severus, playing the dutiful house-guest, accepted a biscuit and sipped his tea idly, while waiting for the effects of the truth serum to begin working.

After Petunia had poured each a second cup of tea Severus pretended to be mulling about over his tea, before firing off questions.

'Time to go in for the kill' Severus smirked.

"So, Mr. Dursley, again, just for the record, exactly what types of punishment did you and your wife infl...instill on young Mr. Potter?"

The large man's tongue seemed to have a mind of it's own, and before he knew it he found himself answering.

"We tried just using verbal abuse, you know. But, when that didn't work we had to start using much more pursuasive techniques. Rotten apple, that boy! Just like his good-for-nothing father!"

Vernon seemed to be a little shocked that he had admitted that much, but it was how he felt, so he didn't concern himself too much over it.

Trying his best to remember that Dursley was speaking of James Potter, rather than himself, he continued in the interrogation.

"Exactly which types of methods did you try, Mr. Dursley? I know of so many, you know."

"Yes, I probably should've called you people. He was completely out of control, I tell you! We tried spankings, and then moved on to using a belt when he got a little older. But, that didn't work after long, either. That is when I started using my Smeltings cane! Worked for a while, too, but not quite as effective as I wanted. I started punching him and-"

Vernon's eyes widened and his face drained of all color. But, his mouth kept talking for him.

"Punched him wherever I could reach; anything to get my frustrations out. He's such a freak! Always doing strange things. Says he didn't know how things happened. But, I knew better!"

"And, how long have you been 'punishing' your nephew?" Severus bit out.

"Well, since he was around three, I suppose. Made him start cooking the meals when he was around five."

Petunia had dead fainted and Severus, although having more questions to ask, decided he'd had enough.

He stood up and took out his wand. When he pointed it at Vernon the beefy man yelped.

"YOU! You're one of those freaks!"

But Severus wasn't listening. He petrified Vernon and took a phial out of one of his many pockets.

He leaned down over the man and said, "Dursley, you should always be suspicious of who you let into your house. One day, it may not be a nice man, such as myself."

And with that, he poured the royal blue liquid down the man's throat and un-petrified him. He then obliviated both Dursleys and made his way out of the house, a smile playing across his face.

The Dursleys were about to experience one very unpleasant hour of pain.

To be continued...
More Revelations by mserenity

Draco was growing increasingly jealous.

"Father?" he tried.

"Draco, can you summon Piddi to make up a set of rooms for Harry?"

Slightly reluctant, Draco agreed.

When Piddi arrived he immediately shrieked at the sight of the Snape child.

"Piddi, don't scream again, okay? It is only Severus' son, eh..." Unable to think of a name Draco looked to his father.

"Just prepare a suite for young Master Snape, can you, Piddi?" Lucius uttered.

"Oh, yes, Master Lucius! Yes, I's be done in just one moments!" the elf gushed before disappearing with a tiny 'pop.'

"That elf is even more pitiful than when you hired him, father." Draco said wrinkling his nose.

"Yes, Dragon, he is, but-"

The fire roared with green flames and Severus stepped through with a satisfied smirk on his face.

The dark man made his way over to Lucius and Harry. He knelt down and gathered his son into his arms.

'He's so light!' Severus thought, worriedly.

"He fell asleep about ten minutes ago. He must have had some day!" Lucius said.

Severus looked back at his son. "You really have no idea."

Piddi had re-entered the room and was waiting for his Master to recognize him. But, he'd been standing there for at least twenty mintues before Lucius ever said anything.

Lucius was waiting for Piddi to announce his arrival, but it didn't seem as though the poor elf ever would, so he finally commanded, "Piddi, are young Master Snape's rooms ready for him?"

Severus' eyebrows rose to his hairline.

'Rooms?'

"Y-yes, Master Lucius! Theys be ready for him. Theys in the North wing Master Lucius!"

Severus turned to Lucius at once. "Lucius, those are the Slytherin Rooms! They must be changed!"

"Piddi is sorry, Masters. Piddi only chose those rooms because young Master Snape's Hogwarts House. Piddi will change them and put himself into the oven at once!"

Piddi began pulling at his ears, as though trying to tear them off.

"His House? What are you talking about, Piddi? P-Snape is a Gryffindor!" Draco said plainly.

"Pardoning me, Master Draco, but Piddi looked at Master Snape's aura. It is Slytherin, Master. I's sorry, Master. Piddi is bad, stupid elf. I's seeing aura wrongly. Piddi deserves-"

Draco interrupted him. "You're not to punish yourself anymore. It's getting ridiculous! I forbid it!" Draco looked thoughtful before he continued. "But, leave his rooms the way they are. They'll be fine, I'm sure."

Piddi nodded and quickly disappeared.

Lucius rounded on his only son. "Draco what silly game are you playing at?"

"Just leave it, father! Trust me, alright!"

Lucius looked to Severus and when the man said it was not an issue he let Severus take his son to his rooms.

Severus made his way out of the library, with Harry still in his arms, completely consumed by his thoughts.

'Abused. Father. Slytherin.What in Nine Hells was going on?"

How could the boy have failed so miserably at Occulumency, when he'd clearly mastered his feelings already?

Severus' thoughts were intercepted by Draco calling his name.

"Uncle Severus, why would she do this?"

"I do not know, Draco. But, I will find out, I assure you!" Severus answered tiredly.

Once in Harry's new rooms his father lay him down on the large bed and whipsered a charm that changed the boy's clothing before pulling the covers up to his chin.

Severus brushed Harry's hair out of his face and looked at his new-found son.

He paused at the door and whispered, "Sleep well, Harry" before going to his own rooms for a long night's slumber.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1347