The Half-Blood Prince by Ebbtide
Summary: A parallel between two important characters.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 1852 Read: 11818 Published: 16 Jul 2007 Updated: 17 Jul 2007
Story Notes:
Enjoy! :) Let me know what you think of this...different take on the Snape and Harry frienship/relationship.
Chapter 1 by Ebbtide

A young wizard pushed his way through the crowd of new and returning students on the train station platform. His black hair was cut short, but in an attractive fashion, and it shone like silk in the light of the fading sun. Soon it would be dark and the Hogwarts representative would arrive to herd them into horseless carriages - except for the first years, who would get a free ride across the Black Lake.

The young wizard was not a first year. This was his third year returning to Hogwarts at the urgings of his parents. He huddled inside a volumous black school robe to conserve heat in the bitterly cold weather. The students moved about him, stomping and breathing out clouds of breath. As underage witches and wizards, they were unable to use magic until they passed the wards of the school grounds. The young man's pale face and hands stood out starkly against his dark clothing. He did not look at anyone, satisfied to remain unnoticed.

****

A young wizard was jostled about by the crowd of new and returning students on the train station platform. His dark hair was short and stuck up rebelliously in all directions. It did not look to have been washed in a week, which proved to be the case. He looked through large, scratched glasses at the fading light of the sun. Soon it would be dark and the Hogwarts representative, Rubius Hagrid, would arrive to herd the students into horseless carriages - except for the first years, who would get a free ride across the Black Lake.

This young wizard was not a first year. It would be his third year returning to Hogwarts despite the unfortunate attacks on his person that had taken place in previous years and the loud disapproval of his Aunt and Uncle, whom he lived with during the summer. The young man slid his hands further into the pockets of his black school robe and wondered if it got colder each year. The students about him moved to keep warm, rubbing their hands and stomping their feet as they blew out clouds of cold breath. As underage witches and wizards, they were unable to use magic until they passed through the wards and onto school grounds. The young man's face paled as he thought about what this new school year could bring him. He did not look at anyone, satisfied to remain unnoticed for as long as possible. Maybe, if he kept his head down, the first years would not see his infamous scar right away.

The End.
End Notes:
Let me know what you thought! :)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1362