Harry and the Different Childhood by teddylonglong
Summary: When Harry is found at his relatives, beaten and injured, it is more than potions and magic can heal. Snape decides to try something truly extraordinary to give Harry the childhood he deserves.

A time travel story.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, James, Lily, McGonagall, Remus, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Child fic, Time Travel
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 19773 Read: 27508 Published: 01 Aug 2007 Updated: 18 Aug 2007
Epilogue by teddylonglong

It was shortly after lunch on Sunday when Minerva and Severus were thrown out of the fireplace in Albus’ office, where Albus, Lily, James, Remus, Sirius, Poppy and five-year-old Harry were impatiently waiting for them. Both of them gratefully took the phial Poppy held out to them and downed it, relaxing visibly. As soon as the dizziness from the long Floo travel had passed, Minerva and Severus stood up. However, before they could look for an empty chair to sit down, they were immediately pulled in bear’s hugs by Lily and James.

James cleared his throat and said, trying to ignore the clump that was building up in his throat, “Thank you so much, both of you; really I just don’t know what to say; anyway we appreciate so very much what you have done for us; thank you!”

With this, Lily burst into tears and Minerva joined her only seconds later. Sirius then surprised everybody by grasping Severus' hand and giving him a tearful handshake.

Harry went over to Severus and pulled his robes a few times in order to get his godfather’s attention, until Severus bowed down onto eyes’ height with him and threw him an enquiring glance. Then Harry asked, “Uncle Severus, may I join your first years’ Potions class again tomorrow morning? I have already read through the next two texts in the book and have taken notes about the ingredients.”

Severus smirked and put a hand on Harry’s shoulder, before he answered, “Yes, Harry, you may. You can help me teach the dunderheads again.”

 

The End.
End Notes:
I do not own any of the characters in this story; they all belong to J.K.Rowling or are a free creation, and I am not earning anything by writing this story. Thanks to Glenda for correcting my mistakes.

Please have a look at my Yahoo news group page for the story graphic (maybe there will be chapter graphics later as well, I'm not sure yet).

The whole story has been re-written in February 2008

Thanks for reading - and reviewing :-)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1374