Play Places Can Be Dangerous by Sukisho816
Summary: Response to Children are Troublesome Challenge.

For some reason, Snape is taking care of a three year old Harry Potter. They go somewhere and Harry gets hurt. How does Snape make him feel better and/or heal his wound(s)?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Child fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Prompts: Children are Troublesome
Challenges: Children are Troublesome
Series: Playplaces can be Dangerous
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1002 Read: 5034 Published: 10 Aug 2007 Updated: 11 Aug 2007
Play Places Can Be Dangerous by Sukisho816

Snape awoke that morning as he did almost every morning. Being jerked awake by Harry bouncing on his bed.

He has forgone the customary alarm charms to waken him, for the ball of energy now alternating between jumping on his bed and on his legs.

“C'mon Sev, get up, I'm hungry and bored.”

Snape sat up and rubbed his eyes, he grabbed Harry around the waist and pulled him down to sit on his lap.

“Must you do this every morning?”

Innocent eyes looked up at him, “Yes.”

Snape sighed and got out of bed, he slipped his feet into his Slytherin green slippers and carried Harry into the dining room on his hip.

Harry didn't mind, he kind of liked it when Snape carried him also he knew he was going to get food.

He sat Harry at the table and called for a house elf to bring breakfast. Snape sat across from Harry to wait for their food.

“I thought we could have a trip out today, What do you think?”

Harry was instantly excited, he loved going out, not to say that he didn't like it here in the castle, but outside was way better.

“Yes, yes, yes!”

“Thought you might enjoy it.”

At that moment their food arrived, oatmeal for Harry and toast for Snape, both with glasses of orange juice.

////////

Getting Harry ready for their little excursion was a trial in and of itself. He had to bathe him and put him in clothes. Harry didn't usually like the clothes that Snape picked out for him and they always ended up fighting a little before Harry gave up and accepted the clothes.

Now with both dressed and ready to go Snape took Harry's hand and led him done the path and out the gates of Hogwarts.

“So where are we going, Sev?”

“That's for me to know and for you to find out.”

“Aww, c'mon Sev.”

“No, you'll find out when we get there.”

“Fine.” Harry said with a little pout.

They walked to the edge of the wards, until Snape could safely apperate to their destination.

/////////

They arrived right in front of the building and walked inside.

The inside was large and spacious, Harry looked around in wonder. This was his first time here and he was in awe.

Snape had a small smile on his face as he looked at the boy's amazement. He led them to the entrance of the arena where a happy looking witch was standing.

“Hello and welcome to Helga's Playhouse, the wizarding world's largest indoors playground(1).”

Snape payed for the both of them and they walked onto the mat where they were supposed to take off their shoes. Harry did so as fast as he could and ran off in the general direction if the structure.

Snape did so more calmly, he placed both his and Harry's shoes in the little cubbie holes they were allotted and sat down on the benched where other parents were watching their children.

Even though Harry wasn't his true son, Snape thought of him as such. Snape smiled at the memory of when Snape had first taken Harry into his care, Harry was only two and very frightened of him, it took a lot of coaxing for the little boy to trust him, but now, Harry couldn't not trust him.

Snape heard his name being called, he looked up and there was Harry on a platform at the very top of the structure holding onto the rail with one hand and the other waving energetically around to get his attention.

He gave a small wave back and was just turning to look at something that had caught his eye when he heard a terrified scream and saw his little boy falling fast, one of the larger kids had shoved him right over the edge.

Snape jumped into action, he ran as fast as he could but he wasn't fast enough, Harry hit the mat with a hard thump. He could feel his heart stop at the sight.

He rush to the fallen boy's side and gently lifted him into his arms.

“Harry....Harry, c'mon wake up son.”

He patted the boy's cheek and finally the eye lids fluttered open.

“Daddy?”

“Oh Harry.”

There was a crowd around them now, people were whispering and pointing. Snape didn't care Harry was alive but looked like he was in a lot of pain.

Snape rose with Harry still in his arms and retrieved their shoes and left with a flourish. He got to St. Mungo's as fast as he could. The nurse that meet with them rushed Harry back, and made him wait in the waiting room. Snape didn't want to be here he wanted to be with is boy.

He realized with a sad smile that before was the first time Harry had called him Daddy or any other fatherly word, it had always been Sev or Sev'rus.

///////

The doctor came to see Snape a while later. He told Snape that Harry had a mild concussion and some massive bruising on his back. The doctor said it was a miracle they boy had so little injuries. Snape was instantly relieved, his boy was going to be ok.

The doctor took Snape back to the room Harry was staying in and left the two alone.

Snape walked up to the side of the bed and rubbed the small head covered in soft, unruly hair. Harry looked up at him and smiled.

“Sev?”

“Yes, Harry. I'm glad you are not hurting anymore.”

“Me too.”

“Obviously.”

Snape sat in the chair that was provided by the bed. He kept his hand in Harry's not wanting to let him go. He rubbed his thumb over the back of the tiny hand.

“You scared me Harry, I thought I'd lost you.”

“I'm sorry.”

“You have nothing to apologize for, just never do it again. You took a good ten years off my life.”

Harry smiled, “I promise I won't.” Harry paused in thought. “When are we going home?”

“When the doctor says so.”

“Ok.”

Silence reigned again until Harry broke it.

“Sev?”

“Yes, Harry?”

“'Love you.”

“I love you too.”

The End.
End Notes:
I modeled this after I place I used to go as a kid. It was called the Discovery Zone. It was like a McDonald's play place in side on a much larger scale.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1377