Bath Time can be Interesting by Sukisho816
Summary: This is a side story in the Playplaces can be dangerous universe. After a long day of play young Harry Potter needs a bath and who has to help him? None other than his care taker Severus Snape, a look into how bath time can be for this pair.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Child fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Playplaces can be Dangerous
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 543 Read: 4036 Published: 07 Sep 2007 Updated: 07 Sep 2007
Story Notes:
In this little tid bit, you (the reader) can interpret Harry's age however you like. I wasn't really sure, how old he should be.
Chapter 1 by Sukisho816

Harry had played outside all day today and he was exhausted. Father had been out there with him most of the time, only retiring a few times for some rest in which case a house elf would look after him. While playing Harry hardly noticed anything other that the game he was focused on, but when he came in he was well a where of how dirty and sweaty he was, he knew father didn't like him this way so while he was brewing some tea, Harry went into the bathroom and attempted to get cleaned up.

Severus had only looked away for a minute or two, to put a pot of water on to boil and when he turned around Harry was gone. He looked around the kitchen, under the table and chairs then went into the living room, still no Harry. That's when he heard a crash from the bathroom. Snape raced over and pulled open the door. There on the ground in a heap was Harry. He was mixed up with a stool and was looking a little dazed. Snape kneeled down next to him and pick him up.

“Just what were you doing?”

Harry looked up at him with shame written on his face, “I was washing when I fell.”

“I can see that, why were you washing by yourself?”

“'cuz I'm dirty and didn't want to bother you.”

“Harry, you're never a bother. You just have to ask for help sometimes. I will always help you.”

Harry nodded and smiled a little.

“Now, would you like some assistance?”

“Yes, please.”

Severus unclothed Harry and placed him in the tub. He spelled warm water to fill it, with lots of bubble bath.

Harry was in awe at the amount of bubbles in the bath with him. They were all the way up to his chest. He let out a small giggle, they tickled too.

Snape smiled at the scene, harry was become more and more comfortable with him, with each passing month. He passed Harry a wash cloth and left him alone to bathe with the instruction of, call for me when you're finished.

//////////

Snape stood outside the closed bathroom door, the entire time. He wanted to be there in the case that Harry needed him.

He was not needed though, which Severus was relieved for. When Harry called for, he walked in and helped the boy out. He towel dried him and helped him into a clean pair of pajamas.

The tea was never made and after the scare and the bath all Severus wanted to do was sleep. He lead Harry into his room and tucked him in. He was about to leave when there was a tug on his sleeve. He looked down and saw a little hand grasping it. He sat back down on the bed and looked at Harry.

“What is it Harry?”

“Thank you, for helping me.”

“Always, Harry, always.” He leaned down and gave Harry a kiss on the forehead.

Harry smiled up at him as he got up to leave again, Snape gave a kind of smile back. As he was shutting the door, he turned around and whispered, “Good night.”

Harry said it back and shut his eyes, slowly falling asleep. Severus closed the door completely and went to his own room.

The End.
End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed this, I should have the next installment of the PPCBD series out soon. Please rate a comment.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1409