Slytherin's Secret Lair by Alexis8907
Summary: Alec & friends are in for another rough year when strange things began happening. Messages get left on walls, strange voices are heard and this years defense teacher is a joke. Most importantly, who is the Heir of Slytherin?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Other
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption
Takes Place: 2nd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: Adventures of Alec Snape
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 37003 Read: 59264 Published: 08 Sep 2007 Updated: 29 Feb 2008
Forms Revealed by Alexis8907

The unnerving darkness didn’t last long since lights soon filtered into a dark forest scene. Countless trees were littered about, all covered in a fresh powder of snow. The wind rustled and the trees swayed back and forth. High above, a branch snapped and the twig fell to the ground. Following after the branch, a pure white snow leopard landed gracefully near at the foot of the tree it pounced from…


The early morning darkness was being chased away as the morning sun slowly rose to start the day. The dry open lands were silent at this early hour. The once dark sky was lightening until it reached a blue hazy color. Not a cloud was seen in the sky. The only thing spied up above was the black raven that took flight from its nest…


The sounds of waves crashing in the distance were heard from all around. The icy waters crashed against the iceberg until a portion cracked and disappeared into the watery depth. The sun’s piercing rays didn’t affect the frozen land in the slightest bit. With one paw in the water, the giant polar bear snatched another fish to devour…


“Alec?” a voice called out from afar. “Alec, can you hear me?”

The second year Ravenclaw groaned.

“That’s it,” the voice praised. “Time to return to the land of the living.”

Alec slowly opened one eye before quickly shutting it. “ ’s too bright,” he mumbled. From behind closed eyes, the boy could tell that lights had been dimmed.

“You can open your eyes now,” a familiar voice encouraged.

Alec complied and met the gaze of his concerned father. He sat up slowly and looked towards his two friends who were still out of it.

“How long did that last?” the boy questioned, rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes.

“Approximately thirty minutes. Your friends should wake soon seeing as they too ingested the potion only moments after you,” Severus replied.

Sure enough, a groan was heard from Lisa and from Josh. Alec helped Lisa sit up while his father did the same for his other friend.

“That was weird,” Josh commented, causing Alec to snicker. “Well it was. I remember water. Icy cold water. Then I saw a huge polar bear snatch up a fish. So I guess I am a polar bear. Not what I expected, but it works,” Josh said.

“So what did you guys see?” he looked pointedly towards his two friends.

“I found out I’m a black raven,” Lisa said, getting ready to go into a mini-lecture. “When I was younger, I read about them and I’ve heard myths-”

“Aw, not another lecture,” Josh groaned. “You can tell us about what you read later.”

“So what is your form, Alec?” Josh asked, causing Lisa to huff in annoyance at being cut off.

“Well, I think I take after my dad. I’m not a panther like he is, but I am in the cat family. I-” Alec began before his friend interrupted.

“Please don’t tell me you’re a common house cat! That’d be so boring.”

Alec rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“There is nothing wrong with being a common house cat. Professor McGonagall happens to be a Tabby,” Severus interjected. “Did she not start her class on your very first day with her usual transformation display?”

“She did but I guess he,” Lisa pointed towards Josh, “had forgotten about that. Good thing Professor McGonagall wasn’t here to take offense to that remark or else you’d loose us some house points.”

“Anyways,” Alec interrupted before they’d argue further. “I am a snow leopard.”

“I’ve read about them and how their coat turns white in the winter. Are you brown with spots and rings or all white? Do you think you’ll change to white in the winter?” Lisa rambled.

“It was white,” Alec recalled. “Although there was snow everywhere so it’s possible that in winter I’ll be white and in the other seasons, just brown or whatever. I’m not sure. I still have to read up on everything. My colors may or may not change.”

“I would’ve expected you to be a black cat of sorts since you have black hair and all but having white fur is certainly interesting,” Josh added in.

“If you two are done discussing my fur, then how about we head to lunch?”

Josh’s stomach growled and he nodded energetically. As the three Ravenclaws headed towards the door, Alec paused and walked back to give his father a brief hug.

“Thank you for helping us with all this,” Alec muttered with his face buried in his father’s robes and his arms around the potions master.

“Go join your friends,” Severus said as Alec pulled away. “And do not even think of trying anything unless I am supervising. You three can do nothing but research for the time being,” he added sternly.

“’Kay. Bye.” Alec headed to the corridor where his best two friends were waiting and the three traipsed off to lunch before they headed to the Library to learn about their forms.


The rest of September flew by rather swiftly. In between classes, homework, studying, and Alec’s Quidditch practice, October arrived quickly. In between all those things, the three Ravenclaws didn’t have much time to find information about their forms. They found some basic knowledge but needed more such as books on the animals’ bone structure.

October flew by almost as quickly as September seeing as Halloween was here and the first Quidditch match was only a few days away. Alec’s twelfth birthday on the 21st was celebrated with a small party similar to last year’s in their rooms.

“Happy Halloween!” Josh said energetically on the morning of the 31st, as he slipped into a seat across from his friend at the Ravenclaw table.

Alec yawned before replying, “You’re awful awake this morning. You have some coffee or something?”

“Nope,” his dark-haired roommate replied just as energetically.

Alec sighed and rubbed his eyes tiredly. “It’s going to be one of those long days.”

“Hurry up boys,” Lisa said from a few seats away. “We have potions first thing and I don’t think your father would appreciate it if we’re late.”

The boys gathered their book bags and followed the blond witch out of the hall. Just as they exited, a large bushy-haired man walked towards them with a dead rooster in his hand.

“Eww!” Lisa shrieked.

“Som’tin has bin killin’ all the roosters,” the large man known as Hagrid explained before continuing on towards the Headmaster’s office.

“That was gross,” Josh said. “Hey--look at that. That’s weird.” Josh pointed towards an open window. Upon closer inspection, a trail of spiders were fleeing from the castle.

“Hm, I didn’t know spiders did that.” Lisa said.

“Let’s think about it later. We’ve got to hurry or we’ll be late.”


“Welcome to the first Quidditch match of the year, Ravenclaw versus Gryffindor!!” Lee Jordan announced.

“Captains shake hands,” Madam Hooch instructed. Zachary Kirkland, the Ravenclaw team’s captain, stretched his hand out to shake the hand of the opposing team’s captain.

“Let the game begin!” Lee announced as the Quaffle was tossed in the air.

“Gryffindor is first to gain possession of the Quaffle. Alicia Spinet passes is off to Angelina Johnson and she then shoots--and scores! Gryffindor leads ten points to zero!”

Lee Jordan continued to announce each play that the chasers made while Alec searched the skies for the Golden Snitch.

Alec caught a flash of gold to the side and froze when he turned towards it. The Golden Snitch was hovering right beside the Gryffindor Seeker. In hopes of distracting the other player, Alec dove towards the ground. Assuming Alec had seen the Snitch, the other Seeker took off after the Ravenclaw.

The dark-haired boy pulled out of the dive and looked towards the area where he’d last seen the Snitch. Unfortunately the little golden ball was nowhere to be found. Alec turned to the left and quickly dove downwards to avoid the oncoming Bludger. The black ball passed him up before turning around and coming straight at him again. The young Seeker took off towards the nearest Beater, which was one of the Weasley twins, and they smacked it away.

“Watch yourself, Alec,” the twin advised.

“I’m trying but I swear that thing is following me,” Alec said, and to unintentionally prove his point, the Bludger had once again redirected its course and came flying back at Alec.

“Whoa, I’ve never seen that happen before,” the redhead muttered as he smacked the Bludger away.

Before the Gryffindor Beater could comment any further, Alec spotted the Golden Snitch. It was hovering below the Ravenclaw goal posts. Before taking off, Alec searched for the other Seeker’s position, hoping that he was not closer than him. At the moment, luck was on his side since the other Seeker was hovering near the Gryffindor goal posts.

Luck, however, was no longer on his side because the Bludger that had been chasing him had finally caught up with him. It slammed into his right shoulder. The pain was intense and Alec felt himself slipping on his broom but he managed to push the pain to the back of his mind before he took off after the snitch. He had a game to win after all and his arm should be able to wait until then. The other Seeker was flying towards him, finally having seen the flying golden ball.

Alec’s small size and better broom allowed him to reach the Snitch first. Holding on only with his knees, the dark-haired boy stretched out his left arm and grabbed the golden ball. The moment he grabbed it, he lost his balance, fell 12 feet and landed, painfully jarring his broken arm, in the sand.

Alec groaned painfully and fought to stay conscious. In the distance he heard Lee Jordan announcing that Ravenclaw won but winning was the last thing on his mind. The fall didn’t help his injured arm and now he had a horrible headache from hitting the ground. Everything was swimming dizzily and when a moment of clarity arrived, he saw a blond man with an obnoxious smile.

“I’ll fix you right up!” Lockhart said cheerfully. “I’m sure your father will appreciate me helping you out.”

“No!” Alec tried to say but it came out in a pained whisper. It was too late to stop Lockhart, for the man had uttered some unknown spell.

Alec’s once pained arm was blissfully numb and he turned his head to look at it. The Ravenclaw’s eyes widened when he saw the state of his hand, which was all he could see at the moment. It looked like a thick flesh-covered rubber glove and when he tried to move it, nothing happened.

The Seeker groaned, this time in annoyance rather than pain.

Alec looked away from his arm and caught sight of his father pushing through the crowd to reach his son.

Lockhart turned his head to where the boy was looking and paled.

Severus Snape looked beyond furious.

Alec turned his gaze back to Lockhart and smirked. “You’re really gonna get it now.”

The End.
End Notes:
I've had plenty written for a while but I'll admit to getting distracted by my new story. So enjoy both new chapters that I've posted for this!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1410