Friends can be Fun by Sukisho816
Summary: Snape and Harry visit the Malfoy's and Harry makes a new friend.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Lucius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Child fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Playplaces can be Dangerous
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1237 Read: 3683 Published: 30 Sep 2007 Updated: 01 Oct 2007
Story Notes:
Once again I couldn't deside Harry's age, so you can make Harry however old you like.
Chapter 1 by Sukisho816

When Harry woke up this morning, his Daddy was already eating breakfast. He sat down opposite and took a piece of toast to nibble on.

“Good Morning, Harry.” Snape said while sipping his coffee.

“ 'morning.” Harry replied around a mouth full of toast and orange juice.

“Do not talk with your mouth full.”

Harry nodded.

//////

With breakfast eaten, they were sitting in the living room. Harry looking through one of his picture books and Snape reading one of his own.

Snape paused in his reading and looked up at Harry, a small smile graced his face. Harry had the tip of his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth, a look of concentration on his face. He was trying to figure out how to say all the words, Snape had been teaching him simple ones.

“Harry.”

Harry looked up and met his father's eyes, a questioning looked in his eyes.

“How would you like to visit someone today?”

Harry thought about it and asked, “Who?”

“The Malfoys, I've known them for a long time and they have invited us over for the afternoon. They want to meet you.”

“Why?”

“Because you're special, but you need to promise me something, I may have known them for a long time but, they are not very good people. Do not lower your guard around them.”

“Um...ok, Daddy.”

“Now, you won't be bored there, they have a son, Draco, who is about your age.”

“Awesome, will we get to play?”

“Most likely. Now go and get ready. We will be leaving shortly.”

Harry got up and calmly walked towards his room, he knew Daddy didn't like when he ran. He walked as fast as he could though, the thought of a new friend excited him, especially since this one would be his own age. His friends now where either teachers, students, or house-elves.

Harry imagined what Draco would be like while pulling on his shirt and trousers. Would he be fun and outgoing or quiet and shy like he used to be, and sort of was now.

At half passed eleven, Snape took Harry through the floo. They appeared in a large, elegant living room. Full of furniture and other shiny things.

Harry was in awe, he had no idea there were rooms this big outside of Hogwarts. He clung to Daddy's pant leg, a little intimidated by the sheer size of the room. He wondered if the whole house was like this.

A woman dressed in fine, expensive looking clothes came in the room through a passage on the other side of the room. She had long, pale, blonde hair and cool gray eyes. In Harry's opinion she didn't look very friendly.

She came up to them and stood there looking down at him and then back to Snape.

“Severus, so glad you could come.” She offered up her hand and Snape obliged by kissing the back of it.

“And this must be Harry.” She looked back down at him and gave a kind of smile. Harry nodded then looked away. He didn't know if he would like her very much.

“Lucius and Draco are in the sitting room, please follow me.”

She turned and left the way she had came. They followed after her, Snape had his hand on Harry's back, guiding him and making sure he didn't bolt away.

When they arrived in the next room, Harry was once again in awe. This room was just as big and elegant as the last.

In an over stuffed, black, leather arm chair sat a man with a hard looking face, he had long blonde hair too. He was dressed in a dark black suit and was holding a silver cane with a snake's head on top(the pimp cane). Harry was afraid of this man, he got as close to Severus as he could.

The scary man stood and walked towards him.

“So this is the famous Harry Potter.” He stopped in front of them and inclined his head to both of them. Severus put his hand on Harry's shoulder as a show of support for the little boy who was shaking in fear.

“Yes, this is him.” That was the only answer he gave.

“Draco, come and introduce yourself to our young friend here.”

A boy a little taller than Harry, with the same blonde hair as his parents, got up off the couch he was sitting and came towards them.

He stood in front of Harry and stuck out his hand. “Draco.”

Harry copied him, this was the first time he had to introduced himself. “Harry.”

They shook hands and stepped back. Draco looked at Harry, Harry looked back at Draco and they smiled. Harry was over joyed his first real friend.

Draco turned to his father. When his father acknowledged him Draco asked, “Can I go and show Harry my room?”

“Can you?”

“May I?”

“Yes, you may.”

Draco thanked him and grasped Harry's wrist to take him out of the room and up the stairs.

Harry looked to his father as he was dragged from the room, Severus inclined his head to give his permission, even though Harry was practically out the door.

They went up the stairs and down a hallway. Draco stopped in front of two large double doors. He opened them and stepped inside, Harry followed after.

He let out a small gasp as he walked in, he had never seen a bedroom so large, It was painted a medium green with silver accents. The room was perfectly clean and neat without a speak of dirt anywhere. Draco had high bookshelves packed with books of various sizes, he had two toy chests at the foot of his massive bed with sheets that has snitches flying across.

“This is your room?” Harry asked stunned.

“Well yes, of course. So you wanna play or something?”

“Ok.”

Draco went over to one shelf and pulled down a chess set and set it on the floor in front of Harry. He sat down and began to set it up.

Harry sat down across from him and watched him. When Draco had it all set up he moved one of the pieces and looked to Harry expectantly.

Harry looked down ashamed and didn't say anything.

“Harry? What's wrong?”

“I...I don't know how to play.”

Draco thought for a moment then answered, “Its ok, I'll teach you.”

Harry smiled and payed attention as Draco explained the rules, how to win and how the pieces move.

When Harry had all the basics down. He played a practice game with Draco, then a real game.

When Severus and Lucius came to check on them a few hours later, they found them sleeping next to each other across from the chess board.

Severus went over and picked Harry up and placed him on his hip. Harry blinked his eyes open and looked around.

“Are we going now, Daddy?”

“Yes.”

Harry's eyes sought out Draco, who was just was waking up on a count of his father shaking his shoulder.

Harry wiggled down and and stood next to Draco. They walked down the stairs heading towards the front door.

When they arrived Harry was sad, he didn't want to leave his new friend. Snape and Lucius shook hands and said their goodbyes. Harry and Draco looked at each other, Harry could tell Draco felt the same way he did.

“Bye, Harry.”

“Bye, Draco.”

Harry went to the other boy and took him into an embrace.

“I'll miss you, Dray.”

“I'll miss you, too.”

Snape took Harry by the hand and led him out the door.

“Daddy?”

“Yes, Harry?”

“Can Draco come over next week?”

“We'll see, we'll see.”

The End.
End Notes:
Hope you liked it, please tell me what you think.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1420