Harry and the Changed Time Line (1) by teddylonglong
Summary: After the demise of Voldemort, Harry accidentally time travels to the Marauders' time, spends some time there, spends a lot of time in the hospital wing, and changes the time line to finally find his own family. Completely AU.
Beta-ed by Breannatala, Re-post of the Original story (revised version)
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hagrid, James, Lily, McGonagall, Other, Remus, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Resorting, Time Travel
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: The Changed Time Line
Chapters: 34 Completed: Yes Word count: 113910 Read: 140597 Published: 04 Oct 2007 Updated: 04 Oct 2007
Dance Party by teddylonglong
 

Chapter 32 – Dance Party

Harry raced immediately after his father and succeeded in catching him and holding him with the arm while his hand was still gripping the Snitch. Somehow, he managed to get both of them to the ground, before they instantly collapsed. Far away, he could hear the Minister blow the whistle and held his hand with the Snitch up for everyone to see. A short mument later, equally far away, he could hear Professor McGonagall announce, “Mr. Pane has caught the snitch.”

The Minister added, “Hogwarts wins 150:00. Congratulations Hogwarts!”

Now Severus’ voice penetrated his ear, “Harry, are you all right? Can you open your eyes for me?”

Reluctantly Harry opened his eyes and brought himself into a sitting position. “I’m fine. How is James? Is he alright?” he asked and watched Pomfrey putting his father on a stretcher.

Then she kneeled next to him and asked, “Are you all right Harry? Can you get up?” When Harry nodded, she added, “Nice catch by the way; you have probably saved his life; he only has a broken leg.”

Now Dumbledore’s voice resounded through the microphone. “Thank you all for a nice but very short Quidditch game. Now you can have the whole day for yourselves until our Dance party starts in the Great Hall at 6:00 pm. If you are hungry, you will find a luncheon buffet in the Great Hall from about 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. Please help yourselves.”

“Harry, do you think you could heal James?” asked Lily, who had just joined them.

Harry glanced tiredly at her and slightly shook his head. “I don’t know, Lily, I’m sorry, I’m probably too tired.” He glanced at Poppy and asked, “Should I try?”

However, Severus intervened and said, “Let’s accompany you to the Hospital Wing first, and you let Madam Pomfrey check you, before you even think about it.”

-----

When they arrived at the Hospital Wing, Pomfrey put James on a bed and motioned him to wait for a mument so she could check Harry and decide if he was well enough to heal him. Then she went over to Harry’s room, checked on him and frowned. “This morning I had hoped you were back to normal, but your fever is back again in full force. You cannot heal James, and probably you won’t even be able to attend the Dance party tonight. Take off your Quidditch robes and lie down and wait for a mument; I’ll give James his Potion first and then come back.”

“James won’t be able to go to the Dance either, will he?” Lily asked anxiously.

“No, definitely not. He will have to drink Skelete-Gro Potion and stay overnight,” was the answer.

Harry laughed. “Wow, Severus, aren’t you lucky?” Severus glared at him.

Hearing this, Lily asked astonished, “Why?”

“Because… He wanted to go to the dance together with you, Lily.” Harry laughed again and noticed Lily was warily glancing at Severus, who sent a small smile in her direction.

“Harry, you…! Anyway, Lily, would you give me the pleasure of accompanying me to the dance?”

Lily smiled happily and said, “Yes of course, I’d love to.”

When Poppy came back, Harry sat up and said with a very stern face, “Madam Pomfrey, I know how protective you are, and I promise I will do anything you say, but please, I have to attend the dance tonight. I promise that I won’t dance or do anything apart from sitting there and talking to people. You know, I have organized everything, and I am the Captain of the Hogwarts team, and I just have to go! Please let me go!” he begged her. Pomfrey sighed.

Severus decided to help his friend. “Madam, during the last few weeks – since Harry was having problems – I have tried to invent a stronger Fever reducer especially for him. It should also support his immune system a little, and I have just yesterday brewed the first small batch. Could we perhaps try it out on this occasion? He would be able to take it every four hours at the most, so maybe that could help him to attend the dance tonight.”

In the evening, Harry was able to attend the dance party.

-----

“Dear Minister, dear guests from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, dear Hogwarts residents, I want to thank every one of you for a – in my opinion – grandiose Quidditch tournament. It could not have taken place without the efforts and assistance of every one of you, and I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did. Now let’s have dinner first, and afterwards the group ‘The Bay City Rollers’ will play for us so we can dance,” Harry announced.

After this statement, his words were drowned out by loud applause from all parts of the Great Hall. Dumbledore motioned for him to go back to his table and sit down. And as soon as the noise decreased, Dumbledore stood and said, “The only thing I have to add to Harry’s words is ‘Thanks Harry for a very well organized enjoyable event’ and ‘Please tuck in everyone’.”

On his way back to Merlin table, Harry noticed that Sirius seemed a bit lonely at the Gryffindor table; so he went over to Sirius and motioned him to come with him to Merlin table.

“Don’t you think McGonagall will kill me?” Sirius asked and Harry couldn’t help laughing. Sirius was afraid of eating at a different table. Ridiculous!

He went over to his grandmother and asked, “Granny, Sirius is all alone at his table. Would you mind him sitting at Merlin table just for tonight?”

She threw a glance at Harry, which turned into a small smile when she said, “All right, but only for tonight!”

“Thank you!” Harry beamed and went back to Sirius. “You may; so come on,” he whispered to Sirius, who immediately got up from his seat, his eyes shining with joy. In the meantime, food had arrived on the tables, and it was like at the welcoming feast – the House elves had just outdone themselves.

When everyone was full and the tables were cleared, Dumbledore rose again from his seat. “As Harry has already announced, he has invited the group ‘The Bay City Rollers’ for tonight, and I would like you all to welcome them with a huge applause.”

In an instant the grand doors of the Great Hall opened and Harry (Severus and Lily had not even noticed that Harry had left his seat between them) guided The Bay City Rollers up to the large stage just beside the Head Table. They were welcomed by a deafening applause. Harry quickly got back to his seat, and The Bay City Rollers began to play immediately. His grandparents were the first on the stage and opened the dance; after a few songs, Lily dragged Severus up to dance as well. Remus asked Amelia to dance, and Harry and Sirius had fun looking at their friends dancing.

During the evening several girls came to Harry and invited him to dance, but he always said, “Sorry, I’m not allowed to dance, but my friend Sirius would love to,” and enjoyed Sirius’ flirting with everyone.

Even his grandmother came and asked Harry to dance, but he stayed firm. “Sorry, Granny, but I made a deal with Pomfrey and promised not do dance, so I won’t.” She glanced at him suspiciously but relaxed when he added, “I’m fine; it’s just that I gave her my word.”

“Oh, that’s okay Harry; do you mind me sitting with you for a mument?”

“No, of course not. As you can see, I am sitting here alone anyway; everyone is dancing. I think my choice of the group was not the worst,” he said jokingly and she agreed.

“Harry, I think you did very well in the organization of the whole tournament. Everything was a complete success.” After a mument she asked a little hesitantly, “Harry, how are you faring? I know, that you are still not very well; are you able to learn for the NEWTs? Or would you like to leave them for the future, or to do just a few of them now and the others in the future?”

“No Granny, I’m fine. I had to stay in bed a lot, but Pomfrey didn’t forbid me to study, as long as I didn’t do it after curfew or too many hours at once. So I think I’ll be all right with my NEWTs. I have always done my homework for every class; you know that, don’t you? Lily and Severus helped me a lot of course. And I have still two weeks until the tests start.”

“No!” his grandmother interrupted him, “One week! The NEWTs start on Monday in a week! And after they are finished, you have still one week until the holidays. It is scheduled like this in order to give the students the chance to just enjoy Hogwarts with their friends for the remaining time.”

Harry’s face had turned pale. “Are you sure? I mean… sorry, I just didn’t know that. But… I will attempt them, and if I fail, I’ll just have to do it again in the future, won’t I?”

“Exactly; if you have any problems with the preparation for the tests, come and see me, I’ll help you.”

“Thank you very much Granny. Um… do I have to make another announcement or anything tonight?”

“Shall I go and ask Albus?” Harry slightly nodded, and McGonagall went over to the Head Table and went into a huddle with her husband, before she came back to sit next to Harry.

“Albus told me, he will interrupt the dance for the presentation of the Quidditch Cup which you should take from him. Later it will be put in the Headmaster’s Office. Can you wait so long?”

“Yes, of course”, Harry replied. “No problem.”

At his very instant, the song ended, and Dumbledore quickly spoke into the microphone. “May I ask for a short break and your attention for a minute please?!” He waited until everyone was sitting again and continued with a twinkle in his eyes. “As you know, a tournament is nothing without a Cup at the end, and at this stage I would like to present the Quidditch Cup to the captain of our Hogwarts Team, Mr. Harry Pane.”

Lily and Severus pushed Harry from his seat and in the direction of the Head Table. Harry went over to his grandfather and took the beautiful golden Cup from him, which had a fine gold engraving of the names of the three teams together with their school emblems, as well as their team members’ names together with their positions. He took the microphone from his grandfather and said, “I would like the members of the Hogwarts team, both our teams of course, to gather for a mument”. As soon as his first and second team had gathered around him, he showed the cup around and once again thanked his members for their good playing skills, before he motioned his team to come with him to Dumbledore and offer the Cup to him for the Headmaster’s Office.

The headmaster took the cup from him with a beautiful twinkle in his eyes.

Severus went back to Merlin table and recounted how pretty the cup was, when Lily suddenly asked, “Severus, where’s Harry?”

“I don’t know Lily, I thought he was straight behind me,” he answered and Remus and Sirius glanced at each other questioningly.

Only four eyes had registered that Harry had left the Great Hall through the side door that was behind the teachers’ table. After a few words with Poppy, Minerva left the hall as well to put her grandchild to bed. As Harry was quite tired, she caught up with him quickly and accompanied him to his room, where she let him take off his dress robes, transfigured his clothes into pyjamas, gave him a Fever-reducing Potion and tucked him in. Finally she gave him a kiss on his forehead and said, “Good night Harry. I’m very proud of you.”

Harry smiled back and mumbled, “Good night Granny.” He was asleep even before his grandmother had left the room to look after James, who had been stuck in the Hospital Wing for the whole evening.

-----

In the morning, Harry was told he should better not go to Hogsmeade, but he didn’t care at all; he would just stay in his room and read and study for the NEWTs. James wasn’t allowed to go either, and Poppy suggested he could visit Harry and have breakfast together and maybe even study together. So James stayed with Harry for the whole day, while the four other Marauders went to Hogsmeade with a few students from Beauxbatons.

When Pomfrey came and brought lunch for them, James sighed and asked Harry, “Harry, may I ask you something?”

Harry glanced at him and shrugged.

“Yes, why, of course.”

“Harry, who are you? Are you a cousin of mine, or what are you? My parents obviously know you, and you seem quite close to them, but I would like to know as well.”

Harry sighed. “James, you have to promise me with a wizard’s oath that you don’t talk to anyone about what I’m going to tell you; except for your parents.” James swore a wizard’s oath, and Harry told him, “I come from the future, and I am your son!”

“You’re WHAT!?!”

“You heard me correctly…Dad,” Harry said and grinned at his father.

“So, who’s your mother?” James asked.

Harry sneered, “You’ll have to find that out by yourself!”

“Eh, how am I in the future? Will I become an Auror?”

“Yes, you will. But apart from this I’m not able to tell anything about the future.”

“Why not? Look, son, don’t be such a brat. I promise I won’t tell, and by being here for so long – two years now isn’t it? – you’ll have changed the future anyway.”

“Alright, I’ll tell you, but remember that you asked for it! I have changed a lot! In my time line, you and my mum had to go into hiding with me and made Sirius your secret keeper, but Sirius managed to convince you to make Peter your secret keeper instead, and Peter betrayed you to Voldemort. He came and killed both of you when I was just a year old, and as everybody thought Sirius was your secret keeper, they put him into Azkaban until he escaped after twelve years. I grew up with some horrible relatives of my mum, and didn’t get to know Remus until he became our DADA teacher in my third year. That’s all. So as I have already killed Voldemort and Peter, I hope that you are still alive when I go back to the future in summer.”

“So my parents know that they are your grandparents?”

“Yes, they know. That’s why they took me in although I was ill and only a burden to everyone.”

“You are and were not a burden. Don’t say something like that, especially don’t tell my mum, she will be very angry. She took you in because she loves you and wanted to spend time together with you.”

“Don’t get too angry, Mr. Potter, and don’t upset my patient please,” Poppy’s stern voice was coming nearer. She checked on James and released him from the Hospital Wing saying, “but of course you may stay to keep your son company and to study together.” Then she checked Harry and gave him another dose of Fever reducer.

-----

During the next week, Harry, Lily and Severus were studying together whenever they could. Finally, the dreaded week of the NEWT exams arrived. Harry was not very scared of them, because he knew it was not essential for him to take them this time. As his grandmother had assured him, he could take them anyway when he was back in the future. But in spite of this, he found the exams relatively easy. They had written tests every morning, and the practical exams in the afternoon. Even in the Potions practical, he was sure he had gotten the Potion right – at least it had the correct colour.

Suddenly a thought came into in his head – how and when was he going to get his NEWT results? In the future, their OWL results had arrived around his birthday, but…hmm… What was he going to do? He couldn’t just ask anybody to keep the letter for him, because everyone would be obliviated, wouldn’t they? Except for Pomfrey, as Dumbledore had told him some time ago. But could he ask her to keep a letter for him for over 18 years? He decided to ask his friends and discussed his problem with Lily and Severus, when they were studying for their last exam – Transfiguration – in Harry’s room.

“How about you stay here until your birthday?” Severus suggested.

“But you will all be gone – what am I going to do alone here in Hogwarts?” Harry asked solemnly.

“I’m going to stay here, Harry. I’m going to take over Slughorn’s chambers as soon as he leaves. You know I have to take the Potion Master’s exam, don’t you? Where should I study for it, when not here?”

“And Remus and I are going to stay as well, because we are the new Defence Against the Dark Arts and Charms teachers,” Lily added. “Maybe we (at least I) will stay a few weeks at James’ parents’ House, but you could come with us, you know how they adore you.”

Harry was stunned. What should he do? Should he really stay until his birthday? “I think I should go and speak to my grandfather. Would you mind coming with me?”

-----

The three friends climbed the stairs to the Gargoyle and spent a few minutes trying to guess the password until McGonagall came up from behind them. She threw them a slightly disapproving glance and said the password for the Gargoyle to open – ‘Chocolate phoenix’. When they arrived in the office, Dumbledore looked astonished but very pleased at his visitors and said, “Oh, I see, Minerva, you have brought very good company for this fine evening. Would you like some tea?”

“Yes please,” his wife replied for all of them, and soon each of them had tea and biscuits in front of them.

Harry cleared his throat. “I would um… like to eh… discuss something with you, both of you in fact. Um… Today I was wondering when and how I would get the results of the NEWTs, and remembered from my own time that the results always arrived around if not on my birthday. Then Severus suggested I should stay here until my birthday. Now I would like to hear your opinion on when I should go back to the future.” He looked questioningly at his grandparents.

Dumbledore’s eyes twinkled merrily. “As I told you before, Harry, I don’t mind when you go back, as long as it is before you will be born. Shall we fix it for the evening of your birthday, directly after dinner? What do you think Minerva?”

His wife seemed to suddenly return from distant thoughts. “Yes, Harry, Albus. Why not? I think that is a good idea. We can have a birthday party, and after dinner you can say good-bye to all your friends and floo back.”

They agreed on this schedule, and Harry asked, “What am I going to do? I mean where will I stay until then?”

“As you are our grandchild, you can of course stay here at Hogwarts, and I don’t think Poppy will mind if you live with her for six more weeks,” his grandmother said smiling fondly at him.

“You could also go to the Potters for a week or so if you wanted to,” Dumbledore added.

“Maybe we should go to the Potters while Severus has his Masters’ exams, so that he can study without being disturbed and we have some time all together here afterwards,” Lily suggested and Dumbledore nodded approvingly.

“And as this is all decided, I would propose that you all return to your rooms and rest, as you will have your last exams tomorrow.”

“Ah but Transfiguration will be the easiest of all, as we all will get 30 points only for transforming into our snake, owl or phoenix,” Harry said teasingly.

The reply from his grandmother was sharp. “Good night to you too, Harry.”

-----

Finally, even the last exam was over, and the seventh year students could relax. Now they could just enjoy their last week of term at Hogwarts. At dinner Harry suddenly shrieked, “Quidditch!”

His friends glanced worriedly at him and Lily even felt his forehead, until he whispered, “I completely forgot! On Sunday, we have the Quidditch game against the teachers. Look, in autumn we said the first Sunday in October and the last Sunday of the school year – that’s this Sunday! And we haven’t practised once!”

“Calm down Harry,” Lily said calmingly. “Do you think the teachers have practised? They’ll have forgotten as well I bet.”

Harry jumped up from his seat and went over to his grandmother. “Um… Granny? Um… one question… eh… on Sunday is our Quidditch match, right?”

“Quidditch match? Are you alright Harry?” He noticed McGonagall and Pomfrey exchange a glance.

“Yes. In autumn we said the first Sunday in October and the last Sunday of the school year – that’s this Sunday…” he replied quickly.

“Oops. I completely forgot and we haven’t practised once.”

“We haven’t either, I just remembered a few minutes ago. Are we going to play or to cancel the match?” Harry asked impatiently; he wanted to go back to his table…

Dumbledore stood. “Attention please. We have just noticed that the second Quidditch match ‘students against teachers’ was scheduled for this coming Sunday. However, in fact both team captains, Harry Pane and Professor McGonagall forgot about it and didn’t practise with their teams. Would you nevertheless want them to play Quidditch for you? If yes, then clap your hands!” The Great Hall fell into a tumultuous noise of hands clapping, and as it ebbed a little, Dumbledore spoke again: “As you see, your fellow students and teachers want to see the match and will not release you from it! Tomorrow morning the teachers are allowed to use the pitch, and tomorrow afternoon the students. We want to have our fun on Sunday,” he ended grinning mischievously.

Harry went back to his table and threw a glance at Amelia Bones, who was as usual not sitting far away from him and his friends. “Amelia” he whispered.

“Yes Harry, what’s wrong? We will fight and win on Sunday, I’m sure,” Amelia answered.

Harry couldn’t help laughing. He was not worried at all about the game. “As you know, many of our first team members are leaving Hogwarts this summer, but I would like the team to continue as I think it is one of my better creations,” he grinned, “and so I have thought about suggesting a new captain for the next year to my grandfather to ensure the continuity and I’ve thought about you. Would you mind me suggesting your name to the headmaster?”

Amelia flushed deeply and said, “Oh Harry, thank you very much; I would like it very much, although it will be difficult to step into your shoes.”

Harry snorted. “All right, I’ll talk to him.”

-----

The next morning dawned bright and sunny, but by lunchtime, huge, dark clouds spread over the sky, and while they were in the changing rooms changing into their Quidditch robes the thunderstorm began. Harry cast the Impervius charm around each of his team members including himself and said to the team, “You don’t have to do a lot, just practise for maybe twenty minutes. We are the best team out of three wizarding schools, and we will be fine tomorrow. I am sorry, but I cannot practise with you today, otherwise I’ll definitely be ill tomorrow for the game. I’ll watch you from under the stands, and we’ll meet in the Great Hall after you’ve changed back.” After only a quarter of an hour, he blew the whistle and called the team down. “Enough for today – you’ll do great tomorrow. Please take a hot shower and change – we’ll meet at Merlin table in the Great Hall for a cup of hot cocoa.” When everyone had gone to the Changing rooms, he took his wand out and called “Accio Snitch”, and a minute later his hand wrapped around his favourite little ball.

The weather on Sunday was not much better. Harry groaned when he looked out of the window. Mr. Potter, who had kindly agreed to referee once more, took the microphone.

“Welcome to the second game of the Hogwarts Quidditch Team in their match against the Hogwarts Teachers’ Team. Just to recall: In their first game, the students beat the teachers 220:200, so this re-match might become quite interesting.

“Here are the players of the students’ team: Deborah Molloy (Ravenclaw, Keeper), Roger Burke (Slytherin, Beater), Donald Quirke (Ravenclaw, Beater), Amelia Bones (Hufflepuff, Chaser), Severus Snape (Slytherin, Chaser and Deputy Captain), James Potter (Gryffindor, Chaser) and Harry Pane (Gryffindor, Seeker and Team Captain).

“And here are the teachers: Professor Sinistra (Keeper), Pamona Sprout (Beater), Albus Dumbledore (Beater), Filius Flitwick (Chaser), Poppy Pomfrey (Chaser), Minerva McGonagall (Chaser and Team Captain) and Rolanda Hooch (Seeker and Deputy Captain)

“I wish both teams good luck and hope we have a fair and clean Quidditch game.” With this, he released the Snitch and the game began.

It was nearly impossible to even catch a glimpse of the Snitch – the dark clouds were hanging so low, that Harry couldn’t even see the goals on the opposite side of the pitch. He circled around looking feverishly for the small ball, fairly alone between the clouds. What was that? Was it a flash? Anxiously waiting for the thunder to come he continued to fly huge circles through the clouds around the pitch, until suddenly a second flash came nearer.

Maybe because of his strong desire to find the Snitch, maybe even just because of sheer luck, suddenly the tiny golden ball was hovering just in front of him – he reached out and… captured it! With a relived sigh, he started to pull down at such a speed, that he could hear a giant gasp from the stands, when he came out of the clouds and came in sight of the grounds. He landed just in front of his grandfather and held his hand up showing the Snitch for everyone to see.

Mr. Potter blew the whistle and announced, “Harry Pane has caught the Snitch. The students win 370 – 320. Congratulations to the Hogwarts Team!”

-----

Fortunately, Severus had optimized his cold Potion so well that the cold Harry caught during the game had already gone by morning. Two days later, when Harry, Lily and Severus were sitting in his rooms, he said to his friends, “Now we have only two days of classes left; do you know what? We still haven’t tried the joke with the fake wand on Granny!”

Lily gasped and nearly tripped over the bed laughing, while Severus looked inquiringly from one to another.

“Um… Severus, do you have Transfiguration tomorrow?”

“No. Charms in the first class, and then…”

“Oh right, we have Charms together. Then I will flash to James after curfew to get a fake wand.”

“No Harry, I’ll go now and retrieve it from him,” Lily said sternly.

“Alright Lily, thanks. I will exchange Flitwick’s wand as soon as he arrives in the classroom with the faked one, and we have McGonagall in the second class. She won’t have enough time during the break to talk to Flitwick, so we can do the same thing to her; and then let’s see.”

Severus raised an eyebrow. “You can’t think about anything but nonsense, now can you? If it is not about how to betray Pomfrey, it surely will be how to play pranks on the teachers,” he said sternly, shaking his head.

“Dear Professor Snape, please remember

a) You helped me to betray the dragon,

b) You are still a student for the remaining two days and are bound to play pranks on the teachers, especially being a Marauder.”

Severus growled at him, and Harry continued, “With the fake wand they can’t do magic, only sparks that will transform into funny comments. We once tried it on James’ mother when she came to check on me, and it was quite funny!”

Severus scowled and asked, “Tell me once again: What did I call you in the future?”

Harry grinned. “An arrogant, attention seeking brat.”

“Hmm. No, you’re neither arrogant, nor attention seeking, just the contrary of both, but you are very irresponsible.”

“Do you know what, irresponsible would be if you were about to die and I did it to Pomfrey, who was trying to heal you. But to play a little prank on McGonagall at the end of 7th year probably isn’t irresponsible, right Madam Pomfrey?”

The nurse, who had entered the room to look after Harry because of the voices that sounded more and more upset, unsuccessfully tried to hide a smile – a good prank on her best friend Minerva was something she could enjoy very much. “In any case you should try not to become so distressed that I can’t let you go to classes tomorrow, Harry, and to finish 7th year with a nice prank that doesn’t hurt anyone is a good decision I think.”

-----

While Professor Flitwick was on his way to the front of the classroom, Harry used his wish magic to exchange the wand in his hand with the one inside the teacher’s robes. Nobody except for Severus who was sitting next to him watching him intensely noticed anything. As it was the last Charms class for the 7th year’s students, Flitwick intended to just enjoy the class with his students and wanted to show them a few special charms he had invented himself. But as soon as he waved his wand and tried to do a spell, pink sparks appeared forming the words ‘Maybe a little practise is in order’. Puzzled he looked at his wand, while the whole class was trying to stifle their laughs. Now the teacher tried a different spell and was rewarded with yellow sparks saying ‘I need holidays’. Now the whole class was laughing loud, and the poor teacher examined his wand with a piercing look, before he asked, “What did you do to my wand?”

Harry hesitantly stood up, went to the teacher’s table, and handed Professor Flitwick his wand. “I’m sorry Professor, but as this is our last Charms class today, we had to do this tiny prank in order to leave Hogwarts with some dignity.” When he saw the teacher’s look turning into a smile, he added impishly, “Professor, if you don’t mind, we would appreciate if you did not tell Professor McGonagall about this before lunchtime, because we’d like to do the same prank to her as well during the next class.”

Flitwick’s smile intensified and he said, “Twenty points to Gryffindor, Slytherin and Merlin for a prank well performed and for ending school year in a good mood. Class dismissed.”

-----

McGonagall obviously did not take it so easy. She tried hard to hide her smile and said to Harry, “Stay after class Mr. Pane, as we have to speak about your punishment”, trying not to giggle, when Harry’s face turned white with shock.

“It’s all right Harry, relax. She can’t and won’t do anything to you; the school year is over!” Remus tried to calm him.

When Harry hesitantly went to the teacher’s table after the lesson, his grandmother looked at him and said, “Do you know what it means to play pranks not only on your teacher, but also on your Great Grandmother? It means war! Wait and see! You are dismissed.”

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1423