Why do we Live? by Solitare
Summary: Harry has been depressed for weeks until one day during a potion's exam he finds out that Snape has taken matters into his own hands...
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 19398 Read: 57158 Published: 09 Oct 2007 Updated: 16 Jan 2009
Chapter 5 by Solitare
Author's Notes:
Here we go all beta'd! Not sure when my next update will be but I promise I will try to get it up asap! Please review, reviews to me are better than food...so please feed me? *puppy eyes*

"Harry James Potter!" the shout brought Harry fully awake and he blushed, somehow he had fallen asleep in the tub. Taki was holding him upright, his face was pale as he stared in shock at Harry...he was sure the potion was out of the boy's system, he shouldn't have fallen asleep. Harry blinked at the man and turned slightly, embarrassed that he was naked in front of the man. Taki cleared his throat with a low growl as he reached over, taking in the various bruises and cuts and scars that decorated Harry's body, and grabbed a large towel. His hands shook as he bundled Harry into it and lifted him out of the tub.

"I..." Harry said his voice was raw as if he had been screaming, which was odd because he hadn't even been aware he fell asleep.

"It's okay..." Taki said both in an effort to reassure Harry as well as himself, he should have known better than to leave a half asleep teen who had suicidal thoughts alone. And while he knew Harry had no idea what he was doing, he was sure that his sub-conscious did. He carried Harry (the teen protesting loudly) out of the bathroom and into his bedroom setting him down, still bundled onto the bed. He didn't say a word as he got a pair of flannel pajama pants and a t-shirt, nor as he walked over debating if he should allow Harry to dress himself or if he would do it himself.

"I can do it!" Harry protested, he was wide awake now, his heart was pounding and the reality of what could have happened had Taki not shown up when he did was dawning on him. Harry knew he himself was pale, though his cheeks did feel flushed. He yelped leaning away from the man as Taki raised a hand placing it on Harry's forehead. The man sighed as he stood.

"Get dressed; I'll be back in a few minutes." He said and left the room. Harry sat shaking for several minutes he wrapped his towel tighter for a few minutes more before he slowly got changed into the clothes, his legs were unsteady and it felt like every bone in his body was heavy.

A moment later the door opened and Taki walked in followed by Snape. Harry backed up a step, he was confused why did Taki need Snape?

"Harry... can you please stay still for a minute?" Taki asked gently. Harry stared at him.

"Why?"

"Potter stay still or else!" Snape snapped out not as patient as Taki was. He took out his wand and whispered a scan spell. He glared at Harry after the spell ended. "Get in that bed right now Potter!" Harry jumped at the order and glanced at the bed then his potion's professor confused. Taki stepped in before Snape could yell and gently led Harry to the bed taking the towel off of it he pushed Harry to sit onto it. He turned holding out the towel which Snape took with a scowl, then turned back sweeping Harry up into his arms and depositing him into the bed properly and then wrapped the blankets tightly around Harry to the point Harry couldn't even move. Then he took Harry's glasses off, he placed them on the end table. Then he stood slowly glancing at Snape who stepped forward putting a vial to Harry's lips.

"Drink and do not even think about arguing. It isn't dreamless sleep but that is all I intend to tell you." Snape said softly Harry groaned and wiggled before he resigned himself, he drank the potion and watched through narrowed eyes as Snape moved away. Taki leaned back in smoothing some of the hair away from Harry's forehead. He traced with a cool finger the scar that marked Harry.

"It's okay Harry...just close your eyes...relax." He soothed his fingers dancing around Harry's forehead in an odd manner, however Harry felt the energy drain from his body. "Come on just relax enough...let your body sleep you're tired right now and you need more rest...we'll talk when you wake up..." Harry's eyes closed fully and with a sigh he fell asleep.

Taki stepped back shaking his head. "I left him alone...for five minutes...just to get something to read why I waited for him to be done." He said letting out a deep breath as he moved to pull a chair over next to Harry's bed. Snape sighed, wonderful instead of being able to brew potions; he was going to have to watch over a sick Potter.

"Go get some rest Takishi, I'll handle Potter."

"Severus...to put it perfectly blunt, your bedside manner sucks." Taki countered with a half smile. Snape snarled.

"At this point, Potter does not need pretty words and kind actions. He has never had anyone actually force him to stay in bed when he is sick. It's high time that someone do so." Snape snapped. Taki held up his hands.

"Alright, point taken...so I'm supposed to treat him like one of your snakes then?"

"He was supposed to be in Slytherin." Snape spat showing how much the idea thrilled him.

"Ah...I see...so he is a Slytherin in the truest sense if he was indeed able to convince the sorting hat not to place him into it." Taki said rubbing his face.

"Drink this and leave Potter to me." Snape said with a growl handing a vial to Taki. Taki sighed shaking his head but took the potion.

"Yes Professor." He teased and headed to the door and paused. "Severus...there's a difference between being hard and forceful and being cruel." He said softly. Snape rolled his eyes.

"Yes and I know the difference. Take that before I come over and make you do it!" Snape barked out the command which had Taki laughing and leaving the room. Snape glared at the door for a few moments before he moved and sat down on the chair next to the bed scowling at the boy asleep in it.

"Potter, why do I bother to even try to save you? You just get into more trouble." He snarled.

"Cause your stupid?" Harry's voice pointed out startling the potion's master.

"I was sure you were asleep Potter." He said. Harry smiled.

"That's cause you were distracted Professor...can you..." Harry began to ask if he could free him of the cocoon of blankets but Snape snickered.

"Oh I don't think so. At the moment you are behaving for the most part even though you should be sleeping." Snape said conjuring a book. Harry let out a frustrated groan.

"I..that is..." Harry said, Snape waited patiently, he would help the boy when he admitted he needed it and not a moment before.

"Mm?" Snape said enjoying himself, it was nice to make a Gryffindor beg.

"Okay...I can not sleep alright! I did not try to kill myself but...I and it was...and he said..." Harry stammered. Snape set the book aside and watched Harry's pale face for a minute before he stood resting a hand on Harry's head.

"Okay, Potter. Take a moment to calm down. I know you didn't try to drown yourself. For two reasons, one you are not stupid enough to try and kill yourself with both myself and Healer Dumbledore in the house because you know you would be strapped to the nearest bed and doped on all manners of potions. Have I made myself clear on that matter?"

"Yes sir..."Harry answered.

"Good...secondly you did not fall asleep...you passed out. As in lost consciousness against your will. Because you managed to get yourself sick." Snape said.

"I am not!" Harry snapped.

"Of course not Potter. You only have a high grade fever, chills, don't deny them, and pass out from time to time. Now I have had enough of your lip." Severus said and reached into his pocket and pulled out yet another potion.

"What do you have? An endless supply of those hidden somewhere on your body?" Harry snapped unhappy as he knew what was coming next.

"Of course Potter. I am a Potions Master." Snape sneered opening the potion and tilting it down Harry's throat careful to make sure the teen didn't choke. "Now...give that a moment or two then rest." He said settling back down.

"You're going to stay here?" Harry asked shocked.

"Yes Potter, or else Healer Dumbledore will wait on you hand and foot. Sleep." he commanded and smirked as Harry opened his mouth to claim he could not, all that escaped his mouth was a sigh and he fell asleep.

 

Dreams are not a pleasant thing, especially when most of them consist of a psychotic killer hexing everyone you love. Another problem with dreams was that most of the time they drained you. These thoughts ran through Harry's mind as he woke up with a startled noise. The room was pitch black but there was something wrong, that much he was sure of. He sat upright shaking from dreams he could not even remember, he felt for his glasses then shoved them on his nose. He narrowed his eyes and tried to figure out why he was feeling the sense of dread. He slid from the bed feeling the world spin and made it to the door before he had to kneel on the ground; he pushed it open slightly and listened.

"Merlin's beard Severus! That monster certainly did a number on you this time! There has to be a way-"

"Shut up Takashi! There is no other way!" Snape's voice Harry thought nudging the door open further he peered into the hallway, which was darkened save the room across from Harry's.

"Alright then lay down and let me see what I can do for these wounds." Taki's voice said he sounded annoyed.

"I can take care of them on my own."

"Of course you can, but as I am in this house and both a mind healer but as well as a body healer, let me deal with these...unless of course you still want to be laid up when Harry gets up."

"...I do wonder why your uncle didn't allow you to attend Hogwarts. You would've made a wonderful Slytherin."

"Perhaps that is the reason. Now lay down. I will be right back." Harry froze and tried to stand only to have the world spin. His door opened and he tilted his head up and stared at Taki who looked very displeased with him.

"Harry...must we restrain you in bed so that you rest?" He said reaching down and plucked Harry from the ground easily.

"No!" Harry protested at the thought of being forced to stay in bed against his will. Taki frowned down at him as he brought him back to the bed.

"Then stay in bed! I do not have time to argue with you at the moment, and if Severus should discover you to be awake and causing trouble he will not allow me to tend to his own wounds. And before you ask I will not discuss that with you." Taki said sharply as he pulled the covers over Harry. He sighed when he looked at Harry and rested a hand against his forehead.

"You need to rest, you are ill, and people who are ill need all the rest they can get." He said and began to rub his thumb in a circle around Harry's forehead. "Just relax okay?" He said his voice lowering to a whisper. Then he stopped straitening.

"Huh?" Harry said half confused.

"Will you stay in bed for me?" Taki asked. Harry nodded slowly.

"Alright..."

"Good I shall be back in just a few...stay put!" He commanded and left the room. Harry sighed and pulled the blankets off his body he was to hot. He thought miserably. He closed his eyes with a sigh and struggled against the aches his body was sending him. Fifteen minutes later Harry was frustrated enough that he was moving to stand when his door opened. Taki was dressed as he was, in flannel pajama bottoms and pulled a t-shirt on, he held a jar in his hand which he set to the side.

"Take your shirt off Harry." He said softly. Harry sat up and stared at him.

"What, why?" He asked confused.

"Trust me okay? Take off your shirt." Harry sighed and slid it off. "Okay on your stomach." Taki said helping the boy roll over he nudged Harry until he was lying down. Once he was he began to push on Harry's back earning several hisses of pain.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked turning his head, Taki smiled.

"Something Severus taught me how to do. Now put your head back down and close your eyes." He said softly, Harry did so as the man began to roll his knuckles underneath his shoulder blades, his hands smoothed his skin slowly in a circular motion digging in when he found a knotted muscle. Harry relaxed his body sagging. He didn't try to even talk. He just simply laid still. After a while he didn't even feel when he went from being awake to asleep. Taki smiled and stood pulling the blanket's over Harry's body. He leaned down and smoothed some of Harry's hair from his forehead, then took the glasses off. He silently left the room leaving the door open as he did so...

The next day, in Harry's opinion sucked. He woke up to be boiling hot and when Snape walked in with food...he threw up on him. Harry was shaking and staring in shock at his potion's professor a look on his face that quite clearly said ‘I am going to die now'. But all Snape did was sigh set the food aside and give Harry a long look before he silently left the room. After a minute he came back in clean clothes with a bowl filled with water though it had another scent to it. He looked at the food and took out his wand vanishing it and in its place he set the bowl. He gave Harry a long look before pointing his wand, ignoring Harry's panicked ‘Yes he is going to kill me after all' look and banished the mess Harry had made on his own clothes.

"Potter, calm down!" Snape said softly, without the bark in his voice he normally had, he set his wand down and moved slowly laying Harry down, pleased that the boy still had his shirt off. He took a clothe out of the bowl and smoothed it around Harry's neck moving in repetitive motions and watching as the panic slowly left from his eyes.

"Profe-" Harry began to choked finding he really didn't have a voice. Snape shook his head.

"Not now Potter. Just relax. Do not worry about anything other than relaxing and breathing." Snape said softly, and began to wash Harry's face off, Harry's eyes drifted shut and slowly he fell back asleep.

"He got worse." Taki said stating the obvious from the doorway. Snape sighed and nodded.

"Yes, he got worse..." He gave Taki a look.

"I suppose I can make a few calls. I do know a muggle pediatrician. He might be able to fit Harry in today." He said softly not wanting to wake the child up. Snape snorted.

"A muggle doctor?" He sneered.

"Yes, a muggle doctor. This is not a magical illness and unless you have a degree in medicine that is who Harry will be seeing." Taki said in a tone of voice that warned Snape not to argue. Snape let out a sigh as he motioned for Taki to follow him out of the room, he left the door open.

"Make your call, though I somehow doubt Potter will be all too pleased to go see a muggle doctor." He pointed out. Taki rolled his eyes.

"Yes, and I know my friend will question Harry's braces. But the marks would be even more questioned."

"Perhaps you should have him look at those as well." Snape pointed out. Taki stopped walking and let out a laugh.

"Oh I do believe Harry wouldn't speak to either of us for who knows when." Taki said still laughing as he walked to the kitchen which held one of the house's phones. "Just make sure that when I say it's time to leave Severus, that you get Harry ready." Snape sneered at him.

"The boy will be ready! Just make your blasted call! You're the one who is insisting on this insanity!" He said shaking his head.

"Mmhmm...go play with some potions now Severus. I will let you know when I need you." Taki commanded which earned him a snarl from the potion's master. "Keep it up and I'll have him take a look at your injuries to!" He threatened.

"And you will be kicked out!" Snape barked back. He grumbled already once more regretting his choice to get involved with Potter's life. He went to take a shower not wanting to hear whatever Taki was going to say to sweet talk an appointment for Harry. Taki smirked and shook his head as he sat down the phone resting on his shoulder as he dialed. He was positive that they were still open, and were most likely running late.

"Hello Pediatrics. This is Janice speaking. How may I direct your call?" A woman said through the phone.

"Hello, this is Takashi Dumbledore, I was wondering if Dr. Prohor was in at the moment and available to answer the phone?" He said politely, he didn't know Janice which meant the last receptionist must have quit, again.

"Let me check. Can you please hold?" the woman said and didn't even wait for him to respond before she put him on hold. He winced as a loud blast of blues music streamed through the phone. Prohor was always odd. He didn't have to wait long before the music stopped and a brisk male voice answered.

"Taki! Where the hell have you been! I thought we had an agreement!" the man said then streamed off into a series of Russian curses. Taki winced.

"I know Yuri, but I've been bogged down! I picked up a few new cases at the school, in fact the reason why I am calling is regarding one of those cases." He explained, that stopped Yuri's swearing.

"Something is wrong?"

"Yes, Yuri, something is wrong. Can you fit in a slot, even a small one to see him today?"

"Symptoms." Yuri barked not even answering Taki.

"High grade fever, which we treated with a fever reducing potion last night. This morning he threw up. He also passed out last night before we discovered he had a fever. His skin is clammy and he is extremely pale." Taki answered rattling off Harry's symptoms. Yuri hummed and Taki could hear him typing on the computer.

"Appointment at noon. You have one hour. Do not be late Takashi!" Yuri snapped and hung up. Taki chuckled and turned hearing Snape walk into the room.

"His appointment is in an hour and takes just about that to get to the office from here." Taki explained, Snape who was wearing a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt nodded.

"Very well. Then I shall go wake up Potter." Severus said, that was something he was not looking forward too. He walked to the boy's room and schooled his expression to his normal sneer and shoved the door open. "Up Potter!" he snapped, Harry startled and sat up straight he bent over a moment later clearly having a dizzy spell.

"What is it?" Harry asked after a few minutes of near nauseating spinning.

"Up, as in out of bed." Snape snapped conjuring a pair of socks, and shoes. Harry gave him a confused look but pulled the blankets back and swung his legs around. Kneeling Snape pulled the socks on quickly despite Harry's weak batting hands.

"I can put shoes and socks on myself." Harry muttered grumpily giving up after a few moments, Snape snorted and pulled the sneaker on tying it then the other.

"In a normal state I do not doubt that Potter. However as I do not wish to be covered once more in your vomit, let us do this my way." He said smirking when Harry flushed with embarrassment. "Up all the way let's see if you can walk on your own or need to be carried."

"Carried!" Harry growled and stood shaking his head he stood and felt relief poor down his spine when he didn't fall face forward. Snape however did not seem to be impressed, in fact he just grabbed a hold of Harry's elbow and led him from the room.

"Car's started!" Taki said sticking his head in the back door. Snape snorted.

"Car? Professor what is going on?" Harry questioned even as he was being led outside the house, Snape all but lifted him into the black SUV that was running and buckled him in. "Professor!" Harry snapped only to have his door slammed shut as Snape rushed back to lock the door. A moment later he was in the passenger seat while Taki took the wheel.

"Alright then. Off we go!" Taki said with his usual glee. Harry moaned, what was this going to be a field trip? All he wanted to do was curl up somewhere dark and quiet, and cool. The SUV was way to hot.

"Potter, where we are going is to an office." Snape answered.

"Oh wow! How informative that information is!" Harry said sarcastically. Taki laughed.

"Harry I am taking you to see a friend of mine." He added. Harry raised an eyebrow but bent forward.

"I think I'm going to be sick again." He moaned and blinked as Snape unbuckled his seat belt and moved to sit beside him as Taki sped up. He conjured a pail and put it between Harry's knees.

"Do not fight it." He commanded.

"Don't fight it! Are you crazy!" Harry hissed and bit his lip as his stomach rolled again. Snape rolled his eyes heavenward, if Harry had been one of his snakes, he would have learned by now to do as he asked and not question why. He rubbed a hand on Harry's back and another pressed on his stomach causing the teen to yelp in protest and after a moment of pushing begin to vomit again.

"You will only make yourself feel even worse if you fight it Harry, trust us alright?" Taki said glancing in the review mirror, he felt bad for the poor kid. His entire life was changing and he had absolutely no say in how it did. After a few minutes Harry stopped and was panting for breath, Severus pushed a water bottle to his mouth and Harry took a sip rinsing his mouth out before he spat it back out into the bucket, he sat back up closing his eyes grateful when Snape vanished the pail. "Okay there Harry?" Taki asked when he felt the silence had gone on long enough.

"Yeah just peachy, always love throwing up twice in one day." He muttered. Snape snorted again shaking his head as he removed his hands from Harry's body.

"Somehow Potter I doubt it will only be two times."

"Great! More good news! Anything else you want to share with me to make this day worse!" he growled and his eyes widened as they pulled into a parking lot to a doctor's office. "What the-"

"Potter, do not even dream of finishing that sentence." Snape barked as Taki got out and came around opening Harry's door.

"You can walk in on your own, or I can force you." He said all humor leaving his face.

"And let me tell you this Potter, I will enjoy embarrassing you in front of children who are smaller than you and can handle going to a doctor without throwing a temper tantrum." Snape smirked. Harry un-bulked the seat belt and glared at both adults as he got out, Taki helping him to stand.

"Good choice Harry. I really think you'll like Dr. Yuri." He said as he led the reluctant teen inside. The room was brightly colored with several children playing in a small indoor play-scape. He pushed Harry down into the nearest chair and headed up to the registration desk. Snape came in a moment later and stood next to Harry.

"I cannot believe you're doing this to me." Harry grumbled he couldn't ever remember going to a muggle doctor, and from the looks of the place it was a muggle pediatrician which in Harry's mind was even worse.

"Can't believe that we are actually forcing you to see someone for an illness?" Snape inquired softly.

"I thought Takashi was a Healer."

"He is, this however is an illness, and it is a muggle illness at that. There for it requires something different altogether. Perhaps I shall make him your primary doctor if I agree with how he acts." Snape said sounding thoughtful. Taki walked back over and moved to sit down, however a blonde haired man walked out in a lab coat and scrubs.

"Taki you are three minutes late!" He barked out briskly glaring at the healer, then he turned his eyes on Harry. "You up! With me now! No complaining!" he turned and started to walk back into the interior of the clinic, when Harry just sat there he turned back and growled. "Do you not hear so well? Follow me child!" he commanded again, Harry was hauled upright by both Taki and Snape and given a nudge forward. Harry stumbled slightly and yelped when a cool hand was hooked under his elbow, the man led him gently into the back and into the nearest exam room.

"I am Yuri Prohor. You call me Dr. Yuri, not hey you, not you, and not what is up doc, I am not rabbit!" Dr. Yuri ordered Harry who nodded slowly. "Good, I will be back, you however take shirt off and lie on exam table. If you are not in place as I ask, then you will find out just how dark temper can be!" Yuri warned and left the room. Harry paled and slowly took off his shirt, he glanced at the exam table which was covered in pink and blue teddy bears. The fact that it was almost long enough for him to lay down fully showed just how short he was. Folding the shirt he drew in a shuddering breath and sat on the table, he debated on whether he was actually going to lay down, but another wave of dizziness made his choice for him. He laid down a hand covering his eyes as he felt nausea follow the dizziness closely behind. The door opened again and he didn't even shift to see if it was the doctor.

"Good, you show you do have good hearing. Arm down." Yuri's voice drifted almost as if it was floating, which wasn't right Harry thought as he felt his body heat up even more. He didn't want to move a muscle he knew what was going to happen if he did. "Child arm!" Yuri barked.

"I can't!" Harry snapped. Yuri growled.

"Why can you not?"

"Because I think I am going to pass out." Harry replied without thinking, Yuri moved quickly then, standing at Harry's side as he moved Harry's arm for him. Then he took a light and held one of Harry's eyelids up as he flashed it in it then repeated the same for Harry's other eye.

"You are feeling something now, tell me." Yuri demanded. Harry moved to look away but Yuri held his head and began to feel around his neck. "Child, answer the question."

"Really dizzy, and feel like I am going to throw up again." Harry answered.

"Hmmm..." Yuri said and turned to the side then grabbed something out of Harry's line of vision and pulled Harry's ear up shoving something in it. A moment later it beeped. "Very high, fluids." Yuri said and walked back out of the room. Harry coughed and sat up slowly, this man was...odd, more so than Taki was. Harry groaned as the world turned upside down. He had no idea how long Yuri had been gone the next thing he did know was Yuri pulled out the extension of the exam table and was raising it so that he was sitting upright. Harry blinked and felt Yuri push a cup to his lips.

"Drink all." Yuri said sternly as he held the cup to Harry's lips and took one of Harry's wrists into his hand only to frown at the brace. His eyes raised questionably at Harry who shook his head drinking, the cup thankful that it was only water. "Hands. Why?" Yuri asked as he set the cup aside, Harry shrugged looking away and was surprised when the man didn't press the matter, instead he set two fingers at Harry's neck and glanced at his watch. After thirty seconds he removed his fingers. "Pulse very rapid. Dizziness?"

"Still here." Harry admitted closing his eyes, he gasped out when Yuri began pressing his hands on his stomach much like Snape had done on the ride there, though this time all he got was slight pain and nausea not the over bearing need to vomit. "Tender." Yuri grumbled and pushed around a little more before he raised his eyes to study Harry carefully, taking in every detail, the shadows around his eyes, the hallowed look he had when he actually opened his eyes and how extremely thin he was. "Do not move. Be back." He said shaking his head he left the room again. Harry moaned and wonder how much longer he would be stuck in the exam room. He just wanted to go somewhere quiet and sleep. He sighed and tired to get comfortable enough on the table, he would have much rather left it down so he could at least fall back asleep. Yuri walked back in and slipped a thimble like device on his finger and set what looked like a game boy at his side, then Yuri connected the two.

"Do not move. For any reason, door will be open. If you need to throw up you call someone understood?" he said staring deeply into Harry's eyes making sure that he got the point across. Harry nodded. "Verbal answer!" Yuri barked.

"Yes Dr. Yuri." Harry said sighing and jumped as the machine his finger was attached to beeped. Yuri smiled finally.

"It reads pulse; I need to monitor that very closely before I make any decisions." Yuri explained the placed one of his hands on Harry's forehead and looked deeply into his eyes again. "You have rough time?" he asked softly. Harry nodded slowly his eyes drooping.

"Yeah, kinda."

"No kind-of yes or no answer. Life make you feel you need this?" Yuri as touching one of the braces on Harry's wrists. "That is only escape of how you feel now? Not normal. You have no one to go to?" he asked.

"Well...not before." Harry shifted lowering his eyes so he didn't have to look him in the eye.

"Now you do." The statement wasn't a question it was a fact, Harry could tell just by the tone of voice that he used. "You come back, we discuss this." Yuri said thoughtfully touching the brace again before he lowered his hand from Harry's forehead. He walked to the door and paused studying Harry from it.

"What?" Harry asked uncomfortable with the stare.

"To young to have eyes like yours, to young to have so many scars. Hrmph." He ground out and left the room, the door as promised was wide open. A moment later he looked up to see Taki walking into the room.

"How you feeling kido?" He asked as he sat in one of the chairs in the exam room.

"Tired, I want to go back." Harry said almost saying the word ‘home' but he didn't have a clue exactly where home was anymore... He sighed and closed his eyes tightly as he felt the dizziness return with a vengeance.

"Harry?" Taki's voice echoed in his head. Harry moaned and felt his body slide down, shouts occurred and he heard the buzzing of several different voices. The table was lowered and he felt something sticky on his chest and arms, then his legs. He heard the voices arguing and a hand held his tightly while Taki's voice said his name over and over again. The voices became excited and the stickiness was removed from his body, chattering occurred until Yuri's voice boomed.

"Quiet! Out! Out!" he barked and the voices left. "You see if he respond to your voice." Harry heard movement and a hand was on his forehead.

"Harry, can you open your eyes for me?" Taki said softly Harry struggled to do so but he found he didn't have the energy to move much less make a sound.

"Potter! Eyes open!" Snape's voice rang out like a bell and his eyes popped open despite the lack of energy, Yuri was leaning over him again with the blasted light shining in his eyes.

"Follow light!" he barked even as he began to move it around, Harry did so and sighed in relief as he lowered it. "Good, what did you feel right before you pass out?"

"Really dizzy, worse than before." Harry said his eyes starting to close. A growled ‘Potter!' was all it took for him to force them back open.

"Good. Stop worrying Taki. It is bad case of flu and nothing more." Yuri said and Taki sighed in relief squeezing Harry's hand.

"What can we do?" He asked. Yuri frowned at Harry and shook his head.

"Normal would send child to hospital, but know this child would fight as well as him." He jerked a finger at Snape who snorted folding his arms in the doorway. "Will send him home with you, you provide address, will come tonight, hook in IV to make sure boy stays hydrated, very dangerous if doesn't. Several medications..." he trailed off and walked to the door pushing Snape in so he could shut the door. He sent them both a look. "No healing, no magic, no potions, no anything not normal! Will not help! It will only make worse, fever worse because of potion given."

Snape scowled at him but nodded. "I understand." Yuri nodded then took Harry's chin and looked deeply into his eyes.

"You will do every thing I ask you do. No arguing, no fighting. Or else Hospital you will go to despite what man says. Make myself clear?" He asked and Harry nodded slowly.

"Yes sir." He said weakly. Yuri nodded and patted his hand.

"Good, go get the stuff and then you can all go home." He said opening the door again motioning for Snape to follow him, obviously sensing that Snape was in charge of Harry's well being. Harry turned his head slowly to Taki.

"One question."

"Ask away." Taki said seriously.

"Where the hell did you dig him up, and why do I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to get rid of him?" he asked and rolled his eyes as Taki burst into laughter ruffling his hair.

"Don't worry about it. You'll get used to him." He said smiling as Harry closed his eyes again. "Get some sleep. Fon't worry about how you're getting home okay?"

"Yeah, sure... Remind me later to argue with you about this." He said his head rolling to the side and he sighed and fell asleep...

To be continued...
End Notes:
again REVIEW PLEASE! I like feedback on characters and plot and stuff!!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1424