Why do we Live? by Solitare
Summary: Harry has been depressed for weeks until one day during a potion's exam he finds out that Snape has taken matters into his own hands...
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 19398 Read: 57158 Published: 09 Oct 2007 Updated: 16 Jan 2009

1. The truth in pen and ink by Solitare

2. Speaking but not Listening by Solitare

3. Understanding the Problem by Solitare

4. Whispers by Solitare

5. Chapter 5 by Solitare

6. Dreaming Reality by Solitare

7. Mind Games by Solitare

8. Note from the author by Solitare

The truth in pen and ink by Solitare
Author's Notes:
Okay I'll admit I was not going to post this story...and still might take it down Not sure how good it is actually so hopefully you enjoy please please review I need the input!
October 22nd this is now beta'd thanks to my awesome beta Vicki!

Why do we live? Why do we stand up each day and go on? Why do we bother to fight a battle we are so obviously losing...Why am I even alive when I should be dead! Harry Potter froze at the words that were on his paper. He was sitting in class taking a Potions exam, and he couldn't remember writing any of the words. He quickly crossed them off and went back to working, though he was careful with how he held his quill.  He spared his hands a glance and winced. He hadn't realized the damage that he had caused the night before when he had slunk into Myrtle's bathroom. All he had cared about was making the pain go away; he hadn't realized  that he had been slamming his hand against the wall and directly through the mirror until he felt the pain on his hands.  He could still remember Myrtle's latest offer to share her toilet with her.  She had meant it just like she had the last time she offered, but this time her eyes had held a glint as if she was up to something. Harry shook the memory away and went back to his exam.

I mean, seriously, every year-hell, even every summer-I barely survive, but somehow, in some manner, I do? Does that mean that when I kill maggot-breath that I'll die? Because there won't be any reason for me to live any more?  And do I care if there isn't? Has it ever really mattered since I found out about...about everything? 

Harry gaped down at the words on his papers that he hadn't consciously written; what the heck was going on?  He glanced up to see everyone working hard on their own exams.  No one else seemed to be having the trouble he was; they were all writing madly away and nobody looked surprised by what was on their papers. He swallowed, paling slightly as he quickly scribbled out the words and went back to working on his exam.

I mean, that's probably the real reason why my mother saved me...nobody acts in a selfless way without any gain to themselves, that isn't the way the world works. I don't even know why she had me...she probably would've given me up if it hadn't been for the prophecy, she had to know the deaths I would cau -

"Potter! Come here!" Snape bellowed. Harry jumped and stood. "Bring your exam." Harry snatched his parchment up, turning once to look at his friends as he followed Snape into the potions master's office. Ron stared after Harry and then turned to look at Hermione, who was trying rather hard to look like she was doing her exam. Before any gossip could begin, Snape slipped back in and glared at the entire classroom. "You all had better keep at your own exams and no talking! Or I will have the entire class peeling newt eyes and scrubbing cauldrons until your arms ache," he thundered, and was quite satisfied when most of the students jumped.  The sound of quills scribbling rapidly on parchment was music to his ears. He was furious, furious about what he was about to do. He stormed back into his office, where Potter was trying to blend in with the shelves that held his private stash of potions.

"Sit down, Potter," he snarled, curling his lip. Honestly, why couldn't anyone else see what was happening before their eyes? Their precious savior was fading and they weren't doing anything to save him. He snarled as he watched Harry stumble a little to the seat; it was obvious Potter had no idea why he was being signaled out.

Harry clutched the paper tightly in his hands, crinkling it from the force of his grip as he finally sat down, not able to withstand the force of his professor's glare. They stared at each other in silence until Harry looked away. Snape cleared his throat, calling Harry's eyes back to him. He paled when Snape held out a hand.

"Let me see it, Potter."

Harry shook his head.  "It isn't finished

"Yes, Potter, it is. Hand me your exam," Snape commanded. Harry closed his eyes tightly as he handed the paper over. He was miserable; Snape was going to laugh at what he had written, or give him a year's worth of detentions because he hadn't been doing what was assigned. He closed his eyes tightly, but all he saw in the darkness was a face...a face that caused him to gag, vomit sliding up his throat until he forced it back down. His eyes sprang open and he could feel cold sweat slid down his face and neck. Snape sat silently, his eyes skimming over the entire paper. Then he slowly raised his eyes. Potter sat with his back rigid, he mused, like a boy about to be sentenced to death. He didn't flinch, his hands didn't shake, but Snape could almost sense the tension in the boy.  He had known when he had slipped this particular piece of parchment in front of the boy that the results would be worrying. But he hadn't known how bad it would be.  He knew the boy was shaken with his godfather's death. He was also letting himself go; the boy was thinner and he didn't eat at meals, though he was at least putting on a façade at dinner to make his Housemates believe that he had. Snape added in his mind as his trained eyes easily took in the new image Potter was sporting. It was one thing to know Potter wasn't handling the recent events well, he'd known even before  he had called Potter into this office that the boy's former self was fading...but to go as far to think these thoughts? No, Potter wasn't simply fading-he was breaking, about to shatter from the pain and the stress that he was under. And not even his Head of House seemed to notice. He placed the piece of parchment down on the desk in front of him, smoothing out the wrinkles as he chose his words carefully. He didn't feel a desire to have his office dismantled by a traumatized teenager. Traumatized, that was what Potter was. He wished that for once in his life, Potter would not insist on doing this the hard way, because Snape was in no mood to fight. In fact, he was very much sick to his stomach at the thoughts written on the parchment...not that he cared about Potter that much, but he was still his student. He must have eaten something that was spoiled during breakfast, that would certainly explain why he wasn't feeling well; he knew it was a mistake to allow a house elf to actually cook for him. Potter coughed slightly, bringing Snape from his thoughts. Right, the problem at hand, Snape thought.

"Do you know why you wrote this?" he asked.  Harry shook his head, studying his shoes. "You cannot lie-not on this particular piece of paper, at least," Snape added, tapping the parchment.  Harry raised his eyes cautiously, not sure what to make of this, not sure he wanted to know.

"Professor?"

"Write down what House the Hat wanted to sort you into," the man commanded as he handed Harry a quill.  Harry gripped it and leaned forward. Gryffindor, Harry thought and began to write.

Gry...Slytherin.  He managed to write three letters before his hand moved automatically on his own. He quickly moved to cross out the word, but Snape captured his hand and removed the parchment.  He read it slowly, face not showing any of his emotions. Then Harry watched as the man slowly raised his eyes to meet his.

"You convinced it not to, didn't you, Potter...that was very stupid of you." Snape sighed and rubbed the ridge of his nose.  He knew it, all along he knew that the troublesome Gryffindor belonged in his House. 

"It wasn't stupid!  Ron said-"

"Oh yes, the same Mr. Weasley who was jealous of you during fourth year? The same one who foolishly allowed you to leave the safety of Hogwarts and go to the Department-"

"Shut up!" Harry screamed, his hands fisting at his side. His breathing was off, Snape mused as he studied him carefully. He knew of the episode in Dumbledore's office, the entire faculty knew and Dumbledore had warned them all to tread carefully with Potter. Just as he knew the guilt and despair that was lurking inside the teenager's mind. Granted, there were only a few days left before the official school year ended, but Snape was now bound and determined to find out why the boy loathed his muggle relatives. The brief glances of the memories he had seen during their private lessons were enough to hint at a problem, but he intended to find out just what was going on in Potter's home. And the thoughts on the paper before him were extremely disturbing...and worrying.

"Just shut up!" Harry's voice shook as he whispered it. All he could see was Sirius...Sirius falling through the Veil with that shocked look, the way his eyes had widened as they stared into Harry's, the sadness, the knowledge he had been able to see. Tears began to slide down his face, and he rubbed at them angrily.  He would not fall apart in front of Snape.

"And this, Mr. Potter, is why you should have let the Sorting Hat do its job properly," Snape sighed as he pulled out his handkerchief and offered it to Harry, who stared blankly at it. "Wipe your face." Harry took it and slowly did so, his breath still hitching.

"I don't belong in Slytherin," he said wearily.  His head was buzzing, but surprisingly his magic hadn't acted up as it had the last time he had gotten mad, in Dumbledore's office.

"Slytherin is more than the House that creates bad witches and wizards.  It is also the House that deals with children who have tormented pasts and problems.  Had you been in that house..." Snape shook his head. Now was not the time to argue, now was the time to take what little action he could.

"By all rights, I should fight to have the Hat resort you..." Snape mused out loud. He could see the panic entering Harry's eyes rapidly, as well as in the way the boy began to hyperventilate.

"No, ple-"

"Silence, Potter. I will not, as that will not help this situation in the least," he said. The panic began to recede from green eyes, and he could see Harry visibly relax.

"There isn't a situation, sir," Harry said, his eyes darting to the door. Maybe Snape was going to let him leave now...

"Yes, there is. Your aunt and uncle are abusive, you don't seem to understand the importance of your own life, and I'm afraid you're becoming suicidal," Snape replied with honesty.

"I am not suicidal!" Harry snarled. Snape raised an eyebrow and stood.  He walked over and picked up one of Harry's hands, turning it over until the palm was clearly visible. The bruises were dark on the tan skin and cuts on it looked inflamed, a sure sign of infection.

"Yet you do yourself harm," he spoke softly, watching Harry go red from embarrassment.

"I was flying, and the broom..." Harry fumbled with the lie as he stared down at his hand. Cool fingers forced his chin up and he found himself staring at Snape.

"Don't lie...you don't ever have to lie to me," he spoke again in that soft voice. Harry's breath caught in his throat.

"Professor...I...that is, you-"

"I will speak with Dumbledore and make the proper arrangements," he said as he stood, gesturing for Harry to follow him.

"Arrangements?" Harry said, his voice shaking.

"You won't be going back to those muggles of yours...no, you need constant watching, and I have a few ideas on two of the people you could be placed with. Now go and finish your exam," he instructed, handing Harry a new piece of parchment. He watched with even more concern as the boy fled.  He hadn't protested being shoved off on a stranger, Snape mused, and that was not a good sign. He shook his head-no, he couldn't push this one off on someone else...he was going to have to tend to this one personally.

 

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review...I'll give you a cookie!
Speaking but not Listening by Solitare
Author's Notes:
Well here is the second chapter, it was mostly finished when I posted the first chapter not sure when I'll write the third as I do have other stories I am trying to work on LOL. Again please please Review! Also if you have any ideas feel free to give them, the more I get the sooner I will actually come up with chapter three. So enjoy the chappie.

Why does he care? Why does he push at me demanding things I haven't ever told anyone...why does he care when no one else does? Why him of all people!

Harry sat miserably at the great hall. Arrangements, Snape was going to force him to live with someone whom he wouldn't know what to expect from. At least he knew what the Dursleys were capable of...now he had no clue what to do.

"Ah Harry my dear boy." Dumbledore's voice brought him from his thoughts, he turned and gazed up at the headmaster. It wasn't Dumbledore's fault, he had done what he had thought best to protect him, and how did he repay the headmaster? By exploding at him and wrecking his office. "Walk with me Harry." The kind old man said and waited for Harry to stand. The two left the great hall and walked down the hallways.

"Professor I..." Harry began but stopped when the older man took his arm and turned him to face him. His eyes twinkling knowing full well what it was that was bothering him.

"Harry...I'd rather you be mad at me, than at yourself. I'd rather you blow up my office than..." he touched Harry's hands. "Than taking your anger out on yourself. Harry Professor Snape has come to me with a problem." He stated and the two began walking again.

"A Problem?"

"Yes it seems, he feels that he must step in for one of his students. He is going to take this student for the summer...until he can arrange to have this student be his permanent responsibility. But he knows how this student would react to such news." Dumbledore said sadly.

"Sir..." Harry began a sinking feeling in his stomach.

"Harry it isn't often that Professor Snape is wrong when it comes to home troubles. And he never truly looked into yours...he has now. And..." Dumbledore continued pausing at the courtyard entrance. He studied Harry's face. "And he has demanded that I remove you from the care of your Aunt and Uncle and place you into his care."

"He what!" Harry shouted swaying, Dumbledore quickly grabbed hold of him. This isn't happening Harry thought shaking his head. He couldn't breath, he thought a second later swaying Dumbledore helped him sit down on the ground pushing Harry's head between his legs.

"Calm down breath..." the old man cautioned. When Harry was breathing better he stroked his back. "I know this is a shock, but I find myself agreeing with him on this point. You aren't doing well Harry...and some of the concerns he expressed to me I find myself feeling the same." Harry shook his head...this was seriously not happening...first the parchment and now this! He looked up at Dumbledore his green eyes pleading. The old wizard sighed.

"Professor-" Harry began in a broken voice.

"You keep your thoughts to yourself. You do always seem to go off on your own, without turning to those older than you for help. While...I feel at times that your actions were correct...and have agreed with you on many occasions...Professor Snape has pointed out despite who you are...a student shouldn't be allowed, or forced into any situation." He said sadly. Harry stared at him in shock.

"Professor..."

"I lost sight of the fact that you are a child Harry and for that I will never forgive myself. You stood so strong as each new year brought a new trial, untold dangers and you didn't flinch from it. You walked into it without looking behind...I assumed...it doesn't matter what I assumed the fact is that Harry you are but a child...you shouldn't have to deal with this." Dumbledore said wearily sitting beside him. The two sat in silence, only Harry's slightly panicked breathing disturbed the serene feel. Here he was sitting next to the only man who Voldemort feared...and he felt bad for him.

"I...I'd rather face all that then knowing that while I sit by, Voldemort is out there ordering raids, killing people. Not just wizards but regular humans as well!" He protested. Dumbledore shook his head and smiled sadly at Harry.

"I know...but...you don't hesitate if it is your life on the line, someone else's yes you do, however if it is merely your life...you go in without weighing any other options. Harry...my dear, dear boy, you don't see it but I did fail you. You no longer see any value in your own life. Professor Snape is going to remedy that, as well as teach you some self defense moves. He also pointed out you are quite helpless without your wand."

"I am not helpless! And I don't need his, or anyone else's help!" Harry shouted getting to his feet, he glared at Dumbledore. "I survived all these years on my own! And I will continue to do so until I kill Voldemort!" he snarled.

"Potter!" A silk voice shouted. Harry froze and turned very slowly. Snape stood there and from the look on his face...Harry was in serious trouble.

"My office. Now!" he commanded. Well...this certainly can not get any worse, Harry thought miserably as he was led away from the headmaster. Dumbledore waited until both were out of sight before he smiled popping a lemon drop into his mouth.

"Good luck Severus..." he said softly knowing full well that the professor was going to need everything he could get.

Why does he care? What does it matter? Nothings left for me anymore...the more friends I have the more chances are that they will be hurt...I can handle everyone alone...I can handle being alone...

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please please review...I'll give skittles?
Understanding the Problem by Solitare
Author's Notes:
Well as my beta has up and vanished I tried to get it the best I could. It's short but hopefully you will enjoy it.

"Sit down Potter." Snape said coldly and waited as the pale Gryffindor chose a seat as far away from his desk as he could get. Snape resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the boy but moved over sitting down on a stool in front of Harry and stared deeply into the frightened emerald eyes.

"Professor..." Harry began only to get a glare, so instead he sat looking at the black eyes of his Potion's teacher as he twisted his hands picking at his skin as he fought a cluster of nerves.

"You Potter are not well." Snape made the statement and was pleased to see a bit of the old temper Harry once possessed flare up in his eyes.

"So you've said Professor." The teen spat in anger. Snape smirked at him and raised a hand tracing the scar that had marked the boy a savior before he could even speak.

"And I would know what I am talking about." He said, Harry pushed away Snape's hand.

"Stop that, it's..." Harry trailed off as he saw humor float into Snape's eyes.

"It's what Potter?" Snape asked standing and going over to his cabinet.

"Weird! And Annoying too!" He snapped. Snape turned and looked at him.

"You've been playing with it Potter, I have some salve I want you to put on it so that you don't go and give yourself an infection, perhaps I should get you some muggle stress balls you look like you could use some." He commented and threw the jar at Harry. Harry had a split second to react and he quickly caught it with hands though he almost dropped it.

"You could've hit me in the face if I didn't catch this!" he accused. Snape nodded.

"I know that Potter, but I needed to test how far you have let yourself go. Thankfully though you've managed to keep most of your reflexes." He answered his back to Harry as he jotted something down in what appeared to be a journal. "And put some of that salve on your scar Potter as well as the cuts you got on your hands. I would also like to add if you do not then I will come over there and do so for you." He threatened and smirked as he heard the sound of the jar opening. He waited a few minutes before glancing over, Potter for once had done as he had been told. Closing the book he walked back over to Harry sitting again he waited till the boy had capped the jar setting it in his lap.

"We need to discuss what the arrangements will be for this summer, as we both know there will be several times I will be called away unexpectedly. So I've contacted one of Dumbledore's nephews and he has agreed to attend to you during such times, as well as help you overcome some of what you've been put through." Snape said and Harry's eyes widened.

"What? What do you mean by that." He snapped. Snape quickly hid the grin that wanted to come onto his face.

"Potter you to put it bluntly have issues, more than I myself can take care of. While I know normally I am quite capable of taking care of a young man of your age, I find in your particular case that it is with your best interests to enlist the help of a professional. I believe the muggle term is shrink." He said and leaned back extremely pleased when Harry exploded.

"I do not need a shrink! For Merlin's sake! I.Am.Fine!" he shouted on top of his lungs. He would've stormed from the room had Snape not reached out grabbing his arm forcing him to sit once more.

"Calm down Potter, really you're acting like a child. You have problems and have been through many ordeals that you refuse to face. There for it is high time someone take action, and as no one else seems to be willing to do so I have. You will be remaining in my care for the duration of the summer, and while I work on some of the details until you are of the legal age." He spoke smirking. Harry opened and closed his mouth before rubbing his temples.

"Please tell me this is just some sort of bad dream and that I am going to wake up soon." He said tiredly. Snape stood smiling down at the boy.

"Potter this is not a dream and I expect you to be fully packed by tomorrow afternoon, bring all your things here, we will be leaving the following morning, Healer Dumbledore will be meeting us at the manor." He said. Harry raised his eyes glaring at him.

"What manor?" he spat.

"Why Prince Manor Mr. Potter, I think it would be better if we didn't stay at Hogwarts during the summer so we can go to my home. It has some very interesting features...like the wards that prevent anyone from entering or leaving without my permission." He explained earning himself a groan from the teen.

"I.Hate.My.life." Harry moaned, Snape frowned shaking his head, seeing into the statement more than what he knew the boy had intended to show him.

"I know Potter and that is one of the things I intend to correct." He said pulling Harry to his feet. Harry groaned as he did so sending more glares to Snape.

"What is this nephew like?" Please not like Dumbles himself, Harry added silently. Snape smirked.

"A little like Dumbledore himself and somewhat like me I am afraid. I'm sure the two of you will get along quite well." He answered as he ushered the boy from his office.

"Professor..." Harry began turning as Snape mentioned him that he was free. Snape raised an eyebrow, the look in Harry's eyes spoke volumes and he read each carefully, which was why when he spoke he did so for once without any hint of malice nor sarcasm.

"Sometimes Potter even strong wizards break. Which is why those around them have to help them. Try leaning on someone for a change." He suggested and was surprised when Harry's eyes seemed to age.

"I did. Then he died." Harry responded softly then turned walking away his shoulders slumped. Snape watched him go with a sigh praying that he was indeed doing everything in his power to save Lily's child.

"Lily, how could they let him get this bad and do nothing?" he asked softly then turned heading to his quarters to pack, in truth he always spent his summers at Hogwarts and it would be the first time in years that he returned to the manor. He supposed it would be good for him as well to get a break from the walls of the castle. Though he would admit to himself he did love them...

Why does he bother? Why when no one else does? How does he know me so well when he's spent all these years hating me? Why is he still trying to save me after time after time I prove how worthless I really am...why does he act like he cares?

To be continued...
End Notes:
please review
Whispers by Solitare
Author's Notes:
Well here it is chapter four hope you all enjoy it...

AND it's beta'd thanks to Omega13a hearts and skittles to you!!

The pain takes away the loneliness that no one realizes exists, they all see me as a tool, as this great savior destined to stop a terror...why do I even bother trying to get them to see the real me?

Harry stood glaring at the clock, he had come as instructed his trunk as well as Hedwig's cage were at his feet and he found himself in an empty room. He turned and began to pace debating if he should just leave. He sighed again then froze, remembering that Snape would probably still have the enchanted parchment, he cursed and rushed to Snape's desk and began to sift through the papers on it.

"Just what pray tell is it that you think you are doing at my desk Mr. Potter?" Harry froze.

"I that is, I well...the parchment, did you...err that is destroy it sir?" he asked shuffling his feet as he walked around the desk refusing to meet Snape's eyes.

"And which parchment would that be Potter?" he asked eying Harry, he glanced at the boy's belongings. "At least you know how to listen."

"Of course I know how to listen! And the one that I was writing on before, when I was trying to take the blasted exam." He snapped. Snape smirked as he walked up to Harry.

"I am afraid that document I have already sent to Healer Dumbledore." He stated as he continued on his way to his desk then turned back. "You'll be surprised to know despite your emotional trauma that day you got an O on your test."

"I...you..Why would you do something like that?" he shouted. Snape folded his arms and leaned on his desk facing Harry.

"Why would I send a document that had your inner most feelings to someone who would be able to give more input as well as give that individual an idea with what he is going to have to be dealing with? Calm down Potter he isn't going to send that to the daily prophet." he said when Harry continued to look at him with a panicked look in his eyes. Harry folded his arms glaring at him.

"You know that I hate you even more." he snapped. Snape nodded.

"My goal in life, Potter, is of course to make you loath me more than any other person and it seems I am succeeding. Have you said your goodbyes to your friends?" Snape questioned turning as he began to shuffling his papers back into order.

"Yes. But why did I have to bring my stuff here today if we aren't leaving until tomorrow?" he asked grumpily going over to sit on one of the chairs grumbling underneath his breath as he did so.

"Actually I figured we'd leave early, if I had told you we were leaving today you wouldn't have come and then I would have had to spend the entire day searching for you." He stated and turned back around seeing Harry glaring at him hatefully. "Can you deny that you wouldn't do something as childish as that?" he asked. Harry sighed and shook his head.

"No..." he hated that Snape had an actual point. Snape nodded satisfied with his student's honesty and then shrunk his items slipping them into his pocket.

"Your owl will be able to find us. Now hold onto me." he commanded and waited until Harry reluctantly did so. With a pop they were gone...

Harry moaned as he fell to his knees moments later. Snape simply swept passed him and walked to the door unlocking it.

"If you are quite done with the melodramatics then you can come inside." he said dryly. Harry stood his legs shaking as he stumbled towards him.

"Easy for you to say you don't feel like puking every time someone does that to you." he snapped angrily. Snape turned and narrowed his eyes at Harry.

"Is a weak stomach something I need to add to one of your ever growing lists of illnesses?" he stated as he ushered Harry into the door.

Harry stared at the hallway; it was to put it simply astonishing, the wall was covered in a beautiful wallpaper with designs twisting and turning flowing into one and another, the furniture was obviously antiques. The dust that covered everything was evidence that no one had lived there in a while. Though something actually smelled good, he glanced at Snape but the man didn't say word just motioned for him to follow him once more. Rolling his eyes and feeling more like a dog than a student he followed his professor to what turned out to be the kitchen. A man sat at the table a plate of cookies in front of him and a steaming cup of tea. His light tan hair was long and tied back into a pony tail, he looked up and Harry knew that it had to be Dumbledore's nephew because the man had the same annoying twinkle in his eye.

"Severus you're earlier than you told me you would be. I just brewed some tea would you and Harry care for some? I can promise you Harry I won't offer you lemon drops." He said kindly. Harry rolled his eyes as he slouched down into a chair sending both men in the room glares. The man sighed shaking his head. "Can't we just get along?"

"Potter, you're being rude." Snape snapped. The man laughed.

"Actually I am, I know his name but he doesn't even know mine, Takishi Dumbledore at your service, and please don't make fun of my first name. I had very odd parents I am afraid. You can call me Taki of course." He said smiling. Harry scowled.

"Whatever...can I please leave the room?" he asked. Snape glared at him.

"No, Potter, you can not leave the room, there are going to be rules while you stay under my roof." he began.

"I never wanted to be under your roof." Harry said picking at the table. Taki remained silent sipping his tea as he studied Harry carefully, taking in each and every detail of the young Gryffindor.

"And I never said you had a choice in the matter." Snape countered. Harry rolled his eyes and banged his head onto the table.

"I hate my life." he muttered underneath his breath.

"Yes you have already stated that on several occasions and we shall deal with that later. First of all you are not allowed to leave the house without myself or Healer Dumbledore with you? You cannot be trusted at this time to not go and run off." Snape began earning himself another thud on the table. Taki coughed slightly as he set his tea cup aside his eyes narrowing.

"Secondly, your bedtime-"

"Bedtime?!" Harry shrieked raising his head to glare properly at his professor, who smirked at him.

"Yes, Potter, bedtime is eight o'clock." he finished with a satisfied smirk. Taki coughed and Snape turned.

"You have something to add to that one?" he asked the Taki who nodded.

"Before you go to bed you have to write in a journal, just as every morning you get up you have to write in it. I don't care what you write just that you do." The healer said leaning back in his chair. Harry groaned and lowered his head with another bang onto the table.

"Why me?" he asked.

"Because you were lucky enough that I caught onto you, so here we are. Be happy that I am being nice." Snape snapped.

"Nice! This is you being nice!" Harry shrieked.

"Both of you stop it!" Taki commanded glaring at the two of them.

Harry shut up blinking surprised, the man was already proving how Un-Dumbledore like he truly was. Snape merely subsided into silence his face was a mask of no emotion.

"I apologize Heal-"

"Severus...stop being such a prat! You have never called me Healer to my face before! Do not start now. You bring me in when you need help with your snakes so deal with it!" Taki snapped. Then he turned to stare at Harry. "And as for you! I do not take to people harming themselves, so stop trying to give yourself a concussion! And let me see your hands." Taki said standing and kneeling in front of Harry holding out his own hands expecting Harry to listen to him.

Harry slowly put his hands on the man's. Taki turned them over and held them up so he could see them better, then he looked directly into Harry's eyes.

"What?" Harry grumbled. Taki shook his head and stood.

"Finish outlining the rules Severus. Well, I need to go get something from the room you told me was mine." he said and left the room. Severus nodded.

"You will eat every meal in the presence of either myself or Takishi. You also will eat whatever is placed on your plate and in the cup. You will not give either myself or Takishi an attitude for any reason. If we tell you to do something then that is what you will do. You will receive punishments if you disobey us or disrespect us. Mostly lines or helping me clean the labs here in this house as they have not been used for some time. They are quite...covered in filth. Is all of this clear to you Potter?" Snape questioned Harry groaned and moved to bang his head again onto the table, however hands snaked from behind and held his head still.

"I told you to stop that." Taki reprimanded before glancing at Snape. "Are you done with the rules?"

"At the moment, the ones that I feel are needed have been set in place, but knowing Potter we will have to implement even more within a week." Snape replied as he stood glancing between Taki and Harry. "I will leave you to place Potter's stuff in his room, then to place mine in my own." He stated and swept from the room. Taki looked down at Harry's head which he still held.

"Are you going to stop banging your head or do I have to make you?" he asked softly of the teen. Harry sighed.

"I'll stop..."

"Good." He stated and released Harry's head with a frown as he pulled one of the chairs to sit directly in front of Harry, he sat down gauze, another jar, a vial and what almost looked to be hand braces. "Now...give me one of your hands again." He commanded.

Harry rolled his eyes as the man sat down and held out his left hand slouching in his chair. Taki took the hand in one of his own and grabbed one of the pieces of gauze and poured the vial onto it, setting the vial down he began to dab at Harry's hand. Harry yelped in surprised and tried to pull his hand back.

"What is that stuff?" Harry snapped still trying to reclaim his hand but was having no success.

"A little of this and that. It's basically cleaning the cuts out and helping prevent and destroy infection." Taki answered not looking up from his work. "You certainly did quite the number on these." Harry groaned and gave up trying to get free.

"Yeah well it wasn't entirely on purpose." he muttered.

"Yes it was. You just don't realize that's the case yet." Taki countered as he set the gauze aside and uncapped the jar.

He scooped some of the cream into his free hand and began to lather generously Harry's hand until it was completely covered, then he took the gauze and began to wrap it around the hand sealing the cream in tightly. He glanced up at Harry then nodded to himself picking up one of the braces he slid it over the gauze tightening the straps into place, then he took out his wand and tapped it muttering underneath his breath before he at last released Harry's hand.

"What is this?!" Harry demanded in anger as Taki took his other hand and began to do the same as he had with the first.

"It's called a brace, it'll allow for some mobility but not much. It is there for two reasons, to let your hands heal properly without outside interference and to prevent a repeat of how those hands were injured." Taki said.

Harry glared as Taki finished with his other hand, releasing it only after he whispered whatever spell he had placed on the first one.

"And the spell?" Harry growled.

"You can't harm the braces nor take them off." Taki said leaning back in his chair after he piled the supplies neatly and banished the used ones.

"Great, just great, first I'm stuck with Snape all summer and now this." Harry grumbled he yelped as Taki reached out and pulled him upright by the arm with a firm but gentle grip.

"You should be grateful to him." Taki said quietly forcing Harry to listen carefully in order to hear him.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Harry said he heard just as much from the Dursley's.

Taki shook his head tilting it as he watched Harry for a few minutes.

"No I don't think that you do actually understand it. And that is one of your problems." He commented as he led Harry out of the room and down the hall.

"I don't have any problems, don't you know that by now? I'm the freaking savior of the Wizarding world." Harry said laughing.

Taki pushed him into a room that was completely decked in green and silver, wonderful Harry thought as he saw his things already in the room.

"Of course you don't have problems Harry, it's just the rest of us who do." Taki said calmly as he pushed Harry to sit on the bed as he closed the door.

He walked over to the side of the bed and handed Harry a thick red journal. "I know you know what that is for, and I intend for you to follow through with writing in it. I do have an additional rule to those that Severus has already set in place."

"What is that?" Harry said rolling his eyes.

"No self harm in any shape manner or way. If I find you have harmed yourself again, you will be given a complete medical examination by the nearest doctor or healer, and I don't mean myself because as I have some talents in that area but my skill lies with the mind. And to add to that, you will then be forced to stay in bed for an entire week for each cut no matter how small you have inflicted on yourself. And cut can mean anything even a simple bruise, and I will know when it is that you have done something to yourself." Taki said sternly. Harry groaned and glared at the man.

"I didn't ask for you or Snape to stick your nose where it obviously isn't wanted." He said softly. Taki smiled sadly at the boy as he walked to the door.

"I know...get some rest. You are not to leave this room." he said and shut the door.

Harry groaned shaking his head as he stood and began to wander around the room. The room was elaborate, and he had to admit the finest bedroom he had ever seen much less stayed in. Harry walked over to his trunk and opened it only finding it was empty as he continued to look around he found that Snape had obviously put everything away expect Harry's normal clothes, the one's Dudley had given him... Those were no where to be found, in their place were clothes that looked like they had never once been worn, in fact as Harry picked up a gray pair of jeans he found the tags were still on them. He blinked...Snape...bought clothes? He thought with a shock then shook his head, they were probably just left over... or something... Harry thought walking over to the large bed. He stared at it and wondered if just this once his body would let him sleep without nightmares... and if he did have them would it be worth seeing the looks on both Snape's and Takishi's faces when they heard his screams. But the lack of sleep was getting on his nerves, he walked around and pulled the blankets back and slid his shoes, worn as they were off and climbed into the bed curling up into a tight ball and grumbled at not being able to ball his hands into fists. He was asleep in no time at all and in such a deep one that he didn't hear the door open again. Taki walked in and folded his arms giving Snape a glare.

"You do realize I want to strangle my Uncle right? He had to have known Harry was this bad off." Taki said shaking his head.

"Your Uncle did not realize it either, so do not be angry with him..." Snape said frowning down at his student.

He turned and held his breath as Taki moved forward and removed Harry's glasses and set them on the end table by the bed and pulled the blankets higher on the boy. He let out a breath when Harry didn't stir and motioned for Taki to follow him outside.

"I never understand how you never wake any of the children you work with when you do that." Snape said as they made their way to the kitchen shaking his head.

"You do when you do the same thing to your snakes." Taki said walking over to his seat and glared at his cold tea he held it out to Snape.

"Fix it." he commanded with a pout. Snape smirked at him.

"You never could do spells regarding food." He said and charmed the tea warm again as he did with his own cup as well.

The two men sat in silence staring at the table before Snape spoke up.

"Why in Merlin's name did I fight to take Harry Potter into my keeping?" he blurted out as if he was just coming to his senses. Taki smirked.

"Because you can't resist the injured, abused students, especially the suicidal ones, and just have to get involved in every aspect of their lives and become a solid ground or wall on which they can lean on?" he asked. Snape glared at him.

"Keep it up Dumbledore and I'll kick you out." He threatened.

Taki leaned back in his chair the annoying trademark gleam in his eyes.

"You can't because then that leaves you alone to tend a boy after his nightmares...hold him tell hi-"

"Enough! I get the point!" Snape snapped.

Taki smirked over his cup of tea.

"Come now Severus haven't you learned never to fight with a Dumbledore? We always have something up our selves."

"Yes, yes....what were those things on Potter's hands?" Snape asked curious as he conjured some crackers to the table.

"Oh just something that will ensure his hands heal properly and that they won't be injured again nor can he use them to injure anything else on his person. He can however eat and pick up a pen with them." Taki explained stealing one of Snape's crackers. Snape snorted and smacked his hand as he went for another.

"Manners. You're how old?" he snapped.

"Hmm? At this point in time, three." Taki said grinning at him. Snape scowled.

"What exactly do you intend to do, and which of us should watch Potter to start with?" he said his tone of voice telling Taki just how happy he was to be dealing with him.

Taki frowned and waved his wand, a piece of parchment appeared on the table.

"Remember this?" he said softly. Snape sighed and set his cup down rubbing his temples.

"Yes. Point again taken. You are the expert here." He said with a sigh.

"Yes and you are the one that is going to provide Harry with stability. You are one thing that wont change, once Harry learns that you do care, wipe that sneer off your face, then he will accept how you choose to show it." Taki said, when Snape still sneered at him he reached over and cuffed him on the ear. Snape glared but nodded gruffly.

"Yes, I understand...but I am not sure the boy should get used to me." He said shaking his head.

"I think he should, Severus...you are the only teacher who has paid enough attention to Harry to notice that something is indeed wrong. The only one who not only noticed but did something about it. At this point and time you're the only thing that is going to be able to keep Harry from entirely breaking more than he has already." Taki went on.

"And just how am I supposed to do that?" He growled. Taki sighed.

"By being the hard hearted, stern looking, no nonsense man that I've come to know and...well we'll leave the rest for another day." Taki said smirking when Snape stared at him. The potion's professor coughed and stood.

"I have potions that need brewing." He stated and turned to leave.

"Stock up on calming draughts, because I have a feeling that we are going to go through quite a few of those." Taki said helping himself to the entire plate of crackers.

Snape sneered and stormed to one of the lab's.

I don't understand what's happening...why is he acting like this? Why are they arguing about something as stupid as pain?...what's the point in all of this anyway!

Harry woke with a start to hands shaking him awake.

"Easy, breathe easy, it's just me Taki, come on open your eyes look at me." A soothing voice said, Harry opened his eyes confused he was pretty sure he didn't have any nightmares. Taki smiled and smoothed some of Harry's hair from his forehead.

"S'thing wrong?" Harry asked confused.

"No, but it's time for supper, come on up. All the way now Harry." Taki continued coaxing the still half asleep boy out of the bed. Harry whimpered.

"It's warm!" He protested as he was dragged from the bed, that he decided was a dream come true. One just sank into the mattress like a pile of jell-o. Harry adored that bed. He whined slightly as he was pulled down the hall and back into the kitchen and sat down in one of the chairs. He heard a chuckle and frowned when he realized it hadn't come from Taki. He turned to see Snape in muggle attire of blue jeans and a t-shirt standing at the stove.

"You can laugh?!" Harry yelped in shock which caused Taki to laugh hard as he began to set the table.

"Of course Severus can laugh, he just chooses not to." He commented as he set a glass in front of Harry filling it with milk.

When Harry opened his mouth to argue Taki tapped him on the nose.

"Don't even bother, your drinking it." He said brightly as Snape brought over a pot that smelled different.

He ladled some of whatever was in the pot into the bowl in front of each of the three places. Harry stared at it and felt his stomach roll.

"What is this?" he asked as he felt Taki place the spoon in his hand and spread a napkin on his lap. Snape rolled his eyes.

"Beef stew Potter, didn't you ever eat it before?" he said shaking his head.

"No and I'm really glad I didn't." Harry muttered.

"Potter, eat or I will feed you myself." Snape threatened.

Taki snickered as Harry hunkered over his bowl and began to eat though he did grimace after each bite grabbing the milk to wash it down some.

"Harry it really isn't that bad, besides it's extremely good for you." Taki said enjoying it. Snape nodded watching Harry out of the corner of his eye.

"Besides you need to put weight on." Snape said and looked at Taki who nodded.

"No I don't. I just need to tone muscle." Harry countered between bites still making faces at the food as he ate it.

Snape paused and turned to Harry.

"Potter...gaining weight helps build muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat."

"Oh..." Harry said blinking then glanced down glad that the offending food was gone.

He polished off the milk and glanced around not sure what he was supposed to do.

"You may go back to bed Potter if you choose." Snape said not looking up from his food.

Harry nodded and stood, but Taki grabbed his arm and pressed a pen in it.

"Write before you go back to sleep." He commanded then released Harry who pouted as he made his way in the direction he hoped his room.

Sure enough he entered the room and saw the journal waiting open on the end table. He sighed and picked it up and stared down at the blank page. Shrugging he bent over and began to write.

This is most likely one of the most stupidest ideas any adult has ever made me do. What is the point in writing in this? Day and night?...I still don't understand any of this, I don't understand why Snape is trying to help me...he is supposed to want me dead...heck I want me dead....to many lives....to many lost...

Harry slammed the journal shut in anger, he didn't feel like fixing what he wrote, he was to tired, pulling the blankets back again he crawled under and yelped when Taki walked in. The man walked over and took his glasses off setting them on what Harry assumed was the end table and placed two fingers on Harry's forehead.

"I want you to concentrate on how this feels Harry, don't pay attention to anything else, and don't ask any questions just close your eyes." Taki ordered and watched as Harry annoyed, closed his eyes. He waited until he was sure that the boy couldn't see anything, he uncapped a jar and waved it under his nose and smiled as Harry's body relaxed into sleep. Closing it he stood and tucked him in, then made his way out of the room.

Harry opened his eyes slowly, he winced as he stretched still not lifting his head from the pillow, he stared at the blurry wall and debated if he just wanted to go back to sleep he had no clue what time it was. He shifted again and sat up slowly rubbing his eyes he reached out and felt around till he found his glasses. Sliding them on he glared at the note that was on top of his journal reminding him that before he got up he was to write in it. Grumbling he grabbed the pen and opened the book staring down at the page.

Okay I just wrote in this thing! This is soooo beyond stupid! What does he want to do with this anyway, he still has that parchment...I wonder if I can steal it back and destroy it. after all if it's gone then all they have is their own words against mine...and I'll deny ever writing them! And these ‘braces' they need to come off! I can barely hold a pen much less a knife or anything else...

Harry set the book aside with a sigh; he really didn't see a point in it all as he threw the blankets back. He slid from the bed and opened the door sticking his head out in the hallway which was pitch black he felt the wall and froze he could hear voices coming from a room further down. Bracing his hands on the wall he made his way to the voices and listened.

"He certainly has a long way to go, and I will admit I am very worried Severus, I don't think you are going to be able to threaten him into eating every night. In fact with how skinny he is, it wouldn't surprise me if he had an eating disorder to top everything else off." Taki's voice drifted from the room.

Harry fumed. He did not have an eating disorder! Food and him just had arguments from time to time....almost every day....almost every meal. Shaking his head he strained to hear Snape's reply.

"Potter? An eating disorder? That I highly doubt."

"Severus drop that act! Must I point out you were wrong about his childhood?"

"No...it's just hard to believe and before you try to convince me that it's true, I think you might in fact be right. He barely eats enough to stay alive... So what do you propose that we do?"

"Well...the worst..." The voices stopped abruptly and the door was thrown open and Taki smiled down at Harry.

"Good evening Harry, why don't we get you back in bed." He said taking hold of Harry's arm and began to lead him back to the room.

"It's not morning?" Harry asked shocked and jumped when Snape practically materialized on his other side, they entered the room where Taki tucked Harry back in, Snape stepped forward and held out a vial Harry blinked at it.

"Dreamless sleep Potter, take it of your own will or give me the pleasure of pouring it down your throat." Severus sneered.

Taki sighed rubbing his temple with one of his hands.

"Severus..." He said sighing again.

"I'll take it." Harry said grimly downing the potion and handed it back to Snape.

Taki stepped forward again with an encouraging smile.

"Don't be mad at us for talking about you, we are just concerned about you that is all. Get some sleep." He said taking Harry's glasses off as the boy fell into the arms of the potion induced sleep.

Taki singled for Snape to follow him back out of the room, but stopped as Snape tapped his wand on the door.

"I'm setting up wards; I do not want anymore surprise eavesdropping...why I didn't sense him..." Snape said shaking his head in disbelief. Taki laughed.

"Severus have you even slept in the last two days?" Taki pointed out.

Severus gave the man a glare but when Taki opened his mouth he held his hands up.

"Very well, I will retire and take a dreamless sleep myself." Taki laughed.

"Maybe I should..."

"Do not even attempt such an act. I do not need you putting your nose into my business. Stick to the children." Snape snapped going into his room, he paused on his way to slam the door. "You were saying something before we discovered Potter..."

"Yes, I said we have a worse case scenario, if Harry continues to refuse or give us a hard time...we might have to...install a feeding tube." Taki said frowning shaking his head.

"...I see..."

"That will only be the case should he...should his health become endangered due to lack of nourishment...which means he has about my guess a day or so to start eating right. He's already extremely malnourished." Taki explained.

Snape grimaced and nodded.

"Very well, you should retire as well; it is going to be a long...summer." Snape said grimacing. Taki laughed.

"Of course! But it most certainly will not be dull! Why think of the fun filled days ahead of getting an extremely depressed boy to realize a number of things are not his fault and that he should want to live!" He said brightly but made a hasty walk to his own room when the potion's master looked like was about to kill him.

Snape shook his head slamming his door shut. Why on Earth did he ever agree to take on Potter!

Harry woke again, though he wasn't sure how long he had been asleep, and found himself being woken up again by a hand shaking his shoulder.

"Come on Harry, wake up, just enough to eat some breakfast then you can get more sleep." Taki's soothing voice pulled Harry awake enough to moan.

"No food...want sleep." Harry said rolling over onto his stomach.

Taki sighed and pulled the blankets off and pulled the boy up into his arms ignoring the indignant yelps. He frowned as Harry had yet to change into an actual set of pajamas.

"Yes some food...then bath I think...then more sleeping." Taki said carrying the protesting teen to the kitchen.

Snape looked up from reading the Daily Prophet and raised an eyebrow.

"He didn't want to get up." he explained shaking his head as he placed Harry in the chair.

The teen promptly put his head on the table.

"When are you taking these stupid things off my hands." Harry asked half asleep still.

"Not for a long time Harry." Taki said with a sigh as he walked over and set a bowl of oatmeal in front of him.

"Eat." he commanded.

Harry sat up and looked at the bowl.

"What...?"

"Oatmeal, it's good for you eat it." Taki commanded sitting down with his own bowl.

Harry picked up his spoon and played with it before Snape let out a growl. Sighing he resigned himself to eating it he ate it and blinked...it was actually kind of good. He thought surprised and began to eat slowly, when he paused with having half left, both men at the table glared at him so he resumed eating. Once he was finished he fidgeted until Taki stood and took him by the arm.

"Bath time." He said again cheerful, the man switched moods to often, Harry thought as he was brought to a bathroom.

Taki went to the tub and began drawing the water.

"Can I...?" Harry began but didn't even finish the thought.

"The braces are water proof, they stay on." Taki answered and turned the water off. "I'll bring you a change of clothes in a little while. Try and relax don't think about anything just relax."

Then Taki left the room. Harry sighed stripping off his clothes and stepping into the tub wincing at the water being hot until he sank all the way in. He closed his eyes with a sigh and let the water work out the muscles that he hadn't even been aware of being sore.

What does it matter if I live or if I die? Why does it matter to him? Why did he care enough when others cared not at all...why?

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please, please please review!! Let me know what you think!!!
Chapter 5 by Solitare
Author's Notes:
Here we go all beta'd! Not sure when my next update will be but I promise I will try to get it up asap! Please review, reviews to me are better than food...so please feed me? *puppy eyes*

"Harry James Potter!" the shout brought Harry fully awake and he blushed, somehow he had fallen asleep in the tub. Taki was holding him upright, his face was pale as he stared in shock at Harry...he was sure the potion was out of the boy's system, he shouldn't have fallen asleep. Harry blinked at the man and turned slightly, embarrassed that he was naked in front of the man. Taki cleared his throat with a low growl as he reached over, taking in the various bruises and cuts and scars that decorated Harry's body, and grabbed a large towel. His hands shook as he bundled Harry into it and lifted him out of the tub.

"I..." Harry said his voice was raw as if he had been screaming, which was odd because he hadn't even been aware he fell asleep.

"It's okay..." Taki said both in an effort to reassure Harry as well as himself, he should have known better than to leave a half asleep teen who had suicidal thoughts alone. And while he knew Harry had no idea what he was doing, he was sure that his sub-conscious did. He carried Harry (the teen protesting loudly) out of the bathroom and into his bedroom setting him down, still bundled onto the bed. He didn't say a word as he got a pair of flannel pajama pants and a t-shirt, nor as he walked over debating if he should allow Harry to dress himself or if he would do it himself.

"I can do it!" Harry protested, he was wide awake now, his heart was pounding and the reality of what could have happened had Taki not shown up when he did was dawning on him. Harry knew he himself was pale, though his cheeks did feel flushed. He yelped leaning away from the man as Taki raised a hand placing it on Harry's forehead. The man sighed as he stood.

"Get dressed; I'll be back in a few minutes." He said and left the room. Harry sat shaking for several minutes he wrapped his towel tighter for a few minutes more before he slowly got changed into the clothes, his legs were unsteady and it felt like every bone in his body was heavy.

A moment later the door opened and Taki walked in followed by Snape. Harry backed up a step, he was confused why did Taki need Snape?

"Harry... can you please stay still for a minute?" Taki asked gently. Harry stared at him.

"Why?"

"Potter stay still or else!" Snape snapped out not as patient as Taki was. He took out his wand and whispered a scan spell. He glared at Harry after the spell ended. "Get in that bed right now Potter!" Harry jumped at the order and glanced at the bed then his potion's professor confused. Taki stepped in before Snape could yell and gently led Harry to the bed taking the towel off of it he pushed Harry to sit onto it. He turned holding out the towel which Snape took with a scowl, then turned back sweeping Harry up into his arms and depositing him into the bed properly and then wrapped the blankets tightly around Harry to the point Harry couldn't even move. Then he took Harry's glasses off, he placed them on the end table. Then he stood slowly glancing at Snape who stepped forward putting a vial to Harry's lips.

"Drink and do not even think about arguing. It isn't dreamless sleep but that is all I intend to tell you." Snape said softly Harry groaned and wiggled before he resigned himself, he drank the potion and watched through narrowed eyes as Snape moved away. Taki leaned back in smoothing some of the hair away from Harry's forehead. He traced with a cool finger the scar that marked Harry.

"It's okay Harry...just close your eyes...relax." He soothed his fingers dancing around Harry's forehead in an odd manner, however Harry felt the energy drain from his body. "Come on just relax enough...let your body sleep you're tired right now and you need more rest...we'll talk when you wake up..." Harry's eyes closed fully and with a sigh he fell asleep.

Taki stepped back shaking his head. "I left him alone...for five minutes...just to get something to read why I waited for him to be done." He said letting out a deep breath as he moved to pull a chair over next to Harry's bed. Snape sighed, wonderful instead of being able to brew potions; he was going to have to watch over a sick Potter.

"Go get some rest Takishi, I'll handle Potter."

"Severus...to put it perfectly blunt, your bedside manner sucks." Taki countered with a half smile. Snape snarled.

"At this point, Potter does not need pretty words and kind actions. He has never had anyone actually force him to stay in bed when he is sick. It's high time that someone do so." Snape snapped. Taki held up his hands.

"Alright, point taken...so I'm supposed to treat him like one of your snakes then?"

"He was supposed to be in Slytherin." Snape spat showing how much the idea thrilled him.

"Ah...I see...so he is a Slytherin in the truest sense if he was indeed able to convince the sorting hat not to place him into it." Taki said rubbing his face.

"Drink this and leave Potter to me." Snape said with a growl handing a vial to Taki. Taki sighed shaking his head but took the potion.

"Yes Professor." He teased and headed to the door and paused. "Severus...there's a difference between being hard and forceful and being cruel." He said softly. Snape rolled his eyes.

"Yes and I know the difference. Take that before I come over and make you do it!" Snape barked out the command which had Taki laughing and leaving the room. Snape glared at the door for a few moments before he moved and sat down on the chair next to the bed scowling at the boy asleep in it.

"Potter, why do I bother to even try to save you? You just get into more trouble." He snarled.

"Cause your stupid?" Harry's voice pointed out startling the potion's master.

"I was sure you were asleep Potter." He said. Harry smiled.

"That's cause you were distracted Professor...can you..." Harry began to ask if he could free him of the cocoon of blankets but Snape snickered.

"Oh I don't think so. At the moment you are behaving for the most part even though you should be sleeping." Snape said conjuring a book. Harry let out a frustrated groan.

"I..that is..." Harry said, Snape waited patiently, he would help the boy when he admitted he needed it and not a moment before.

"Mm?" Snape said enjoying himself, it was nice to make a Gryffindor beg.

"Okay...I can not sleep alright! I did not try to kill myself but...I and it was...and he said..." Harry stammered. Snape set the book aside and watched Harry's pale face for a minute before he stood resting a hand on Harry's head.

"Okay, Potter. Take a moment to calm down. I know you didn't try to drown yourself. For two reasons, one you are not stupid enough to try and kill yourself with both myself and Healer Dumbledore in the house because you know you would be strapped to the nearest bed and doped on all manners of potions. Have I made myself clear on that matter?"

"Yes sir..."Harry answered.

"Good...secondly you did not fall asleep...you passed out. As in lost consciousness against your will. Because you managed to get yourself sick." Snape said.

"I am not!" Harry snapped.

"Of course not Potter. You only have a high grade fever, chills, don't deny them, and pass out from time to time. Now I have had enough of your lip." Severus said and reached into his pocket and pulled out yet another potion.

"What do you have? An endless supply of those hidden somewhere on your body?" Harry snapped unhappy as he knew what was coming next.

"Of course Potter. I am a Potions Master." Snape sneered opening the potion and tilting it down Harry's throat careful to make sure the teen didn't choke. "Now...give that a moment or two then rest." He said settling back down.

"You're going to stay here?" Harry asked shocked.

"Yes Potter, or else Healer Dumbledore will wait on you hand and foot. Sleep." he commanded and smirked as Harry opened his mouth to claim he could not, all that escaped his mouth was a sigh and he fell asleep.

 

Dreams are not a pleasant thing, especially when most of them consist of a psychotic killer hexing everyone you love. Another problem with dreams was that most of the time they drained you. These thoughts ran through Harry's mind as he woke up with a startled noise. The room was pitch black but there was something wrong, that much he was sure of. He sat upright shaking from dreams he could not even remember, he felt for his glasses then shoved them on his nose. He narrowed his eyes and tried to figure out why he was feeling the sense of dread. He slid from the bed feeling the world spin and made it to the door before he had to kneel on the ground; he pushed it open slightly and listened.

"Merlin's beard Severus! That monster certainly did a number on you this time! There has to be a way-"

"Shut up Takashi! There is no other way!" Snape's voice Harry thought nudging the door open further he peered into the hallway, which was darkened save the room across from Harry's.

"Alright then lay down and let me see what I can do for these wounds." Taki's voice said he sounded annoyed.

"I can take care of them on my own."

"Of course you can, but as I am in this house and both a mind healer but as well as a body healer, let me deal with these...unless of course you still want to be laid up when Harry gets up."

"...I do wonder why your uncle didn't allow you to attend Hogwarts. You would've made a wonderful Slytherin."

"Perhaps that is the reason. Now lay down. I will be right back." Harry froze and tried to stand only to have the world spin. His door opened and he tilted his head up and stared at Taki who looked very displeased with him.

"Harry...must we restrain you in bed so that you rest?" He said reaching down and plucked Harry from the ground easily.

"No!" Harry protested at the thought of being forced to stay in bed against his will. Taki frowned down at him as he brought him back to the bed.

"Then stay in bed! I do not have time to argue with you at the moment, and if Severus should discover you to be awake and causing trouble he will not allow me to tend to his own wounds. And before you ask I will not discuss that with you." Taki said sharply as he pulled the covers over Harry. He sighed when he looked at Harry and rested a hand against his forehead.

"You need to rest, you are ill, and people who are ill need all the rest they can get." He said and began to rub his thumb in a circle around Harry's forehead. "Just relax okay?" He said his voice lowering to a whisper. Then he stopped straitening.

"Huh?" Harry said half confused.

"Will you stay in bed for me?" Taki asked. Harry nodded slowly.

"Alright..."

"Good I shall be back in just a few...stay put!" He commanded and left the room. Harry sighed and pulled the blankets off his body he was to hot. He thought miserably. He closed his eyes with a sigh and struggled against the aches his body was sending him. Fifteen minutes later Harry was frustrated enough that he was moving to stand when his door opened. Taki was dressed as he was, in flannel pajama bottoms and pulled a t-shirt on, he held a jar in his hand which he set to the side.

"Take your shirt off Harry." He said softly. Harry sat up and stared at him.

"What, why?" He asked confused.

"Trust me okay? Take off your shirt." Harry sighed and slid it off. "Okay on your stomach." Taki said helping the boy roll over he nudged Harry until he was lying down. Once he was he began to push on Harry's back earning several hisses of pain.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked turning his head, Taki smiled.

"Something Severus taught me how to do. Now put your head back down and close your eyes." He said softly, Harry did so as the man began to roll his knuckles underneath his shoulder blades, his hands smoothed his skin slowly in a circular motion digging in when he found a knotted muscle. Harry relaxed his body sagging. He didn't try to even talk. He just simply laid still. After a while he didn't even feel when he went from being awake to asleep. Taki smiled and stood pulling the blanket's over Harry's body. He leaned down and smoothed some of Harry's hair from his forehead, then took the glasses off. He silently left the room leaving the door open as he did so...

The next day, in Harry's opinion sucked. He woke up to be boiling hot and when Snape walked in with food...he threw up on him. Harry was shaking and staring in shock at his potion's professor a look on his face that quite clearly said ‘I am going to die now'. But all Snape did was sigh set the food aside and give Harry a long look before he silently left the room. After a minute he came back in clean clothes with a bowl filled with water though it had another scent to it. He looked at the food and took out his wand vanishing it and in its place he set the bowl. He gave Harry a long look before pointing his wand, ignoring Harry's panicked ‘Yes he is going to kill me after all' look and banished the mess Harry had made on his own clothes.

"Potter, calm down!" Snape said softly, without the bark in his voice he normally had, he set his wand down and moved slowly laying Harry down, pleased that the boy still had his shirt off. He took a clothe out of the bowl and smoothed it around Harry's neck moving in repetitive motions and watching as the panic slowly left from his eyes.

"Profe-" Harry began to choked finding he really didn't have a voice. Snape shook his head.

"Not now Potter. Just relax. Do not worry about anything other than relaxing and breathing." Snape said softly, and began to wash Harry's face off, Harry's eyes drifted shut and slowly he fell back asleep.

"He got worse." Taki said stating the obvious from the doorway. Snape sighed and nodded.

"Yes, he got worse..." He gave Taki a look.

"I suppose I can make a few calls. I do know a muggle pediatrician. He might be able to fit Harry in today." He said softly not wanting to wake the child up. Snape snorted.

"A muggle doctor?" He sneered.

"Yes, a muggle doctor. This is not a magical illness and unless you have a degree in medicine that is who Harry will be seeing." Taki said in a tone of voice that warned Snape not to argue. Snape let out a sigh as he motioned for Taki to follow him out of the room, he left the door open.

"Make your call, though I somehow doubt Potter will be all too pleased to go see a muggle doctor." He pointed out. Taki rolled his eyes.

"Yes, and I know my friend will question Harry's braces. But the marks would be even more questioned."

"Perhaps you should have him look at those as well." Snape pointed out. Taki stopped walking and let out a laugh.

"Oh I do believe Harry wouldn't speak to either of us for who knows when." Taki said still laughing as he walked to the kitchen which held one of the house's phones. "Just make sure that when I say it's time to leave Severus, that you get Harry ready." Snape sneered at him.

"The boy will be ready! Just make your blasted call! You're the one who is insisting on this insanity!" He said shaking his head.

"Mmhmm...go play with some potions now Severus. I will let you know when I need you." Taki commanded which earned him a snarl from the potion's master. "Keep it up and I'll have him take a look at your injuries to!" He threatened.

"And you will be kicked out!" Snape barked back. He grumbled already once more regretting his choice to get involved with Potter's life. He went to take a shower not wanting to hear whatever Taki was going to say to sweet talk an appointment for Harry. Taki smirked and shook his head as he sat down the phone resting on his shoulder as he dialed. He was positive that they were still open, and were most likely running late.

"Hello Pediatrics. This is Janice speaking. How may I direct your call?" A woman said through the phone.

"Hello, this is Takashi Dumbledore, I was wondering if Dr. Prohor was in at the moment and available to answer the phone?" He said politely, he didn't know Janice which meant the last receptionist must have quit, again.

"Let me check. Can you please hold?" the woman said and didn't even wait for him to respond before she put him on hold. He winced as a loud blast of blues music streamed through the phone. Prohor was always odd. He didn't have to wait long before the music stopped and a brisk male voice answered.

"Taki! Where the hell have you been! I thought we had an agreement!" the man said then streamed off into a series of Russian curses. Taki winced.

"I know Yuri, but I've been bogged down! I picked up a few new cases at the school, in fact the reason why I am calling is regarding one of those cases." He explained, that stopped Yuri's swearing.

"Something is wrong?"

"Yes, Yuri, something is wrong. Can you fit in a slot, even a small one to see him today?"

"Symptoms." Yuri barked not even answering Taki.

"High grade fever, which we treated with a fever reducing potion last night. This morning he threw up. He also passed out last night before we discovered he had a fever. His skin is clammy and he is extremely pale." Taki answered rattling off Harry's symptoms. Yuri hummed and Taki could hear him typing on the computer.

"Appointment at noon. You have one hour. Do not be late Takashi!" Yuri snapped and hung up. Taki chuckled and turned hearing Snape walk into the room.

"His appointment is in an hour and takes just about that to get to the office from here." Taki explained, Snape who was wearing a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt nodded.

"Very well. Then I shall go wake up Potter." Severus said, that was something he was not looking forward too. He walked to the boy's room and schooled his expression to his normal sneer and shoved the door open. "Up Potter!" he snapped, Harry startled and sat up straight he bent over a moment later clearly having a dizzy spell.

"What is it?" Harry asked after a few minutes of near nauseating spinning.

"Up, as in out of bed." Snape snapped conjuring a pair of socks, and shoes. Harry gave him a confused look but pulled the blankets back and swung his legs around. Kneeling Snape pulled the socks on quickly despite Harry's weak batting hands.

"I can put shoes and socks on myself." Harry muttered grumpily giving up after a few moments, Snape snorted and pulled the sneaker on tying it then the other.

"In a normal state I do not doubt that Potter. However as I do not wish to be covered once more in your vomit, let us do this my way." He said smirking when Harry flushed with embarrassment. "Up all the way let's see if you can walk on your own or need to be carried."

"Carried!" Harry growled and stood shaking his head he stood and felt relief poor down his spine when he didn't fall face forward. Snape however did not seem to be impressed, in fact he just grabbed a hold of Harry's elbow and led him from the room.

"Car's started!" Taki said sticking his head in the back door. Snape snorted.

"Car? Professor what is going on?" Harry questioned even as he was being led outside the house, Snape all but lifted him into the black SUV that was running and buckled him in. "Professor!" Harry snapped only to have his door slammed shut as Snape rushed back to lock the door. A moment later he was in the passenger seat while Taki took the wheel.

"Alright then. Off we go!" Taki said with his usual glee. Harry moaned, what was this going to be a field trip? All he wanted to do was curl up somewhere dark and quiet, and cool. The SUV was way to hot.

"Potter, where we are going is to an office." Snape answered.

"Oh wow! How informative that information is!" Harry said sarcastically. Taki laughed.

"Harry I am taking you to see a friend of mine." He added. Harry raised an eyebrow but bent forward.

"I think I'm going to be sick again." He moaned and blinked as Snape unbuckled his seat belt and moved to sit beside him as Taki sped up. He conjured a pail and put it between Harry's knees.

"Do not fight it." He commanded.

"Don't fight it! Are you crazy!" Harry hissed and bit his lip as his stomach rolled again. Snape rolled his eyes heavenward, if Harry had been one of his snakes, he would have learned by now to do as he asked and not question why. He rubbed a hand on Harry's back and another pressed on his stomach causing the teen to yelp in protest and after a moment of pushing begin to vomit again.

"You will only make yourself feel even worse if you fight it Harry, trust us alright?" Taki said glancing in the review mirror, he felt bad for the poor kid. His entire life was changing and he had absolutely no say in how it did. After a few minutes Harry stopped and was panting for breath, Severus pushed a water bottle to his mouth and Harry took a sip rinsing his mouth out before he spat it back out into the bucket, he sat back up closing his eyes grateful when Snape vanished the pail. "Okay there Harry?" Taki asked when he felt the silence had gone on long enough.

"Yeah just peachy, always love throwing up twice in one day." He muttered. Snape snorted again shaking his head as he removed his hands from Harry's body.

"Somehow Potter I doubt it will only be two times."

"Great! More good news! Anything else you want to share with me to make this day worse!" he growled and his eyes widened as they pulled into a parking lot to a doctor's office. "What the-"

"Potter, do not even dream of finishing that sentence." Snape barked as Taki got out and came around opening Harry's door.

"You can walk in on your own, or I can force you." He said all humor leaving his face.

"And let me tell you this Potter, I will enjoy embarrassing you in front of children who are smaller than you and can handle going to a doctor without throwing a temper tantrum." Snape smirked. Harry un-bulked the seat belt and glared at both adults as he got out, Taki helping him to stand.

"Good choice Harry. I really think you'll like Dr. Yuri." He said as he led the reluctant teen inside. The room was brightly colored with several children playing in a small indoor play-scape. He pushed Harry down into the nearest chair and headed up to the registration desk. Snape came in a moment later and stood next to Harry.

"I cannot believe you're doing this to me." Harry grumbled he couldn't ever remember going to a muggle doctor, and from the looks of the place it was a muggle pediatrician which in Harry's mind was even worse.

"Can't believe that we are actually forcing you to see someone for an illness?" Snape inquired softly.

"I thought Takashi was a Healer."

"He is, this however is an illness, and it is a muggle illness at that. There for it requires something different altogether. Perhaps I shall make him your primary doctor if I agree with how he acts." Snape said sounding thoughtful. Taki walked back over and moved to sit down, however a blonde haired man walked out in a lab coat and scrubs.

"Taki you are three minutes late!" He barked out briskly glaring at the healer, then he turned his eyes on Harry. "You up! With me now! No complaining!" he turned and started to walk back into the interior of the clinic, when Harry just sat there he turned back and growled. "Do you not hear so well? Follow me child!" he commanded again, Harry was hauled upright by both Taki and Snape and given a nudge forward. Harry stumbled slightly and yelped when a cool hand was hooked under his elbow, the man led him gently into the back and into the nearest exam room.

"I am Yuri Prohor. You call me Dr. Yuri, not hey you, not you, and not what is up doc, I am not rabbit!" Dr. Yuri ordered Harry who nodded slowly. "Good, I will be back, you however take shirt off and lie on exam table. If you are not in place as I ask, then you will find out just how dark temper can be!" Yuri warned and left the room. Harry paled and slowly took off his shirt, he glanced at the exam table which was covered in pink and blue teddy bears. The fact that it was almost long enough for him to lay down fully showed just how short he was. Folding the shirt he drew in a shuddering breath and sat on the table, he debated on whether he was actually going to lay down, but another wave of dizziness made his choice for him. He laid down a hand covering his eyes as he felt nausea follow the dizziness closely behind. The door opened again and he didn't even shift to see if it was the doctor.

"Good, you show you do have good hearing. Arm down." Yuri's voice drifted almost as if it was floating, which wasn't right Harry thought as he felt his body heat up even more. He didn't want to move a muscle he knew what was going to happen if he did. "Child arm!" Yuri barked.

"I can't!" Harry snapped. Yuri growled.

"Why can you not?"

"Because I think I am going to pass out." Harry replied without thinking, Yuri moved quickly then, standing at Harry's side as he moved Harry's arm for him. Then he took a light and held one of Harry's eyelids up as he flashed it in it then repeated the same for Harry's other eye.

"You are feeling something now, tell me." Yuri demanded. Harry moved to look away but Yuri held his head and began to feel around his neck. "Child, answer the question."

"Really dizzy, and feel like I am going to throw up again." Harry answered.

"Hmmm..." Yuri said and turned to the side then grabbed something out of Harry's line of vision and pulled Harry's ear up shoving something in it. A moment later it beeped. "Very high, fluids." Yuri said and walked back out of the room. Harry coughed and sat up slowly, this man was...odd, more so than Taki was. Harry groaned as the world turned upside down. He had no idea how long Yuri had been gone the next thing he did know was Yuri pulled out the extension of the exam table and was raising it so that he was sitting upright. Harry blinked and felt Yuri push a cup to his lips.

"Drink all." Yuri said sternly as he held the cup to Harry's lips and took one of Harry's wrists into his hand only to frown at the brace. His eyes raised questionably at Harry who shook his head drinking, the cup thankful that it was only water. "Hands. Why?" Yuri asked as he set the cup aside, Harry shrugged looking away and was surprised when the man didn't press the matter, instead he set two fingers at Harry's neck and glanced at his watch. After thirty seconds he removed his fingers. "Pulse very rapid. Dizziness?"

"Still here." Harry admitted closing his eyes, he gasped out when Yuri began pressing his hands on his stomach much like Snape had done on the ride there, though this time all he got was slight pain and nausea not the over bearing need to vomit. "Tender." Yuri grumbled and pushed around a little more before he raised his eyes to study Harry carefully, taking in every detail, the shadows around his eyes, the hallowed look he had when he actually opened his eyes and how extremely thin he was. "Do not move. Be back." He said shaking his head he left the room again. Harry moaned and wonder how much longer he would be stuck in the exam room. He just wanted to go somewhere quiet and sleep. He sighed and tired to get comfortable enough on the table, he would have much rather left it down so he could at least fall back asleep. Yuri walked back in and slipped a thimble like device on his finger and set what looked like a game boy at his side, then Yuri connected the two.

"Do not move. For any reason, door will be open. If you need to throw up you call someone understood?" he said staring deeply into Harry's eyes making sure that he got the point across. Harry nodded. "Verbal answer!" Yuri barked.

"Yes Dr. Yuri." Harry said sighing and jumped as the machine his finger was attached to beeped. Yuri smiled finally.

"It reads pulse; I need to monitor that very closely before I make any decisions." Yuri explained the placed one of his hands on Harry's forehead and looked deeply into his eyes again. "You have rough time?" he asked softly. Harry nodded slowly his eyes drooping.

"Yeah, kinda."

"No kind-of yes or no answer. Life make you feel you need this?" Yuri as touching one of the braces on Harry's wrists. "That is only escape of how you feel now? Not normal. You have no one to go to?" he asked.

"Well...not before." Harry shifted lowering his eyes so he didn't have to look him in the eye.

"Now you do." The statement wasn't a question it was a fact, Harry could tell just by the tone of voice that he used. "You come back, we discuss this." Yuri said thoughtfully touching the brace again before he lowered his hand from Harry's forehead. He walked to the door and paused studying Harry from it.

"What?" Harry asked uncomfortable with the stare.

"To young to have eyes like yours, to young to have so many scars. Hrmph." He ground out and left the room, the door as promised was wide open. A moment later he looked up to see Taki walking into the room.

"How you feeling kido?" He asked as he sat in one of the chairs in the exam room.

"Tired, I want to go back." Harry said almost saying the word ‘home' but he didn't have a clue exactly where home was anymore... He sighed and closed his eyes tightly as he felt the dizziness return with a vengeance.

"Harry?" Taki's voice echoed in his head. Harry moaned and felt his body slide down, shouts occurred and he heard the buzzing of several different voices. The table was lowered and he felt something sticky on his chest and arms, then his legs. He heard the voices arguing and a hand held his tightly while Taki's voice said his name over and over again. The voices became excited and the stickiness was removed from his body, chattering occurred until Yuri's voice boomed.

"Quiet! Out! Out!" he barked and the voices left. "You see if he respond to your voice." Harry heard movement and a hand was on his forehead.

"Harry, can you open your eyes for me?" Taki said softly Harry struggled to do so but he found he didn't have the energy to move much less make a sound.

"Potter! Eyes open!" Snape's voice rang out like a bell and his eyes popped open despite the lack of energy, Yuri was leaning over him again with the blasted light shining in his eyes.

"Follow light!" he barked even as he began to move it around, Harry did so and sighed in relief as he lowered it. "Good, what did you feel right before you pass out?"

"Really dizzy, worse than before." Harry said his eyes starting to close. A growled ‘Potter!' was all it took for him to force them back open.

"Good. Stop worrying Taki. It is bad case of flu and nothing more." Yuri said and Taki sighed in relief squeezing Harry's hand.

"What can we do?" He asked. Yuri frowned at Harry and shook his head.

"Normal would send child to hospital, but know this child would fight as well as him." He jerked a finger at Snape who snorted folding his arms in the doorway. "Will send him home with you, you provide address, will come tonight, hook in IV to make sure boy stays hydrated, very dangerous if doesn't. Several medications..." he trailed off and walked to the door pushing Snape in so he could shut the door. He sent them both a look. "No healing, no magic, no potions, no anything not normal! Will not help! It will only make worse, fever worse because of potion given."

Snape scowled at him but nodded. "I understand." Yuri nodded then took Harry's chin and looked deeply into his eyes.

"You will do every thing I ask you do. No arguing, no fighting. Or else Hospital you will go to despite what man says. Make myself clear?" He asked and Harry nodded slowly.

"Yes sir." He said weakly. Yuri nodded and patted his hand.

"Good, go get the stuff and then you can all go home." He said opening the door again motioning for Snape to follow him, obviously sensing that Snape was in charge of Harry's well being. Harry turned his head slowly to Taki.

"One question."

"Ask away." Taki said seriously.

"Where the hell did you dig him up, and why do I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to get rid of him?" he asked and rolled his eyes as Taki burst into laughter ruffling his hair.

"Don't worry about it. You'll get used to him." He said smiling as Harry closed his eyes again. "Get some sleep. Fon't worry about how you're getting home okay?"

"Yeah, sure... Remind me later to argue with you about this." He said his head rolling to the side and he sighed and fell asleep...

To be continued...
End Notes:
again REVIEW PLEASE! I like feedback on characters and plot and stuff!!
Dreaming Reality by Solitare
Author's Notes:
Sorry that this is such a short chapter. Hopefully you all will actually enjoy it not to sure how this is going to go over.

He opened his eyes and stared at the blue sky. Odd....he had thought that Snape and Takashi said they were taking him home per orders of that man...Yuri...he frowned and sat up. His body felt light and free...not as it had been since...well since he could remember. He stood with ease and looked at the endless sea of tall grass. It was peaceful here he thought, then he saw her, her red hair was flowing in the wind and she was walking towards him, to small to be much older than eleven but she was grinning at him. Her eyes were odd, one was hazel while the other a vibrant green.

"Who are you?" he asked and jumped as his voice echoed. She laughed it sounded like bells ringing, finally she stood before him beaming.

"You made it." she said as if she had been waiting. He blinked.

"But..." he looked around confused. She laughed again and he turned and watched her as she went up on her tippy toes.

"Trust me it's better that you're here than there right now. You wouldn't be happy." She said shaking her head. He was confused again.

"Huh?"

"Harry....this isn't real...well okay two things are...you and me." She explained touching his arm.

"Not real...then where..." he froze. "In my head..." he said groaning.

"Yup! I knew you'd figure it out." She said pleasantly.

"But then....why are YOU here." He pointed out. She circled him tapping her lips with a finger.

"That, Mr. Potter is a very good question...I guess the simplest explanation is we are on the same waves right now." She said stopping to shrug.

"Who are you?" he asked again. She laughed shaking her head.

"Is my name so important to you? Don't you want to know why it's better that you're here than awake?" she teased.

"Please." Harry begged.

"Kaslin is the name you can call me I'm afraid you might freak a bit if I told you my real name." She said softly. Harry sighed and sat back down looking glum.

"Please don't look like that Harry." Kaslin was instantly at his side touching his arm her eyes seemed to plead him to understand. Harry sighed.

"No one wants to tell me anything." He mumbled. Kaslin bit her lip and slid so she could lay her head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry...I promise to tell you the truth someday okay?" She said and reached over beginning to run her hand through his hair in a soothing manner, he let out another sigh but relaxed.

"Sorry it's just....Dumbeldore...and..." Harry said and was surprised when Kaslin raised her head and touched his lips with a finger.

"Say no more I understand. My name is really Kaslin, I just have a few other's okay?" she said and Harry gave her a weak smile.

"This is...really weird." He finally admitted. Kaslin let out another of her bell laughs.

"You have no idea."

"So why am I better off here than awake?" he asked.

"Because Dr. Yuri happens to be inserting an IV and giving a few other...unpleasant instructions to the two men your with." She said wincing.

"How do you know that?" Harry said his eyes narrowed.

"Hmm...best as I can say I am what stands between you and waking up to a nightmare. I don't think you want to hear his orders regarding bathrooms." She winced as Harry paled.

"Oh please Merlin don't let it be what I think it is." He begged her. She quickly pulled him into a hug. Despite being smaller, she did give him some comfort.

"You can stay here as long as you like." She whispered. Harry nodded, he was safe he didn't ever have to wake up...didn't have to see the disgust in Snape's face or the worry in Takashi's eyes. No one else had to die because of him.

"No one has died because of you. It was their time, you need to stop thinking everything is your fault. Share some blame!" she snapped angry at him. Harry stared at her.

"Excuse me?"

"People have died because of me too...your not the only one who suffers. We just...deal with it differently." She said. Harry turned her so she had to stare into his eyes.

"How do you deal with it?" he asked so softly she could barely hear him.

"...I'm here Harry...I will always be here...." She sighed closing her eyes as if in pain.

"Kaslin I'm sorry...was it something I said?" Harry asked in a small voice, Kaslin let out a deep breath and then placed a smile on her face hugging him.

"No it's not your fault, just sometimes we have to live with the choices we make...even if we wish it was just all some awful dream." She said her eyes beginning to cloud the sadness in the slowly vanishing,

"Yes but..." Harry tried to argue Kaslin laughed again though this time the bells in her voice were softer...sadder.

"You want to believe there's a chance that it can be all changed?" she asked. He nodded, she tilted her head to the side looking suddenly thoughtful.

"You would have to live, and have to try and get better. You are very sick Harry and I am not talking about your body, but in your mind. You would have to accept help when it's offered...no matter WHO offers it." she said folding her arms. "Are you willing to pay that price just so you have the power to change things?" Harry silently stood up and began to walk through the meadow deep in thought. Did he really want to go back? To the world where he was so sure Death waited at every corner to take anyone he got close to. He paced and stopped slowly turning to Kaslin who was still sitting in the grass watching him, her eyes had no judgment for him, nor did she show any help in his choice, she was leaving the decision entirely up to him.

"Can your choice be changed if I did this?" He asked his face becoming hard.

"I..." Kaslin began but frowned at him. "This can not be about me, you have to want it for yourself." She countered not answering him. Harry growled.

"Why wont you answer!" he shouted at her. She stared at him startled.

"Harry...you don't understand...you don't want my choice to change. Please understand this is all for the best!" she pleaded. Harry stormed to her pulling her to her feet.

"Why.Won't.You.Answer.Me!" he hissed, she looked away a hurt expression on her face.

"I did it for everyone, it isn't good...my choice helped....a lot of good people...I'm not...in a good place right now Harry. This is the best....for everyone." She looked down then gave him a smile. "It really isn't that bad."

Harry stared at her confusion in his eyes yet again. "I don't understand."

"Harry, I am not a nice person. I never was...well part of me that is...this is the purest part of me and the only way I could stop myself was this choice. I can't control my other part...I am not strong enough." She said almost to soft for him to hear then she raised her eyes. "Dr. Yuri is gone...it's just Takashi right now and he is getting really worried, you should wake up now... You can always come back if you want to."

"Kaslin!" Harry protested she shook her head tears in her eyes.

"Harry, trust me! You really would hate me if you knew everything...and I know it's selfish but I really don't want to go back to that. Please understand that." She begged him. Harry frowned at her but nodded slowly.

"If I come back here you will still be here right?" he asked. She nodded, whipping her eyes.

"I'll always be here. My choice, remember?" she offered him a timid smile.

"We will talk about this." Harry promised darkly then gave her a sheepish smile "um how do I er...wake up?" he asked. Kaslin smiled at him.

"All you had to do was ask Harry." She said her voice echoed and the world around him began to melt and he found himself letting out a loud shuddering breath.

"Harry?" Takaishi's voice had him opening his eyes, he turned his head and opened his mouth but all that came out was a squeak. Takashi quickly stood and helped Harry drink a glass of water. "Is that better?" Harry nodded watching him carefully, then he nodded he was awake.

"What?" he croaked knowing Takashi would understand what he was asking of him.

"Well...Yuri was here, as you can already figure out he put the IV in as discussed, and suggest when you have to relive yourself we carry you to the bathroom and back out once your finished." He explained Harry relaxed nodding, he wasn't thrilled about the IV but he could deal with it.

"He's awake I see." Snape sniffed but he walked over to stare down at Harry looking thoughtful...he knows...Harry thought panicking. He knows I wasn't really here and that somehow I was somewhere else. Kaslin, he thought. He would figure out who she was, and he would save her no matter what, even if she was Voldermort!

To be continued...
End Notes:
hopefully you enjoyed this. For whoever can guess who the girl in Harry's dream is, I will write an event of your choice, you choose what it is.
Mind Games by Solitare
Author's Notes:
Here we go, just so you all know Kreacher guessed who Kaslin is so her event will be in this chapter branching into the next! Please enjoy

Harry was sitting up and staring at the same page in the text book Snape had handed him, well not handed him, but rather shoved into his chest demanding that he study it when he was awake enough to do so. Harry sighed and set aside the book, he hadn't returned to the meadow yet, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to, Snape would give him these looks and whenever he did start to space out, to go there the potions master would say something to draw him back. It was as if Snape was desperately trying to fight to keep him sane.

 

Sane now that was a funny thought. Harry thought to himself as he ran a shaking hand threw his hair. He turned his eyes to stare at the IV, he hated it, the cord would always get in his way and it was rather embarrassing to have to be fed that way. But anytime he was given something solid he threw it back up. He groaned and flopped back on the bed closing his eyes.

 

"Bored Harry?" Takashi's voice asked from what Harry assumed from the door way.

 

"Merlin yes, I am so sick of being stuck in this bed!" he growled. Takashi laughed as he moved fully into the room and waited to speak until Harry opened his eyes and turned to look at him.

 

"Tough to not be able to run off and do as you please?" he asked. Harry groaned rolling his eyes, it was to be another one of the Healer's mind games again it seemed.

 

"Not in the manner your thinking." He stressed. Really he wasn't planning on harming himself...at least not until he could actually stand on his own.

 

"Care to explain then?" the older man asked as he pulled up a chair and braced his feet against the wall tilting the chair back to the point Harry was sure at some point the man would topple over. Harry rolled his eyes.

 

"I guess it's just that I am not used to having to stay in one place for to long." He answered though he silently added, one place that wasn't the cupboard. Takashi nodded and they sat in silence before he finally spoke up.

 

"How are you feeling?" he asked and Harry sighed closing his eyes again.

 

"Alright I guess, I still feel really weak but I'm not getting hot and cold anymore." He replied honestly, Takashi grinned pushing the chair down with an audible thunk.

 

"Well we still have a long way to go Harry, but I'm proud of you for telling me the truth." He said and stood taking the book out of Harry's hands and set it on the end table and held out a hand.

 

"Why don't you give me your glasses you should get some more sleep." He said Harry rolled his eyes again as he took off his glasses and handed them to him.

 

"All I seem to do is sleep." He whined as he laid down curling as best he could under the blankets.

 

"Well kiddo you are sick, and that's generally what people do when they are sick." Takashi's voice said as Harry drifted off to sleep...

 

He didn't know how much time had passed, but he could feel the warmth of the sun on is face and a soft wind blew across him leaving a hint of raspberry scent to it. Meadow was his immediate realization. He opened his eyes and sat up, looking around he saw that it was exactly as he remembered. Expect, he frowned turning in every direction.

 

"Kaslin?" He called out as he got to his feet, but he didn't see her. He shook his head then heard it the wind blowing what sounded like a wind chime he followed the sound down the meadow to a tall rod with the chimes  on the top near a small stream. But its bed lay Kaslin her face was now pale almost white and as he walked to her he saw a streak of black hair that curled into tight curls by her hair.

 

"Kaslin?" he asked unsure she shifted opening her eyes she blinked up at him.

 

"Harry?" She asked in a somewhat lost voice. Harry sat down beside her.

 

"Yeah?" he answered now that he knew, he had to try and break whatever choice it was that brought Kaslin into the dreamscape.

 

"I had the most awful dream, you hated me and couldn't forgive me for the things I've done." She said tears coming into her eyes Harry quickly shook his head.

 

"It was just a dream Kaslin, calm down, what happened to your hair?" he asked Kaslin blinked for a minute then sat up pulling the black hair in front of her eyes for a moment before she frowned.

 

"Oh...this...shouldn't you be resting Harry?" she asked changing the subject.

 

"Aren't I already doing that? And don't change the subject!" he protested. Kaslin shrugged.

 

"Harry resting means all of you is resting including your mind." She said tapping one of his temples Harry frowned at her.

 

"Your still not answering my question, what happened to your hair?" he pressed. Kaslin stood, staring off into the distance.

 

"Do you think that people can change even if they had led very awful lives. Do you think that they should get a second chance?" she asked suddenly. Harry stared at her.

 

"I don't honestly know I would say that they would have to forgive themselves first before anyone else could do the same." He answered and frowned, that came out like something Takashi would say.

 

"You're learning, a little bit at least." Kaslin said, when Harry turned towards her again her eyes were bright and energetic again.

 

"You know if you sleep you'll get better quicker." She pointed out Harry rolled his eyes.

 

"Alright, alright I get the point already." Harry said sighing but he stared down at her. Kaslin shook her head.

 

"I'm not going anywhere, now get going." She said and flicked his forehead, the world spun for a moment then went black...

 

 

.............................................................................................................

 

"Did he finally go under?" Severus asked as he sat beside Takashi.

 

"Entirely this time." He turned to stare at the man who sat beside him. "You could afford to be a little bit nicer to him you know." He pointed out. Severus snorted shaking his head.

 

"Wasn't it you who pointed out to him, that I shouldn't change how I act towards him that it would confuse him." Severus countered; Takashi sighed and frowned at him.

 

"You know what I meant when I said that, a little nicer isn't changing how you act." He said shaking his head at the man. Severus smirked.

 

"Well it isn't my problem really, Potter knows that I don't hate him, it doesn't need to be said otherwise." Severus said stiffly as he stared down at the teen.

 

"One of these days Severus something you say is going to set Harry off and he'll run. What do you plan on doing if that happens?" he questioned. Severus frowned at him.

 

"Potter wouldn't make it past the front door without me noticing." He stated, Takashi laughed as he stood, knowing that Severus was there to take over and keep an eye on Harry.

 

"Severus, you have no idea how sneaky teenagers can be, you haven't had to live with one in such close quarters." Takashi said as he headed to the doorway.

 

"Well if you know them so well it's a good thing you're here to help make sure that doesn't happen." Severus said gruffly. Takashi shook his head again.

 

"I have a feeling when that boy puts his mind to it, there will be no stopping him. Goodnight Severus." He said and left the room, leaving the potions master in deep thought.

 

Several days later and Harry was celebrating, in his eyes he had his freedom back. Dr. Yuri had removed the IV and while his stomach was still unsettled, he was able to eat on his own again, Snape and Takashi even allowed him to be alone for some of the time in his room. He frowned as he ate sandwich thinking on what he knew of Kaslin so far. She had done bad things, meaning the reactions she had so far hinted she might have been a Death Eater at some point, the reason why he thought death eater, was it just seemed to fit.

 

"Potter, get dressed." Snape barked from the door way. Harry blinked and stared at him.

 

"What?"

 

"Get dressed, for some stupid reason, Takashi wants to go for a drive, to where even I don't know." He sneered with distaste at the idea. "He said that Yuri believes you need fresh air, being cooped up for long periods of time isn't healthy." He added in a gruff voice, Harry snickered he had a feeling that Yuri had lectured Snape for doing that.

 

"Alright, are you going to leave the room so I can?" he asked, Snape snorted.

 

"Can you do so without falling flat on your face Potter?" He asked. Harry glared.

 

"I haven't fallen at all!"

 

"You haven't really been out of bed Potter. Get dressed, and call if you find yourself needing help." He said in a lighter tone as he left the room. Harry rolled his eyes and slowly stood going and getting clean clothes, he was annoyed to find that he was slightly dizzy. Quickly he finished and walked out of the room he glanced around finding Snape's and Takashi's rooms already empty.

 

"Come along Potter." Snape said a few feet away, sighing Harry followed him out to the same car Snape had dragged him to see Yuri in, Takashi was behind the wheel already. Sliding into the back while Snape took the front Harry raised an eyebrow at the over enthusiastic Dunbledore.

 

"Where are we going?" He asked as Snape snorted, the professor must have asked the same question and not gotten an answer. Takashi began to drive before he answered his grin showing in the mirror.

 

"To the sea!" he said laughing.

 

"WHAT!" Snape shouted in total shock...

To be continued...
Note from the author by Solitare
To those who still read this fic, I am d/c this VERSION as in after yes over a year almost 2 I find it is not going where and how it needs to flow, the story line will remain the same (with a few tweaks)  as will several of the characters however there will be quite a few new OC's that shall be introduced. Suffice to say our young hero is going to find himself out numbered and with new friends from unexpected places. I hope that you will choose to read the new version once it is up, and I hope that I write it well enough for you to enjoy.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1424