Love Conquers All by Trying_2B_in_Lov3
Summary: What if instead of being cornered by Voldemort, Lily used an ancient spell which transported her and Harry to a safe place? What if this was the last thing she did? And what does Severus Snape have to do with all of this?
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, James, Lily, Lucius, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 3313 Read: 8167 Published: 06 Jan 2008 Updated: 01 Jul 2008
Story Notes:

Thank you for taking the time to read my story! I hope you enjoy. Feel free to review and tell me what you think.

In the Beginning by Trying_2B_in_Lov3

"Lily, take Harry and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hold him off-"

Lily Potter took off and sprinted to her son's nursery. She never looked back, even when she heard the telltale crashing that signaled her husband's death.

"Lily Potter... You can't hide from me now."

She was chanting something under her breath.

"There's no one to protect you, give it up."

A light was growing around her and her son. It was glowing brighter and brighter, enveloping the inhabitance of the Potter household, and with a soft POP!, the remaining Potters were gone.

"Nooooo-!" Lord Voldemort exclaimed, as he was defeated.

Miles away, a woman with red hair cried to her son.

"You'll be safe here, Harry, with your father. I love you, you know, James and I both."

A green-eyed baby blinked at his mother curiously, tears welling up in his eyes from how obviously upset the woman was.

Lily dropped a letter on her son, whispering what might have been the words "Amor vincit omnia".

And before the occupant of the household was aware of their guests, Lily Potter knew no more.


Severus Snape was worried. The alarm bells were ringing in his too-paranoid brain. This time, though, he knew something was very wrong.

It all started when...

His forearm burned and he left before his brain could make sense of what it meant.

He was at the Dark Lord's side in a flash, along with many other summoned allies. Severus instantly saw that favor wasn't on his side tonight. The Dark Lord was in a wonderful mood. That didn't bode well for any parties involved.

"Tonight, my friends, we shall destroy the one enemy that has the potential to work against us. He shall be dead, along with all the other mudblood-loving fools that associate themselves with this-this- SAVIOR!" the last word was spat out mockingly and all the Death Eaters laughed accordingly.

One man, however, kept silent. The dark-haired man was confused (as were many others who didn't show it, no doubt). He was not privy to the Dark Lord's secrets, as he was far from being in the Inner Circle. Therefore, he had to make his own guesses and assumptions as to whom the powerful man was speaking of. The conclusion he came to was not promising.

"I have called you all to tell you that tomorrow, we shall celebrate the death of this nemesis, and then we shall move on to defeat all the muggles and mudbloods who dare contaminate our pureblooded wizarding society!"

The Death Eaters were dismissed amongst cheers and contemptuous laughter for the world that would soon be theirs.

Severus walked away dazedly, his fuzzy brain trying not to show his alarm.

"Severus, my boy, hold up for a minute," Lucius Malfoy called while sauntering towards the panic-stricken twenty-one-year-old.

"What is it, Lucius, I'm kind of in a hurry," the dark-haired man said snarkily, the white mask hiding his anxiousness.

"I just wanted to chat, you know, catch up on old times. You know this thing that the Dark Lord is acting on tonight?"

"Yes..." Severus said in a tone that showed that he couldn't care less what the man was saying.

Lucius glanced around as if to check if anyone was near by (the place was deserted by then). He leaned in and whispered, "Well, I'm in the Dark Lord's Inner Circle now, because I delivered the information through which this threat shall be disposed."

"And what information is that?" he asked in a bored drawl.

"Well, there is a certain prophecy..."

The tale that followed put Severus into a state of panic and shock.

When his brain stopped going through all the events of the evening, he came to awareness when Malfoy called his name.

"Severus... Severus Snape! Are you even listening to me?" the blonde man demanded.

"I-I-I'm sorry, I have to go!" Severus left at a run, leaving a confused man behind.


The scene he arrives at is devastating. The beautiful house that was once belonged to his family was destroyed. Everything was in ruins.

Severus dropped to the ground, feeling as if his very world had been ripped our from under him.

He dug through the rubble, searching futilely for any sign of life, any sign that his love and son were alive and well. In his heart, he knew it was not so.

He tears through the wreck madly now, his last hopes dwindling away. The depressed man sinks to the ground and cries.

After sitting on the ground for what felt like hours, he apparates home, hoping to drown in alcohol and fire-call his mentor.


When he arrives outside the gates to his family home, Snape Manor, he can tell that the wards have been broken. To exhausted to check the disturbance, Severus walks up to the front porch and hears the words "Amor vincit omnia", but he is too distracted by what he sees to think much on it.

"LILY! Oh, Merlin," the man chokes out.

"H-H-Harry! My son," he sobs.

He suddenly hears a distressed cry that is not his own.

"M-Mum," the child wails.

Severus is surprised and nearly faints from shock when he sees those blessed green eyes of his son open up.

"Harry, Merlin, Harry you're alive!" Severus exclaims while picking the child and holding him close.

"Da?" the boy questions curiously.

"Yes, Harry its me, I'm so thankful you're alive!"

The two sit there together for what seems like days, staring at the dead body of their lost love and mother.

The older man looks down and sees his baby sleeping peacefully and comes to his senses.

"What am I going to do without you, Lily?" moaned the fearful man, distressed.

Then he suddenly remembered her last words.

"Amor vincit omnia," he whispered, "Love conquers all."

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1471