Changes by SilverWolf7
Summary: Harry finds out that Snape is his father, and also a vampire! Or, at least half of one. He slowly begins to change from the Harry everyone knows in to the son of Severus.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Ginny, Hermione, Petunia, Ron, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Vampire!Snape, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Torture
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: Yes Word count: 37514 Read: 246512 Published: 29 Jan 2005 Updated: 28 Mar 2007
Chapter 10 by SilverWolf7

Walking out of the Potions Class, Dean close by, Harry once again felt the burning rage he had felt for Snape that he had felt when the man had been announced as his father. He started to blindly walk in the direction of the Hospital Wing.

Taking his hands away from his mouth, he curled them into fists by his sides and stopped his walking, feeling the other boy crash into him. "Hey! What was that for?" Dean asked.

"I hate him. I really do. I'm never going to forgive him for this." Harry replied, clenching his jaw and cutting his bottom lip on his extremely sharp fangs. He let out a growl. "What the hell is going on? Why didn't he tell me?"

Dean looked worriedly over his shoulder to make sure nobody was near. Seeing and hearing nothing, he spied a classroom not in use and dragged Harry into it and closed and locked the door behind them. "Please try to calm down."

"Calm down? Hah! I have had nothing but lies thrown at me for what feels like my whole life. First my aunt and uncle tell me my parents died in a car crash and kept it from me that I was a wizard. I lived for 11 years in a cupboard for something I didn't even know I was."

"A cupboard?!" Dean asked.

"Shut up! Yes a cupboard. Under the stairs. Then I find out I am a wizard and find out the truth about my parents. Then I come here. I'm famous for something I didn't even know about and I don't like it. Hagrid told me about Voldemort and how I survived.

Then in my third year I find out that all this time I had a God uncle, but it is a bit hard to stay with him when he is on the run. Everybody was trying to keep me safe from a person who wanted nothing but to take me in and give me a proper home.

Then last year, the last task for the tournament, I realized that the reason why all this stuff has happened is because whoever gets close to me gets hurt. Cedric died and everybody blamed me.

Then to top it all off, I'm taken here during the holidays and was told that even the person I thought was my father isn't. That my mum decided 'Hey, I think I will go sleep with the first person to come by because I'm lonely' and I am conceived. Oh and then we can't forget the part that I am going to slowly turn into a vampire, I think I left that bit out."

Breathing heavily, Harry realized that after his little rant, he felt better. He didn't know he had needed to get that all out so desperately. He suddenly realized that Dean was looking at him strangely. He blushed and looked at the floor, embarrassed. "Sorry." He apologized.

Dean shook his head. "It's ok. I just didn't think you would have had such a hard time. Everybody thinks you live this life of luxury, even if you are staying with Muggles."

Harry snorted in disgust. "Yeah, well you are about the only one who has ever heard about half of that stuff. Some of it I haven't even told Ron and Hermione. I have a habit of bottling everything up inside."

Dean nodded. He walked over to Harry and laid a hand on his shoulder. "You shouldn't do that. Especially not now. You should tell your friends. The last thing you need is to get angry. The vampire has a habit of surfacing if pushed. I'm guessing that you weren't expecting what happened were you."

Harry was almost about to ask what Dean meant by that. Then he realized that, now that he had ranted and let his feelings out, the fangs he had felt in his mouth had gone. Touching his teeth, he shook his head, no. Then something dawned on him.

"Um, Dean you're Muggleborn, aren't you?" When he saw Dean nod, he asked, "how did your parents take the news that you were a vampire?"

Dean laughed. "Even Muggles know about vampires, except to them we are just myth. My mum and dad couldn't believe it when I went inside from playing in the backyard and had fangs. Fortunately for me, the one who bit me stuck close and taught me everything I needed to learn. She became friends with the whole family."

"How many people here at Hogwarts know what you are?" Harry asked.

"Just Seamus and Professor Snape. I was changed when I was only a little boy. I didn't need my own room. Snape told me about you, but made me not tell you. For a person who has hated you for four years, he seems rather attached to you now."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well when he finds out that he is a father, he went all nuts. You know, he can be really nice when he wants to be but I still hate him for what he did."

Dean nodded, looked Harry up and down, then unlocked the door and opened it looking for any sign of people. "Well, you should go up to the dorms. Don't bother with going to the Hospital wing. I need to get back to class."

Harry nodded. Watching as Dean disappeared out the door. A second later the other boys head stuck around the door. "If you ever need to rant, I'll listen. Remember that."

Nodding again, Dean disappeared for good and Harry went up to his Dorm and bed. Lying down, he realized he was exhausted from all the yelling he had done. Soon he was asleep.

Well at least he had found out who the other Gryffindor vampire was. He was glad it was somebody his own age. Someone who will understand him and his new problems.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=148