Changes by SilverWolf7
Summary: Harry finds out that Snape is his father, and also a vampire! Or, at least half of one. He slowly begins to change from the Harry everyone knows in to the son of Severus.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Ginny, Hermione, Petunia, Ron, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Vampire!Snape, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Torture
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: Yes Word count: 37514 Read: 246642 Published: 29 Jan 2005 Updated: 28 Mar 2007
Chapter 16 by SilverWolf7
Author's Notes:

** Anything written between these is Parseltongue.**

The next week passed all too quickly. Harry was constantly in his room, though that was more Severus' fault than anything. Ron and Hermione came and visited him whenever they got the chance, but were only allowed in the room with him when either his father or Dean was there as well.

Thus, he had been building control and now didn't feel the urge to attack anybody on sight, thankfully. Still, he was a bit put off when Ron and Hermione were first let in and he could smell fear mixed with their concern.

Dumbledore was unable to stop the news spreading about Harry being a vampire, but thankfully the news that Snape was Harry's father hadn't gotten out. Severus had been lucky enough to smuggle Harry out to Hagrid for visits too. Although this was mainly for the chickens that Hagrid was keeping for Harry, until he learnt how to hunt the forest animals for himself.

Now, he was finally out of his room and wondering the halls of Hogwarts in the safety of his invisibility cloak. If Severus got wind of this, Harry knew he would be in big trouble. Still, he managed to make it to the Gryffindor common room. He had told Hermione he would meet her and Ron here at her last visit.

Knocking softly on the Fat Lady's portrait, careful not to wake her, he sighed in relief when the portrait opened and Hermione poked her head out and let Harry in. Taking off the invisibility cloak, he moved in and hugged Hermione. "Where's Ron?" He asked, when he couldn't see his redheaded friend anywhere.

"He's still in the Hospital Wing. Seems that he caught something nasty on the last Hogsmeade trip. Still Madam Pomfrey as usual already has him fit again, but wants to wait for morning before letting him loose."

With that both laughed. Harry knew that Madam Pomfrey was very strict with her patients even though there was nothing that had happened to Harry, physically, that she couldn't fix. Settling down into a pair of lounge chairs, he and Hermione started a game of wizard chess. Something of which Harry had become quite the Master at with all his spare time while not studying.

After a few games, he knew he should leave when he saw Hermione growing tired. He chuckled. "Why don't you go to bed? I'm quite sure I can make it to my room before dear Severus swoops down on me." He rolled his eyes and smiled. Hermione smiled back, got up, bid him good night and went up to the Girls' Fifth year dormitory.

Snuggling down into the chair he was sitting in, he was content watching the fire crackling away in the fireplace. Soon he had slipped to sleep, comfortable and near friends. 

The dream was unexpected and frightening. Although, he immediately knew it was more than just a dream.

There in front of him was the broken and torn form of his father, lying on the floor in front of Lord Voldemort. The Dark wizard had just found out that Severus was a spy and was teaching him 'a lesson he will wish to forget'.

As he watched, the Cruciatus Curse was aimed at the man on the floor. Horrified, Harry watched as Severus screamed from the pain of the Unforgivable he was under. It was the worse thing in one of these 'dreams' he had ever seen.

When the Curse was finally lifted, Severus was in too much agony to get up again. Voldemort loomed over the man, a scary looking smile on his face. The voice that came next froze Harry's blood.

"Go back to that school and do not tell them about this. If you do, the next Curse to be flung your way, you won't be able to bounce back from. Even your kind can die from the Killing Curse."

Harry watched as, broken and bruised as he was, Severus got shakily to his feet and Apparated away from the spot he was at.

Harry woke up quickly, breathing hard and scared for his father. Quickly disentangling himself from the blanket he was under, he was aware that he was suddenly being stared at. Looking wildly around himself and then back to the blanket, he realized that he had fallen asleep in the chair by the fire.

Gasping, he quickly got up to his feet and ran to the portrait to go to the dungeons. He needed to see if his father was all right. He was stopped by a worried Hermione with a rather angry Dean.

"What do you think you are doing here?" Dean asked, anger clearly burning in his eyes.

"Can't talk right now. Gotta go see if Snape's all right." Harry was still calling his father Snape around students other than Ron and Hermione. He again went for the portrait to get out, but was stopped by Hermione.

"What happened Harry? You're scaring everyone."

"I know that! I can't help it. I fell asleep in front of the fire. I had one of my 'dreams', Hermione. I've got to go."

Hermione's eyes widened. "Go see Dumbledore. He is the one you should go to."

Harry shook his head. "I can't. You don't understand. I can't tell anybody. He will be killed for it. You gotta trust me. Please let me go." The last was said in a whiny sort of voice that immediately made Hermione let go and move to stop Dean from coming at him again.

Not being stopped this time, Harry made it out to the halls and ran as fast as he could to the Dungeons. Although he had never been to his father's rooms before, everyone knew where they were. Quickly opening the door, he was scared to find unlocked, he madly dashed around in a wild search to see if he could spot Severus.

Not seeing him anywhere in his rooms, Harry felt what hope he had fall away. He made his way back to his own room, carelessly leaving the door unlocked but not caring.

Arien was waiting for him, angry that his Human had run off on him.

**Where have you been? I have had visitors throughout the night. One being your father** Arien hissed angrily.

**Sorry. I fell asleep at the Gryffindor Common Room. When did you see my father? I need to know where he is**

**Not long ago. The vampire could hardly walk and collapsed, but was able to reach the Headmaster before blacking out. They took him to the Hospital Wing**

Harry looked down at the snake in front of him, thinking. **Was the Headmaster in here?** He asked and was surprised to see Arien nod his head. **Do you want to come with me? I'm going to the Hospital Wing** Again Arien nodded and slithered his way around Harry's neck, letting most of his coils, fall near to the boy's heart in a comforting gesture.

Running all the way back to the Infirmary took little time and Harry wondered if super-human speed was one of the vampire traits he had just picked up on, or if it was pure adrenalin.

When he opened the door, he was quiet enough to sneak over to the only occupied bed. Ron had been sent back to the Common Room, as he wasn't here. Looking at the dark figure on the bed, Harry crumpled into the seat next to the bed and stared.

Arien hissed something to him, but Harry never caught what. Lying on the bed, worse than he had ever seen on any victim of Voldemort, was Severus. The only thought that Harry had, before he was sent back out again by an irate Pomfrey was thank Merlin he is Unconscious.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=148