Changes by SilverWolf7
Summary: Harry finds out that Snape is his father, and also a vampire! Or, at least half of one. He slowly begins to change from the Harry everyone knows in to the son of Severus.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Ginny, Hermione, Petunia, Ron, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Vampire!Snape, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Torture
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: Yes Word count: 37514 Read: 246517 Published: 29 Jan 2005 Updated: 28 Mar 2007
Chapter 19 by SilverWolf7

Halloween was finally here and was the one day Harry was actually allowed to go around with his fangs exposed. This did two things: made people realize that he was, indeed, a vampire and that he could get away with a whole lot more.

He was told that he was allowed out into the Forbidden Forest! He had grinned all day so far at hearing that, although he had to stick close to either Severus or Dean when he did go out. His dad was adamant about teaching him how to hunt.

His classes had started that Monday, three days earlier. Amazingly, he wasn't as behind as he thought he would be. The other students were also glad that he wasn't now a whiz at Potions. Apparently they had all been afraid that he had been getting tutoring in the lesson. He had laughed hysterically at that.

Harry was now in his Defense Against the Dark Arts class where Professor Fletcher was teaching. It was a pushover of a class as it was Halloween and Fletcher was telling everybody interesting facts about vampires and their abilities. It was very helpful to the fledgling vampire currently sitting by his two best friends.

When the class was dismissed, he was talking animatedly to Ron about all of that lesson he had learnt. Not watching where he was going, he tripped over a loose stone on the floor. Falling heavily to the floor, he looked back to the stone and saw that it had moved. Looking closely, he saw that it wasn't a stone at all, but a loose tortoise.

"Uh, Ron, any idea of why a tortoise is in front of the Defense classroom?" he asked, rubbing at his ankle which had started to throb. When he saw his redheaded friend shake his head, no.

"No idea. Though I think McGonagall wants it back." Ron replied, pointing down the hall where their Head of House was frantically looking for something. Harry chuckled and picked the slow animal up.

"Professor, looking for this?" he asked, holding up the creature that was frantically trying to get out of his grasp. McGonagall nodded, grabbed the tortoise and briskly walked away without saying a word.

"Well, that was rude wasn't it." Ron said under his breath. Shaking their heads, Harry and Ron slowly made their way down to the Great Hall for lunch. Harry hated coming down here as the smell of so much food made him nauseous. The Great Hall was in its usual state and he briefly wondered what it would look like tonight at the Annual Halloween Feast.

His happy mood stayed with him as he saw Hedwig fly into the Hall with a letter in her beak. Smiling at the bird, he gave her some food and a little water before she took off to go rest in the Owlery for the time being. Opening the letter, he widened his smile and showed Ron and Hermione.

Harry,

Snuffles and I have come for a little visit for Halloween. Expect us around the time you reach this owl. Hope we find you well.

Remus and Snuffles.

"Oh wow! This is great," Hermione squealed. Looking around her, she couldn't spot the two said people, or in this case the werewolf and dog.

"Lupin's coming back? Now? That really is great. And he's bringing Snuffles." Ron replied. Then with a chuckle he added, "Better look out for Snape. You know how much he hates them two."

With this, the grin on his face faded to a frown. "They don't know. How am I going to tell them? What am I supposed to say?"

Hermione clicked her tongue. "You could try the truth Harry. I mean, I'm sure that Professor Lupin would understand, though I would watch Snuffles like a hawk when he finds out."

Banging his head against the table and leaving it there, Harry groaned. Ron patted him on the shoulder in a comforting way before leaning down to look Harry in the eyes. Before Ron could say whatever he was about to, the door to the Great Hall opened and the great big dog that was Snuffles came bounding in, followed closely by Remus.

Regardless of Lupin trying to stop the dog, Snuffles ran straight to Harry, planted himself on the floor next to him and began to slobber all over his face and hands. By the time Remus made his way to the table, a smile on his face, Harry was covered in dog slobber.

"Snuffles, that is disgusting." Hermione scolded, hitting the dog playfully on his flank. Looking at her, it repeated the action on her, before moving over to Ron. In next to no time, all three students were in a major need for a bath.

Remus looked at them sheepishly. "Don't mind him, he is excited to see you three." Looking closely at them, his eyes roamed over them carefully and came to a stop on Harry. After a short staring contest, the werewolf shrugged, leaned in close and hugged Harry close.

"So how are you three doing anyway? You alright Harry?" Remus asked, carefully checking over the boy. He immediately took in the fangs and knew they weren't fake. He could feel the vampire looming just under the surface.

"Great." All three answered, grinning again. "How are you Professor?" Hermione asked, always concerned for anyone who had ever taught her. More so for Lupin.

"Ok. A little tired, but that is because it is so close to the full moon. Thank Merlin that nightmare is over for this month." The werewolf said with a small shudder. Snuffles whined and nudged his best friend with his nose. This got Remus chuckling. "I see that a lot has changed for you, Harry."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Yeah. Tell me again why I have to deal with this. I never wanted it, though it wasn't actually forced on me either. Guess that's what happens when your dad isn't." Harry stopped that train of thought when Snuffles growled low and deep in his throat.

Remus again stared at Harry. "What did you mean by that?" He asked.

"Um, I think now might be the time to move this somewhere a little more...private," Ron said, distracting enough for all eyes to turn towards him. "I mean it is a private matter. Isn't it?" The last was said in a confused voice.

Hermione nodded. "Good idea. Though I think that there is one more to add to the group before any more is said." With this, all three fifteen year olds looked up to the Teacher's Table and looked directly at Snape. Snuffles growled again and before anybody could stop him, the dog was running to the table.

Putting his front paws on the table right in front of Snape, he looked straight into the other man's eyes and growled. Severus just stared right back into the eyes of the dog he knew now as Sirius.

Huffing, the dog pointedly looked at Harry, back to Severus and got his paws off the table. Severus blinked. "You want me to follow you?" He asked. With that said, the dog nodded its black head and loped back off to the table.

Shrugging, Severus got up and did what the flea-bitten mongrel wanted him to do. Moving closer, he saw Harry, Remus, Ron and Hermione get up and make their way to the doors, Snuffles close on their heels. Following them out, he was just in time to catch the group wandering into a vacant classroom.

Following them in, he scowled. "What?" He asked as the door closed behind him. Remus lifted his wand and performed a Silencing Spell around the room so anybody eavesdropping wouldn't be able to hear anything. After this, Sirius immediately was back in his human body and gave Harry a giant hug.

"Harry wants to tell them." Ron blurted out. Covering his mouth with his hand, he immediately removed it again as he remembered the dog licking him.

Severus looked at the youngest male Weasley closely. "About what? I'm pretty sure both already know the boy is a vampire. Everybody knows that."

"Um, about his dad. He wants to tell them." Hermione stated, clearing up that matter, but turning Snape's angry scowl onto herself.

Severus was more scowling to himself than at Miss Granger though and quickly turned his gaze to Harry. "Well? Are you going to tell them Harry or are we going to stand around here all day?" He asked, not as hard as the others expected.

When Harry just stood staring at his Godfather, they all realized this was going to take more time than they originally thought. Hermione and Ron moved to a few seats and arranged them in a circle so they could all sit down.

Remus was the only one to thank them for doing so and sat down on Harry's left, while Sirius sat at the boy's right side. The other three sat in the seats closest to them. When everyone was as comfortable as possible, the awkward silence was even more so.

"So, what were you going to tell us Harry?" Remus asked gently, trying to coax the answer out of the boy.

Harry squirmed in his seat, suddenly wishing he was anywhere but in a classroom with a werewolf, a Godfather he knew would go into a fit the second he heard the news, two worried friends and the vampire he knew as his father.

"Um. where did I get up to in the Great Hall?" He asked, knowing full well he was stalling for time.

"You had just said something about your father not being something." Sirius said, knowing if he were Snuffles he would have growled after the short sentence. He didn't like anybody accusing his best friend of anything, especially since James was dead now.

"Um, yeah, well, I meant to say that my father wasn't James." He announced, looking quickly to the floor.

Remus and Sirius just stared at the boy. "Then who is?" Asked Sirius.

Not knowing how to put it into words, he raised his head and stared at Severus. Sooner than later, the two remaining Marauders turned at the same time to look at the man they had not liked since school days.

Sirius, true to everyone's thoughts launched himself towards Severus, but was stopped by Harry who was stronger than his Godfather. Remus just sat in shock staring at Severus and Harry in turns.

---------------------------------------

By the time Sirius was settled down enough not to attack Severus openly, it was almost time for the feast. Ron and Hermione, on Remus' orders were to stick close to Snuffles whenever he was near Severus. Sirius was once again the big, black dog and having thoughts of sinking every one of his sharp canine teeth into Snape. Harry was standing between Snuffles and Severus, trying in his own way to keep the two apart.

Remus walked in front of the group, making sure that the students seeing the strange behaviour of the dog and their Potions Master were given a plausible excuse for them acting the way they were.

By the time Harry had sat down at his seat and Severus went back to the Teachers table, Sirius had calmed down a bit, but that was because he was tired, more than the fact that he wasn't mad at the slimy git that was Snape.

Lying at Harry's feet, the dog soon fell asleep. Harry laughed at the weight on his feet. Remus had joined them at the Gryffindor table, telling everybody that would listen about some of the adventures he had had when he was a student at Hogwarts himself.

All in all it was a brilliant night and everybody had a great time. Even Severus got up and talked for a while about any of the good times he could remember. Obviously, that had not been at the Gryffindor table, but in private with the small group, with the exception of Sirius, who was busy exploring the castle as Snuffles.

They were all extremely glad that classes on Friday were cancelled.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=148