Changes by SilverWolf7
Summary: Harry finds out that Snape is his father, and also a vampire! Or, at least half of one. He slowly begins to change from the Harry everyone knows in to the son of Severus.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Ginny, Hermione, Petunia, Ron, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Vampire!Snape, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Torture
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: Yes Word count: 37514 Read: 246533 Published: 29 Jan 2005 Updated: 28 Mar 2007
Chapter 23 by SilverWolf7

Harry jumped, fell, and missed his target. Seeing the small creature run as fast as it could away, he let out a low growl of frustration. He would never get the hang of this, not even when his father was nearby. Slamming his fists into the thick earth around him, he slowly picked himself back up.

He was about to start off again when he heard a rustle in the bushes next to him. He gave up when he saw Severus come out into the open, his teeth buried in the flesh of one of the many rabbits running around. He recognized it as his rabbit. His eyes lowered with anger as he realized that Severus had been waiting for him to fail and had hidden to catch himself an easy meal.

"That's mine!" He growled out, his anger flaring even more at the small smile that played around his father's lips at that. Running up to the other man, he grabbed onto the rabbit and pulled it out of Severus' hands and mouth. Throwing it to the ground, he stormed off deeper into the woods.

He was only allowed out once a day now, so he had to feed as much to hold him for the whole day to wait for the night. Unfortunately, by that time, he is too hungry to concentrate. He wondered if the professors knew or understood that.

He had just spotted a rather large animal that he didn't recognize. Before he could start to go after it, hands wrapped themselves around his waist and stopped him. "Poisonous." A voice whispered in his ear.

Growling out his frustration, he watched as whatever it was scared off by the noise he was making. "Let go of me!" He shouted. Wriggling as much as possible, he was then unceremoniously dumped on the ground.

"What is wrong with you lately, Harry?" Severus asked, just out of reach of his son.

"I. Am. Hungry." He sounded each word out as a new sentence. He needed to get his point across.

Severus frowned. Looking about the clearing he found them in, he realized that in the whole time that Harry was allowed out once a night he had not been able to catch anything. "Do you need help?" he asked, slightly taken aback when Harry whirled on him with an angry scowl.

"I can damn well do this myself, thank you! I don't need your help. Leave me alone."

"Harry, you will hurt...”

"Shut up! I can control this now. I just need to learn how to do this properly and I am not going to accomplish that with you holding my hand."

"You're out of control. I'm taking you back to the castle. I will try to change the rules for you. We will stop by Hagrid's first."

"I am not going to be fed again! All I want is to be able to hunt properly." Harry yelled out angrily.

"I know! Obviously once a night is not enough. You cannot concentrate and botch up any attempts made at hunting for yourself."

"You blame this on my inability to do anything right? Hah! How like you Professor." The way Harry stated that last word made Severus flinch.

"I do not blame you for this. Shut up and listen to me." Severus shouted, just as angry as his son now. He knew that last sentence escaped his mouth before he could think. He grabbed the boy's shoulders and shook him.

A horrified look came over Harry's face. He squirmed out of Severus' grip, fell to the ground and ran back to the castle, tears started to fall half way back. By the time he got to the Gryffindor dorm room, he was out of breath, but didn't care. He flung himself onto his bed, before starting to sob loudly. His own father didn't like him, thought he was useless. Just like the Dursley's thought.

He knew at one point Arien snuggled up to him in his own snaky way of comfort. Harry was too upset from his first real fight with Severus to speak to the snake however. When Ron joined him, he could get out words though.

"You alright?" Ron asked, coming to sit on Harry's bed and putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Harry shook his head, no before sputtering out "He hates me." Calming down slightly, he started to lightly scratch Arien on the head, on a spot he knew the snake liked to be scratched. If a snake could purr like a cat, he knew Arien would be louder than the Hogwarts Express. This little action made Harry smile.

Wiping his eyes, he sat up on his bed a look of utter embarrassment on his face. Especially when he noticed Ginny standing near the doorway into the Dorm. He smiled sheepishly at her and she smiled back, oblivious to the fangs that were visible in his mouth.

With that, his stomach growled at him and he growled back at it. He realized that he had not gone to Hagrid's, but ran straight up here. He was beginning to feel the same burning sensation he had when he had first felt his hunger for blood. It hadn't been this bad since that night.

Quickly getting up he apologized to the two youngest Weasley children and fled. He didn't want anybody to see him in this state, but when he thought about it, the one he truly didn't want to see him at the moment was Ginny. Harry was just realizing that he had feelings for the redheaded girl. What those feelings were, he wasn't too sure, but at the moment they ran along the lines of Dinner.

He made it to his private rooms without bumping into anyone of which he was really grateful for. As soon as he got in his rooms, he noticed the fact that there were three chickens stunned on his bedside table.

Sighing in both relief and a bit of shame, he fed then went to bed. His dreams were unusual ones. When he woke up, he forgot all about them. Yet somehow he knew they were important.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=148