Changes by SilverWolf7
Summary: Harry finds out that Snape is his father, and also a vampire! Or, at least half of one. He slowly begins to change from the Harry everyone knows in to the son of Severus.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Ginny, Hermione, Petunia, Ron, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Vampire!Snape, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Torture
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: Yes Word count: 37514 Read: 246642 Published: 29 Jan 2005 Updated: 28 Mar 2007
Chapter 25 by SilverWolf7

Severus quickly rushed to the Headmaster's office, worry showing plainly on his face. As soon as he entered and saw Harry passed out on the couch, he was immediately at his son's side. Slowly looking the boy over, he realized nothing was physically wrong with him and he let out a sigh of relief.

"What happened?" Severus asked the Headmaster, holding Harry close to him. All of a sudden their fights were all forgotten. Looking closer, Severus noted faint, almost non-existent, bruises on his face.

"He had a dream. His dreams of Voldemort are usually more true than not most of the time, and this one I believe was one of his vision dreams. Sybill is dead."

"Trelawney?! Why? Sure she wasn't my favourite person in the world, but what did she do to attract Voldemort's attention enough to get killed?"

All Dumbledore did was shrug. Neither adult would ever know the answer to that question now, and they both doubted that Harry would know. Both wizards frowned, or at least Dumbledore did, Severus gave his customary scowl at the latest murder.

Severus was soon looking back down as he felt Harry stir in his arms. As he watched those green eyes open and slowly focus on his face, he was pleased when he felt arms encircle him even as he felt Harry bury his head into his shoulder where the boy began to cry.

Beginning to rock the young wizard in his arms, he whispered words that were supposed to be comforting into his ear. He knew not a lot he would say could help though. Harry had seen far too many people die in front of him. First his mother, then Cedric Diggory. He couldn't imagine how many other's he had seen die through his dreams.

A knock at the door startled Severus, but didn't seem to have registered to the boy still crying in his arms. Looking at the entrance as Dumbledore got up to open the door, he was quite surprised to see Hermione Granger enter the room, a look of worry on her face.

As the girls' eyes fell on Harry, she came and sat on the other side of Harry and started to rub his back. She then pointedly looked at her best friend, then at Severus. He immediately got the message and mouthed 'not here'. Hermione nodded and began to slowly rub her friends back again.

After a while, they both realized that Harry was so quiet because he had fallen asleep again. Hermione got off the couch and let her Potion's Professor lay Harry down. Dumbledore then put a blanket over Harry.

"He saw the death of Professor Trelawney." Severus quietly told the Gryffindor in front of him. "He is, as you can quite see, very upset. Though he did not like her very much she is the first person he has seen killed that he had known in one of his dreams."

"I didn't think he had told you of his dreams?" Hermione stated.

Severus frowned. "I only just found out. Why did he keep this from me?" It was quite obvious to the girl and the Headmaster that not being told had hurt Severus.

"He didn't tell us what any of them were about, but we did know about them." Hermione added, silently wishing that her Professor would stop looking at her like he was thinking of having her for lunch.

"I think," Dumbledore said, butting into the conversation, "that Harry thought you were having bad enough dreams without having to hear about his."

Severus then banged his hand against his forehead, showed his fangs and growled. Dumbledore knew it to be a sign of irritation and frustration and chuckled. Hermione took the thought she was going to be lunch to heart and took a nervous step back.

"He came to me once after Voldemort found out I was a spy. He said he had been having nightmares about what happened at the graveyard after touching the Tri-Wizard Cup. I hadn't been sleeping very well, if at all then and I told him to go back to bed. Did I do the right thing?"

Neither of the other two responded which made Severus groan. "I stuffed up big time. I cannot do this. I cannot be a father to Harry. I shouldn't be a father at all."

Dumbledore frowned and, a little out of character, scowled. "Just because you and Harry have been fighting does not mean that you don't love each other any less. I know you care for the boy Severus, but maybe you should not yell at him every time he says something you do not like."

Unexpectedly, Severus blushed and ducked his head. He was not used to speaking about feelings, especially if that feeling is love. He realized that it was true. By finding out that Harry was his son, he had begun to love the boy as such. He wouldn't be able to stand it if he lost Harry now. He realized that maybe he hadn't yet failed the boy.

Hermione rolled her eyes, sighed men under her breath, before bringing up an important topic "Um, what about Divination? I mean, who is going to teach it now that we haven't got Professor Trelawney anymore?"

"I will set a day after Christmas to look into possible teachers. There are some good Divination Professors I know of that would like the position. Until then, I vote we take Harry back to his bed and all of us get some rest. Tomorrow is, after all Christmas."

With a nod, Hermione left to keep the way clear for Severus as he scooped Harry up in his arms, careful not to wake him and went to put him in his bed in Gryffindor tower.

-------------------------------------

The next day, Harry woke up feeling just as miserable as Neville. The pile of presents at the foot of his bed brought him out of his bad mood though. There was more than usual for him. Quickly, he picked up the nearest present and opened it. It was his yearly Weasley jumper that Mrs. Weasley knitted for him each year. He eagerly got dressed and put it on, sighing at how warm it was.

Before he could get to his next present, which was from Ron, Hermione came waltzing in, her own presents in a sack slung over one of her shoulders. Sitting down on Ron's bed, she, Harry and Neville spent the Christmas morning unwrapping their presents and talking.

By the time they made their way down for Christmas breakfast, which was never as good as Christmas dinner in the style and decorations, they were all in greatly improved moods, though Harry was still quite shocked at the death of one of his least favourite professors. They were also, quite understandably watering at the mouth at the sight of the breakfast. A couple of Ravenclaw's grabbed their food and left again, obviously rather eating at their Common room. Other than that, the three Gryffindors were left pretty much to themselves.

"Wow!" stated Neville, who had always gone home for Christmas every other year he had been at Hogwarts.

Hermione giggled. "You think breakfast is something, you just wait until the annual Christmas Feast. It is the best thing ever. Or so I've been told." Hermione had also never been there throughout Christmas, though Harry and Ron had.

"You're right Hermione. You will be able to stuff yourself full of the best food that was ever made. Though I will miss it quite a bit." Harry had found that while Severus could eat a bit of normal food, and enjoyed it greatly though he wouldn't admit to it, he had absolutely no stomach for it. The professor's were kind enough to have left him some small creatures from the Forbidden forest for him. He would truly have to thank his father later on.

As Hermione and Neville sat down at the Gryffindor table to eat, Harry took what was for him and slunk out of the Great Hall. He still wouldn't feed in front of anybody, except Severus. Or the occasional time before his hunt when Remus would take him out.

He found the nearest classroom, sat down and sank his teeth into the first of the small treats. His breath caught in the back of his throat. Whatever the heck he was eating was the best thing he had yet to eat as a vampire. By the time he realized anything else, he had several drained rodent-like animals lying on the floor.

Turning around to go get something to put them in to give to Fang for a Christmas present, he gasped as he stood face to face with a stranger. A woman stood in front of him, a small smile on her lips.

"Hello, Harry," she greeted him. "I am your new Divination Professor. I am sure we will be good friends."

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=148