Changes by SilverWolf7
Summary: Harry finds out that Snape is his father, and also a vampire! Or, at least half of one. He slowly begins to change from the Harry everyone knows in to the son of Severus.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Ginny, Hermione, Petunia, Ron, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Vampire!Snape, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Torture
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: Yes Word count: 37514 Read: 246657 Published: 29 Jan 2005 Updated: 28 Mar 2007
Chapter 37 by SilverWolf7

Harry was pacing in the room like a caged animal. His hunger was rising and he knew it wouldn't take much provocation to attack.

Aunt Petunia watched him pacing, hoping they would all get out of here and fast, before she and her precious family became nothing but food to the boy.

Dudley was thinking on all of what Harry had been telling him about what had happened the last time Voldemort ruled. For being stuck in a little hole for a couple of days together, amazingly no fights had erupted, Uncle Vernon taking the hint not to get angry at his nephew quite seriously.

Sighing, Harry went and sat down on the bed. There was a lot more shuffling sounds outside as the rats that lived in the dungeons here kept on moving. Since the time he had first told Dudley about Lucius, he had also been hearing something else, something bigger, down here. Still, the sound of rats was making his mouth water.

A loud banging sound came from the cell right across from them. All four jumping to their feet as quick as possible, Harry rushed to the door to see what it was. Wild scrabbling could be heard from the other side of the door to the cell, as if something huge was trying to claw its way out.

As soon as the thought entered Harry's mind, a giant clawed hand came through the door, a shriek of success coming from the beast inside the room. The hunger that had been gnawing at Harry for days suddenly vanished as another giant claw ripped through the door, this one silver.

Gasping, he realized that whatever the creature was, it was also the person who had betrayed his mother and James to Voldemort. Peter Pettigrew was slowly clawing his way out of the room.

As the snout of the beast came through, Harry couldn't help but scream. His relatives raced to the door to see what could frighten a vampire so much, only to be staring into huge beady eyes.

Peter Pettigrew, the man Harry should have killed when he had the chance was not even a man anymore. His body had changed, much like that of Voldemort's except that he was more close to a giant rat. Long snout and wicked teeth could be seen from one of the holes it had made in the door, the beady eyes searching for the meat it could smell.

Suddenly, the door was broken down and a shriek of animalistic hunger and success escaped its mouth.

All four people in the cell screamed and ran to the other side of the cell. They tried vainly to get Harry to break down the bars on the window, but he wasn't strong enough. A whip-like tail lashed out at the door, making it rattle in its hinges. Terrified beyond thought, all the four could do was try to get out of the room.

The snout appeared again this time sniffing inside their cell, looking around to find the meat. There, two good plump people and a skinny woman. The other was not to its liking however. Too small, yet somehow wrong in smell.

With an ear-splitting screech, it began tearing wildly at the door trying to get in. This door however was more sturdy than the one to its own cell. It hunched up its already hunched body and began to slam repeatedly at the door.

His relatives all looked to him for help, though he had no idea what to do in this situation. How many giant rat-men had he ever been attacked by? None. He couldn't die though . . . not like this. A seemingly stupid idea entered his head that he stood more a chance against the beast then the others.

As the door began to give way, Harry did his best to find a weapon, only to see nothing he could use. The thought that he could actually kill it without a weapon never entered his mind.

The wererat slowly made its way into their cell, sniffing at which of the fat people it would like to eat first. Its beady little black eyes fell upon Vernon. With an angry screech, it launched itself at Harry's uncle. Harry tried to get in front of his uncle but was flung away by a tail lashing that shook his senses.

As he watched, the creature bit heavily into Uncle Vernon's arm. The sound of his Uncle's scream was enough to snap him out of the haze he was in and sudden anger took over. He screamed his own rage in the face of the rat, before biting it back. Though he knew he should have been disgusted by the taste, but it was absolutely heaven to the suddenly starving vampire.

As he felt strength return to his own limbs, he felt the strength leave that of the wererat that used to be Peter Pettigrew. Before he could completely drain the creature though, he was pulled off and was yelled at until he could see straight again.

The last person he would expect was holding him. His Head of House, Professor McGonagall was there, helping him to his feet. The tail whipping he had received must have done more damage than he realized as the whole world went black as he slipped into unconsciousness. The only thought in his head was, how did McGonagall get here?

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=148