Changes by SilverWolf7
Summary: Harry finds out that Snape is his father, and also a vampire! Or, at least half of one. He slowly begins to change from the Harry everyone knows in to the son of Severus.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Ginny, Hermione, Petunia, Ron, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Vampire!Snape, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Torture
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: Yes Word count: 37514 Read: 245972 Published: 29 Jan 2005 Updated: 28 Mar 2007
Chapter 38 by SilverWolf7

Harry woke slowly, unconsciousness leaving him to the unwanted glare of lights as he opened his eyes and found himself in the Hospital Wing. Groaning, he lifted a hand to rub at his head where a headache was forming.

There was an awful taste in his mouth that he couldn't identify but he thought it reminded him strongly of rat... suddenly, some the events of what had happened before he fainted came rushing back and his stomach cramped.

He suddenly sat up straight in the bed he found himself in, thinking of the Dursley's and what had happened to Peter Pettigrew.

Did he kill him or not? Was it really his Head of House that had saved them from the cell? Were his family alright? Did he imagine the bite his Uncle Vernon had gotten from the werecreature?

Sighing, he let himself fall back to the bed and closed his eyes. He tried to stop his thoughts, but failed miserably. One question kept on grating on his nerves more than the others...how did he end up in the dungeons of the mansion he was in to start off with?

He was sure someone had come and told him, but who and when he couldn't remember.

A low moan from the bed next to his caught his attention and, turning around, he found his Uncle Vernon asleep, but caught in a nightmare. Harry could see the bandage wrapped around one pudgy arm where the bite from the wererat was.

Closing his eyes, he shook his head sadly. Just when his Uncle had been a little nicer to him, this had to happen. Well, whether or not he wanted to believe it, Vernon now was a part of the magical world, being classed as a monster though...not very pleasant Harry knew. While everyone here accepted him as being what he was, he couldn't help but think of Remus and how much trouble he had just trying to find a job.

Getting up, he found himself very unstable on his feet. Growling softly as his stomach did, he wanted to go hunting. It was then that he remembered his father.

Walking unsteadily to the door he was almost out in the corridor when he was caught by Madam Pomfrey.

"Just where do you think you are going, mister Potter?" She demanded, going over to him and escorting him back to the bed he had been in before. "You are in no condition to go wandering about the castle."

"Where's my dad?" He asked, knowing that Pomfrey was at least in on that small secret.

"In his chambers asleep, or so I told him to be. Knowing him though, he is probably on his way here right now."

She had barely finished the sentence when the door was opened with such force it banged against the stone walls behind it and Uncle Vernon snorted before waking himself.

Harry never knew what had hit him when the arms wrapped around him, stopping him from being able to breathe properly. "Can't breathe." He managed to gasp out of his oxygen starved lungs.

Severus reluctantly let go of his son and glared at him. "Don't you ever do that to me again! You had me worried sick!" He shouted, before hugging Harry close to him again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get kidnapped." Harry replied wrapping his own arms around his father. His stomach growled again then. "Hungry..." He muttered quietly.

Without even thinking, he let his fangs drop and carefully bit into Severus' neck. He felt his dad tense, before muscles relaxed as he suckled from the puncture wounds he made.

Not thinking, he bared his own throat and wasn't surprised to feel fangs enter him there. He sighed happily as he felt Severus' mind brush lightly against his. This is what he wanted, a deeper connection to his father. Hopefully, it would last forever.

Someone cleared their throat and they parted to look at Pomfrey. "Please share somewhere else!" She commanded, cocking her head to one side to make them look in that direction. Uncle Vernon was there, staring at his nephew and the boy's real father with a shocked look of horror on his face.

"I'll leave now..." Severus said, before letting Harry go and walking towards the door. Harry kept his eyes on him until he disappeared out the door. Not until then did he turn to face his Uncle.

"You're a monster!" Uncle Vernon shouted, pointing a pudgy fist towards him. "I don't ever want to have you in my house ever again."

Harry blinked, not too sure yet as to whether Dumbledore will make him go back to the Dursley's or not.

"Has Madam Pomfrey told you anything about that bite on your arm?" Harry asked, a grin on his face at thinking of telling his Uncle that he, too, was a monster.

Vernon nodded his head. "The nurse said that it was bitten by a wererat. She then touched me with silver to see if I was allergic, as were animals are and nothing happened. So she said that I am not a wererat."

"Oh..." Harry said dejectedly, before he remembered something. He went off to find Pomfrey in the nurses station and found her looking busily at papers in front of her. "Madam Pomfrey?" He asked quietly.

"Yes Harry?" She asked, looking up and towards her vampire charge.

Harry smiled at her before stating the obvious fact he had just learnt. "The wererat that bit Uncle Vernon was Peter Pettigrew. Peter had a hand made entirely of silver before he must have been bitten. He must have been immune...do you think Uncle Vernon could have been passed that immunity?"

Madam Pomfrey looked shocked before nodding. "Yes, it is possible. Thank you for bringing this to my attention."

She then proceeded to step into the Hospital Wing to tell Vernon Dursley the bad news.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=148