Lily's Charm: The Holiday by cathyrf
Summary: My comedic take on what should happen in Chapter 35 of ObsidianEmbrace's wonderful story (posted with her permission!)
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th Year
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Lily's Charm
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 383 Read: 2410 Published: 01 Feb 2008 Updated: 01 Feb 2008
Story Notes:
My comedic suggestions for anti-angsty possibilities for new chapters of the story are becoming a staple on the Lily's Charm Yahoo discussion board.  This was particularly popular and I was (with effort) convinced I should post it here.
Chapter 1 by cathyrf

Severus' resurrection from the dead brought Harry back to life as well. After several more days of recovery, Harry decided it was time he had a talk with his father.

"Dad, I've got an idea. The last couple of weeks have been pretty trying, with you being dead and then not being dead, and then kind of being dead, well...it was a handful."

"I’m sorry about that, son."

"Well, I was thinking...we should get away from it all for a few days and take a holiday. We've never done that before."

"An excellent idea, Harry! Maybe a few days at the seashore..."

"That's not exactly what I had in mind."

Severus raises that one infamous eyebrow at Harry.

"I'd like to go to Paris," says Harry hesitantly.

"Paris? A beautiful city, and I haven't been there in years. But why Paris? The art? The cafes? The Eiffel Tower?"

"Disneyland."

Severus looks puzzled. "I don't believe I'm familiar with that place."

Harry jumps up and drops some travel brochures in his father's lap. "I ordered these by owl post! It's a theme park and it looks like so much fun!"

Severus looks over the brochures..."a place where magic comes alive? Harry - we are wizards! We already know magic is alive."

"I know...but it's different there! There's a mechanical flying elephant ride...I think it's called Dumbo."

Severus sighs. "Harry, there's a Hippogriff right here at the castle you could ride." (He realizes what he has just said and of course Harry can't ride him because he might break his neck, but that's beside the point.)

"Then look at this...magic flying carpets!"

"And that's different from flying your broom how?

"But it even has a really famous mouse there and you can get your picture taken with him!"

"I would think after Peter Pettigrew's misdeeds you would have had enough of rodents to last a lifetime."

Harry looks at his dad with his huge emerald green puppy dog eyes. How can Severus deny him anything at this point?

Severus turns back to looking at the pictures in the brochures. "All right, we'll go. But I will state unequivocately right now I refuse to wear any of those silly mouse ears. I find myself loathe to admit, however, that the Goofy baseball hats might have some appeal."

The End.
End Notes:
Inspired by my upcoming week with my family at Walt Disney World. And I had this thought in my head and I could hear the announcer's voice in my head, "Harry Potter, you've just brought your father back from the dead! What do you plan to do now?" just like the Superbowl commercial. And of course I hear Harry in my head reply, "I'm going to Disneyland!" And being the silly person I am, I just had to take it from there.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1491