Vampire Heir: Raising Harry by Ash_Angel
Summary: Harry James Potter never existed, Lily Evens was never his mother, and Severus Snape is his father. This is the story of Harry Severus Potter.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), James, Remus
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Child fic, Snape-meets-Dursleys, Vampires
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 7049 Read: 33480 Published: 01 Apr 2008 Updated: 04 Jul 2008
Chapter 6 by Ash_Angel
Author's Notes:
Thank you for all the reviews. Attempted suicide and cutting mentioned.

(Ello.) Mindspeech.

Sasha calls Karen, Kara.

Aug. 31, 1975 - The Potter Raid, Matthew, Karen, and Kaylee died during the raid. Jenny died two day later at St. Mongu’s in James’ arms.

The steady drip, drip of water echoed through the cell of one Sirius Black. Remus Lupin walked down the hall toward the cell that held is best friend. As he walked he thought back to the conversation that he had had with Severus just the morning.

Flashback:

“Now that we can go get him where will he stay?” Remus asked watching Severus as the vampire paced back and forth. Remus knew that Severus was worried about James, wondering where he was and if he was all right. James hadn’t dream walked since the he told Severus where Peter was and that had been a week ago.

“He’ll stay here, of course.” Severus said.

“You’re sure about that?”

“I wouldn’t have said it if I wasn’t sure. Harry should know his godfather.”

“Okay, I’ll go get him now.”

“See you both soon.”

End Flashback

“Padfoot, it’s me Moony. I’m here to get you out.” Remus said softly as watched his pack mate slowly get to his feet. Five years. Sirius had been in this hell for five years. Sirius looked like the walking dead _ and not the vampire kind, more like the zombie kind. His eyes were sunken and lifeless, his hair hang limp and ragged around his face, his skin tight and pale against his skull.

“Moony, is that really you?” Sirius said his voice horse form disuse.

“Yeah it’s me. Come on let’s go. You have one very excited godson waiting to meet you.” Remus said.

“Harry, Harry’s waiting for me.” Sirius said in shocked disbelieve. “I can’t leave Moony, you know that.”

“Sirius, you’re free. We found Peter he told us everything. Bambi had him arrested and trialed in five days. Severus explained everything to Harry yesterday, and now I’m here to get you and bring you home.” Remus said softly.

***********************************

“Pa, how do people swallow?” Harry asked as he crawled into bed. He really didn’t want to go to bed he wanted to stay up and wait for Uncle Moony and Uncle Padfoot.

“Your throat muscles push down and mucus slides down your throat causing you to swallow.” Severus said.

“Mucus, isn’t that snot?”

“Technically.”

“Ew…”

“Yes. Ew...”

“Pa, if I’m a vampire does that mean I have to drink blood?”

“Yes, but you don’t need as much as a normal vampire because you’re Dragon and Elvin as well.”

“If I’m part elf why don’t I have pointy ears?”

“You do, you just can’t see them yet because the Lily’s Charm.”

“Oh, can I breathe fire?”

“In your dragon form yes, thou you might be able control fire in your normal form. Your Da could, he was what people call a Fire Elemental but not many people knew it. He got his Elemental ability from his Elvin side though.”

“Pa how did you meet Da?”

“Well, we first meet on the train going to Hogwarts, which is a school for witches and wizards, but I believe that we didn’t truly meet until the evening I found James up on the top of the North Tower. He was sick and he shouldn’t ever been up there but he was. He was really sick he almost died that night but I got help and we helped him get better. ”

Flashback:

Severus Snape made his way up to the North Tower for some peace and quiet. He was sick and tired of the noise of the castle. Being a vampire his hearing was better than most people’s. All his senses were and he was stronger and faster than his schoolmates _ well most of them anyway. Upon reaching the top of the stairs Severus was surprised to hear the sound of someone crying. Giving a low growl of disgust, he turned around and was about to make his way back downstairs to the dungeons when the wind shifted and brought the sweet smell of blood, elfin blood, powerful elfin blood. Severus knew that there were only two elves in the whole school, but only one that was that powerful. James Potter, but why would James good-for-nothing Potter; be up on the North Tower all alone. Severus turned and slowly made his way over to where Potter was.

Severus was shocked by what he saw before him. Potter was leaning against the waist-high wall that ran along the edge of the tower crying, a bloody dagger in his left hand. Dozens small shallow cuts running across his lower arms and two long deep ones running along his veins from his wrist to his elbow. James golden-boy Potter was a cutter and suicidal. Severus kneed down beside him listening to the elf’s heart as it struggled it keep beating. Potter was losing too much blood to fast, he was dying. Severus took a deep breath. He knew the only way to save him would be to turn him for there was no way even with his vampire speed that he’d get the teen to the Hospital Wing in time to save his life. Severus sighed. He couldn’t turn the teen without permission from the Vampire Lord. Severus closed his eyes and reached for the link in his mind that all vampires had to the Vampire Lord, Sasha. (Sasha. I need your aid. I have a follow student here who is bleeding out, and I need your permission to turn him to save his life.) Severus said.

(What is the student’s name?) Sasha responded sharply.

(James Potter, My Lord.) Severus answered quickly, not wanting to anger the Lord with a slow response.

(I’ll turn him, stay with him. I’m on my way.) Sasha said quickly fear slamming into him like a sledge hammer. James, his sister Kara’s baby boy, and his godson, was dying. He couldn’t let anyone else turn him; the turning would kill him if he did. He’d have to do it himself; James needed the dragon blood in his veins to make the change without it killing him.

(I’ll do as you say, My Lord.) Severus said as he turned his attention back to the dying teen beside him. A flash of silver made him jump to his feet ready to defend his Lord’s Childe to the death, only to find Sasha himself. Severus bowed low and moved aside. Sasha walked over and kneed down, he quickly healed the cuts closed but knew that James would carry the scars from them for the rest of his life. Leaning over Sasha sank his fangs into his godson’s jugular vein and drank before pulling away. Sasha bit his wrist open and put it to James mouth stroking his throat to get him to swallow the life-giving liquid.

“You are in my debt Severus Snape; you have saved not only my Childe tonight but my nephew and Godson. I thank you for the service you have done me this night. Come we must see the Headmaster. Then I wish to take both James and you away from the school for a few weeks.” Sasha said softly as he rose to his feet James in his arms.

“You’re welcome, My Lord. Please follow me to the Headmaster’s Office.” Severus said. The three vampires at left that night and had spent the next two months in Sasha’s House in England. There James and Severus had worked out their problems and had falling in love, thou Sasha had to put up with a month of the two of them fighting. The Vampire Lord had finally had enough of it and locked the two of them up together in the bathroom. As far as the school knew Severus was with his Sire for training and James was in St. Mangos for a relapse in his recovery from the Raid that had nearly killed him and had killed his parents, niece, and little sister.

End Flashback

The End.
End Notes:
I’m not sure what to put in the next chapter. Please review with what you’d like.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1529