In Potter's Shoes by slytherensangel26
Summary: Harry has finally had enough of his relatives' abuse and has locked himself in the chamber of secrets. To keep up appearances, Snape has been sent to take Harry's place for the summer.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, Petunia, Remus, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Physical Punishment Spanking, Profanity, Violence
Prompts: Wake up Call
Challenges: Wake up Call
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 7834 Read: 59910 Published: 13 Apr 2008 Updated: 20 May 2008
Story Notes:

This story was written in response to the "wake up call" challenge set by Howlaloom.

Guys this is my first Snape and Harry fic. Please go easy on me.

Meeting With the Headmaster by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
Snape's summer plans are destroyed when he finds out that he must impersonate Harry.

It was the last day of the term...a really nice day. Old Toadie was gone...sacked. Everything was back the way it should be...yeah...right 

 Severus sank down into the chair in the headmaster's office. He had the feeling that all of his plans for the summer were about to collapse. He had just been called to the headmaster's office.  When he walked in he saw that not only was Albus there but also Minerva McGonnagal. Now he wished he hadn't come.

Harry bloody Potter had finally lost his mind. He had locked himself in the Chamber of Secrets and refused to come out again... refused to go back home to his relatives for the summer. He had just wrecked Severus' summer plans.

"Headmaster...I fail to see what you need me for. The boy despises me. Surely you don't think I can be of any help to him."

Dumbledore looked at him over his half moon spectacles. "Of course not, my dear boy. That will be for us to handle. However, for the sake of appearances, we must send someone to impersonate him. That is where you come in."

Dread filled the potion master's heart. "And what is it that you require of me? Surely, you are not expecting me to..." Severus trailed off.

Dumbledore gave him a meaningful look.

"No bloody way...I will risk my life for you any day a thousand times over...but this is a impossible task. I... No! I won't do it!" Severus went for the door.

"Severus, there is no one I trust more than you. It is only for the summer. Surely you can do this one small task for me? "

Severus whirled around. "Small task? This is no small task."

Just then Minerva spoke up. She had been the only other teacher in the room and had been very quiet the whole time.

"Severus, don't think of this as small task. Maybe impersonating Potter for the summer will give you a fresh perspective on what he goes through...the two of you have more in common than you think"

Severus looked at the aging witch incredulously. "Just what does that mean? Potter is an insufferable, spoiled little brat! He is nothing like me!"

Dumbledore cleared his throat causing Severus to once again give the headmaster his full attention.

"If you do this for me Severus, I will allow you to be the DADA teacher next term. "

Damn. Severus thought. He's got me.

Snape sighed and looked at his boss. "Very well...What do I need to do?"

***

That night Mr. Weasley and Severus (who now looked exactly like Harry) appeared with a pop at the end of the Dursley's drive way. Severus silently thanked the other wizard and headed for the house.

He hesitated at the door and finally gave it three sharp knocks. For a moment he heard nothing then all of the sudden the door opened and man with hardly any neck grabbed him by the front of his shirt and dragged him roughly inside.

Vernon slammed him against the wall and leaned into Severus/Harry's face. Severus winced...the man smelled strongly of garlic and oh Merlin no! alcohol. All of the sudden visions of Tobias Snape came rushing back at him.

"Let's get one thing straight boy. You are lucky that I let a freak like you stay in my house. You had better stay away from my son. It is bad enough you have driven him loopy. You are lucky that I don't strangle you with my bare hands. There will be no meals for a week!"

his son...what had Potter done to his son?

With those words Vernon grabbed the back of his shirt and dragged him roughly up the stairs to a bedroom. Once they got there Vernon looked at him with pure hatred and landed a well place punch to his stomach and his face and then threw Sev into his room. Sev landed roughly on the bed and fell to the floor.

When all was quiet Sev looked up slightly dazed. He tasted blood in his mouth. He stomach was hurting. He didn't want to move...

Bloody Hell, what have I gotten my self into?

The End.
End Notes:
And so the summer begins...I do hope that you are all like the updated version...thanx very much to daughter of ages for her kind advice! see you next chapter!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1535