In Potter's Shoes by slytherensangel26
Summary: Harry has finally had enough of his relatives' abuse and has locked himself in the chamber of secrets. To keep up appearances, Snape has been sent to take Harry's place for the summer.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, Petunia, Remus, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Physical Punishment Spanking, Profanity, Violence
Prompts: Wake up Call
Challenges: Wake up Call
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 7834 Read: 59911 Published: 13 Apr 2008 Updated: 20 May 2008
Reconciliation by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
The title says it all

Dumbledore was on his way. Severus was pacing the floor of the sitting room at the headquarters for the Order of The Phoenix. There was much to report to the headmaster.

Surely Dumbledore must have sensed something was wrong…the man seemed to know everything about everything. How could the old man not know anything about Potter’s living conditions?

“Severus? Back so early?” Dumbledore stood in the door way.

Severus turned to face his boss.

“Headmaster, the situation with the muggles was intolerable. It was either I leave or they die. I thought it was best to get out of there.”

“Surely it wasn’t that bad, Severus?”

The dirty bastard Vernon Dursley is the worst excuse for a human. Do you have any idea what I went through?”

Snape did not give the ancient wizard time to respond.

"I was only there a few days and in those days I was beaten, starved and scorned. Who knows if that was all that he did to Lilly’s son. These muggles are not fit guardians! I refuse to accept the fact that you didn’t know anything about this.”

Dumbledore looked at the potion master solemnly.

“Apparently it was worse than was reported to me.”

Dumbledore sighed.

“There is still a problem…the blood protection. Without Harry there, it will fail.”

“Can’t we transfer the blood protection to another house?”

Dumbledore nodded his head.

“The burrow. Or this place. I have recently been informed that Sirius’ will states that all of the Black family fortunes are to be passed on to Harry. All of it even Kreacher are now Harry’s property.”

“And who will be his guardian now? Black is dead. Who else can we trust. Molly and Arthur have their hands full with their…brood.

Dumbledores eyes twinkled.

“NO! I-”

“No worries Severus. I need you to continue your spying duties. I was thinking about what James would have wanted. There is only one Marauder left.”

“The werewolf?”

“Yes. And his name is Remus not Werewolf. If he will agree, I think he will make an excellent Godfather for the boy.”

Severus thought this over. “Very well. Now what about Potter, he is still in the chamber isn’t he?”

“Yes, and we are no closer to getting him out of there.”

“Headmaster. I have a little secret.”

“Secret?”

Severus hissed.

* * *

Harry sat in the Chamber of Secrets. He was miserable in the darkness. But he refused to leave.

Never will I ever go back to that place. I’ll die first.

Harry glanced at the main chamber. It was the very same room where he had fought the basilisk And nearly died in the end… Would he die here now?

There is no way I am going back…not a snow ball’s chance in hell.”

Suddenly he heard foot steps. He drew his wand. (The only possession he had taken with him except for the album Hagrid have given him)

“Who’s there? Show your self!”

Harry suddenly saw a light coming toward him.

“Easy Potter.”

“Snape…what are…hold on…how did you get down here?”

By now Severus was a stone’s throw away.

"You are not the only Parseltongue to attend Hogwarts. I simply chose not to reveal that bit of news. People hated me enough with out knowing of my…talent. Not even Professor Dumbledore knew about it.. He just found out a half an hour ago.”

“Then you knew…that time at the dueling club.”

“I knew. I would have reacted differently had I not been in complete shock on hearing you speaking to the snake. Trying to be a hero.”

Harry looked at his feet. “Why are you here Professor. If you are here to force me to go back, You are wasting your time.”

Severus sat down next to him. “I came down here to retrieve you. But you will not be going back to your uncle’s house."

“I’m not?”

Severus sighed.

"You don’t know this Pot- Harry. But when you disappeared a couple days ago, I was sent to impersonate you. And I have experienced the abuse first hand. The beatings, the starvations, all of it. I am sorry that I ever thought of you as pampered brat. I know now that you are not.”

Harry was touched by the potions master's words and the apology.

“Professor, I don’t know what to say.”

“Words are not necessary. Not at this point. Now, if you are done hiding in here, I am taking you to the hospital wing.”

“Why?”

“Don’t queston me boy, Suffice it to say that after all I have experienced I am taking you to Pomfrey and between the two of us, we will get you to proper health.”

Harry started to get up but Snape put out a hand to stop him.

“Before we go, I want to know if there was anything that happened other than the beatings and starvation. Please don’t be embarrassed if there was. I know what abuse feels like. I know all you saw in the pensieve.”

Harry hung his head. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

Severus nodded in understanding. “I need to know so I can treat you. If you cannot tell me, I would like to see for myself. I promise I will not sift through anything else.”

Harry nodded and allowed Severus into his mind. Minutes later Severus drew out of the boy’s head.

As he lead Harry out of the chamber his mind was in turmoil. He could not fathom all he had seen. He had never thought people could be so cruel. He knew now that what he had experienced was just the tip of the iceberg.

* * *

Once they reached the hospital wing Severus gave Harry a spare set of Pajamas he had conjured. With that done he gave Harry a sleeping draft.

With Harry asleep on the padded examination table he summoned Pomfrey into the room to begin diagnostics.

The End.
End Notes:
I know that Snape probably wasn't a parcelmouth but I made him one for the sake of this story.

Up next, Revenge. And that is all I will say for now one last thing...i would like to apoligize for all the errors...it should teach me not to write when i am half asleep!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1535